A&E DeFeo documentary - First Person Killers

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
User avatar
TIA
Amityville Addict
Posts: 842
Location: Where the wild things are.

Post by TIA » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:45 am

Littlelukey wrote: If people feel the need to examine everything RDJ has to say so carefully and recorded to the last why? in this thread are they ignoring Laura's point out ? Maybe it just don't fit with theirs :?
Um, I responded that I thought Laura could be right, it might have been a slip of the toungue, and it might suggest there's something about the murders he's never said. I'm not sure why you think her point was ignored?
[size=75][i][color=violet]Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.[/color] [/i][/size]
[img]http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif[/img]

Littlelukey
These Things Have Always Puzzled Me
Posts: 1673

Post by Littlelukey » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:57 am

TIA wrote:
Littlelukey wrote: If people feel the need to examine everything RDJ has to say so carefully and recorded to the last why? in this thread are they ignoring Laura's point out ? Maybe it just don't fit with theirs :?
Um, I responded that I thought Laura could be right, it might have been a slip of the toungue, and it might suggest there's something about the murders he's never said. I'm not sure why you think her point was ignored?
I am sorry TIA I was not referring to you I did notice you where the only to response I was meaning to everyone else :?

User avatar
TIA
Amityville Addict
Posts: 842
Location: Where the wild things are.

Post by TIA » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:05 am

Littlelukey wrote: I am sorry TIA I was not referring to you I did notice you where the only to response I was meaning to everyone else :?
Like others, I don't respond to every post, particularly if someone has already said what I would have done, or if I can't think of anything to add. It would be a very strange message board if everyone responded to everyone elses posts (and there's no way I'd be able to keep up :D).

And I haven't seen anyone on here who only responds to posts that agree with their own. I doubt anyone was deliberately ignoring Laura because they didn't agree with her.
[size=75][i][color=violet]Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.[/color] [/i][/size]
[img]http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif[/img]

User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
Posts: 11832

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:44 am

FoxyJ wrote:Whether or not RJD contracted either Hep B or C from needle sharing (as suggested by excerpt) is a matter for him and his family and really has nothing whatsoever to do with the murders or the hauntings.
Yes, it is true that Ronnie's reported case of Hep C doesn't have anything to do with the haunting or murders. No one is suggesting it does. If you are wondering "then why are people talking about it," you should read this thread from the start. The issue was raised in this thread and by reading it you'll understand.

User avatar
FoxyJ
Amityville Addict
Posts: 298
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Contact:

Post by FoxyJ » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:43 am

Dan the Damned wrote:
FoxyJ wrote:Whether or not RJD contracted either Hep B or C from needle sharing (as suggested by excerpt) is a matter for him and his family and really has nothing whatsoever to do with the murders or the hauntings.
Yes, it is true that Ronnie's reported case of Hep C doesn't have anything to do with the haunting or murders. No one is suggesting it does. If you are wondering "then why are people talking about it," you should read this thread from the start. The issue was raised in this thread and by reading it you'll understand.
Dan: Before I registered here I spent hours reading almost every thread, including this one. I still don't see the relevance of RJD's health or the number of trailer visits he may have but if others find such things of interest, so be it.

Fox
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Foxy9212/miscellaneous%20Photos/coffee.gif[/img]

User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
Posts: 11832

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:22 am

Relevant to what? What's your point? This thread is titled "A&E DeFeo documentary" and it was mentioned that Ronnie looked ill, which led to questions about his health.

Ric Osuna mentioned that Ronnie contracted Hepatitis C while living in Amityville, and this was brought up as a possible reason for Ronnie looking so poorly.

Seems pretty much on-topic to me...

If Ronnie had an eye missing, we'd be asking about that, too...

User avatar
FoxyJ
Amityville Addict
Posts: 298
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Contact:

Post by FoxyJ » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:58 am

Dan the Damned wrote:Relevant to what? What's your point? This thread is titled "A&E DeFeo documentary" and it was mentioned that Ronnie looked ill, which led to questions about his health.

Ric Osuna mentioned that Ronnie contracted Hepatitis C while living in Amityville, and this was brought up as a possible reason for Ronnie looking so poorly.

Seems pretty much on-topic to me...

If Ronnie had an eye missing, we'd be asking about that, too...
I don't find the state of RJD's health relevant to discussions about the murders/hauntings/trial/evidence or the price of fish at Billingsgate. However, Dan, others obviously do and as I said, so be it.

Fox
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Foxy9212/miscellaneous%20Photos/coffee.gif[/img]

User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
Posts: 11832

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:11 pm

Okay, you say "so be it." But I don't understand why you bring it up? Do you object to people discussing the matter?

zzvampy
The Black Bralia
Posts: 2521
Location: PA

Post by zzvampy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:16 pm

FoxyJ wrote:I don't find the state of RJD's health relevant to discussions about the murders/hauntings/trial/evidence or the price of fish at Billingsgate. However, Dan, others obviously do and as I said, so be it.

Fox

FoxyJ,

You've recently contributed to posts concerning (what some feel) Ronnie's need for psychiatric treatment.

Wouldn't his state of mind be relevant to his "health"?

User avatar
costerluver
Amityville Addict
Posts: 459
Location: Back in Canada...sigh

Post by costerluver » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:11 pm

Hello again. This was just on today and I decided to watch it. I found it very interesting. It seems as if Ronnie is trying to make himself the victim so that every one feels sorry for him. It didn't seem to work on the interviewer or on me. It did seem to work on a member of the jury during his trial. The interviewer also pointed out that Ronnie appeared very disturbed when his youngest siblings came up. It seems as if Ronnie is starting to feel bad for what he did to Mark (is it Mark or Marc?), John and Allison, even though he claims he didn't do it. What do you guys think?
Some people are like slinkies. They're really good for nothing but they still put a smile on your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

By the time you finish reading this you would have realized that it doesn't say anything worth reading and that you just wasted 5 seconds of your life

User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
Posts: 11832

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:46 pm

Its Marc, with a "c".

Hard to tell if Ronnie is starting to feel guilty or not. If and when he confesses again to his crimes, then that would be a better indicator.

Since he is still denying responsibility, I'm leaning toward crocodile tears.

And that's what makes me think Ronnie wasn't possessed. I mean, maybe influenced, but not possessed like some believe. If he was possessed, then wouldn't he be confessing today? To me, he is acting like a guy who knows he is guilty -- not like a man who couldn't control himself and regrets what his body did while he wasn't in control of it. Does that make sense?

Thanks for posting this in an existing thread instead of starting a new topic. :D

evanguy2004
I Am Insane
Posts: 3113

Post by evanguy2004 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:27 am

Dan the Damned wrote:Its Marc, with a "c".

Hard to tell if Ronnie is starting to feel guilty or not. If and when he confesses again to his crimes, then that would be a better indicator.

Since he is still denying responsibility, I'm leaning toward crocodile tears.

And that's what makes me think Ronnie wasn't possessed. I mean, maybe influenced, but not possessed like some believe. If he was possessed, then wouldn't he be confessing today? To me, he is acting like a guy who knows he is guilty -- not like a man who couldn't control himself and regrets what his body did while he wasn't in control of it. Does that make sense?

Thanks for posting this in an existing thread instead of starting a new topic. :D
Ronnie is starting to remind me of Charles Manson when I see him interviewed. Very scary

User avatar
GoonieNick
Amityville Addict
Posts: 273
Location: Selden, Long Island
Contact:

First Person Killers Video

Post by GoonieNick » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:51 am

Hi,

Does anyone have a link where the video can be watched for First Person Killers, Ron DeFeo? I have been unable to find it anywhere and I really would love to watch it.

Thanks,
Nick

User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
Posts: 11832

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:35 am

You just missed it -- aired yesterday on A&E.

You can buy the DVD at http://shop.history.com (I'm assuming you've already searched on YouTube?). If you get A&E, it will air again, and we'll list it in the TV Alert thread.

User avatar
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di
Posts: 4300
Location: Athens, Texas

Post by Howard64 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:46 pm

i have it video taped...
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

User avatar
blueroc85
IROC-Z Affinity
Posts: 98
Location: Kentucky, USA

Post by blueroc85 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:42 pm

I watched this program the other night. Ronnie seemed to do much contradicting of himself within the interview regarding the events of the murders. I know this is just par for the course for Ronnie, but it was amazing to hear first hand just how ridiculous he sounds!

User avatar
GoonieNick
Amityville Addict
Posts: 273
Location: Selden, Long Island
Contact:

Post by GoonieNick » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:36 pm

I saw this tonight for the first time. I liked how they cleared up the evidence of the gun residue that was found on Dawn. Based on this it seems unlikely that Dawn pulled a trigger that night.

However, I am starting to wonder if indeed Butch killed the entire family with the help of someone else, other than Dawn. If this is true then maybe it is possible that Dawn and the Parents were killed at the same time. Ronnie killing the parents, and the friend killing Dawn. As for the 3 younger siblings maybe indeed it was both Ronnie and a friend.

Then they left and drove around and thought what they should do.

They came back, cleaned up, and Ronnie went off to Brooklyn.

If this other person is Kelske or not, who knows.

User avatar
TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk
Posts: 1625
Location: Inside my own mind

Post by TigresMeow » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:11 pm

I think Ronnie committed these murders all by his lonesome. And I think it was done in a matter of minutes.

I don't think there was anyone else involved.
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

User avatar
GoonieNick
Amityville Addict
Posts: 273
Location: Selden, Long Island
Contact:

Post by GoonieNick » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:32 am

I don't know. I still don't get how they all were face down in bed. Some of the evidence points out that Ronnie Sr. was placed back in bed after being shot based on his foot dangling I believe. He was a big man and very unlikely that Butch could have lifted him by himself.

People always say how come nobody ran after hearing the first shots in the Defeo master bedroom? People always say that no matter what you don't stay in bed because you are afraid. It is a basic biological instinct to want to fight for your life and flee no over staying in bed and knowing you will get shot.

However, I can see a counter argument to this issue. One is that the children were fairly young, so Ronnie may have told them to be quiet or stay put in bed, and then he shot them.

As for why didn't Dawn do anything it is very likely that maybe Butch told her that he was going to just kill the parents and that would be it. So then after the parents got killed, Butch killed the siblings, and then Killed Dawn for the fear that he couldn't trust her.

Why would Butch kill the younger siblings? Maybe it was out of fear that they would grow up with no parents, maybe under the heat of the moment he believed that they heard the gunshots and would snitch on him. I did see in the First Person Killers video that when asked about the siblings Butch did indeed act differently and take time to respond, as compared to the other questions that the psychiatrist was asking.

Just some thoughts. Inheritance Killers aired last night in the UK and I have someone recording it for me, so I can't wait to check that out.

Cheers,
Have a good week everyone

User avatar
TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk
Posts: 1625
Location: Inside my own mind

Post by TigresMeow » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Some of the evidence points out that Ronnie Sr. was placed back in bed after being shot based on his foot dangling I believe. He was a big man and very unlikely that Butch could have lifted him by himself.
I am curious as to what evidence that might be? I sleep with my foot/feet dangling off the bed.
People always say how come nobody ran after hearing the first shots in the Defeo master bedroom? People always say that no matter what you don't stay in bed because you are afraid. It is a basic biological instinct to want to fight for your life and flee no over staying in bed and knowing you will get shot.
The way I see this is, it's the middle of the night and chances are everyone was in a deep sleep. If something awakens you from a deep sleep, it usually takes a little bit before you are fully aware of what is going on. The fact that I think the murders happened quickly makes me think that no one was fully awake when they got shot.

As far as everyone being face down, the only one I question is Marc (?) with his injury. But I think it's very possible that Ronnie helped him turn over, then shot him.

I don't think any of them were fully awake at the time of their murders but I do believe that the kids were semi-awake.
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

User avatar
GoonieNick
Amityville Addict
Posts: 273
Location: Selden, Long Island
Contact:

Post by GoonieNick » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:34 pm

I can definitely agree with you on the semi-awake.

However, what do you think happened on the third floor with Dawn? By then she had to be up, right?

I don't know too many people sleeping with their feet off the bed. I mean of course it is quite possible.

I am wondering if Ronnie Sr. had any siblings or parents alive at that time? Because, immediately family would know if he was a person that often slept with his feet off the bed.

For example, my family knows sometimes I sleep with my eyes open.

I am waiting to get inheritance killers which I will have by tomorrow when I wake up. A friend recorded it for me from the U.K!

Post Reply