ron sr.

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

ron sr.

Postby haley860 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:45 pm

so, is it true that ron sr. was abusive??? is there anyone else that said so besides butch????
haley860
Amityville Member

Re: ron sr.

Postby jimmysmokes » Sat May 09, 2015 7:51 am

yes, a lot of friends of the family and and it also talks about it in certain books written on the defeos.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby scipio-USMC » Sat May 09, 2015 3:05 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:yes, a lot of friends of the family and and it also talks about it in certain books written on the defeos.

No one reliable has said it. At trial the defense tried to establish he was abusive but failed miserably.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby scipio-USMC » Sat May 09, 2015 3:13 pm

haley860 wrote:so, is it true that ron sr. was abusive??? is there anyone else that said so besides butch????

At trial the defense tried to establish he was abusive. His father in law testified he saw him hit Ron Jr on 2 occasions. Obviously that failed to establish a thing. He also got a friend to testify he saw Sr. once knock Louise down the basement stairs because she was too noisy but the claim sounded completely absurd. The defense efforts failed miserably.

Subsequent to the trial DeFeo put up numerous people to support his claim that his father was abusive but if they actually had any personal experiences they would have testified at trial for him. They are all part of the sae scheme he came up with wher ehe lied about being married at the time of the murders and tried completely revising history. The only reliable work out there on this subject is High Hopes.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby jimmysmokes » Sat May 09, 2015 5:05 pm

barry springer talked about it with first hand knowledge as others did.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby scipio-USMC » Sat May 09, 2015 6:22 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:barry springer talked about it with first hand knowledge as others did.
He didn't at the trial. He refused to testify at the trial on Ron's behalf. Subsequent to the trial he tried to make amends by lying for Ron. He thus signed a false affidavit ROn prepared for use at his 440 Hearing. In it he claimed Ron's lawyer prevented him from testifying, that he was married to Gerladine and other nonsense. The judge rejected his claims as not credible.

There is no one reliable who has detailed witnessing abuse. Just people who have supported his post conviction lies including but not limited to his fairytales about being married and Dawn wanting to move to Florida to live with Billy Davidge though he didn't even live in Florida at the time.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby quotestheraven » Mon May 11, 2015 3:30 am

Maybe some of the witnesses to the abuse refused to testify at trial because they didn't want Ronnie to get off or a reduced sentence? Ronnie was - what - 22 years old? he could have moved out. If the abuse was THAT bad, he could have left. But, even if Mr. DeFeo was an abusive SOB that doesn't justify murdering six people.
quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Postby BooshaGirl » Fri May 15, 2015 11:25 am

I've been told by a reliable person that Ron Sr. was a loud, obnoxious man. This person was friends with Ronnie, but each time I mention it, I get beaten up by certain people on this board. By the by, he (Ronnie's friend) is visiting me this summer. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, can we set up a skype chat or something so everyone can ask him questions? Or not. Whatever. I would love you all to hear his actual voice answering your questions instead of me asking him questions (and getting yelled at about some of them!) New Yorkers...they're a trip.
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Postby quotestheraven » Fri May 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Doesn't being an Italian from Brooklyn kind of go hand-in-hand with being loud and obnoxious?
quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Postby scipio-USMC » Fri May 15, 2015 5:31 pm

BooshaGirl wrote:I've been told by a reliable person that Ron Sr. was a loud, obnoxious man. This person was friends with Ronnie, but each time I mention it, I get beaten up by certain people on this board. By the by, he (Ronnie's friend) is visiting me this summer. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, can we set up a skype chat or something so everyone can ask him questions? Or not. Whatever. I would love you all to hear his actual voice answering your questions instead of me asking him questions (and getting yelled at about some of them!) New Yorkers...they're a trip.

Whether someone is loud or obnoxious is in the eye of the beholder. In any event such has little bearing on whether he was abusive as DeFeo alleges in order to try to justify things. Such claims played a key part of him blaming his mother and Dawn and also in trying to justify his own actions. His lawyer was able to come up with few examples of abuse so failed miserably. Any abuse claims that didn't come out at trial are not credible, such would have been alleged at trial if such things actually were witnessed. Weber dug for evidence of abuse he could not find much though.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby scipio-USMC » Fri May 15, 2015 5:35 pm

quotestheraven wrote:Doesn't being an Italian from Brooklyn kind of go hand-in-hand with being loud and obnoxious?

Being loud sure does, obnoxious is in the eye of the beholder. Like claiming someone is abusive such is a conclusion. Witnesses are asked to provide evidence not conclusions so that others can look at what they supposedly witnessed and then draw their own conclusions. My Bronx relatives were louder than the Brooklynites by the way.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby TigresMeow » Sun May 17, 2015 7:45 am

BooshaGirl wrote:I've been told by a reliable person that Ron Sr. was a loud, obnoxious man. This person was friends with Ronnie, but each time I mention it, I get beaten up by certain people on this board. By the by, he (Ronnie's friend) is visiting me this summer. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, can we set up a skype chat or something so everyone can ask him questions? Or not. Whatever. I would love you all to hear his actual voice answering your questions instead of me asking him questions (and getting yelled at about some of them!) New Yorkers...they're a trip.

Works for me. I think it would be interesting just to hear what his impressions were of the family. I have Skype too, if I can remember my log on and pw. lol
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"
TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Postby BooshaGirl » Tue May 26, 2015 1:03 pm

I'd be absolutely THRILLED to set up a skype chat. He truly did know the family. You can believe me, him, or nobody at all.
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Wed May 27, 2015 9:06 am

BooshaGirl wrote:I'd be absolutely THRILLED to set up a skype chat. He truly did know the family. You can believe me, him, or nobody at all.

I don't have SKYPE, but would love to see the transcripts.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Ayko » Wed May 27, 2015 9:33 am

scipio-USMC wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:yes, a lot of friends of the family and and it also talks about it in certain books written on the defeos.

No one reliable has said it. At trial the defense tried to establish he was abusive but failed miserably.

why don't you just admit to being scipio and also jimmysmokes like I already proved...or shall we go through it again. Challenge!
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby scipio-USMC » Wed May 27, 2015 10:11 am

Ayko wrote:
scipio-USMC wrote:

why don't you just admit to being scipio and also jimmysmokes like I already proved...or shall we go through it again. Challenge!

The only thing you have ever proved here is that you are a prolific liar. Jimmy might be an alias of yours but is not mine, my only alias is this one. I have used it on the History Channel (their message boards were closed several years ago after moderators were introduced who killed the forums) and ever since on any forum I register at.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby BooshaGirl » Wed May 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:
BooshaGirl wrote:I'd be absolutely THRILLED to set up a skype chat. He truly did know the family. You can believe me, him, or nobody at all.

I don't have SKYPE, but would love to see the transcripts.

It doesn't have to be SKYPE, Victoria...and I'd love to have you there...because you'd ask challenging questions. If he's here on a Thursday...maybe I could get him to SIT DOWN FOR A HALF HOUR (he's going to be busy with concert stuff) and chat with us on this board. I'm really and truly going to try to nail him down for at LEAST a half hour...with JUST US....here...on this site. I will be checking in from time to time...and when he commits to a date, I'll make a new thread here so we can all know when and how to meet online or some sort of conference call.
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Postby Ayko » Thu May 28, 2015 5:35 am

scipio-USMC wrote:
The only thing you have ever proved here is that you are a prolific liar. Jimmy might be an alias of yours but is not mine, my only alias is this one. I have used it on the History Channel (their message boards were closed several years ago after moderators were introduced who killed the forums) and ever since on any forum I register at.

Excuse me, I was drunk and mad at the world. I promised myself not to waste my time like this anymore. Just a small slip up. No harm done. Still, in my own defense, and as the old saying goes of alcohol working like truth serum at times, how could jimmysmokes unlock the Nissa Burkharter topic when he went on the attack continuing your attack of me in that topic over two months after it was locked and before he was a member?!
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10959&start=63

In any case, I take back my drunken silliness and challenge, and I excused myself. I believe that was honest, human and mature. Btw, I do not lie, prolifically or otherwise. All that know me know that. Now I feel better.
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby scipio-USMC » Thu May 28, 2015 1:14 pm

Ayko wrote:
scipio-USMC wrote:

Excuse me, I was drunk and mad at the world. I promised myself not to waste my time like this anymore. Just a small slip up. No harm done. Still, in my own defense, and as the old saying goes of alcohol working like truth serum at times, how could jimmysmokes unlock the Nissa Burkharter topic when he went on the attack continuing your attack of me in that topic over two months after it was locked and before he was a member?!
http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/vie ... 9&start=63

In any case, I take back my drunken silliness and challenge, and I excused myself. I believe that was honest, human and mature. Btw, I do not lie, prolifically or otherwise. All that know me know that. Now I feel better.

You lied about being an American soldier, being invovled in R&D of US military intelligence, having friends at the SCPD who are investigating the case, it being an open case, that the FBI was investigating...

You series of lies qualify you are a prolific liar in my estimation.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby jimmysmokes » Thu May 28, 2015 3:57 pm

scipio-USMC wrote:
Ayko wrote:
scipio-USMC wrote:

http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/vie ... 9&start=63

You lied about being an American soldier, being invovled in R&D of US military intelligence, having friends at the SCPD who are investigating the case, it being an open case, that the FBI was investigating...

he lies about everything! he's hoping someone will respond to him. he only ever gets responses on his junk from Victoria.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Ayko » Fri May 29, 2015 8:07 am

scipio-USMC wrote:
Ayko wrote:Excuse me, I was drunk and mad at the world. I promised myself not to waste my time like this anymore. Just a small slip up. No harm done. Still, in my own defense, and as the old saying goes of alcohol working like truth serum at times, how could jimmysmokes unlock the Nissa Burkharter topic when he went on the attack continuing your attack of me in that topic over two months after it was locked and before he was a member?!

Never claimed to be American soldier. Never claimed that R and D is of US military intelligence (whatever that means). I did state that I had a civilian contract and worked with R and D on a scientific research project. etc... avoiding the issue is a good sign of what the truth is...

Ayko wrote:...how could jimmysmokes unlock the Nissa Burkharter topic when he went on the attack continuing your attack of me in that topic over two months after it was locked and before he was a member?!
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Next

Return to DeFeo Discussion