Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
kblur77
Amityville Addict

Re: Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

Post by kblur77 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:02 pm

scipio-USMC wrote:Looks like the Beneath the Sea presentation was a flop no news coverage of it and not even any internet interest generated.
Maybe Diver could tell us about it? Maybe it took a dive...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed May 13, 2015 3:29 pm

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS Part III wrote:.....the 2-disc DVD is going to hit, folks, the week of July 1, 2015, barring no production delays of the DVD's. And with that, the Shattered series will be complete!
All finished 6 weeks from now..? Yeah, we'll see ;)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:41 pm

Another in our occasional series of "people who over-react to criticism, just like Katzenbach"

Take a bow, Dylan Saccoccio...
Dylan Saccoccio wrote:Sorry that my book evoked such a horrible response. May I ask how you discovered it? I'm an indie author. I work over 100 hours a week to get my books to succeed so that I don't have to be a slave anymore. This review is not good for my business, so unless your desire is to ruin my dreams, it would mean a great deal if you could remove this review from my work and forget about it. But if it's your desire to hurt me financially and ruin my business, then it's understandable why you would post such a harmful review.
Dylan Saccoccio wrote:Leaving a 1 star review on a book says much more about what kind of person does such a thing, and then attacks it for being "pretentious," which is an erroneous statement that is defamation at best.
Dylan Saccoccio wrote:Do you have empathy? Do you know what it's like to make something for a living? Are you human? Or do you just look at other people like they're automatons that you can slander as though your actions don't manifest consequences?
Dylan Saccoccio wrote:The only thing I'm concerned about is how people that don't my book even find it. It's not being advertised other than social media. For all the people that observe this exchange, when you leave a negative review on someone's work, you are potentially driving away a person that could have had their life changed for the better by that work. For someone to leave such a toxic review on a book that contains so much gnosis, that people had to die in order to learn in the past, is an utter disgrace to the human condition.
http://archive.is/rFgtE#selection-1117.0-1117.521

dude should hire Katzenbach, the lawyer.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:07 pm

Ha, looks like Dylan deleted his profile and all his posts have vanished.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jody-th ... 47738.html

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:09 pm

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:IT'S OFFICIAL: The 2-hour Shattered adaptation "High Hopes: The Amityville Horror Murders" will be hitting European airwaves soon. Stay tuned for more details and broadcast dates...
You're in luck Sherb...please let us know what you think. ;)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:39 am

Cool! Please don't spoil the twist at the end. Like it turns out Ronnie acted alone or something!

TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Post by TigresMeow » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:00 am

And Sherb, since you will get to see it before the rest of us, don't spoil it for us either. ;) I really would hate to think that the ending was something we knew all along. . .
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:44 am

I'm gonna say something nice about Shattered Hopes...

Here goes...

*deep breath*

I like the house model, it looked great. Although those famous eye windows were far too big. The oversized ones worked great in the first three movies but look kinda wrong on a model of the real house.

That's the only nice thing I have to say about this crap. :D

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:12 pm

^^^love it, Bodie Rose^^

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:21 pm

BooshaGirl wrote:^^^love it, Bodie Rose^^
:D

A friend of mine supplied this awesome quote on Shattered Hopes when we were discussing the model:

"Yeah the house model is incredible, but then you watch the film itself... and quickly realize that the only thing you'll find dripping down it's walls is pure bull****!"

I laughed so hard!

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:15 am

Ha! Thanks....I just laughed so hard I think my tampon shot across room.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:00 pm

Normal service resumed at Katco Towers:

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS
22 June at 09:02 ·
DVDs almost ready to ship. As we get ready to launch, we thought we'd share the Chapter List....here's the ground we cover!

Mario
8 July at 03:13
Annnnnnnd, it's July.

Michelle
9 July at 19:12
when is the defeo interview dvd coming out id like to purchase it please let me know

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:40 pm

That is too funny! and so typical. Maybe they mean't the date is June 2016?

kudzu
Amityville Addict

Post by kudzu » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:57 am

Agreed! Sad that a low budget mess like SH was able to get the house so right and Hollywood couldn't (or just didn't want to).

Bodie_Rose wrote:I'm gonna say something nice about Shattered Hopes...

Here goes...

*deep breath*

I like the house model, it looked great. Although those famous eye windows were far too big. The oversized ones worked great in the first three movies but look kinda wrong on a model of the real house.

That's the only nice thing I have to say about this crap. :D

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Michelle
is this defeo interview dvd ever going to be released its taking forever to get one and am anxious to see it

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS
There's been a switch-over from Amityville Holdings to a new distribution plan, so the change has delayed the release. But, we anticipate news any day and instant availability of DVD's

:think: I wonder who thought distributing this would be a good idea?

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:07 pm

I'm confused. I haven't been following the latest on shattered hopes for a while now so have no idea what's going on anymore or what parts have or haven't been released after part II.

Last I heard they were thinking of spliting part III into two CDs (technically creating a fourth part) but did this ever happen? Also do the two interview DVDs count as part of the shattered hopes series or are they spin-offs?
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:15 am

Ok... Yeah, Part III became so unwieldy it was split into two discs - with the first half available for streaming - but when it arrives, both parts will form "Part III".

Nothing has been released since Part II, but the Ronnie interview disc is immanent. Ryan is meant to be putting the final touches to it (it's out before Part III) but has gone silent, except to say another company have expressed an interest in releasing it, causing the delay.

Traditionally, this is when Ryan fires off another lawsuit, right when he's about to release a disc. He moans about all the legal DVD "paperwork" he has to file, goes silent, then emerges with an epic suit.

It's like an extreme form of procrastination - F*ck all this paperwork, I'm gonna sue somebody!

TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Post by TigresMeow » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:56 am

When SH was first talked about, I was kind of interested in seeing it. Once I saw Part I (thanks Kathy!), I was not impressed. I basically lost interest in the remainder of the series because somehow I just knew RK wasn't going to give us anything new in the way of evidence or anything else. To think that the whole series isn't available on DVD or streaming is absurd. It seems like it's been 10 years in the making and people are still waiting on the release of the last part and I see a lot of excuses as to why it hasn't been released. Totally unprofessional IMO.
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:49 am

You are welcome! :)

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:27 pm

looks like your boy has fallen off radar?

https://www.facebook.com/ShatteredHopesAmityville

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Yep, slow month at Shat Towers..

David
3 August at 19:45
So it has been over a month what's going on?

Michelle
13 August at 18:31
is the defeo interview dvd available yet still waiting to purchase it

Daniel
20 August at 11:09
any news on part three.?