Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Re: Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

Post by PeterPisani » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:50 am

I see Ryan, like others in my life stays true to form. I am still waiting for a bloodtest from 07 or 08.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:10 pm

Almost a decade into production, and FINALLY the fans begin to crack...
Nicolai
DO ME A FAVOR AND DONT WORRY ABOUT SENDING ME A LINK FOR THE VIP MAILING....

THIS WHOLE PROJECT HAS TURNED INTO NOTHING BUT A BOTCH JOB. ITS BY FAR THE WORST EXECUTION OR STRATEGY I HAVE EVER SEEN.

I'M SORRY BUT ITS JUST NOT RIGHT... PERHAPS THE PARTNERS IN THIS PROJECT SHOULD'VE BEEN RELEASED A WHILE BACK..

I'M DONE.....

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS
Not a problem, Nicolai. We will be removing you from the list. Can you identify the name you ordered under?

Heather
I agree, I would love the see Part 3 of this fully, but I'm tired of false promises on release dates going a year or longer back before this 75A project ever came to pass. It's funny how it's all good and ready in completion to air on cable TV, yet it's not ready for release to your fan base who have been on standby waiting for the finale on this documentary. Makes you wonder which matters more, the original plan on this to get the truth out and fans to this happy or the money in the pocket? Very sad to see it come to this.

Traci
I've had enough of this also. Ryan a while back I specifically asked you if you felt you should give the fans an apology for leaving everyone's questions unanswered for so long. Your only response is your sorry I feel this way? Really Ryan?.......Doesn't any of this get through to you why people are so frustrated with you?!!!!!!!. I done with this also

Goodbye Traci. Nobody is making you stay here, or commanding you to order a DVD....

Frank
Dont foget mey VIP email Ryan Im still with you

As I have said...this past week has been full of technical issues...I just don't understand such aggressiveness.

Kenneth
Ryan I remember seeing Traci asking that question a while back so you need to explain that one to me. You were absent for two months when fans where asking questions and NOT getting no responses. You dont feel an apology is warranted?

Nicolai
How many times have release dates been pushed back? This is getting old.

Diane
I'm still here!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:50 pm

Thank GOD that Diane is still there. lol

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:12 pm

Yeah, good old Diane! As for the others, I just don't understand all their aggressiveness!

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:00 am

yeah, much like yours
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:26 am

Why so aggressive, Jimmy?

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:42 pm

aggressive? i'm not slinging any stuff at anyone. katzenbach does have some issues, obviously. the feuds between the Gates family (and others) on here are very aggrressive.
FIRE THAT THING UP!

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:54 pm

Katzenbach took all his stuff down about the release and the whining. i tried telling my buddy k. sykes on fb but he just dont get it? you think people would learn after a year?
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:41 pm

That thread had just gotten way too aggressive to be left up. Ryan had to take it down. All the aggressiveness has probably put another 3 month hold on the project's release...
SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote: Appreciate the support, Diane, Frank and others.

The low down on the problem is EXACTLY THIS: The Shattered website was done in a web design application called Dreamweaver years ago -- the program is no longer supported, and after numerous system upgrades to keep pace with editing software demands, we found that we could no longer work in Dreamweaver at all. The new Shattered website is designed in a new Abode platform; we are having a hell of a time getting the interface with PayPal to work properly -- even the initial links we sent out are NOT working. We are trying to get the problem resolved, while at the same time launching a brand new Shattered website with more links, pages, etc.,. It's been a frustrating experience and we're working on getting it resolved ASAP.
In other words, "I can't figure out this new software, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay someone to help me with my website..." :breakdance:

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:31 pm

sure hope it doesn't cut in to his dvd sales when he does start selling them! my buddy k. sykes (no longer a ryan fan) told me today that ryan banned him and all the others that were being "aggressive" off his fb page.

I told you and others in here not to pre-order them.
FIRE THAT THING UP!

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:25 am

jimmysmokes wrote:sure hope it doesn't cut in to his dvd sales when he does start selling them! my buddy k. sykes (no longer a ryan fan) told me today that ryan banned him and all the others that were being "aggressive" off his fb page.

I told you and others in here not to pre-order them.

Well, If you noticed, he never let me talk on his page, yet posted my whole lawsuit. (That he lost)

He is a schill, charlatan, and fraud, who lies for profit.

Go figure that when people call him out, he takes his ball and goes home.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:35 pm

Ryan now haunting the My Amityville Page!

https://www.facebook.com/amityvillemovi ... 7260756051

Beetsie
Amityville Addict

Post by Beetsie » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:50 pm

The page REPOSTED copyrighted material . The owner of the intellectual property asked that it be removed , which is his right and by law they have to do so . They may not have control over the original post , but they DO have control over their own page .

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:48 pm

Beetsie wrote:The page REPOSTED copyrighted material . The owner of the intellectual property asked that it be removed , which is his right and by law they have to do so . They may not have control over the original post , but they DO have control over their own page .

Ryan has been illegally using my image for YEARS to sell movies. BOO HOO. Crazy Bird!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Shattered Hopes...

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:42 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, this thread is 10-years old today!
t00nCiNaToR wrote:No Ric... No please, don't do it... Say it isn't so Ric.... NOOOooooo!!!

Now that I got that out, I can't believe someone is gonna actually put his lies on film(In 2006)... All the power to him but... I hope they sell it as "Very loosley" based on a True Story. And not the "True Events" of that night in November... Damn him!! I still wanna see it though... heh heh.

From Ric's site, looks like George will have some more suing to do... ;)

For Immediate Release

Katco Media and The Amityville Murders? Further the True Story in 2006

Las Vegas, NV (October 30, 2005 ) ? Autumn 2006 promises to be an exciting season with the revisiting of America's most infamous, alleged haunted house. Katco Media Publisher Ryan Katzenbach explained, "Next fall, Katco Media will release a 90-minute exploration of the tragedy that befell the DeFeo family in November 1974. The untitled documentary project is based on Ric Osuna's The Night The DeFeos Died*, and will mark the company's debut to the world of multimedia and film entertainment."

The project will incorporate on-screen interviews with author Ric Osuna, whose five-year research endeavor resulted in his true-crime book, which continues to sell today. The documentary will incorporate not only on-camera interviews with various eyewitnesses, including Geraldine DeFeo, but it will also incorporate archive footage, crime-scene photos and re-enactments of the murders and Ronald DeFeo's subsequent trial. While interviews will begin taping in November, the reenactments will likely be shot throughout winter and early spring in California and New York.

Katco Media and Ryan Katzenbach plan to take the Amityville story one-step further. In February 2006, Katco Media will release The Amityville Courthouse that will expose nearly 30 years of legends, lies, and litigation centered on the alleged haunting of the "Amityville Horror" house. The book is being developed in-house by Katco Media.

"The book will take a historical look at the various lawsuits filed through the years," Katzenbach said, "as the Amityville players fought to maintain control---and money---by perpetuating a hoax upon the public."

Also in 2006, Ric Osuna will be publishing The Amityville Murders? in paperbook format through Noble Kai Media. More details on this project will appear at http://www.amityville98ders.com over the coming weeks.
2006 wasn't quite as exciting as Katco hoped... maybe 2016 make up or that.

Will we still get Amityville Courthouse? Up-to-date to include Katzenbach VS Peter Pisasni?

Anyway, Shattered Hopes and proved to be the gift that keeps on giving. So let's raise a glass to...

10 YEARS OF SHAT

:beer:
:birthday:
:puke:

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:24 am

https://www.facebook.com/ShatteredHopes ... =3&theater

Here ya go. Ask Ryan for a full copy!

Beetsie
Amityville Addict

Post by Beetsie » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:44 am

PeterPisani wrote:
Beetsie wrote:The page REPOSTED copyrighted material . The owner of the intellectual property asked that it be removed , which is his right and by law they have to do so . They may not have control over the original post , but they DO have control over their own page .

Ryan has been illegally using my image for YEARS to sell movies. BOO HOO. Crazy Bird!
What image is that Peter ? Your Image is not in the Docudrama . It is not in the book . Not only that . If your mother allowed him to use a photo that had your image in it , there is nothing you can do . It is HER property to do so as she pleases . At that point once a picture is public .. or in another s possession it can be used . YOUR image is NOT copyrighted Peter , that photo being used is .. get over yourself .

Exsecratio
Amityville Member

Post by Exsecratio » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:57 pm

Beetsie wrote:
PeterPisani wrote:
Beetsie wrote: It is HER property to do so as she pleases . At that point once a picture is public .. or in another s possession it can be used . YOUR image is NOT copyrighted Peter , that photo being used is .. get over yourself .
Not strictly true Beetsie, The Lanham Act governs federal protection of personality rights, and the doctrine has much in common with the laws defining federal protection of trademarks.In fact, an individual’s identity could be considered their personal “mark”, the misappropriation of which is sufficient to constitute infringement. In addition, both trademark and publicity rights appear to be designed somewhat to combat infringement for the sake of consumers, granting a cause of action for false descriptions, false representations, and false endorsement claims. Just as there is a cause of action for implying a certain brand sponsors a product when it really does not, there is a cause an action if a celebrity’s identity is used to imply endorsement for a product they are not, in actuality, affiliated with.

It's akin to me taking a picture of Say, one of the admins here then using it for commercial purpose, I may well own the physical print but what I don't own is that persons likeness for purposes of commercial gain or promotion.

It is however something that is decided by a court as the statutes do vary state by state.

cheers

Dave

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Beetsie wrote:
PeterPisani wrote:

What image is that Peter ? Your Image is not in the Docudrama . It is not in the book . Not only that . If your mother allowed him to use a photo that had your image in it , there is nothing you can do . It is HER property to do so as she pleases . At that point once a picture is public .. or in another s possession it can be used . YOUR image is NOT copyrighted Peter , that photo being used is .. get over yourself .

You really dont read a thing. The first sentence and off to the races. This one. he is using my image, to sell movies, that I told him not to do. (Posted that email too)

http://www.amityvillefilm.com/FamilyTies.html http://www.amityvillefilm.com/images/CummingsAve.jpg http://www.amityvillefilm.com/images/KMicon.jpg

My image can not be used for profit without consent. I own my image. Wasnt that the argument you used against ? Pretty sure it was. My image, without consent, is used under KATCO MEDIA. So shut up with your nonsense.

Can You Sue If Your Photo Is Used Without Your Permission?
By Daniel Taylor, Esq. on July 7, 2014 9:31 AM
Opening up a magazine or surfing the Web and unexpectedly seeing a picture yourself can certainly be surprising. And although some may be flattered by the extra exposure, some may be a little bit less than thrilled.

Actress Jennifer Love Hewitt was certainly not amused when she discovered a company called Slim Spray had been using a photo of her holding their product to promote its line of weight loss sprays without her permission. She's now taking the company to court.

So if you come across a photo of yourself being used in a way that you didn't agree to, what can you do about it? Here are three possible legal routes you may be able to take:

Appropriation of likeness. In Jennifer Love Hewitt's case, she brought suit alleging an invasion of privacy by appropriation of her likeness. Also known as the right to publicity, laws about the appropriation of likeness prohibit using another's image to advertise or sell products without that person's consent. Along with the common law right to publicity, some states also have their own statutory right to publicity.
False light. If the photo is being used to portray you in a misleading or unflattering way, you may have a lawsuit for false light. For example, a Georgia teen whose Facebook bikini photo was used without her permission by a school administrator at a seminar about the dangers of social media brought suit for false light against thedistrict. In a false light suit, the plaintiff typically must prove that an image was shown to a third party with reckless disregard of placing the plaintiff in a false light that would be highly offensive or embarrassing to a reasonable person.
Intrusion of solitude. If the photo in question was taken somewhere other than a public setting, you may have a case for intrusion of solitude. As you may recall, TV sports reporter Erin Andrews sued for intrusion of solitude after a man took video of her through a peephole into her hotel room and posted the video online. Unlike other invasion of privacy torts such as false light and appropriation of likeness, the images don't even need to be made public; the taking of the pictures in the first place is sufficient to violate the law.
To learn more about potential legal recourse for the unauthorized use of your image, check out FindLaw's page on Invasion of Privacy.

Injured? Exercise your legal rights. Get in touch with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney in your area today.
Related Resources:

Disabled Girl's Pic Used Without Permission: $5M Suit (FindLaw's Injured)
Unwanted Facebook Photo: Invasion of Privacy? (FindLaw's Injured)
Katherine Heigl Sues Duane Reade Over Twitter, Facebook Pics (FindLaw's Celebrity Justice)
5 Ways Instagram Can Lead to Legal Trouble (FindLaw's Law and Daily Life)

Enjoy this post? Find it helpful? Let us know by sharing it with your friends...
Tags: Erin Andrews, Facebook, false light, intrusion of solitude, invasion of privacy, Jennifer Love Hewitt, permission, photo

11/17/2015

So, I was older than 18 when I asked to not use my image. It doesnt matter who OWNES the pic. It is MY LIKENESS and INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, BEING USED TO MAKE PROFIT, WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. Dumbass.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:34 pm

PeterPisani wrote:https://www.facebook.com/ShatteredHopes ... =3&theater

Here ya go. Ask Ryan for a full copy!
I would but he banned me. must be really pissed, he never does that to anyone.
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Beetsie
Amityville Addict

Post by Beetsie » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Peter , seriously . He is using YOUR IMAGE to sell movies ? Good GOD man GET OVER YOURSELF . LOL . Where the hell is your image in the movie . Not only that you appear on no promotional or marketing material . Lets see what he has used ? Post a still of your image he used .