question about Allison's murder

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

question about Allison's murder

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Something that has boggled my mind for a long time:

Allison was shot in the face-if I read the reports correctly- yet in the crime scene photo there is no damage to her face, just lots of blood

Dawn, on the other hand- her face was partially collapsed yet the bullet entered from behind her ear. So I am just wondering why Allison's face had no Damage either- unless she was hit somewhere else?
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Re: question about Allison's murder

Postby Rokiisun » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:53 pm

I don't like looking at the crime scene photographs containing the victims but I think it was Allison's face that had collapsed - Dawn's head had suffered such a horrendous injury that her headboard was covered in matter. I have seen the autopsy photograph of Dawn once and the one of Allison flipped over at the crime scene where you can see her face - the damage he did to her is horrific, I don't know why he can live with himself after seeing that photograph himself.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:12 pm

Allison's face was not collapsed, everything was in tact- her eyes wide open and mouth open as if she was screaming. Lots of blood covering her face but I seen the close-ups of her from several different angles and her face was not collapsed at all.

The one you saw of Dawn- her face was collapsed as there was a large hole on her left side of head and her left eye was sunken in. The damage there was clear

Disgusting- most definitely. I just don't understand, if ronnie supposedly shot her in the face from a few feet away as they said, shouldn't her entire face/head have been blown clean off? There was nowhere near that damage, as all of her features were still completely intact
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby Rokiisun » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:41 am

Sorry, must have got the two photos mixed up - I only saw them once a few years ago and it's not something I would like to see again. I do remember one of their mouths being open as if in shock and the head being intact and now that my memory is coming back to me I think that was Allison because I vaguely remember the photo being compared to a similar photograph from another crime scene that was mixed up with the Defeo crime scene.

The one of Dawn I saw I think she was laying back on what looked like a table (if I remember) and it didn't appear to have been taken at the house but in some place like a morgue?

That's something I cannot understand either - for there to be gunpowder present on her clothing Ronnie would have had to be a few feet away, yet the damage suggests he wasn't a few feet away, possibly somewhere like the doorway/hallway. Maybe the bullet fired wasn't 'strong' enough and leaked gunpowder when it hit Dawn? I'm no expert on guns or rifles so it's just a theory.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:30 pm

Yes, you are correct about Allison being the one who was flipped over with her mouth open- and it was compared to the "7th body" photo that later turned out to be from a completely different crime scene- I saw that too and know exactly what you are talking about.

The photo of Dawn was lying on a morgue table as you also correctly described.

However- I believe you may be incorrect about Ronnie shooting Dawn from the doorway- he shot Allison from the doorway. Ronnie shot Dawn at close range (hence teh gunpowder on her clothing and severe damage to her face), and she had to have been facing away from him for the bullet to enter behind her left ear, causing her skull to implode.

Allison was awakened by the gunshots and looked up to see Ronnie aiming at her from her doorway- she was clearly awake as her eyes were open and her mouth open in a frozen scream of terror.

It breaks my heart, Allison would have grown up to be such a beautiful woman, I think she would have broken a lot of guy's hearts- all the kids would have had good lives ahead of them I think :(

Where's all the ballistics and forensic experts usually lurking around on here? My original question still hasn't been answered...
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby Baphomet666 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Its been said before,nobody will never know what really happened.Who shot who first?Ron sr. was the primary target that night and things just escalated from thereWhy the girls were killed more violently?Again we will never know at least until Butch stops lying out of his ass.
There are too many things I cant explain that happened in that house.Harry,our dog at the time,tried to hang himself. G.Lutz
Baphomet666
The Guardian of Mother Earth

Postby Amityville Rock » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:06 am

Baphomet666 wrote:Its been said before,nobody will never know what really happened.Who shot who first?Ron sr. was the primary target that night and things just escalated from thereWhy the girls were killed more violently?Again we will never know at least until Butch stops lying out of his ass.

We only have Butch's word his father was the primary target that night, as opposed to the whole family or both parents. Which is a poor source if ever there was one.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999
Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Postby Rokiisun » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:38 pm

Even though Ronnie is a terrible liar the one thing that does match up in all of his accounts is that he shot his father first and likely his mother second. At one stage one of his sisters comes out to ask what's going on then goes back to sleep in a number of his stories, sometimes he says it's Allison (last testament interview) and others Dawn (parole hearing) so I feel as though he might not be making that up either, but I do believe he is lying that one of the sisters (usually Dawn) was in on the idea of murdering the parents and actively took part with Ronnie that night.

I think he's trying to implant false memories into his mind as a way of either hiding from what he has done or he simply cannot remember and feels the need to make up a story or few.

He at least planned to do away with his father which makes it first degree.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby Amityville Rock » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:02 pm

If Butch told me water is wet I'd get a second opinion. The man is a confirmed compulsive liar with a vivid imagination. At any given time he'll tell a person whatever they want to hear. I'm surprised he hasn't blamed the murders on aliens or bigfoot yet.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999
Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:28 am

Amityville Rock wrote:
Baphomet666 wrote:Its been said before,nobody will never know what really happened.Who shot who first?Ron sr. was the primary target that night and things just escalated from thereWhy the girls were killed more violently?Again we will never know at least until Butch stops lying out of his ass.

We only have Butch's word his father was the primary target that night, as opposed to the whole family or both parents. Which is a poor source if ever there was one.

It is easy to speculate that Ronald DeFeo Sr being the first to be shot was the primary target of Butch's anger and resentment, however everyone else in the family were shot following. It is interesting however that the parents were shot twice and the siblings once each, with the boys shot in the back and the girls in the head.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Return to DeFeo Discussion