Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Shattered Hopes...

Postby t00nCiNaToR » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:55 am

No Ric... No please, don't do it... Say it isn't so Ric.... NOOOooooo!!!

Now that I got that out, I can't believe someone is gonna actually put his lies on film(In 2006)... All the power to him but... I hope they sell it as "Very loosley" based on a True Story. And not the "True Events" of that night in November... Damn him!! I still wanna see it though... heh heh.

From Ric's site, looks like George will have some more suing to do... ;)

For Immediate Release

Katco Media and The Amityville Murders? Further the True Story in 2006

Las Vegas, NV (October 30, 2005 ) ? Autumn 2006 promises to be an exciting season with the revisiting of America's most infamous, alleged haunted house. Katco Media Publisher Ryan Katzenbach explained, "Next fall, Katco Media will release a 90-minute exploration of the tragedy that befell the DeFeo family in November 1974. The untitled documentary project is based on Ric Osuna's The Night The DeFeos Died*, and will mark the company's debut to the world of multimedia and film entertainment."

The project will incorporate on-screen interviews with author Ric Osuna, whose five-year research endeavor resulted in his true-crime book, which continues to sell today. The documentary will incorporate not only on-camera interviews with various eyewitnesses, including Geraldine DeFeo, but it will also incorporate archive footage, crime-scene photos and re-enactments of the murders and Ronald DeFeo's subsequent trial. While interviews will begin taping in November, the reenactments will likely be shot throughout winter and early spring in California and New York.

Katco Media and Ryan Katzenbach plan to take the Amityville story one-step further. In February 2006, Katco Media will release The Amityville Courthouse that will expose nearly 30 years of legends, lies, and litigation centered on the alleged haunting of the "Amityville Horror" house. The book is being developed in-house by Katco Media.

"The book will take a historical look at the various lawsuits filed through the years," Katzenbach said, "as the Amityville players fought to maintain control---and money---by perpetuating a hoax upon the public."

Also in 2006, Ric Osuna will be publishing The Amityville Murders? in paperbook format through Noble Kai Media. More details on this project will appear at www.amityville98ders.com over the coming weeks.
Last edited by t00nCiNaToR on Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Postby DryWellToHell » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:47 am

http://www.shattered-hopes.com/

As Kat would say: PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT :roll:
DryWellToHell
COVER IT!!

Postby sherbetbizarre » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:18 pm

As for the title... ZZ Vampy should sue!! :twisted:
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Victoria Principles » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:18 pm

I wonder will we here complaints about Michal Brigante exploiting the memories of his family just like we here about George Lutz being exploitive.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby sherbetbizarre » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:21 pm

Here's the thing... Brigante died years ago.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby msmart112 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:25 pm

He died in 1985, but Geraldine knew him pretty well, and she spent a lot of time at the Brigante's home in Brooklyn.

Hell...she was there for just about EVERY important conversation that took place in their home from 1975-1985!
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby t00nCiNaToR » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:46 pm

msmart112 wrote:He died in 1985, but Geraldine knew him pretty well, and she spent a lot of time at the Brigante's home in Brooklyn.

Hell...she was there for just about EVERY important conversation that took place in their home from 1975-1985!

heh heh... OK RIC I hope you're just kidding...
t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Postby zzvampy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:08 pm

Shattered Hopes, eh? Interesting indeed. Notice the Katco Media logo at the bottom of the 'site'. Looks like Ric & Katzenbach are together once again.

Wonder if the nice little <sarcasm> email that I received from Ryan Katzenbach yesterday had anything to do with this Shattered Hopes website? Hmmmmmmmmmm :twisted:
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Postby OldSoul70 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:33 pm

I hate this, cause now everyone who knows squat about the case will believe all this b.s and Osuna will once again win and collect all his money that he is making. I just hope in the end justice will be served and he will live though a great downfall. I know its mean ,but this guy bothers me so friggin much. I cannot believe hes doing this AGAIN.
OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Postby t00nCiNaToR » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:40 pm

OldSoul70 wrote:I hate this, cause now everyone who knows squat about the case will believe all this b.s and Osuna will once again win and collect all his money that he is making. I just hope in the end justice will be served and he will live though a great downfall. I know its mean ,but this guy bothers me so friggin much. I cannot believe hes doing this AGAIN.

Again?? you mean thrice, he is making his Docu-movie on The Night the DeFeo's Died, then he's gonna bring the Amityville Murders book out and then he'll make another movie on that, but there is only so much crap "Normal" people can listen too about this case before they tune him out and turn him off.

*** Edit ***
This is not bad for a man that already has said that he was "Done with The Amityville thing" and was moving on to bigger and better things. yeah sure.
t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Postby zzvampy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:50 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:As for the title... ZZ Vampy should sue!! :twisted:

Kind of ironic that my bandwidth skyrocketed right before this new Shattered Hopes site appeared, yes? Hmmm. Not to mention R.K's email to me yesterday. Hmmm again.
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Postby LadyRusty » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:52 pm

Hmm is right
Rusty Wallace 2005 The Last Call Image
LadyRusty
Rusty's Woman

Postby Howard64 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:55 pm

I have an idea for a movie...

Osunitus!!! Revenge of the Mole
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby LadyRusty » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:59 pm

lmao
Rusty Wallace 2005 The Last Call Image
LadyRusty
Rusty's Woman

Postby Howard64 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:01 pm

To quote Sith Mole...

"come with me young lutz, and together we can rule the world as mole and son"

*heavy breathing thru mask*
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby SilkyPup » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:22 pm

Krissy had those exact same thoughts. I also thought the title was reeeeeal creative....
Im not little, Im funsize!
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:29 pm

I don't understand the title. It's a book about George's past lawsuits? "Shattered Hopes"?

The title would fit a book about the DeFeo murders, or a book with the opinion that the hauntings were true - but Ric is obviously going to write a book with the viewpoint that the haunting was a hoax.

So where do the "shattered hopes" fit in? Unless Ric is forecasting the book's projected sales... :wink:
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby radiomixer » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:29 pm

lmaoooooooooooooooo Howard!

Krissy, is there any way to see what IP's are causing the bandwidth problem?

Makes me sad, that they copped your webbie's title like that. Katco looks rather moronic; they become so by way of guilt of association. Osuna is a liar and opportunist -- period. Let's see him challenge the police over that "seventh body" BS. See where it gets him. That is, assuming they can locate which rock he lives under.
radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Postby t00nCiNaToR » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:44 pm

persephone wrote:lmaoooooooooooooooo Howard!

Krissy, is there any way to see what IP's are causing the bandwidth problem?

Makes me sad, that they copped your webbie's title like that. Katco looks rather moronic; they become so by way of guilt of association. Osuna is a liar and opportunist -- period. Let's see him challenge the police over that "seventh body" BS. See where it gets him. That is, assuming they can locate which rock he lives under.

I think it's the dirty rock behind the Flamingo... Or is it the MGM Grand??? hmmmm
t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Postby sherbetbizarre » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:29 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I don't understand the title. It's a book about George's past lawsuits? "Shattered Hopes"?

This confused me at first, because these two come up with new projects every other week...

Shattered Hopes is a DVD documentary about the case... and The Amityville Courthouse is a book on the lawsuits. http://www.katcomedias.com/AmityvilleProjects-News.html

And remember, kids:

"Amityville Courthouse" is a play on the title of one of the many Amityville sequel movies, "The Amityville Dollhouse."

:lol:
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby TigresMeow » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:46 pm

I hafta say it....

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dry made me do it

Kat
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"
TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Next

Return to DeFeo Discussion