John Carswell

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

John Carswell

Postby msmart112 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:27 pm

Here's part of the testimony from John Carswell, a good friend of Ronnie's:

William Weber: What did you observe concerning Ronnie?

John Carswell: Well, I just -- on that day I drove into the parking lot, and Ronnie and Mindy was there already. And he was there with Mindy. And he had, I guess, a revolver or gun in his hand. Definitely it was a gun. And he shot it off in the parking lot. And I went up to him, I said, "What are you doing?" And I took the thing away from him and I threw it back in his car. Took the clip out of it, threw it under the seat so he couldn't find it, because it was dark. I talked to him for a little while.

William Weber: Prior to your taking the gun from him, did Ronnie do or say anything to you?

John Carswell: Yes he did. He said, "I'm going to go inside. I'm going to get him." That's all he said. I asked him about what. He said, well, they fired Mindy, blah, blah, blah.

Not surprisingly, John Carswell, like many others, also received an affidavit from Ronnie that was already filled out:

As much as Ronnie wants people to believe that much of the testimony at his original trial was false, this statement given to the Suffolk County District Attorney's office by John Carswell tells a different story:

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Return to DeFeo Discussion