Linnea Nonnewitz

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Linnea Nonnewitz

Postby msmart112 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:57 pm

Despite claims to the contrary…Linnea Nonnewitz did NOT testify to any abuse inflicted upon any members of the family by Mr. DeFeo.

She did however mention an incident involving Ronnie and John…

William Weber: Had you ever observed any occasions where in your presence Ronald physically struck or hit any of his brothers or sisters?

Linnea Nonnewitz: Just once.

William Weber: And do you recall when that occurred?

Linnea Nonnewitz: No.

William Weber: Can you recall the year that it occurred?

Linnea Nonnewitz: No.

William Weber: Do you recall the circumstances under which that occurred?

Linnea Nonnewitz: Yes.

William Weber: Will you describe that for us?

Linnea Nonnewitz: For them to pick up things, to do the job they were supposed to do. I was there, Louise wasn’t, and he just…

William Weber: Do you recall which…was this a brother?

Linnea Nonnewitz: John.

William Weber: It was John?

Linnea Nonnewitz: John. And I looked at him, and Butch gave him…I don’t remember, one push, and I looked at him and he didn’t…he stopped.
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby msmart112 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:24 pm

Back in late 2000, Linnea Nonnewitz corresponded for a while with Ric Osuna.

In this e-mail dated November 2nd, 2000…Linnea states that she will be severing ties with Ronnie. She mentions the many nasty letters that her and her husband had received from Ronnie over the years…

In this e-mail dated November 19th, 2000…Linnea states that Geraldine knows Ronnie “better than I ever didâ€￾…

In this e-mail dated December 20th, 2000…Linnea warns Ric not to get caught up in Ronnie’s “story tellingâ€￾. I guess she was speaking from experience…

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby zzvampy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:01 pm

Sounds like someone is either confused, stretching the facts or downright fabricating!

Wouldn't be the first time though :wink:
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Postby zzvampy » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:48 pm

Most people assume that Linnea, being the DeFeo housekeeper, was at 112 Ocean Avenue on a daily basis, yet from her own testimony, this doesn't seem to be the case at all:

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Postby msmart112 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:00 pm

zzvampy wrote:Most people assume that Linnea, being the DeFeo housekeeper, was at 112 Ocean Avenue on a daily basis, yet from her own testimony, this doesn't seem to be the case at all:

No doubt, Z.

Here...she isn't even sure when she was last in Ronnie's room...

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby msmart112 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:27 pm

As for the 1989 affidavit of Mrs. Nonnewitz…

http://www.injusticesofamityville.com/linneanonnewitz_aff_nav.html

…have a look at the 1989 affidavit of Roger Nonnewitz…

http://www.injusticesofamityville.com/rogernonnewitz_aff_nav.html

…does anything look similar between them? :roll:
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby FoxyJ » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:43 am

There is nothing unusual about two identically worded affidavits being prepared for signature by two persons giving identical testimony. My late husband and I were presented with precisely similar by our solicitor when we attested to a situation that concerned us both.

Fox
FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Postby msmart112 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:48 am

FoxyJ wrote:There is nothing unusual about two identically worded affidavits being prepared for signature by two persons giving identical testimony.

I guess not...

...especially when that "testimony" is outright BS.

But what IS unusual is this...

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby msmart112 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:54 am

From a letter that Frank Davidge wrote to Ronnie in the late-eighties. Notice how Davidge states that he has “read the affidavit you sent meâ€￾...

“I have read the affidavit you sent me and the problem I have with it is I just don’t remember. Some of it rings a bell, but I guess it’s been 16 – 17 years or so and the details just don’t come clear in my mind.â€￾

From a 2003 affidavit in which Barry Springer recants what he stated in his 1989 "affidavit"…

Here are parts of a sworn statement given to the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office by John Carswell on March 30th, 1990 in regard to the “affidavitâ€￾ he signed on July 14, 1989…

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby FoxyJ » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:24 pm

I've read all that documentation before - my comment regarding it not being unusual for two people to be given precisely similar affidavits to sign is based on my personal experience.

Fox
FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Postby radiomixer » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:58 pm

FoxyJ wrote:I've read all that documentation before - my comment regarding it not being unusual for two people to be given precisely similar affidavits to sign is based on my personal experience.

Then folks/laws in the UK must be terrifically different from the US. Every time I've been asked to provide affidavits for a court case, the exact opposite has been stated to me by lawyers. First you give the lawyer a deposition, then he has the parts pertinent to the case typed up to sign, then after reading over the affidavit in order to make sure I was not misquoted, the papers were signed in front of witnesses and notary public. In each case in which I've been deposed, each lawyer had their own in-house notary-public. It's common practice in the US for lawyers to have such notaries in their firms.

In fact, two affidavits worded the exact same way would only raise suspicion in a court case, certainly not confidence. Witnesses are not deposed in groups -- they're deposed separately for the obvious reasons of avoiding identical statements.
radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Postby FoxyJ » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:58 am

Interesting indeed, but not applicable in the case of the affidavit(s) prepared for, sworn to and signed by my late husband and myself.

Fox
FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Postby OldSoul70 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:23 am

I understand that it is possible for affidavits to be the same, but it all depends on the issue, becuase if you and your husband read the papers and recalled everything that was in writting and knew it was true then fine its ok, and if the papers were handled in the proper way then again fine. But in this case the affidavits were I guess false, and the people who signed them just did it to help out a friend. And someone in later years admitted to not remembering things that were on the affidavit and it was not handled in the right way.
OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Return to DeFeo Discussion