Amityville Addict

Post by COUNTRY HAM » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:07 am

Yeah that was an odd documentary.
"HOT DAMN! I'm a COUNTRY HAM!"

Littlelukey
These Things Have Always Puzzled Me

Post by Littlelukey » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:26 pm

t00nCiNaToR? wrote:
Littlelukey wrote:Ronald does NOT have Hep C..........
Who are you his Doctor or are you again listening to what Tracey is telling you, that guy has alot more wrong with him than a Hep-C, I give him a year, two at the most. He's turning into a Rambling old fool that nobody will pay any attention too, I think he should just stay in his Cell and keep his mouth shut so he can die with the 1.3 grams of dignity he has left.

Since you're good friends with Tracey do you know if she was actually filmed for that show? They probably just edited all her clips out cause she's rambling the same Ramblings as old Butchie and there was no need to say the same things over and over again by two different people. Oh well, I'm glad it's over, but if he looked that bad last year, he might resemble an extra from Return Of the Living dead this year... "Braaaaaains I neeeeeeed a Braaaaaaaain!!!" heh heh poor poor Butchie, the end is comming soon old timer.

***EDIT***

HAHAHAHA I read those Emails that were going back and forth, what the hell is that? Is it supposed to be some kind of sick and twisted love triangle or what? What is wrong with these people? I think they should all go on the Dr. Phil show and get themselves sorted out, they're all nutts!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm his doctor....

***EDIT***** Image

TIA
Amityville Addict

Post by TIA » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:48 am

My thoughts on the A&E documentary:

I'll do this in a few posts, 'cause I don't want to post a great long essay, and it will benefit my post count!

RDJ - "How could one person go through the house and kill six people the way they think they were killed?"

His story is so much more absurd coming from his own lips.
He suggests it's impossible for one person to have killed his family. But his current story actually doesn't make a difference to this. The problems put forward for his killing them (why didn't they run away? why didn't they struggle?) don't go away if Dawn is murdering the children in his absence.

I think the most plausible answer as to why they didn't struggle or run away is the one put forward in this programme: fear.

If you're told at gunpoint to stay where you are, you may obey the gunman to try and increase your chance of survival. And other than fight or flight, a response to extreme fear is to freeze. It doesn't seem surprising to me that no matter what his siblings thought was happening, they stayed where they were. And in the case of the siblings on the same floor as the parents, from the accounts he's given when he has admitted murdering them, I doubt they had time to react very much. Dawn may have pretended to sleep.

The idea that the murders are not possible unless Dawn (or anyone else) was involved makes no sense given his current story.

Last edited by TIA on Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][i][color=violet]Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.[/color] [/i][/size]
[img]http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif[/img]

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:07 am

TIA wrote:RDJ - "How could one person go through the house and kill six people the way they think they were killed?"
I like the ways he's talking in third person here, as if looking at an event he wasn't involved in at all.

TIA
Amityville Addict

Post by TIA » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:23 am

sherbetbizarre wrote: I like the ways he's talking in third person here, as if looking at an event he wasn't involved in at all.
Yeah, he does that a few times.
[size=75][i][color=violet]Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.[/color] [/i][/size]

TIA
Amityville Addict

Post by TIA » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:33 am

RDJ - "I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now."

When RDJ talks about the period after the murders, what really stands out is I. For example "I didn't want to come to jail for this" and when asked about the murders he says it was a tragedy because "I lost my family." It's difficult to tell what was left out in editing, but what they left in is pretty eye sporking.

In the programme, the psychiatrist explains antisocial behaviour disorder, and in his description he includes a lack of empathy. This might explain why RDJ's emotions don't seem to go beyond his own welfare in this interview.
Last edited by TIA on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

Millergirl#4
668 - The neighbour of the beast

Post by Millergirl#4 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:54 am

TIA wrote:RDJ ? ?I?m gonna tell you straight up. I didn?t care who they blamed as long as it wasn?t me. I mean, that?s the bottom line. I did not care. I didn?t care then and I don?t care now.?

When RDJ talks about the period after the murders, what really stands out is ?I?. For example ?I didn?t want to come to jail for this,? and when asked about the murders he says it was a tragedy because ?I lost my family.? It?s difficult to tell what was left out in editing, but what they left in is pretty eye sporking.

In the programme, the psychiatrist explains antisocial behaviour disorder, and in his description he includes a lack of empathy. This might explain why RDJ's emotions don't seem to go beyond his own welfare in this interview.
That quote got me too. I don't understand the rationale behind that one. Just the fact that he says he doesn't care now makes me think that he'll spin any story to finger the blame on someone else.

TIA
Amityville Addict

Post by TIA » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:21 am

RDJ - "My mother was the type of woman, she had five children, but when the children got to a certain age and weren't small anymore, well they were just like one of the animals we had."

The character assassination continues, and this time it's his mother's turn (again). She abuses substances (alcohol and pills) she's no longer completely defenceless (she has access to a gun) and she sees the kids as a bit like animals.

Something that stands out to me is that the vitriol he heaps on those he is currently admitting murdering all have something in common. They all seem to be aspects of his own personality.

Ronald Defeo Sr.- Violence.

RDJ exhibited violence and aggression long before the murders, and he told the psychiatrist for the prosecution that his parents tried to get him professional help.

Dawn Defeo - Substance abuser, murderer.

There's no evidence that she killed anyone or used drugs. RDJ is a self-confessed murderer and heavily used drugs.

Louise Defeo - Substance abuse (alcohol and pills), she's now reaching for a gun when she's shot, and sees the kids like animals.

That last bit brought me up cold, because it reminded me of something RDJ said to Dr Zolan, who was the psychiatrist hired by the prosecution.

'As far as I'm concerned, all them out there are animals.'

And the police reported he said to them, according to the prosecuting attorney:

"My brothers is a couple of f***ing pigs"

(The context of this is his complaining about living with his family; Dawn plays her music too loud, his brothers leave the bathroom a mess, and his mother can't cook.)

It's not that I think it's impossible that his victims had these faults, but I'm not going to view them that way just because the man who murdered them wants me to.

To me, it seems like he's trying to shift people's sympathy away from his victims onto himself by making them more like him. It's crude, but it kind of makes sense in a warped way.
Last edited by TIA on Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

TIA
Amityville Addict

Post by TIA » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:11 am

Last one for now:

RDJ-"I lost my temper and killed her. That's not murder."

Yes. Yes it is.

After he describes himself as like a dog on a long leash in the context of the control his family exerted on him (I think he's specifically referring to his father, could be wrong):

RDJ- "In my opinion, the person who put you on the leash has to be removed, eliminated."

So if he got parole, what would happen if he lost his temper? What would happen to someone he felt was controlling him?

RDJ-"It would be a lot easier for me to admit I killed everyone in the house."

Really?
His wife wouldn't be just a little upset?
Might some of his supporters be annoyed?

I can see how it might make it easier for him to keep his story straight, but I can't see any other incentive for him to tell the truth.

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:41 pm

TIA wrote:So if he got parole, what would happen if he lost his temper? What would happen to someone he felt was controlling him?
TIA,

Outstanding observations!

After 30+ years in prison, would he even be able ( or prepared ) to make it in the real world? Suppose the frustration and anger of unemployment, whispers and cold, hard stares from those recognizing him got the better of him and sent him in the same direction as in 1974.

How could one possibly feel secure lying next to Ronald DeFeo Jr. after the lights went out. Terrifying thought IMO.

TIA
Amityville Addict

Post by TIA » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:53 pm

Thank you :breakdance:

I agree, the stresses on him if he were released now would be enormous. I don't think it could possibly be safe to release him given how he talks about murdering his father and sister.

But to be honest, given how much deeper he keeps digging that hole when he speaks, I don't think he'll ever be paroled, no matter what story he comes out with. He can't help saying things that are inappropriate and freaky. I think that might be related to the empathy thing. Does he fully understand how people will react to his words? I'm not sure he does, and I think a parole board would be able to see through his games.

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:22 pm

TIA wrote:But to be honest, given how much deeper he keeps digging that hole when he speaks, I don't think he'll ever be paroled, no matter what story he comes out with
Agreed 150%.

Perhaps the loves of his life feel the same way, thus their reason for feeling secure, so to speak.

LauraJane
Amityville Addict

Post by LauraJane » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:32 am

TIA wrote:My thoughts on the A&E documentary:

RDJ - "How could one person go through the house and kill six people the way they think they were killed?"

This to me was the most interesting quote of the whole interview. Firstly he says 'the way they thought they were killed' and then he suddenly corrects himself to say 'the way they were killed'.

Is this a slip of the tongue? Is Ronnie letting some truth slip out finally? Is this his way of telling us maybe events didn't occur as most people think they did.

This really did make me wonder.
'Wanna get drunk and fool around?'

ELLEN BRODY - JAWS

TIA
Amityville Addict

Post by TIA » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:38 am

LauraJane wrote: Is this a slip of the tongue? Is Ronnie letting some truth slip out finally? Is this his way of telling us maybe events didn't occur as most people think they did.
Perhaps. Only he knows the sequence of events, and exactly how he did it. There may be elements to how he murdered them that just wouldn't occur to us, but that has never served his self-interest to tell.

LauraJane
Amityville Addict

Post by LauraJane » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:44 am

But there was a definate slip of the tonuge there. Perhaps,like you said, it would be something small that wouldn't occur to us, or it could be something really big, for instance the order that people were slain in. Who knows, but I think how he suddenly took to correcting himself, something fishy is afoot.
'Wanna get drunk and fool around?'

ELLEN BRODY - JAWS

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:07 pm

RDJ ? "I?m gonna tell you straight up. I didn?t care who they blamed as long as it wasn?t me. I mean, that?s the bottom line. I did not care. I didn?t care then and I don?t care now."
RDJ ? "It would be a lot easier for me to admit I killed everyone in the house."
So what is his motivation for trying to convince people that he didn't kill the kids?

Is he getting sh*t in prison for being a child killer?

Is it because he thinks it might hasten his parole?

Is he trying to convince himself that he didn't kill his siblings as a way of dealing with the incredible guilt? Like maybe he felt his parents deserved death, but that the kids were unfortunate victims of his actions?

Maybe a combination of all of these?

Good posts everyone - interesting reading...

TIA
Amityville Addict

Post by TIA » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:18 pm

My hunch would be that in the decades since the crime, he's noticed that people express the most shock and horror over the deaths of the children.

And I don't think he's given up on the idea that if he can, somehow, cast enough doubt over those deaths and overturn the convictions for them, the parole board might let him out. The fact that he can convince some people, sometimes, that he didn't kill the kids might reinforce the idea to him that that could happen.

But I think it is likely to be a combination of things.

TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Post by TigresMeow » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:39 pm

I also wonder how much grief he gets in prison for being labeled a "child killer".
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:05 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I might have been the one who brought up the Hep-C issue. When clips were shown of the then-upcoming A&E special, it was noted that Ronnie looked ill. I asked if it was true that he had Hep-C (I remembered hearing that story, but wasn't sure if it was true or not). I was told it was false. Then later Doula said it was true.
According to Ronnie...he did indeed contract Hepatitis. This is from a letter that Ronnie wrote in 1992...

FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Post by FoxyJ » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:03 am

Whether or not RJD contracted either Hep B or C from needle sharing (as suggested by excerpt) is a matter for him and his family and really has nothing whatsoever to do with the murders or the hauntings.

It's a great pity that ex-wives find it necessary to discuss their own and their ex-husband's sex lives and medical problems to all and sundry on the WWW, it's certainly not something most decent women would ever do. I'm happy to say that my late husband's ex-wife and I have a very friendly relationship.

Fox
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Foxy9212/miscellaneous%20Photos/coffee.gif[/img]

Littlelukey
These Things Have Always Puzzled Me

Post by Littlelukey » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:42 am

LauraJane wrote:
TIA wrote:My thoughts on the A&E documentary:

This to me was the most interesting quote of the whole interview. Firstly he says 'the way they thought they were killed' and then he suddenly corrects himself to say 'the way they were killed'.

Is this a slip of the tongue? Is Ronnie letting some truth slip out finally? Is this his way of telling us maybe events didn't occur as most people think they did.

This really did make me wonder.
If people feel the need to examine everything RDJ has to say so carefully and recorded to the last why? in this thread are they ignoring Laura's point out ? Maybe it just don't fit with theirs :?