Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:46 pm

Yawn.

These two clowns have entirely too many irons in the fire but just cannot seem to get the actual fire to light.

From last fall:
"Amityville Courthouse" is a play on the title of one of the many Amityville sequel movies, "The Amityville Dollhouse." The book will take a historical look at the various lawsuits filed through the years as the Amityville players fought to maintain control---and money---by perpetuating a hoax upon the public. From the Lutz v. Weber lawsuit to George Lutz's decade long litigation against filmmaker Dino De Laurentis, it becomes evident that the stories behind the Amityville case were not told to explore supernatural phenomenon or to reveal the reasons for the DeFeo crime. The fabrication of a lucrative franchise was the goal, and it was executed with stellar results. Katzenbach, Osuna and Gates found themselves entrenched in something they had no idea that they would encounter...but they were determined to fight their way free of.

The book is being completed in such a manner that anyone can digest the legal lingo and easily understand the chronology of what happened and some of the current cases that are ongoing. All the while, the book is narrated in a casual, easy and interesting style that promises to keep the casual reader gripped, while at the same time shining light on the real facts for those die-hard Amityville enthusiasts.

"The Amityville Courthouse" will be released the second week of February 2006.

http://www.katcomedias.com/AmityvilleProjects-News.html

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:22 pm

I wonder why so many of those links no longer exist? Lack of professionalism? BTW someone should inform them ... there is no such word as "unrefutable." It's "irrefutable," but who could expect third-rate hacks to know the difference? Illiterate gits ...

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:58 pm

Due to a freak wormhole time warp, the second week of February 2006 won't actually exist until October of 2009. So they are still on schedule.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:56 am

Dan its obvious you have a grasp on non linear time...can you predict when your phone will ring next?:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

tedbot
not the face!

Post by tedbot » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:07 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Due to a freak wormhole time warp, the second week of February 2006 won't actually exist until October of 2009. So they are still on schedule.
Freaken wormholes! Always messing :) flower :) up!

*hee hee...I snuck a bad word on here...*
Are you looking at me?

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:22 am

Earthbound
Angel in Chains

Post by Earthbound » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:25 pm

The evidence, however, is unrefutable.
Unrefutable? I mean the link didn't work for me but does a legitimate undertaking actually use that? That's not even a word! Should've been irrefutable

Sorry. Guess I'm being picky.

Earthbound
Stolen.
Cast out with no thought.
One moment there,
the space of a breath,
and then gone;
completely, irreversably.
Gone.
A shooting star
blazing too brief
across the night sky.
So precious, that spark;
A blinding light
in the deep well
of soul.
Farewell.

Earthbound
Angel in Chains

Post by Earthbound » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:29 pm

radiomixer wrote:I wonder why so many of those links no longer exist? Lack of professionalism? BTW someone should inform them ... there is no such word as "unrefutable." It's "irrefutable," but who could expect third-rate hacks to know the difference? Illiterate gits ...
Heh :) Seems I should have read further in the thread before posting, but, agreed, radiomixer.
Stolen.
Cast out with no thought.
One moment there,
the space of a breath,
and then gone;
completely, irreversably.
Gone.
A shooting star
blazing too brief
across the night sky.
So precious, that spark;
A blinding light
in the deep well
of soul.
Farewell.

COUNTRY HAM
Amityville Addict

What ever happened to Shattered Hopes?

Post by COUNTRY HAM » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:28 pm

Please pardon any spelling errors that i may have on this, but What did happen to the "Shattered Hopes" Documentary?
I thought it was suppose to come out in November?
Just wondering?
COUNTRY HAM
"HOT DAMN! I'm a COUNTRY HAM!"

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:04 pm

Hello ham!

That is a GREAT question!

http://www.shattered-hopes.com

Yet, on Oct. 22nd as reported on the Katco website:
"Shattered" will present accurate depiction of DeFeo house in 1974 murders

POSTED OCT. 22 -LOS ANGELES, CA - Katco Media's production of "Shattered Hopes: The True Story of the Amityville Murders," a documentary based on author Ric Osuna's "The Night The DeFeos Died" is progressing along.
Above, Ryan Katzenbach who penned the screenplay for the documentary in addition to executive producing the 4-hour 2-part piece, holds the infamous "High Hopes" sign that will be used in the November shoot of the exterior of the DeFeo home.
"I do believe this is the first time the DeFeo house, circa 1974 has ever been presented accurately on the screen," said Katzenbach. "The original 'Amityville Horror' presented it's version, Michael Bay's 2005 remake presented another, and for the first time, we're actually going to show an audience what the house really looked like." Katco is recreating the house, says Katzenbach, in precise detail for the exterior shoot. "We've scaled the facade to the full size of the DeFeo house. At it's peak, it's nearly thirty feet tall. Our feeling, Ric and I, was that if we were going to tell the story, we needed to go further than anyone else had. We feel that making the house a central character is crucial to the project. After all, the house is what everyone wants to see."
"Shattered" was originally slated for a release in the fall of 2006. "Due to our very rigorous attention to detail, not to mention the interviews we've conducted, lots of new research that has taken place, and all the filming that's taken place, Ric and I agreed that the best plan of attack was to let the documentary be done when it's truly done," said Katzenbach. "This means that when we're happy with it,we'll present it to the public.
The documentary will likely not be released until the late fall of 2007, says Katco.

Apparently Shattered-Hopes is still...well, hoping!

Eric Walter
Independent Artist

Post by Eric Walter » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:00 am

Wow, thanks for that pic.
"All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare." - Baruch Spinoza

TIA
Amityville Addict

Post by TIA » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:32 am

I'm thinking this may never actually be done.
[size=75][i][color=violet]Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.[/color] [/i][/size]
[img]http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif[/img]

Shagedellic
Mr. Argumentative

Post by Shagedellic » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:26 pm

TIA wrote:I'm thinking this may never actually be done.
I'm thinking that you might be right! :lol:

leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Post by leathermonkey » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:31 pm

Thats looking more and more like a one man operation all the time.... well, unless you include Ric... lol I'm sure they are working hard on it, in between games of Call of Duty 2...
Mabye they should do a documentary on all of these peeps murdering each other over playstation 3's :lol:

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:30 pm

in between games of Call of Duty 2...
:lol:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:53 pm

may 2006 • josh bower in a production meeting preparing for the next day's shoot on the set of "shattered hopes: the true story of the amityville murders." bower plays prosecuting attorney gerard sullivan, the young new york deputy district attorney hell-bent on convicting ronald defeo, jr. at all costs. josh's trial sequence wrapped filming in may 2006. [photo courtesy of katcomedia] Below, josh takes blocking instructions from "shattered" director ric osuna on handling the rifle during the trial sequence.
http://www.joshbower.com/

:roll:

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:25 pm

I can't wait to see this movie!!! Where is MST3000 when you need them?!?

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:55 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
may 2006 • josh bower in a production meeting preparing for the next day's shoot on the set of "shattered hopes: the true story of the amityville murders." bower plays prosecuting attorney gerard sullivan, the young new york deputy district attorney hell-bent on convicting ronald defeo, jr. at all costs. josh's trial sequence wrapped filming in may 2006. [photo courtesy of katcomedia] Below, josh takes blocking instructions from "shattered" director ric osuna on handling the rifle during the trial sequence.
http://www.joshbower.com/

:roll:
Great find Sherb!

It's amazing how much work Ric and Ry are putting into this doc when it's all based on BS.
Dan the Damned wrote:I can't wait to see this movie!!!
Neither can I, Dan...neither can I! :twisted:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:54 am

Josh will be in a staged reading of Ryan Katzenbach’s new comedic screenplay “Back of Book” at Garry Marshall’s famed Falcon Theatre in Hollywood. He’ll be playing the lead role as Shawn, the General Manager of a car dealership who’s life is turned upside-down in the course of one day.
At least Ryan has put his days as a "used-car salesman" to good use! :P

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:39 am

Look like Ric better get ready to be sued again. I can't see some of the people that are still alive (like the Judge, or detectives for example) taking this laying down. :lol:
Last edited by Amityville Rock on Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:42 am

I can't wait to see Ric defending himself in court. The fraud Mrs. Gates/Defeo and the estranged compulsive liar and convicted multiple murder Ronnie Defeo, being named as his main sources of "information".
Special Guest Star

est. 1999