SGT. DEFEO

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

SGT. DEFEO

Postby jimmysmokes » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:10 pm

I wonder what went through Mr. Brigantes head after butch killed them all? I wonder if Mr. Brigante had any regrets when he put up that dough to keep his filthy grandson out of the draft (military)?

Maybe the military could have saved the nut and made him into something? Maybe would've saved Ryan K too!

well well, private ryan and sgt. defeo
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Re: SGT. DEFEO

Postby Ayko » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:43 am

jimmysmokes wrote:well well, private ryan and sgt. defeo

Sounds like a modern Abbot & Costello or Laurel & Hardy title.
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:28 am

dont give em any idears'
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:52 pm

I wonder the same thing too

Big Mike visited Ronnie in prison and beat him up pretty badly once if I am not mistaken. But didn't he also give Butch a hug during his trial and said "The truth will set you free?"

I would have just disowned him and had him beaten in prison. Mike could have easily arranged it with his connections
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:07 pm

according to one source, mike ordered the hit on big Ronnie. that's interesting and frightening at the same time.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:17 pm

Hey that reminds me of something- didn't Ronnie say one of the reasons he killed his family was because he knew his Grandpa Mike and his dad had a hit out on him for that Thanksgiving weekend? I know I've read this multiple times

Too bad the hit didn't happen and Butch got tipped off to it- I understand why his family wanted to get rid of him because he was a drug addicted trainwreck and they were probably worried he was spilling their secrets, plus being a complete embarrassment to them.

Would have been good if he could have got it and not them
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:57 pm

that's one of the theories out there but doesn't hold water. a lot of people wanted big ron gone, especially mike.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:04 pm

No I meant Butch, not Big Ron (sorry for the confusion, i'm just going to say Butch from now on)

why did a lot of people want Big Ron gone? i never heard that one before
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:15 pm

you would need to read all the stuff written on the family and big ron. too much stuff to relate here.

in short, he was abusive to his family (to put it lightly) and a nutcase. I did in fact find some new info on the father/daughter incest thing which I found interesting but lacking in evidence as the theory went in mentally ill. Now i'm almost sure it went on. hope it's wrong though.

also, listen to interviews from family friends, court docs, etc.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:22 pm

Really? wow.

I wondered if he was abusive since Butch claimed that but there were also others in the community who said he was a loving, caring father and family man

The incest thing is bizarre. To say the least. I'm curious, what makes you so sure incest went on? I think Hans Holzer claimed that once (but we all know you don't believe Holzer or any of them) but were there other documents? I don't think Big Mike would have stood for that

Remember- there was a reason his portrait was at the top of the stairs- to remind Big Ron who the real man of that house was!
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:15 pm

just something I found that went along with what was published in a book. remember that this was in 74 when abuse in all aspects went on in families and never got reported like it does now. all that was taboo back then.

as far as believing holzer and the rest of them, I believe in any truthful parts in their books, etc, but I am wary of them too. obviously there are things in osuna's book and ryans movie that are true. you have to piece together.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:20 pm

Do you have any links or documents? I would like to look into this more
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:05 pm

which part ?
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:22 pm

the incest. i've heard another angle about that from an unrelated source and i want to follow up
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:53 pm

When I first watched Amityville 2, I did not give the incest angle much thought as I wrote it off as Hollywood putting this in to give it more story. I did not realise that it was something first mentioned by Hans Holzer in his book Murder in Amityville from which the sequel/prequel was loosely based.

Then during the Amityville Week 2002 on Lou Gentile's show, when asked about the 'inappropriate relationship' between Ronnie and Dawn, Joel Martin said that there were 'stories' circulating that there existed one between them, although it was unconfirmed. It could be possible the 'inappropriate' relationship, though unconfirmed, might not have necessarily meant incest but rather a connection between Ronnie and Dawn in the form of a plot to kill the parents. But since neither Dawn's involvement or any inappropriate (incest or collusion to murder) was never verified, we will never know.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Ayko » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:45 am

Ronnie's great uncle, Pete DeFeo, was Capo in the Genovese Mafia clan. Everyone here knows that and everyone knows that immediate family intimacy is a common practice among the Mafia for diverse reasons of traditonal and cultural survival and spiritual Family connections. No offense but you all are rambling. Just ask Miss Ewers lol.
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:13 am

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:the incest. i've heard another angle about that from an unrelated source and i want to follow up

later I'll send you a pm with it.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:15 am

Ayko wrote:Ronnie's great uncle, Pete DeFeo, was Capo in the Genovese Mafia clan. Everyone here knows that and everyone knows that immediate family intimacy is a common practice among the Mafia for diverse reasons of traditonal and cultural survival and spiritual Family connections. No offense but you all are rambling. Just ask Miss Ewers lol.

there is always some truth in ron's lies. nasty as this subject is, i'm almost positive it was happening.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Ayko » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:15 am

jimmysmokes wrote:there is always some truth in ron's lies. nasty as this subject is, i'm almost positive it was happening.

Why do you consider the subject nasty?
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:40 am

incest? not here dude. do agree with the comment you made about italian families though. it seems to be a recurring theme among them.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:58 am

that's not true about a recurring theme among Italian families being incest.. I mean maybe back in the old country but certainly not here. I live in a city that has more Italians than anyone else, and I can tell you that's just not true about incest being a recurring theme with them
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Next

Return to DeFeo Discussion