Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Re: Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

Postby Dan the Damned » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:38 pm

I'm sure Ryan is thinking, "Oh, that guy must be one of the AT admins..." lol

Because obviously no one (other than us) has a problem with his work and/or the way he does business... :rotate:
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:51 am

It's a Happy Xmas from Shattered Hopes...

Jamey
Yesterday at 01:09
does anybody have a clue when shattered hopes 3 and butch defeo,s interview will be coming out on dvd?
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Rokiisun » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:17 pm

Part 3 isn't even out yet? Goodness me - that's one very slow production.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby msmart112 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:28 pm

Looks like RyKat has abandoned SH for his silly Ronni Chasen doc...

http://www.kesq.com/news/film-maker-que ... r/36378602
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:13 pm

And "silly" is right. His conspiracy theories regarding Chasen seem even dumber than the ones involving the DeFeos. And watch -- the Chasen film will eventually end with Ryan saying, "Yeah, looks like that Harold Smith guy was the killer after all. Oh well. Thanks for watching my film..."
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby msmart112 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:22 pm

And when Ryan Katzenbach decides that it's time to introduce the "second gun" theory...it looks like Bill "butt hurt" Pfeiifer will be searching neighborhood swimming pools instead of the Amityville canal. ;)
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:21 am

Dan the Damned wrote: "Yeah, looks like that Harold Smith guy was the killer after all. Oh well. Thanks for watching my film..."

But can he beat the 7-8 hours of Shat he makes people sit through, before arriving at the same conclusion as the police 40 years ago? :)
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby kathyM » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:49 am

What I wonder is who keeps giving him the money to make this junk?
kathyM
Princess

Postby Rokiisun » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:10 pm

He could be working on his own budget which would probably explain why it has taken him nearly 11 years to produce the documentaries.

I know the majority has probably been shot in recent years but can you imagine if you bumped into the actors from parts one and two on the streets and realised they were ten years older than in the recent documentaries? I can imagine that would be a little awkward...
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:58 am

So he took on a new project "10 months ago", yet still asked for money on Amityville pre-orders he was too busy to deliver...

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:LADIES & GENTLEMEN: We've been absent in any updates for a while, and I am finally feeling at liberty to speak about Shattered's Part III and the DeFeo Interview....

Roughly 10 months ago, as a filmmaker, I received a TERRIFIC opportunity to shoot a film for a large network. It was a film that I have always wanted to make and I never dreamed that I would be able to do so. As a producer, you always have projects that are on your wish list....and I am thrilled that I have been able to do the one I am currently working on while serving as its producer, writer and director. As a result of this, unfortunately, and unintentionally, Amityville was forced to take a backseat. I can assure you that Part III and the DeFeo interview are going to come out! We have not abandoned our commitment to the film or the work we started -- work that answers our forensic questions (and yours) on the case in extreme detail.

After this current project is delivered in the next 60 days, we will turn our focus back to the release of Shattered's final DVD and the DeFeo interview. Our fans and friends that we made along the way are NOT forgotten; we have not turned our back on Amityville....we have NOT lost interest in this most incredible project that we started filming, now, a decade ago.

I have received a lot of emails, and there have been many posts on here regarding the release of the final installment....they are NOT being ignored intentionally. We are very busy with our current project. At the present moment, we don't have an anticipated release date for the final work, except to say....stay tuned....IT IS coming! I hope that this will put your minds at ease and know that we are committed to releasing Shattered's III and 75A4053 in DVD formats.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby TigresMeow » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:11 am

How unprofessional.
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"
TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Postby Dan the Damned » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:36 pm

I like how Ryan keeps saying "we," as in "WE have not lost interest," etc. When obviously there is no "we."

If Katco really consisted of people other than Ryan, then Ryan's absence wouldn't matter. He could go off and do this other project while the rest of the Katco team worked on releasing these DeFeo discs. Especially this interview disc, which Ryan claims was finished and manufactured back in June (7 months ago). No work left on it but to take orders and ship them out. Any monkey can do that.

But notice how everything stops when Ryan isn't available. He keeps blaming delays on either him being busy with another project, or him having a cold, or not being able how to figure out his new web authoring software, or whatever. It always seems to be excuses that wouldn't matter if there were others working alongside him.

But no. There is no one. He's just one sad little clown, running around trying to convince everyone that he is a big deal...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby msmart112 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:50 pm

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:...as a filmmaker...

An angry little man with a video camera does NOT equal a filmmaker.

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:...for a large network...

That certainly rules out Reelz.

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:...can't say what we're working on at this point...

Whatever it is...I'm sure that it will be a titanic failure.
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby Rokiisun » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:24 pm

I agree Dan. It most certainly looks like Ryan is the only one working on the Amityville project because like you said it's not like the rest of the team cannot go on producing the work because he's not there.

Technically if Ryan has an editor (who is not himself) the editor can sometimes have the final word over how a particular scene is edited or how the timeline progresses.

Besides it has taken him a decade to complete a project which is actually quite bad.

It's the fact he's posted to his supporters that it will be completed and available to buy by such and such a date only to push it back. If it's not to its deadline then just be honest about it - push backs will only affect sales.

I wouldn't feel comfortable sending someone my money for a DVD to then be told it's not coming out for another year.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby jimmysmokes » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:14 am

ryan's fans are as dumb as he is. there are still idiots posting on his page that they believe in him and his project as long as he keeps promising them that he's going to release the dvd's. true devotion? the blind leading the blind.

also like his new project. don't know what it's about but would like to order it now.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby msmart112 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:00 am

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:Just finishing up this current project....and then....a break....to go back to Amityville and finish up this epic we've started.....
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Ryan Katzenbach Making Four ‘Shattered’ Sequels

APRIL 14, 2016 | 11:28AM PT
UPDATED: Ryan Katzenbach will make four “Shattered Hopes” sequels, promising that the films will start hitting theaters in 2018.

The creator of the original “Shattered,” the 2012 fantasy epic that remains the all-time worldwide box office champion, said that his vision for a followup has expanded over time.

He first envisioned two sequels. But after meeting with a team of four screenwriters and a group of “some of the top artists and designers in the world,” he realized that he had way too much material for just two films. He initially decided on three sequels, then jumped to four.

“So far, what I am seeing in pure imagination is far beyond the first three films,” Katzenbach said. He said that very few people have seen the initial concepts, but a select few have been left “speechless” by what they saw.

“We have decided to embark on a truly massive cinematic project, making four epic films, each of which stands alone but together forms a complete saga,” Katzenbach said.

In further support of the first-run theatrical experience, Katzenbach added: “Trust me, these are films that were designed to be seen in theaters and on the big screen first.”

The other three films will be released at Christmas-time in 2020, 2022 and 2023. “That is our game plan,” Katzenbach said.

“The next time I see you will be on Shattered parts 4-7,” Katzenbach told the theater owners, referring to the mythical land he created with “Shattered Hopes.”

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/james ... 201753774/
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:35 pm

Thanks for the update, Sherb. Always good to hear updates on my favorite fantasy documentary series.
May Ryan continue on his streak of good luck! :beer:

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Brendan72 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:36 am

"Fantasy epic"? "All-time worldwide box office champion"?

Are we talking about Star Wars VIII?
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby kathyM » Wed May 04, 2016 1:32 pm

Didn't he say the whole theater thing about a million years ago when he first started this project. Remember the backyard "premieres"? Oh, the good times.
kathyM
Princess

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:17 pm

Another satisfied customer...

Steven wrote:I'm confused as hell. If I have the first and second DVDs released some years ago, what do I now need to get in order to have the full story and to know what the bloody hell happened that night in that bloody house??! The downloadable interview, the numbered video exclusive thing. I have no idea what to purchase or how. This has dragged out longer than anything else in the history of 112 Ocean Avenue...
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to DeFeo Discussion