Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:17 pm

Ahh cool, thanks for the info!
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:51 pm

On the subject of Shattered Hopes ... I would be interested in seeing the final product, but would be very wary of it's authenticity on the basis that Ric Osuna's contributions would severely damage it's credibility from the early production stages.

If he is claiming everything was such a big conspiracy in the investigation of the murder, why isn't Oliver Stone involved? Of course I say this fasetiously.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:25 am

Because they got to him Brendan. They got to him.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:55 pm

Yes the Warren Commission (that's Earl Warren, not Ed and Lorraine Warren) did conclude that Ronnie DeFeo acted alone in the commission of the crime and there were NO shadowy figures on the grassy knoll.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:48 am

Exactly.

Nothing to see here! Nothing to see here! Move along people! Move along! :wink: :lol:
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:55 pm

Yes and some Suffolk Police officers came along, flashed their badges, and took potentially damaging witnesses to the station where they stood over said witnesses for hours on end making them change their stories and say they didn't hear gunshots between the hours of 3.00am and 3.30am on the morning of the murders. Which would of course contradict their single gunman story - confessions of hearing gunshots would definitely support their case against DeFeo ... but Osuna would have us believe there is a big "conspiracy".

Yes Ric will have you believe there is a "shadow" administration in the Suffolk County Police Department who made the DeFeo murders look like the work of a single gunman, which would explain why Butch DeFeo had signs of being beaten ... even though said bruises were several days old at the time he was put into custody. No police officer in the history of obtaining a confession has inflicted bruises on a suspect BEFORE the commission of a crime! :roll:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:59 am

From the creative minds behind this project...
MRSD112 (Geraldine "DeFeo")
(3/21/02 10:23:23 am)
Reply To Whom It May Concern

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ric put this board up for inteligent conversation and debate.
Everyone is allowed his or her opinion.
OZZ had the audacity to say i cuss like a drunken sailor,but forgot to mention that i was called some very disgusting names on that other board.
Told i was illiterate a barmaid and made fun of.
What was said about Ric Osuna and his wife was despicable.
What was said about Roger Stacy was disparaging.
What was said about Rock was maliciouse.
What was said about Dave was inimical.
The filthy language,comments,and allegations made about us are acceptable by their standards.
Any slight contradiction or challenge to them or question we do not ansewer is considered an insult by them.
It is not necessary i elaborate every last detail of my life to anyone.
If you want proof i am real LOOK IN THE BOOK
OZZ what happened to you uncle who was going to show us the New York law on the estate??
I see now Mike is just as illiterate as i.
But moveing on................
Butch worshiped the devil my ass!!
How is it he had and has tons of friends and family that never knew of this?
Boy he must have been slick keeping that hidden.
I am not the main part of the book .
The book is about the Defeo family ,the trial ,Suffolk County homicide squad ,the cover up etc etc etc,NOT ME.
NEXT lets get it right about Ric.
When we first talked Ric did not believe alot of what Mr.Lutz had told him.
He told me he had written letters to people George said could
give him Ric,documeted proof of what george said.
And most letters he got answers to said they never were contacted by George Lutz.
Ric went all over looking for people George told him were real only to find they were not.
He still thought George had some credibility UNTIL i told him a few things that he felt were impossible for me to know
Now what the hell was Ric going to think when i told him things and told him how to get the paperwork to prove i was telling the truth.
What was he going to think when i had photos no one else had? Photos no one ever saw?
Or i told him how to find people the history channel could not?
What was he going to think when i take him to friends of Butchie boys no one can find or get near.
What was he going to think when i get Butch to see him and he does not have to have money to pay Butch to talk.
What is he going to think when i give him letters from years ago from Butch or that Butch has sent me from his attorneys.
What is he going to think when he asks Brian Kelske if his father said i was Butchs wife before the murders and Brian tells him yes his father told him that and more.
What is he going to think when every one of Butchs friends in the book High hopes tells him Gerri is real.
What is he going to think when he sits in Barry Springers house and is told Barry has known me 33 years,and Barry and his wife tell him how long i have been married to Butch.
Ric was all ready finding it very hard to believe alot of the things George said before i came along
Ric Osuna is a honorable man and believed in Mr. Lutz until a multitude of people showed him otherwise.
Other people who have nothing to do with the Defeo /Brigante family.
Add the Defeo /Brigante family Butch and all his old friends and what was Ric to do?
NEXT i asked Ric to do the book .
I did not ask for money or to be in news papers ,TV,or famous.
I asked only that his representation of the family good or bad be truthful
That he represent the murder case ,investigation.Suffolk County.and all people involvede exactly as it happened.
Ric asked that all paper work pertaining to this case be certified and well documented.
Ric Osuna owes no one ,he has authorization for every word he wrote.
He has proof for every word he wrote.
His reason to publish his book the way he did is of no concern .
The book is out and that is all that matters.
Yes it will be out later by a publisher but it is out for now and can be purchased that is all that is important
THE BOARD.........
Is not for slander accusation,anger,malice,mockery threats,gossip or garbage.
What it is for ..... is conversation ,debate,comment,discussion of theory,interest.and knowledge.
Many are curious the mystery of the case,the tragedy.
So why act rediculouse let us all just enjoy this board.

ric112 (Ric Osuna)
(3/21/02 10:56:44 pm)
Re: To Whom It May Concern

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MRS D,

There are those that really don't see Amityville as anything but a story of a house with eye-like windows.

There are those that fail to realize that the human side of Amityville is so much more fascinating and tragic.

I will never begin to understand people like Ozz since he seems contempt in causing so much misery. You don't owe him, or any of us for that matter, anything. You owe Butch nothing. You owe the media nothing.

You've lived Amityville for more than a quarter of a century while characters like Ozz simply watched it on TV. People like him don't realize that it is not something you can simply turn off when you grow tired of it.

They never had to face an entirely corrupt justice system. Most of them have never even ventured to put a flower on the DeFeo grave, let alone pray in St. Martins. Yet they know it all, right?

Rather, they know very little of what has haunted you for all of these years; what has haunted your daughters. You or your daughters have never asked for a dime; never asked to be famous. That is the one thing, above everything else, that allowed me to listen to you with my undivided attention. George Lutz, however, was a much different party to work with. For him, it was not about the truth, but about money, contracts and rights. His threatening E-mail and trademark information corroborates this.

Mike Reilly said it perfectly when he explained that the reason certain true believers are afraid to order my book is not because it is self-published, but because they are too scared to be confronted with facts that will forever destroy the hoax in their minds. Maybe that is better, though. After all, the real story is so much scarier than a giant peeping pig with glowing red eyes. So as Jack Nicholson said in "A Few Good Men," they can't handle the truth.

The Truth Will Set You Free...
:lol:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:59 pm

Hmmmm....

and Ohhhhhh

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:52 pm

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/9199
Sunday, June 24, 2007

Producer Ric Osuna is back again with more Amityville Horror goodies as he's prepping a new documentary on the history of The Amityville Murders. The new doc will include re-enactments of sequences from the infamous '74 Amityville Murders that launched the "Amityville Horror" hoax - yes, for those of you who didn't know, it was revealed to be a hoax. This will be Ric's directorial debut as he produced History's Mysteries: Amityville: The Haunting (2000) and wrote the book "The Night The Defeos Died" (2002). If anyone can bring us a in-depth doc on the infamous case it's Mr. Osuna. Watch for more details as they come in.
WHAT ?? :shock:

MuyHippie
Amityville Addict

Post by MuyHippie » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:16 pm

I wish I was a member of that site so I could comment on the statement that everything was "revealed to be a hoax". Doesn't anyone do any research anymore?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:45 pm

That is bloody disgusting...

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:58 pm

I added my two penny's worth on there.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:23 pm

I don't get it. I have literally *never* heard anyone utter anything remotely negative about Ozz until I saw the two posts Sherb quoted. Can't wait until I have time to address that.

Osuna is only too easy to dismiss with three little words: "seventh body" and "shoe." All you gotta do is bring those up to see he's got nothing.
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:17 pm

If anyone can bring us a in-depth doc on the infamous case it's Mr. Osuna.

Yeah...and HOW many "books" did he sell?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:29 pm

This will be Ric's directorial debut as he produced History's Mysteries: Amityville: The Haunting (2000)...
Didn't Ric throw a hissy-fit and walk off the job?

They make it sound like he was the only "producer," when he barely was one of 3 (or how ever many there were). In fact, didn't Ric hinder that production rather than help?

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:10 am

Dan the Damned wrote:
This will be Ric's directorial debut as he produced History's Mysteries: Amityville: The Haunting (2000)...
Didn't Ric throw a hissy-fit and walk off the job?

They make it sound like he was the only "producer," when he barely was one of 3 (or how ever many there were). In fact, didn't Ric hinder that production rather than help?
Well, from what I've seen and gathered so far, Ric's not one to let a pesky thing like the truth get in the way of his horn tooting. >>>
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:24 pm

Wanted: Gerri!
Date: 14 Jun 2007, 10:50

Subject: CASTING FOR A TRUE CRIME DOCUMENTARY...

Details: Age Range: From 20 to 30

Body:
We're going to hold auditions tomorrow in North Hollywood! We're looking for a talented actress to take part in re-enactment sequences for a cutting edge, very stylish documentary on one of America's most infamous mass murders...The DeFeo murders, which spawned the "Amityville Horror" hoax.

Geraldine, mid-20's. Italian, long, dark hair. Some musical ability would be very helpful, but not an absolute requirement. Gerri is fairly tall, thin, and very attractive. This is a tough, earthy no-nonsense gal with attitude who finds herself in love with Ronald DeFeo, Jr., whom she ultimately marries BEFORE the murders take place in Amityville in 1974. Much of our documentary is based upon testimony from Gerri DeFeo more than 30 years after the murders took place, as well as TONS of additional research and document finding that has taken us all over the country. After the murder took place, and fearing that Gerri would be wrongly implicated in the crime as an accomplice by a corrupt prosecution, Gerri and Ronald DeFeo's marriage record was destroyed by the family's mob connections. For more than 30 years, no one knew that DeFeo, who currently serves six life sentences for the crime of killing his family, was married at the time of the crime. Many of re! -enactment sequences in our film are based upon Geraldine DeFeo's recollections of the DeFeo family and the events leading up to November 13, 1974. New York/New Jersey/Long Island accent is a must.

THIS IS A NON-UNION PROJECT. APPLICANTS MUST BE NON-UNION OR SAG FI-CORE. There is pay!
...I don't know where to even begin with this one!

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:08 pm

Why would Geraldine be cast as someone in her "mid-20's" when she was almost 40 when she first met Ronnie?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:55 pm

...very stylish documentary on one of America's most infamous mass murders...The DeFeo murders, which spawned the "Amityville Horror" hoax.

...gal with attitude who finds herself in love with Ronald DeFeo, Jr., whom she ultimately marries BEFORE the murders take place in Amityville in 1974.
Why does this casting call sound more like a post from the old hoax board? Like these details matter to the actress... :?

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:02 pm

long, dark hair
Geraldine's hair was salt & pepper colored in the Sheriff's ID card.

The same card she held when she first married Ronnie in mid 80's. :?

Gerri is fairly tall, thin, and very attractive
:shock:

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:48 pm

"Katco anticipates a fall 2007 release for the project."

http://www.katcomedias.com/ShatterUpdate.html