A&E DeFeo documentary - First Person Killers

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Postby GoonieNick » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:14 am

Dan the Damned wrote:There's an episode of "Killing Mum and Dad" about a case in 1985 (where a guy in the UK killed his parents, sister and two young nephews). In describing the killer's psyche, a lady notes that part of dealing with the great guilt of your crimes is to adamantly declare how you are innocent -- and over time you start to believe it yourself.

I think that's the boat Ronnie finds himself in.

While I would love to see the Amityville episode, I wouldn't mind catching any of these. The series looks interesting but unfortunately they are impossible to find here in the U.S :?

Cheers
GoonieNick
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:32 am

Haunted San Diego Blog review:

http://hauntedsandiego.com/wp/?p=3163
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: A&E DeFeo documentary - First Person Killers

Postby Jacobmarley1 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:10 pm

How does Ronnie expect to be released when he knows the parole board would have seen this? How can he change his story at one parole board, do this TV special (with different stories), then go to another parole meeting with yet another version of events?

The problem with Ronald DeFeo (aside from the obvious problem of being nuts) is that he lacks dignity. Dignity for himself, and for his victims. He may have hated his father and disliked Dawn, and he may have been disappointed with his mother, but I believe he didn't hate his younger brothers and sister. The cat lacks integrity, he lacks class and decorum, and he lacks any chance of parole.

But one thing I'm curious about - how come he only implicates Dawn as his accomplice? How come no one else? He can say whatever he wants now, since Bobby Kelske is dead. The courts did acknowledge that the father was probably not in bed when he died (it's alluded to in both Gerald Sullivan's book and in the trial transcripts), and since Ronald wasn't strong enough to heft the man up by himself and place him back in bed, someone else must have helped him. But who? Ronnie has nothing, absolutely nothing to lose by implicating someone other than Dawn by this point. So, what holds him back? The TV special was many years ago now - 2006 - and at each parole hearing, Ronald implicates only Dawn as his accomplice.
Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:42 pm

Jacobmarley1 wrote:The courts did acknowledge that the father was probably not in bed when he died (it's alluded to in both Gerald Sullivan's book and in the trial transcripts)...

Well, that's not totally accurate. Yes, Sullivan alluded that this might be the case in his opening statement, but nothing was ever officially "acknowledged" or proven. Nothing ever went beyond assumptions to that.

And the physical evidence seems to show the father was shot in bed, just like all the others.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby NOVEMBER 13 1974 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:10 pm

I have this on dvd, but I dont see anywhere to post it. Am I able to post video files here?
NOVEMBER 13 1974
Amityville Member

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:28 pm

No, not unless you post them to Youtube first (or Facebook Video / Google Video)
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Rogue Guyver » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:22 pm

This is an interesting documentary.
I do wonder if Ronnie is on some opiates as his speech pattern seems strange at times.
The Doctor is definitely intrigued by his own voice. A worth watching program.
Rogue Guyver
Amityville Member

Postby Rokiisun » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:00 pm

I cannot recall if I have seen this documentary. I may be getting mixed up with a documentary called, 'Killing mum and dad' which I think did an episode on Defeo about ten years ago which I have definetely not seen.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby horsysauce » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:43 pm

I just checked this out on youtube and it was pretty good!
horsysauce
Amityville Member

Previous

Return to DeFeo Discussion