Has anyone seen Ronald and Tracey's Memorial Page to Dawn?

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Has anyone seen Ronald and Tracey's Memorial Page to Dawn?

Postby LauraJane » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:23 pm

Apparantly Tracey has sponsored the site. You can leave messages (which I have done) and you can light a virtual candle for her too. They speak of how they love and miss her and I was just wondering if I had missed something in my abscence here. Have they done a complete U turn on Dawn? It seems odd that two people who are pushing her guilt have set up a memorial page and Tracey paying for it's upkeep.

Here it is:


http://dawn-defeo.memory-of.com/photos.aspx
'Wanna get drunk and fool around?'

ELLEN BRODY - JAWS
LauraJane
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:59 am

Re: Has anyone seen Ronald and Tracey's Memorial Page to Daw

Postby TIA » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:28 pm

LauraJane wrote:They speak of how they love and miss her and I was just wondering if I had missed something in my abscence here. Have they done a complete U turn on Dawn?


Um, no. Not as far as I'm aware, anyway.

Now I understand what it means to have your mind boggle.
Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.
Image
User avatar
TIA
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Where the wild things are.

Postby LauraJane » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:31 pm

When I first came across this I sat mouth agog for about five minutes. What are these two doing setting up a memorial page for the person they claim either killed the kids or did all the killings depending on what story they are saying. I found it odd to say the least.
'Wanna get drunk and fool around?'

ELLEN BRODY - JAWS
LauraJane
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:59 am

Postby TIA » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:35 pm

Did they do this for any of the other victims, or just Dawn?

And I'm with you on the agog.
Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.
Image
User avatar
TIA
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Where the wild things are.

Postby <3 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:35 pm

This is confusing considering the fact that Dawn has been accused by RDJ and TLD of killing the children. Her memory was soiled by them to begin with.
<3
Familiar Face
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:02 pm

Postby LauraJane » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:40 pm

I've searched the site and there is nothing else on there for the other Defeo's. The site is headed Dawn Theresa Defeo and has her birth/death date. There are pictures of the rest of the family but why it's headed Dawn I don't know.

It just made me laugh. The first candle lit was from Ronald and Tracey Defeo. It's all very odd!
'Wanna get drunk and fool around?'

ELLEN BRODY - JAWS
LauraJane
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:59 am

Postby TIA » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:42 pm

From what I can see, they've put up a memorial page for each of his victims.

Here are a couple:


http://louise-defeo.memory-of.com/

http://ronalddefeo.memory-of.com/

The other children are there too.
Last edited by TIA on Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.
Image
User avatar
TIA
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Where the wild things are.

Postby LauraJane » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:43 pm

<3 wrote:This is confusing considering the fact that Dawn has been accused by RDJ and TLD of killing the children. Her memory was soiled by them to begin with.


Exactly so why put up a memorial page? It's understandable if they did it for Allison or their parents or the boys. But why Dawn? Dawn they person they have accused of killing most of the family and who they speak of with such venom.

Please, could someone explain this to me?
'Wanna get drunk and fool around?'

ELLEN BRODY - JAWS
LauraJane
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:59 am

Postby LauraJane » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:46 pm

TIA wrote:From what I can see, they've put up a memorial page for each of his victims.

http://louise-defeo.memory-of.com/

http://ronalddefeo.memory-of.com/

And for the other children.


I'm sorry! I didnt' realise they had done one for all the family!

But it' still odd that they claim she is in their hearts and will never be forgotten.
'Wanna get drunk and fool around?'

ELLEN BRODY - JAWS
LauraJane
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:59 am

Postby TIA » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:48 pm

LauraJane wrote:I'm sorry! I didnt' realise they had done one for all the family!


It's case sensitive, so that may have been why.

But it' still odd that they claim she is in their hearts and will never be forgotten.


Yes, it really is.
It's pretty weird they put up memorial pages to any of his victims. The entries say they're from RDJ as well as his wife.
This includes memorials to the victims he admits to killing in his current version of the murders.

:shock:
Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.
Image
User avatar
TIA
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Where the wild things are.

Postby LauraJane » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:53 pm

Not to sound awful or picky but I also found the phrase 'passed away' to be sickening. Not the words but the context in which they were said.

To 'pass away' I get the image of being in a hospice or at home surrounded by family and loved ones. The Defeo's did not 'pass away' they were killed brutaly. It's not quite the same thing as 'passing away'.
'Wanna get drunk and fool around?'

ELLEN BRODY - JAWS
LauraJane
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:59 am

Postby <3 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:29 pm

Here I thought according to Ronnie that his father was abusing him and was to blame for making him snap. :roll:

Those people are some pieces of work.
<3
Familiar Face
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:02 pm

Postby LauraJane » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:31 pm

It just really makes me wonder what their motives are in doing this. Particulary the Dawn angle. I mean most people who don't follow the Amityville story, looking at that site, wouldn't have a clue who Dawn was so if they really, really dislike her and blame her for the events that night, why didnt' they just leave her off the memorial. It's bizarre.
'Wanna get drunk and fool around?'

ELLEN BRODY - JAWS
LauraJane
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:59 am

Postby <3 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:33 pm

Laura, I think this is for his upcoming parole hearing. I guess so he comes across as being remorseful. :?
<3
Familiar Face
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:02 pm

Postby LauraJane » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:37 pm

It will take more then a very vacant web page to shift my opinions of him! LOL! I mean, surely they could add some interesting stories or tidbits on there rather then just a poem.

I have been absent of late. When is RDJ up for parole again?
'Wanna get drunk and fool around?'

ELLEN BRODY - JAWS
LauraJane
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:59 am

Postby TIA » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:39 pm

It's the juxtaposition of what's written on the pages with how Defeo talks about his family that makes this really strange. If he showed remorse for his victims instead of attacking them at every turn it might come across as some kind of contrition.

It possibly is something to do with gearing up to the next parole hearing, along with adding Bobby Kelske into his story again.

I think Tracey said he was up for parole again in 2007, IIRC.
Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.
Image
User avatar
TIA
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Where the wild things are.

Postby LauraJane » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:42 pm

I found the whole site kind of laughable I guess. The fact that this man killed them and yet has the gaul to create a site like this?

It's like Manson setting up a Sharon Tate tribute site. Very creepy, very eerie, very transparent and very shallow.
'Wanna get drunk and fool around?'

ELLEN BRODY - JAWS
LauraJane
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:59 am

Postby <3 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:43 pm

LauraJane wrote:It will take more then a very vacant web page to shift my opinions of him! LOL! I mean, surely they could add some interesting stories or tidbits on there rather then just a poem.

I have been absent of late. When is RDJ up for parole again?


I read next Summer. You would think they would have posted up more pictures of them too.

I will never change my opinion of Ronald Defeo.
<3
Familiar Face
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:02 pm

Postby <3 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:44 pm

TIA wrote: It's the juxtaposition of what's written on the pages with how Defeo talks about his family that makes this really strange. If he showed remorse for his victims instead of attacking them at every turn it might come across as some kind of contrition.

It possibly is something to do with gearing up to the next parole hearing, along with adding Bobby Kelske into his story again.

I think Tracey said he was up for parole again in 2007, IIRC.


The A&E documentary showed Ronnie to have no remorse at all. He acted like he was justified in his actions.
<3
Familiar Face
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:02 pm

Postby <3 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:44 pm

LauraJane wrote:I found the whole site kind of laughable I guess. The fact that this man killed them and yet has the gaul to create a site like this?

It's like Manson setting up a Sharon Tate tribute site. Very creepy, very eerie, very transparent and very shallow.


I agree! Some people have no taste whatsoever.
<3
Familiar Face
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:02 pm

Postby LauraJane » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:47 pm

<3 wrote:
LauraJane wrote:It will take more then a very vacant web page to shift my opinions of him! LOL! I mean, surely they could add some interesting stories or tidbits on there rather then just a poem.

I have been absent of late. When is RDJ up for parole again?


I read next Summer. You would think they would have posted up more pictures of them too.

I will never change my opinion of Ronald Defeo.

Next summer? So I guess the work starts now then!

I was very up and down with RDJ. I was willing to think about any possible involvement from Dawn. However, a I got sent a copy of the 'First Person Killers' (is that the title?) and was dumbstruck at his 'I' want anyone to take the blame don't care who.....' attitude. I have no doubts that he acted alone that night.
'Wanna get drunk and fool around?'

ELLEN BRODY - JAWS
LauraJane
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:59 am

Next

Return to DeFeo Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
cron