a question for clairvoyant/psychic people on this site

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

a question for clairvoyant/psychic people on this site

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:03 pm

Do you sense that the spirits of the DeFeo family still surround the house, or have they crossed over in peace to the other side?

I believe it may have taken Dawn/Allison longer to cross over, as Mary Pascarella Downey in the 70s and Marie St Claire (2000s) both described visions of a dark-haired girl with long hair crying on the steps of the house and looking out the windows.. Mary tried to help release her to the other side, but I have reason to believe that the house still is haunted by them- at least occasionally.

Also, while we are at it, what other spirits do you sense at 108?
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Re: a question for clairvoyant/psychic people on this site

Postby jimmysmokes » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:08 am

hmm. budweiser and vodka, those kinds of spirits
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:29 am

as usual, you have absolutely nothing intelligent or of substance to offer
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby Brooke Forrester » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:00 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:Do you sense that the spirits of the DeFeo family still surround the house, or have they crossed over in peace to the other side?

I believe it may have taken Dawn/Allison longer to cross over, as Mary Pascarella Downey in the 70s and Marie St Claire (2000s) both described visions of a dark-haired girl with long hair crying on the steps of the house and looking out the windows.. Mary tried to help release her to the other side, but I have reason to believe that the house still is haunted by them- at least occasionally.

Also, while we are at it, what other spirits do you sense at 108?

I don't think there are spirits there. I think if there were, it was the DeFeos and they'd by now have accepted it and gone with God. That's my feeling.
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Postby Rokiisun » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:51 pm

I wouldn't say there are spirits now, but understandably before and after the murders the house may have absorded a lot of negative energy so it could be possible.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby gator812k » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:17 am

Rokiisun wrote:I wouldn't say there are spirits now, but understandably before and after the murders the house may have absorded a lot of negative energy so it could be possible.

I believe there was plenty of negative energy in 108 after the murders. Now? Hard to say without someone visiting. Interestingly, Dead Files (Amy Allan & Steve DiSchiavi) approached the owners, starting in 2012, to investigate but have been denied. Here is one interview where Steve D. mentions his interest in investigating the property:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/38096/ ... dischiavi/
gator812k
Amityville Member

Postby Mary23 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:50 pm

I am not a psychic or something like that and I would hardly believe in someone here saying that is one. But is hard to say because it can be possible and also impossible. I believe in these paranormal cases and in ghosts and that the energy or souls of people who died in a tragic way, stay in the place but there are not real proofs of how long they can stay there, if a short time or centuries and think about it is very sad too, especially in this particular situation. I just hope that they are finally resting in peace and the house is finally clean again.
Mary23
Amityville Addict

Postby Rokiisun » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:33 pm

Thing is, even if someone is clairvoyant or psychic here on the board - I would say most places would probably need visited first, but it's hard to tell without being in the property and it does look like it's currently a happy house.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby Mary23 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:01 am

Rokiisun wrote:Thing is, even if someone is clairvoyant or psychic here on the board - I would say most places would probably need visited first, but it's hard to tell without being in the property and it does look like it's currently a happy house.

You are right but since some people went in the past (like the Warrens) to investigate and couldn't get enough evidence, I doubt that another psychic or investigator would get something now. I think that probably after the murders and when the Lutz family moved in, all the bad energy in the place provoked some paranormal events and perhaps the energy or spirits of the DeFeos were still there, unable to understand what happened but could crossed to rest in peace, shortly after that. Although it had to happened while everything with the Lutz family was going on or in the time when they moved out and the house was empty for a little while.
Mary23
Amityville Addict

Postby Brooke Forrester » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:15 am

Rokiisun wrote:Thing is, even if someone is clairvoyant or psychic here on the board - I would say most places would probably need visited first, but it's hard to tell without being in the property and it does look like it's currently a happy house.

Exactly.

I wouldn't say I'm highly clairvoyant or psychic, only slightly. I will dream things that come true, maybe exactly as I dreamt them, but very close. My sister and I have had the exact same dream, same night, before. Or we'll get feelings about things and they'll happen.

I've watched that show with Amy Allan. I wouldn't mind seeing the Amityville house investigated by them, but I think the new owners want to enjoy the house without the media and I don't blame them.
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:27 am

ain't nothing there. never was nor will be. a terrible tragedy that was capitalized on by weber and his cohorts.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Amityville Rock » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:51 pm

I've stated what I think on multiple occasions, but frankly OntarioGuy I don't think you give my views on the possible cause of the haunting much weight thus I will not repost them here. Know this however I was closer to Lee Lutz than most people who are still on this board, which perhaps colors my view of the haunting. Lee, Kathy, Chris and Danny for their parts all believed the haunting was in some fashion demonic.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999
Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:40 pm

why do you think I don't give your views enough weight? I'm puzzled by that remark, we've only spoken once, and I enjoyed hearing your views and I believed what you had to say. This post was a chance for ALL people on the board to come together and discuss this
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby Amityville Rock » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:19 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:why do you think I don't give your views enough weight? I'm puzzled by that remark, we've only spoken once, and I enjoyed hearing your views and I believed what you had to say. This post was a chance for ALL people on the board to come together and discuss this

I get the distinct impression you have made up your mind that the spirits present, if indeed there were any, were exclusively those of the deceased Defoes. Everything I have learned points to the haunting being caused by transient phenomenon like poltergeists or that associated with elemental hauntings. If the Defeo ghosts were responsible the haunting wouldn't have been so violent nor would it have ended when the Lutz family moving out. Human spirits tend to remain bound to the place of their tragic deaths. Besides what is described by the Lutzes (the Pig entity, the hooded figure, shadow entities) do not fit human spirit hauntings.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999
Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:17 pm

I agree with your points

I don't think the spirits were ONLY the DeFeos.. from doing research and from what other people have said I strongly believe George also conjured up an evil spirit through his involvement in the occult. This spirit followed them out of the house when they left
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby BooshaGirl » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:14 am

I'd be interested in learning to be a "remote viewer" to see for myself.
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Postby Brooke Forrester » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:15 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
OntarioGuy1988 wrote:why do you think I don't give your views enough weight? I'm puzzled by that remark, we've only spoken once, and I enjoyed hearing your views and I believed what you had to say. This post was a chance for ALL people on the board to come together and discuss this

I get the distinct impression you have made up your mind that the spirits present, if indeed there were any, were exclusively those of the deceased Defoes. Everything I have learned points to the haunting being caused by transient phenomenon like poltergeists or that associated with elemental hauntings. If the Defeo ghosts were responsible the haunting wouldn't have been so violent nor would it have ended when the Lutz family moving out. Human spirits tend to remain bound to the place of their tragic deaths. Besides what is described by the Lutzes (the Pig entity, the hooded figure, shadow entities) do not fit human spirit hauntings.

It could be possible that the DeFeos wouldn't like the first family that moved in so soon after their murders. I won't give specific examples because it might not seem to fit this scenario, but I have heard of people who won't accept the first person that moves in on a situation but will accept the next person.

Also, if there was demonic activity, what's to say it wasn't brought on by the negativity of Ronald DeFeo Jr.'s lifestyle and then the murders.

Imo there isn't enough evidence that the house/grounds were always haunted, that there were witches living there and Indian burial grounds there. But there is evidence that Ronnie was a very negative person who was into drugs, and in many paranormal shows I have watched, there is much agreement that demonic spirits are attracted to negative atmospheres and personalities.

I think part of the reason I don't like the "it was always haunted" theories is that it is sort of letting Ronnie off the hook, which I don't think he deserves.
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Postby Amityville Rock » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:22 am

One factor to keep in mind is that in many traditional cultures shamans communicate with spirits via the use of hallucinogenic substances. Ronald Defeo Jr. was a well known frequent heavy user nay abuser of both street level drugs and hard liquor. I suspect both of which may have opened his already turbulent mind to be extensively influenced by whatever was there. Do I think it was a demon, not necessarily. Rather I think it could have been a type of elemental that Ronald Defeo and/or his friends accidentally disturbed through some type of low level occult ritual (perhaps a ouija board). This was a background spirit that could have been invited onto the property during a 1920s' era séance. Mr. Defeo further aggravated the situation by bringing so much religious iconography onto the property following the gun incident. While the entity didn't make Defeo murder his family I think it helped out by deadening sound and urging him on. Once the Lutzes moved in their house bleesing once more caused all hell to break lose only now you had the confused Defeo spirits involved too. Later the exorcism George had preformed did work though George didn't realize. In a nutshell that is my theory.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999
Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:35 pm

ask yourself a question. why would the lutzes have a priest do a catholic blessing on their new home (on the first day no less) when neither one of them practiced Catholicism?
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Brooke Forrester » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:45 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:One factor to keep in mind is that in many traditional cultures shamans communicate with spirits via the use of hallucinogenic substances. Ronald Defeo Jr. was a well known frequent heavy user nay abuser of both street level drugs and hard liquor. I suspect both of which may have opened his already turbulent mind to be extensively influenced by whatever was there. Do I think it was a demon, not necessarily. Rather I think it could have been a type of elemental that Ronald Defeo and/or his friends accidentally disturbed through some type of low level occult ritual (perhaps a ouija board). This was a background spirit that could have been invited onto the property during a 1920s' era séance. Mr. Defeo further aggravated the situation by bringing so much religious iconography onto the property following the gun incident. While the entity didn't make Defeo murder his family I think it helped out by deadening sound and urging him on. Once the Lutzes moved in their house bleesing once more caused all hell to break lose only now you had the confused Defeo spirits involved too. Later the exorcism George had preformed did work though George didn't realize. In a nutshell that is my theory.

I do think Ronnie was the problem, but is there any source for the theories that he practiced the occult? I only ever heard of the drugs.

Anyway, that's a pretty good theory, though I'm not sure the stories of the seance are true.

ask yourself a question. why would the lutzes have a priest do a catholic blessing on their new home (on the first day no less) when neither one of them practiced Catholicism?

Wasn't Kathy a Catholic, and I thought George converted when he married her?

I too thought it was odd to have a priest bless the house on the first day, when you would think everyone was tired from the moving in process. But, it shows me that they were more scared and put off by the murders than they originally thought they would be when they first saw the house.

I think the house is beautiful and I would love to live in a house like that, and I don't believe there is anything negative there anymore, but, even I would be creeped out thinking about the murders happening, and they moved in just a year after the murders. Even people who aren't superstitious would be bothered by that, I think.
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:10 am

jimmysmokes wrote:ask yourself a question. why would the lutzes have a priest do a catholic blessing on their new home (on the first day no less) when neither one of them practiced Catholicism?

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/haunting1.html#religious
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Next

Return to DeFeo Discussion