Bobby Kelske

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:36 pm

i noticed that too...

ROnnie killed his family, plain and simple. No amount of lying will get him free or exhonnerate him of his grisly acts.

I do however find it interesting that Ronnie has everyone jumping around like a bunch of puppets. He is manipulating all those who would listen.

In addition, i am going through my ballistics books for reloading and such, compiling information about rifles and such. When i am done ill post it:)

Howard
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

dwighttrenfield
Amityville Addict

Post by dwighttrenfield » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:19 pm

radiomixer wrote:
I noticed that too -- it was so OBVIOUS, it was absolutely Eerie. He made many horrifying statements, showing no emotion all the while. Particularly when he switches his story about Dawn in mid-interview! Dr. Hoge made comment of this in his summary at the end of the show. And boasting for the camera, 'I didn't care who got blamed for it then, and I don't care now' (as long as it isn't him, although he admitted he killed everyone on numerous occasions, not to mention formally in court).

Good God. How much more obvious can one get? That A&E interview should be 'required viewing' for any person interested in the DeFeo case. It's far more revealing than Ron ever intended it to be.
I wouldn't call his display totally emotionless. If anything, he displayed arrogance and contempt for his family members, particularly his father who "kept him on a leash" if I remember the phrasing correctly. This behavior manifested itself in a big way when he would switch stories mid-stream during the interview. In spite of his being in jail, he still came across to me as someone who thinks he's a big-shot. That's what I feel is displayed quite prominently as the interview progressed.

Was Ronnie's father as abusive as he claimed? Was his sister Dawn a problem child as well with her own inner demons? Perhaps they were, but that's no reason to murder them, especially when they were sleeping.

One of these days when I get a moment I'm going to put the A&E show on a DVD, editing out the commercials that aired. I have it on tape currently.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?" -- Edgar Allan Poe

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:53 pm

In spite of his being in jail, he still came across to me as someone who thinks he's a big-shot.
Exactly my point!!

Didnt he at one point in time amke a claim taht it was all about him? all about the money?

Quite frankly, i think this whole ronnie defeo subject is old. He is in jail convicted of a crim he committed. He doesnt appear to be or wants to show any remorse over what he did, otherwise he could have gotten parole already.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of

Rockford
Amityville Addict

Post by Rockford » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:54 pm

Howard64 wrote:i noticed that too...

ROnnie killed his family, plain and simple. No amount of lying will get him free or exhonnerate him of his grisly acts.

I do however find it interesting that Ronnie has everyone jumping around like a bunch of puppets. He is manipulating all those who would listen.

In addition, i am going through my ballistics books for reloading and such, compiling information about rifles and such. When i am done ill post it:)

Howard
I'd be interested in reading what your findings are when you conduct this test, Howard.
Just remember that technology as it is today and back then are much different, so make sure to state your entire findings.

I already had a "friend" conduct this test, but I'd be curious if both of you come up with the same findings.

Rockford
Amityville Addict

Post by Rockford » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:55 pm

Howard64 wrote:
In spite of his being in jail, he still came across to me as someone who thinks he's a big-shot.
Exactly my point!!

Didnt he at one point in time amke a claim taht it was all about him? all about the money?

Quite frankly, i think this whole ronnie defeo subject is old. He is in jail convicted of a crim he committed. He doesnt appear to be or wants to show any remorse over what he did, otherwise he could have gotten parole already.
Most intelligent post I've read in a LONG time. Thanks, Howard.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:57 pm

Sure thing, ill be happy to share what i find:)

I dont own a marlin rifle nor do i know of anyone who does. SO all my research will have to be on paper.

I do have in my collection rifles that are CLOSE in caliber to the .35 so in that aspect i can make some personal testimony.

Ill let ya know:)

dwighttrenfield
Amityville Addict

Post by dwighttrenfield » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:17 pm

Howard64 wrote:
Exactly my point!!

I believe he did say something to that effect Howard. I'll have to re-watch the show to make certain of that.

As I mentioned previously, Ronnie came across to me during the A&E interview as thinking he's a big-shot. His brashness and arrogance was readily apparent. He obviously has no qualms about changing stories of what supposedly happened during the murders.

Regarding Ronnie getting parole for showing remorse for his crimes (be it fake or genuine), well, that's a subject for another debate. :) Unfortunately, said debates can and often do turn into rather ugly and contentious arguments.

If I may make an aside Howard, you ought to consider purchasing a Marlin rifle. If my previous experience with one was any indication, it's a good weapon to have and use.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:01 pm

my collection consists of usable militarty style rifles. I prefer those types:)

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:30 am

Howard64 wrote:
Exactly my point!!

'It seems the DeFeo's are extremely critical of writers whom are trying to resolve this case," argues Steve [Morris], 'but it is about time Mr DeFeo either puts up, or shuts up. He has been promising to tell the truth for over three decades, and all we get is "I will tell all, one day."'
TNC: Over the decades, much controversy has revolved around a possible miscarriage of justice for the killer. However, DeFeo, who has never shown the slightest remorse, is a pathological, sociopathic liar, and a man who has tried to make capital from his heinous deeds since day one.

"I'm one of the most infamous criminals in the US," he recently boasted. "I'm all about money."
Emphasis mine, of course.

"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:54 am

I wouldn't call his display totally emotionless. If anything, he displayed arrogance and contempt for his family members, particularly his father who "kept him on a leash" if I remember the phrasing correctly. This behavior manifested itself in a big way when he would switch stories mid-stream during the interview.
Very good point, Dwight. And let's remember, DeFeo Sr. kept him on such a tight "leash" that Ronald Jr. moved out numerous times. And in numerous other interviews, Ronald Jr. called his Dad "my best friend" and spoke not a word about any supposed "abuse" this man allegedly did.

Every time we ask the DeFeo camp for more than the single incident of abuse that was reported by *one* relative (in court), we either get no response, or lies. (For example: Nonnewitz, who admitted in court that she was NOT 'best friends' with Louise DeFeo [yet Tracey DeFeo, who was 'ten years old at the time' insists they WERE] and added in her testimony that she would not visit the DeFeo home for weeks at a time; in other words, Nonnewitz didn't even qualify as a regularly scheduled 'housekeeper,' another fact the DeFeo camp misrepresents often.)

Yet I can name three posters on this board who have posted credible, legitimate articles which point out that the DeFeos were recognized as a close, loving family. A family who more often than not had frequent visitors. Funny (not!) how not one of those frequent visitors/guests EVER witnessed abusive behavior by either DeFeo parent.

And that one relative who mentioned that *one*, single act of abusive behavior? Ronnie DeFeo later threatened to kill him.

Yes, there was an abusive member of the DeFeo family. And he's sitting in prison right now, right where he belongs.
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:47 am

radiomixer wrote:And that one relative who mentioned that *one*, single act of abusive behavior? Ronnie DeFeo later threatened to kill him.

"After the murders, Butch drew up a long list of fifty other people he wished to kill. He repeatedly indicated that he had no feelings about killing his family, aside from being glad or relieved they were gone." - Simon, quoting the crime library website
Dan the Damned wrote:from the book "High Hopes," during a psychiatric examination of Ronnie performed on Sept 29, 1975:
Dr. Zolan was leading up to the crime, but DeFeo wanted to tell him about something else first. A death list he had jotted down in jail. He had given the list to Dr. Schwartz. "Can you give me the names on the list?" Dr. Zolan asked. "I had my grandparents, not my grandmothers, my two grandfathers; Pete DeFeo; my uncle, Vinnie Procita and his wife, Phyllis Procita; one or two of my sister's girlfriends; some of my friends. There was a lot of names on it, a good fifty. Took me a long time."

DeFeo said that people on the list, which included Louis Falini and a couple of police officers, wanted to get him. "Why do they want to get me? I imagine because of what happened, just to start with. Because maybe they feel that I got it in for all them, too. If they don't get me, I'm going to get them, or vice versa. To be truthful, I told Dr. Schwartz exactly what I'm telling you. I told him if I got out of here, my aunt's own daughter ? and she was on the list ? I have full intention of killing every one of them..."
HellboundGreaser wrote:Vampy posted this in the Judge Stark thread.
Also interesting in this documentary are the recollections of the Jurors who claim Ronnie showed absolutely no remorse. He not only threatened the life of Prosecuting Attorney Gerard Sullivan, but the life of his very own Defending Attorney, William Weber! This can not be disputed, as it was in the presence of an entire Court Room.

Apparently , Ronnie had a "top ten list" of those he intended to murder once he won an insanity plea, spent a year or two in a Psychiatric Ward and was once again a free man. Among the top ten were ...Judge Stark, Gerard Sullivan and ...his own Lawyer, William Weber! Quote from Weber:

" ...He said " Hey Stupid" " You're number one on the list"
zzvampy wrote:Ah yes indeed. The Murder List! Because the above link is no longer intact, please feel free to listen at the link provided below.

Judge Stark explains Ronnie's "need to impress".

Gee, the more things change, the more they stay the same, yes?

The rest of this audio file is basically self-explanatory.

http://www.shattereddreamzz.com/list.html
zzvampy wrote:And yet another interesting audio clip:

Here we have Judge Stark saying that Ronnie was planning on pretending ( feining insanity ) to be insane well before the trial even started.

In addition, when Weber showed the pictures of the DeFeo family to Ronnie, his reply was...

"I wouldn't recognize these people if they walked in the God damn door"

"Ronnie, did you kill your family?"

and he said...

"Yes, I killed them all ! "

Insane?

Bah! :roll:

http://www.shattereddreamzz.com/insanity.html

dwighttrenfield
Amityville Addict

Post by dwighttrenfield » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:34 pm

radiomixer wrote:
Very good point, Dwight. And let's remember, DeFeo Sr. kept him on such a tight "leash" that Ronald Jr. moved out numerous times. And in numerous other interviews, Ronald Jr. called his Dad "my best friend" and spoke not a word about any supposed "abuse" this man allegedly did.
I seem to recall reading in "High Hopes" that on one occasion when Ronnie did leave after an argument, his father went after him in his own vehicle and they got into a car chase. I will admit that my memory is a bit fuzzy about that book as I last read it sometime in the early 80's.

No matter what really happened in the DeFeo family home, it doesn't excuse what Ronnie finally did to his family over 30 years ago. He slaughtered them in a very cowardly fashion, that being while they were sleeping. His A&E interview seemed to convey his lack of remorse in a very big way with his egotistical, big-shot attitude. His statements during that interview i.e. "I didn't care then and I don't care now" would indicate to me that he seems to be very proud of the fact that he is the infamous "Amityville Horror" killer.

Buick - 1975
Amityville Member

Re: Bobby Kelske

Post by Buick - 1975 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:53 pm

msmart112 wrote:At trial, Bobby Kelske, while being questiond by Gerard Sullivan, stated that the summer before the killings, Ronnie had pointed a rifle at him. Later, Sullivan asked Kelske if he had witnessed any other aggressive actions by Ron.

I know I'm 10 years late on this but, I thought I would put post these.