Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:57 am

Geraldine DeFeo-Gates and Ronald DeFeo Jr. pictured together. Taken from the Polaroid recently discovered in Geraldine DeFeo's kitchen behind cabinets that were being replaced in a remodel.
Yeah, right!
In the early 1990's, Geraldine Gates, since remarried after Ronald DeFeo's incarceration, received a phone call from DeFeo stating that he had remarried. Gates, taken aback by the announcement, decided to rid herself of all personal effects, including nearly 20 years of letters, some of DeFeo's clothing, and all photos of the couple together. She carried all of the items to a giant burn-pit in the backyard of her upstate New York rural home, doused them in gasoline, and set them on fire.
:lol:
"I honestly believe Gerri, and I believe that she did that to rid herself of a troubled past," says Ryan Katzenbach, Executive Producer and Director of Shattered Hopes
Nooooooo! I thought my man Ric was directing this epic!!

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:08 pm

Yet, if a picture is truly worth 1,000 words, this one is worth 10,000 even despite its imperfections.
Why is it worth 10,000 words? What exactly is this picture supposed to prove? That Geraldine looked miserable? And was this picture taken before or after she did her own prison time? Either way, it proves nothing. We all know that Ronnie and Geraldine were together for awhile in the 80's, that's never been a questionable issue or debate. What difference does it make if it's a picture from 1983 or 1985? A couple of years off doesn't relate in the least to the late 1960's or early 70's - the point in time that Geraldine insists she was with Ronnie.
Gates, and her husband, have been engaged in an extensive remodel of their 120-year old upstate farmhouse for the past few years.
Really? Yikes, from what I've seen the only type of remodeling that could save that place would be a match.
She claimed her existence was erased from the record by the New York crime families that the DeFeos were connected to in protection of herself and Ronald DeFeo's daughter.
That quote is interesting on several levels. First of all, "her existence was erased from record"? LOL! RIGHT! That wouldn't be all that difficult to check into. ;) Secondly, I also found this part interesting " Ronald DeFeo's daughter." Hmm. Yet further down the page, underneath the photo of Geraldine and Ronnie, we read this caption " The photo is a full-body group shot of Geraldine Gates, Ronald DeFeo, Geraldine's daughter". Ah, so first it's "Ronald DeFeo's Daughter" and just a few lines later the child is "Geraldine's daughter". :roll:
The Amityville pro-haunting community has ridiculed Osuna and proclaimed Gates as a publicity hound, making up the story of her marriage to DeFeo in an effort to attain 'fifteen minutes of fame.'
Hilarious!!! Surprise guys, it's not only the Amityville pro-haunting community laughing their asses off at this ridiculous charade! No one buys into this nonsense although it's certainly amusing to say the least! Not high quality entertainment, but entertaining nonetheless.

Last but certainly not least...

She carried all of the items to a giant burn-pit in the backyard of her upstate New York rural home, doused them in gasoline, and set them on fire.
How convenient! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gee, maybe Jimmy Hoffa is in that barn in her backyard ...

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:46 pm

Yeah, its complete bullsh*t. Ryan quotes himself as saying, "We knew the photo, instantly, even before contacting an authority who could date the photo paper, was early 1980's because Gerri's daughter who is pictured in shot is well into her 40's now, and she looks barely 16 or 17 in the shot."

And yet here is a screenshot taken from Ryan's site on Nov 11, 2004:

[screenshot of Gerri and daughter removed]

So how can Stephanie go from being 13 years old in 1987 to being 16 or 17 in "the early 1980's"? If that's possible - if she is aging backwards - then not only shoud she have had her own TV series, but she should have died in the year 2000 at the age of zero! :shock:

EDIT: I removed the screen shot as I was informed that Ryan was most likely referring to another of Gerri's daughters being in the "new photo" - not necessarily Stephanie. I guess we'll find out more later...
Last edited by Dan the Damned on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:16 pm

If Geraldine Gates was married to Ronald DeFeo PRIOR to the murders ( as Ric and Ryan claim ) what is this all about?

Voluntary Statement
(Not Under Arrest)
I, Geraldine Gates, am not under arrest for, nor am I being detained for any criminal .... etc.

I am 43 years of age, and I live at Box XXXXXXXX, Rd., Deposit, New York.

About two (2) years ago I received a manilla envelope in the mail from a friend of mine, Ronald DeFeo. This envelope was sent from Sullivan Correctional Institution, a New York State Prison. Contained in the envelope were two (2) two (2) page affadavits. One of these affadavits was written out in the name of Geraldine DeFeo. The other was in the name of Richard Romondoe and was signed by Richard Romondoe. There was also a letter from Ronald DeFeo asking me to sign the affadavit as Geraldine DeFeo and to go get both of them notarized.

I wish to state at this time that I have never been married to Ronald DeFeo. I have been married to Gerald II. Gates since 1978 and prior to that I was married to Joseph Pisani since April of 1974. Joseph Pisani was from Endicott, N.Y, and we were married in Vestal, N.Y. I married Gerald Gates in Totowa, N.J.

<snipped>

The above was signed and dated by Geraldine Gates on the first of May, 1990.

As for Richard Romondoe, I would be quite curious to hear Ric and Ryan's stance on this fictional character as of today. Because, as we all know, Richard Romondoe was the alleged (later to be found as non existing) brother to Geraldine.

So, to quote from "Kat's" latest update on 'Shattered-Hopes',

"And if he's lying about that, then it clearly suggests that the couple had a relationship before the murders."

Really?

Hmm. And since Richard never existed, yet you still stick to the Geraldine crap...well, if it smells like crap and looks like crap ...well, it must come from a Deposit. :wink:

Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

FDIC?

Post by Dutchcolonial » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:32 pm

zzvampy wrote:...well, if it smells like crap and looks like crap ...well, it must come from a Deposit. :wink:
OMG Krissy, YOU OWE ME A NEW KEYBOARD! That made me blow beer outta my nose! ROFLMAO!
“From trees to boathouses, Ocean Avenue was a street of American dreams. And what happened at 112 was a suburban tragedy.” G. SULLIVAN

“I want no part of the world out there. As far as I’m concerned, out there, there is nothing but trouble, disease, animals. I want no part of the world. In here at night when we lock in, they lock us in the cells. I feel safe, that nobody is going to get me. I feel fine. I really like that…..” RJD, JR.,October 15, 1975

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:45 pm

Yes, great info!

So Ronnie states the first time he met Geraldine was in 1985. And if you use this link to look-up Geraldine Gates (DIN 80G0222), you'll see that Geraldine was in prison from October 1980 to September 1983. Proving she couldn't possibly have met Ronnie before Sept 14, 1983...

leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Post by leathermonkey » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:59 pm

These guys are not going to give up on the Geraldine thing are they? :roll:

Ryan and Ric don't seem to understand that she has been proven to be a fraud already! Case closed.

Victor Fries
Heart of Ice

Post by Victor Fries » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:36 am

So, from what I can see, it appears Ric Osuna and his erstwhile buddy Ryan are set to make the Amityville equivalent of Alien Autopsy? All based on the testimony of a convicted liar and thief? In the spirit of good karma I was wish them well. But it seems they have both become what they always accused the Lutzs of being. Profiteers seeking to reap some financial gain on the grave of six lost souls. The haunting is now in the crapper so let's fill the coffers standing on the backs of six dead people. That is one of the true Horrors of Amityville.
[color=blue]Think of it...To never again walk on a warm summers day and feel a hot wind on your face. Oh, yes...I'd kill for that.[/color]

[img]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa128/zombie_carnage/frezgif.gif[/img]

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:09 am

Victor Fries wrote:So, from what I can see, it appears Ric Osuna and his erstwhile buddy Ryan are set to make the Amityville equivalent of Alien Autopsy?
Lol, I think you've pretty much nailed it there...

Gerri's Burn-Pit
Amityville Member

Post by Gerri's Burn-Pit » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:53 am

If only you could have seen what I have seen...

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:31 pm

In the early 1990's, Geraldine Gates, since remarried after Ronald DeFeo's incarceration, received a phone call from DeFeo stating that he had remarried. Gates, taken aback by the announcement, decided to rid herself of all personal effects, including nearly 20 years of letters, some of DeFeo's clothing, and all photos of the couple together. She carried all of the itemsto a giant burn-pit in the backyard of her upstate New York rural home, doused them in gasoline, and set them on fire.
I wonder how this letter survived the burn-pit...

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/refere ... etter.html

...maybe because it was actually dated 1992 and NOT 1982...and someone later changed the date?

:roll:

dnddad324
Tedbot is my Canadian beer whore

Post by dnddad324 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:40 pm

msmart112 wrote:
In the early 1990's, Geraldine Gates, since remarried after Ronald DeFeo's incarceration, received a phone call from DeFeo stating that he had remarried. Gates, taken aback by the announcement, decided to rid herself of all personal effects, including nearly 20 years of letters, some of DeFeo's clothing, and all photos of the couple together. She carried all of the itemsto a giant burn-pit in the backyard of her upstate New York rural home, doused them in gasoline, and set them on fire.
I wonder how this letter survived the burn-pit...

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/refere ... etter.html

...maybe because it was actually dated 1992 and NOT 1982...and someone later changed the date?

Good point, Max!!!

Also, if you note the envelope that accompanies that letter, pay attention to the stamp that's on it. It's a 29 cent stamp which was not made until February 3, 1991.

USPS Postage History
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/dnddad324.jpg[/img]

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:42 pm

Exactly, Mark.

And although Ric has this stated...
THE 1982 LETTER DID NOT ORIGINATE FROM THE ENVELOPE BELOW.
So what is the purpose of showing the envelope? :roll:

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:45 pm

At first...Ric didn't have that disclaimer on there.

It was only after Scottie G made the point about the stamp on the old AT that Ric added the disclaimer.

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:47 pm

That as well as the blatant change from the "9" to the "8".

dnddad324

Post by dnddad324 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:49 pm

Does anyone know when Butch left Eastern New York Correctional Facility???

dnddad324

Post by dnddad324 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:55 pm

Or when he arrived at Eastern New York Correctional Facility??

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:55 pm

dnddad324 wrote:Does anyone know when Butch left Eastern New York Correctional Facility???
I'll have to look for an exact date...but it was definitely between April of 1992 and April of 1994.

dnddad324

Post by dnddad324 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:07 pm

According to a letter dated July 1987, Butch was in Sullivan Correctional Facility in Fallsburg. This would leave one to assume that he did arrive at Eastern New York Correctional Facility until some time after 1987, which would coincide with the 1991 stamp that accompanies the letter on Ric's site.

dnddad324

Post by dnddad324 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:08 pm

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:14 pm

dnddad324 wrote:According to a letter dated July 1987, Butch was in Sullivan Correctional Facility in Fallsburg. This would leave one to assume that he did arrive at Eastern New York Correctional Facility until some time after 1987, which would coincide with the 1991 stamp that accompanies the letter on Ric's site.
dnddad324 wrote:Afore mentioned letter
:wink: