Bar that fired Ronnie's girlfriend?

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
indigo_turquoise
Amityville Member

Bar that fired Ronnie's girlfriend?

Post by indigo_turquoise » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:57 pm

Hello,
Does anyone know the name and location of the bar that fired Ronnie's then-girlfriend, which he then threatened to shoot the owner of? I could have sworn I read in High Hopes that it was in Wantagh, but in Kaplan's book he says it was "The Intrepid" bar in East Massapequa. Thanks.

Buick - 1975
Amityville Member

Re: Bar that fired Ronnie's girlfriend?

Post by Buick - 1975 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:40 am

Hi, yes it was the Intrepid where Mindy Weiss was fired and that he felt one particular person there was a danger to his life and something about having a loaded .25 calibre automatic hand gun on him.

There was another bar also called Longfellow's where he said someone put something in his drink and tried to poison him. Mindy Weiss was also working there at that time and he accused her of doing it, but he also thought that a number of other people could have done it. So he told them he was going to kill every single one of them and he said he bought two hand grenades from New York so he could get them all at the same time.

indigo_turquoise
Amityville Member

Post by indigo_turquoise » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:49 pm

Buick - 1975 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:40 am
Hi, yes it was the Intrepid where Mindy Weiss was fired and that he felt one particular person there was a danger to his life and something about having a loaded .25 calibre automatic hand gun on him.

There was another bar also called Longfellow's where he said someone put something in his drink and tried to poison him. Mindy Weiss was also working there at that time and he accused her of doing it, but he also thought that a number of other people could have done it. So he told them he was going to kill every single one of them and he said he bought two hand grenades from New York so he could get them all at the same time.
Thank you. I live in the area and have never heard of either of those. Any idea what became of them? Name changed or closed?

Buick - 1975
Amityville Member

Post by Buick - 1975 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:30 am

indigo_turquoise wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:49 pm
Buick - 1975 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:40 am

Thank you. I live in the area and have never heard of either of those. Any idea what became of them? Name changed or closed?
No sorry, I cannot even find the addresses for those. I thought I might have had the addresses written down somewhere, but I could only find the addresses for Henry's Bar and the Chatterbox. The Chatterbox was the bar where supposedly whenever Butch heard the song "I Shot the Sheriff" he would start going wild and start hitting the bar and wanting the radio turning up. There also was a nightclub he mentioned called the Apartment in Long Beach. Maybe someone in here know more about these places?