2003 parole hearing transcripts

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

2003 parole hearing transcripts

Postby msmart112 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:39 pm

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby astonio » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:07 pm

Wow...couldn't get his own brother's birthday right.
astonio
Resident

Postby msmart112 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:16 pm

Q. Do you remember anything about it?

A. I do know that I had gotten into an altercation with my sister, God rest her soul. There was a fight over the rifle in the end, and that’s the part I am involved in.

Q. How about the other people?

A. I had nothing to do with that, no part of that.

Q. But my question to you is: Did you or did you not over the course of years at trial, probation, in talking to the Parole people here you have given different stories over the years.

A. No, I have always told the truth; I really don’t know what happened.

Q. But, as I review your file at one point in time you said that the only one that you shot was your sister?

A. No.

And to think that certain people want to blame the parole board for Ronnie not getting released. :roll:
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Hmm?

Postby Dutchcolonial » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:45 pm

What did the part that was blacked out refer to?

Dutch.
“From trees to boathouses, Ocean Avenue was a street of American dreams. And what happened at 112 was a suburban tragedy.” G. SULLIVAN

“I want no part of the world out there. As far as I’m concerned, out there, there is nothing but trouble, disease, animals. I want no part of the world. In here at night when we lock in, they lock us in the cells. I feel safe, that nobody is going to get me. I feel fine. I really like that…..” RJD, JR.,October 15, 1975
Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

Postby Dan the Damned » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:47 pm

I think Ronnie needs a lawyer with him when he goes into these parole hearings. Just like a guy brought in front of a Congressional inquest...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

I DUNNO

Postby Dutchcolonial » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:46 am

I don't think I've ever heard of a lawyer going to one of these? If you read between the lines (sometimes they have outright said it--), they want to hear from the convicted criminal himself not only an admission of his crime but some sense of remorse as well. As for the remorse, I don't think it's a first up shot.....I think you have to show consistent regret for what you did and they need to see that it has affected your outlook on life today...take for instance Leslie Van Houten (and she STILL ain't gettin' out!). Butch will never be as articulate as Van Houten....it is obvious from the transcripts that the board members find him not only repellant, but also ingenuine, ignorant and arrogant. Even if he should meet some written prerequisites for real consideration, they'll never let him out because he is such an abrasive :) flower :). Face it, they're there to do a job and they actually do it. When others cry out that the system is a travesty, well this is ONE fine example of it actually working. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Dutch.
“From trees to boathouses, Ocean Avenue was a street of American dreams. And what happened at 112 was a suburban tragedy.” G. SULLIVAN

“I want no part of the world out there. As far as I’m concerned, out there, there is nothing but trouble, disease, animals. I want no part of the world. In here at night when we lock in, they lock us in the cells. I feel safe, that nobody is going to get me. I feel fine. I really like that…..” RJD, JR.,October 15, 1975
Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:32 am

Yeah, I totally agree with all that.

And as for the lawyer, I'm pretty sure you're right - I think its just a one-on-one thing. It would be different if they were forced to answer questions about the crime.

And yeah - I think one (one of many) problems that Ronnie has is with not being articulate. He spouts out jumbled, disjointed phrases without putting them into any sort of coherent context.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby BellWitch74 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:02 pm

Well, articulation can be affected by being nervous, keep that in mind. If I have to give a presenation or speak in class or something I'm all tongue tied, I can't help it. Thing is with Ronnie, he just can't seem to figure out which part he was in and which part he wasn't. Which looks really bad. I'm pretty sure that he was in all of it, but he, after all this time, still can't make up his mind if he remember what happened or not, how it happened, who did it, and if he was even there.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Re: 2003 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Boogeyman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:23 pm

i dont get this anymore :P

he tells all diffrent stories about what happend and he says that if he tells more it will be a lie

is that the part of voices who make him kill his family?
My name is Legion: for we are many.
Boogeyman
Wandering in Darkness

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Ronnie's kind of nutty. Probably goes with the territory when you're a mass murderer who doesn't seem to mind slaughtering your own family.

Ronnie burst into a local bar one evening in 1974 saying, "Someone has shot my family." Since that day, he has made up lies about what happened and about who killed who. Unfortunately for him, he confessed to the murders once to the police and a second time in open court. That was pretty much enough for a jury to send him up the river.

But it didn't stop him. His confession to the crimes didn't keep him from continuing to change his story, putting the blame on everyone from a mafioso to his own mother and sister.

As the story goes, "the voices" was part of an act meant to convince the jury that Ronnie should be put in a mental hospital instead of jail. His story was never a supernatural one, but a psychological one. At one point he said the voices were his family, all together in one room plotting against him earlier that night. I think another time he said he heard the voice of God.

On one occasion, long after the Lutzes reported the house was haunted, Ronnie gave an interview to Hans Holzer. Ronnie told Hans that the house was haunted and everything. Ronnie later claimed he was just telling Hans "what he wanted to hear" since Holzer was interviewing Ronnie for a book project that involved his attorney and which was to give Ronnie money for his participation. Ronnie apparently has never before or since claimed that the house was haunted, and he calls the Lutzes' story BS.

There's a very good book about the murders written by the prosecuting attorney called "High Hopes." It pretty much explains everything.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Tim » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:59 pm

There was a certain member here on the board, who was kind enough to pdf file me the "High Hopes" file, and thankfully, I was able to get an insight to the truth behind the confessions as well as the mindset of RDJr..The actual accounts of his story are chilling..It is the actual interviews with the haunting that make this story so compelling.IMO

One just seems to feed off the other.
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:22 am

For a clear, no-nonsense look at Ronnie DeFeo's life, you can always go here where his wife hangs out:

http://thetruthabouttheamityvillehorror ... m/forums/1
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Dutchcolonial » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:54 am

Tracey, you ignorant......................

Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

Postby csullivan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:07 am

Dutchcolonial wrote:Tracey, you ignorant......................

lol...thanks for making me laugh ihave not done that in a while
csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Postby csullivan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:12 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:For a clear, no-nonsense look at Ronnie DeFeo's life, you can always go here where his wife hangs out:

http://thetruthabouttheamityvillehorror ... m/forums/1

i dont undrstand her why would she marry someone that is in jail she has to have some seriious issues ...to me that is just sick and twisted
csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Postby Architect of light 75 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:09 am

Interesting again...

This man is in jail for decades now, I mean he can't be on drugs anymore (or at least take drugs himself). So, he must be mentally ill for real, what do you think ?

Sad story.
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:00 am

I don't know if he's on drugs or not, but you can get illegal drugs in prison. Lots of ways to smuggle in contraband, including corrupt prison guards.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Return to DeFeo Discussion