Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:55 pm

Does anybody know how old Gerard Sullivan was when he prosecuted the DeFeo case? I seem to think that he was older than the actor portraying him in the "movie". I can't find my copy of High Hopes to look it up so if anyone knows off the top of their heads or can quickly consult their own copy that would be great.

And I looked at the actor's site, Josh Bower. My first thought was: slap a beard on this guy and he looks oddly like Ryan Reynolds portraying George Lutz in the Amityville "remake" (I use the term remake loosely).

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:17 am

I dunno how old he was. I'm having trouble finding an obituary for him. I figure an obit would also have his birth year.

What year did Gerard Sullivan die?

TIA
Amityville Addict

Post by TIA » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:25 am

From High Hopes, page 84 of the hardback:

"I was born October 22, 1942."

::Tia tries to do maths, runs out of fingers, and finds a calculator::

Which makes him 33 in 1975 when the trial happened, and pretty young when he died.
[size=75][i][color=violet]Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.[/color] [/i][/size]
[img]http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif[/img]

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:46 am

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:00 am

When inclement weather set in during the fall of 2006 in central California where the set is being constructed, the entire project had to be shelved until better weather prevailed.

"The project is so large in its scale that it's really best to be able to work on it outdoors in open space. Also, with the attention to detail, we didn't really anticipate that it would take as long to complete * " says Katco publisher and documentary producer Ryan Katzenbach

*we run out of money...

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:07 am

Since they're basing this "documentary" on Ric's "book"...why even bother with real actors and a real set?

All they need are a few old socks, some cardboard, a little paint, and a cheap video camera...

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:31 pm

Didn't Ric and Ryan learn when they lost money on the book? Now they're rushing to lose money on this film which is likely destined for Bert I Gordon status in the Industry...

I bet they don't have the proper permits to film in whatever county they're in (Ryan's backyard?)...

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:44 pm

That is okay Dan. Ric will just allege on his site that the "real reason" they weren't granted permits (and thus the shoot was a bust) is because of the "wide reaching conspiracy" against his work being "made public". He’ll just say that this is merely another piece of “proof” that his claims are all based on “facts”.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:49 pm

msmart112 wrote:Since they're basing this "documentary" on Ric's "book"...why even bother with real actors and a real set?

All they need are a few old socks, some cardboard, a little paint, and a cheap video camera...

Hey you got 'em mislabeled, 'cause I recognize those two guys. Their Mike and Dave from Ric's old forums. :wink: (for those of you who remember the old days).
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:10 pm

LMAO @ Mike "The Slugger" Reilly!

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:12 pm

From Ric's website in April of 2001...

In conclusion, I have recently changed my thinking about the fictional side of Amityville. Seeing the DeFeo relatives weep at the grave finally made me realize that there can never be a fictional side to the Amityville house. Moreover, I am now opposed to anymore sensational movies, books or documentaries that come out only to capitalize on the house in Amityville. This is not only unfair to the relatives of the DeFeos, but also to the current house owner.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:44 pm

Bet there was a lot more weeping when Ric, Gerri and Ronnie accused Dawn and Bobby Kelske of being "child murders", in his 2002 (first edition) "book".
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Eric Walter
Independent Artist

Post by Eric Walter » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:28 pm

Wow, thanks for the links. I had no idea this project was still underway. It seemed to have evaporated over the summer...

The sets look pretty interesting. Does anyone know how Katco is planning to release this? Straight to DVD? Television?
"All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare." - Baruch Spinoza

TIA
Amityville Addict

Post by TIA » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:31 pm

::sigh::

So it lives. Ah well.

I wonder how RDJ will take the project?
[size=75][i][color=violet]Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.[/color] [/i][/size]
[img]http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif[/img]

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:36 pm

Can a garage have inclimate weather?

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:05 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:That is okay Dan. Ric will just allege on his site that the "real reason" they weren't granted permits (and thus the shoot was a bust) is because of the "wide reaching conspiracy" against his work being "made public". He’ll just say that this is merely another piece of “proof” that his claims are all based on “facts”.
I wonder if another stolen car will be set ablaze in front of Ric's house?

I wonder if another bullet will be fired into Geraldine's home?

I wonder if Ric and Gerri will receive more death threats?

:roll:

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:18 am

No doubt. :roll: :lol:
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:19 am

BTW FilmmakerEBW nice site. I really like the design. 8-)
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Eric Walter
Independent Artist

Post by Eric Walter » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:54 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:BTW FilmmakerEBW nice site. I really like the design. 8-)
Thanks, Rock. Haven't updated the site in quite a while, but I hope to get around to it soon.

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:58 am

Eric, I love the Multimedia Updates!

Where on earth did you find that interview with Laura DiDio? That was great!
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."

Eric Walter
Independent Artist

Post by Eric Walter » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:07 am

BillyCigars wrote:Where on earth did you find that interview with Laura DiDio?
That was a short segement of Laura DiDio's interview with Shadoe Steele. I included her perception of the haunting and her involvment with the Lutzes because I have always respected her point of view. She seems to be very level-headed and bases her opinions on what she experienced first hand. She doesn't necessarily come right out and say she believes the haunting theories, only that she believes that the Lutzes went through something of a traumatic nature while living at 112.

But yeah, I defintly need to get back on the site and do some work. I'll post up some more media features as well...