Ryan Katzenbach's epic rant

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Ryan Katzenbach's epic rant

Postby msmart112 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:46 pm

Hard to believe...but this past week marked five years since Ryan Katzenbach uploaded his epic rant to the Shattered Hopes website...

Link

...reading it again...I found it just as amusing as I did five years ago...especially this part...

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:As a closing note to this, I want to say that Mr. Nolte posted on his forum (Monday, September 20, 2010 - 12:00 P.M.) that "This film is Ryan's Vietnam." Obviously, he's addressing how long it has taken for us to make this film.

Well, I like Mr. Nolte's way of thinking. Shattered has been a war fought one battle at a time. Some battles were lost, but most of them were won. But, Dan's slightly off in terms of his wars and the historical context of such simile. First, Shattered is not "Ryan's Vietman" because, unlike Vietnam, there will be no gradual, unresolved retreat into the shadows. Shattered will be brought to completion.

...looks like Mr. Nolte was correct! :clap:
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Re: Ryan Katzenbach's epic rant

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:31 am

Ah yes, another example of it being OKAY for Ryan to steal pictures!

Glad to have seen this again :)

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:This is Part I of what will become a series that could be a few parts or many

Again with the multiple parts... and again we're still waiting.

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:I want to note that Mr. Nolte has questioned my "professionalism" numerous times.

Was he the first? He certainly wasn't the last!

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:And by the way, for Mr. Pyke who lives in England, there's connectivity with Interpol who polices copyright infringement, so he wouldn't be left out of the mix, either.

I'm sure Interpol would love a break in their tracking of fleeing terrorists to sort of Mr. K's "copyright" problems, if he wishes to go down that route ;)

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:First, Shattered is not "Ryan's Vietman" because, unlike Vietnam, there will be no gradual, unresolved retreat into the shadows. Shattered will be brought to completion.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Exsecratio » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:03 pm

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:
And by the way, for Mr. Pyke who lives in England, there's connectivity with Interpol who polices copyright infringement,

Actually no they don't, copyright infringement is a civil matter and not a criminal matter unless such infringement is for the purpose of financial or pecuniary advantage. Interpol deal with breeches of international law, most usually trafficking in firearms,drugs or persons. They will also action international arrest warrants issued by the Hague for criminals that have left any given jurisdiction.

Interpol officers have no jurisdiction over civil matters, they are not permitted to make ad-hoc decisions over who owns any given material rights other than in cases of physical theft or electronic fraud.

They can enforce international warrants but only on the directive of the courts of the IP officers own country. A French Officer for example has no powers here in the UK and would need to be accompanied by a UK warranted officer and even so they would still play no part in any arrest other than as advisor's or professional witnesses.

Unfortunately Mr Katzenbach this is simply incorrect.

cheers

Dave
Exsecratio
Amityville Member

Postby msmart112 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:48 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:Ah yes, another example of it being OKAY for Ryan to steal pictures!

From the My Amityville Horror Facebook page...

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:Hey guys...I do believe that the window graphic you are using is from MY FILM. Appreciate it if you remove this as it isn't yours to use.

...so apparently...Ryan Katzenbach feels that people shouldn't use images that are not theirs to use...yet...if we look at the Shattered Hopes Facebook page...we see this...

...typical hypocritical Ryan Katzenbach. :roll:
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby TigresMeow » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:02 am

People who use a double edged sword usually end up hurting themselves with it. ;)
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"
TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Postby scipio-USMC » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:44 pm

msmart112 wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:Ah yes, another example of it being OKAY for Ryan to steal pictures!

From the My Amityville Horror Facebook page...

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:Hey guys...I do believe that the window graphic you are using is from MY FILM. Appreciate it if you remove this as it isn't yours to use.

...so apparently...Ryan Katzenbach feels that people shouldn't use images that are not theirs to use...yet...if we look at the Shattered Hopes Facebook page...we see this...

...typical hypocritical Ryan Katzenbach. :roll:

He's the same jackass who told people on the web not to trust Dan becaus ehe filed for bankruptcy int he past and low and behold so did he and Geraldine...
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:34 pm

Ahhhh, memories... :clap:
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby PeterPisani » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:40 am

I love this thread. I haven't been on facewad in months, so are there any new discoveries or rants anyone can link to? I am on vacation the next week. Lmao.....I got some time to catch up.
PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:21 pm

Don't think there's anything very new. These days Ryan treats his own fans worse than he ever treated us. He keeps jerking them around with fake "upcoming" release dates (like he did from Day One) and goes silent for months on end. As an example, his last facebook post on his Shat Hopes page was made in June...

He's just a living circus of lies and broken promises...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby PeterPisani » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:47 pm

I know that, lol. I appreciate this forum very much, Dan. The man has made an art of false hope, speculation and outright charlatinism. Sham has his pic next to the definition in the dictionary and because of this forum, I like to believe I played a part in exposing him.
PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Return to DeFeo Discussion