2005 parole hearing transcripts

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Postby Morning Glory » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:18 am

All I have to say is Ron jr. BS, BS,BS.......I caught the slip up on page 7 too. "I left the house after I shot my family....I left the house after I shot my mother and father." Duh.....Ron repeat that!..
Drugs can do alot to someone's brains....Ron clearly used them a lot...I've seen many in my own family messed up from drugs. I've seen the violence and change in personality too. Drugs are all a junkie lives for. So, I agree, maybe his father tried to get him clean and Ron retaliated. He was on probation and had to take drug tests....that tells me that his parents probably were trying to help him.....and he took it as a threat to his life.
I don't believe the pool stick thing either. His head would have been cracked open. I mean the amount of force it takes to beak a pool stick.....he would of been killed! Too bad that didn't happen.
Morning Glory
Amityville Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:03 pm

Yes - as Max points out, in the 2003 parole attempt, Ronnie explains that it was a broomstick that was cracked over his head. These parole documents are pure gold. I like how the parole officers don't let Ronnie go off-track and ignore direct questions. They must be used to that kind of evasion from various prisoners...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby msmart112 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:26 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Yes - as Max points out, in the 2003 parole attempt, Ronnie explains that it was a broomstick that was cracked over his head. These parole documents are pure gold. I like how the parole officers don't let Ronnie go off-track and ignore direct questions. They must be used to that kind of evasion from various prisoners...

Yeah...it's amusing how Ronnie changes his stories during his parole hearings.

Here's Ronnie...in 1999...claiming that he ONLY killed Dawn...

...and here's Ronnie...in 2003...claiming that he NEVER said that he only killed Dawn...

And to think that some people actually blame the AH for Ronnie not having been paroled by now. :roll:
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:25 pm

If Ronnie says "no," then it is so...

And just like in the OJ trial, its true because it rhymes... :D

Isn't that right, jury?

:applause::applause::applause:
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby OrangeNblack » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:06 am

When Ronnie says that Allison was the only one who came out of her room, is he saying that when she heard the gun fire she came to see what the noise was?
"Keep the colors of orange and black in your heart year round.
I love Halloween."
OrangeNblack
MR-LA-DJ

Postby VicRealty » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:07 am

Did Ronnie have his 9/07 hearing?
VicRealty
Amityville Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:15 am

We haven't gotten the 2007 transcript yet.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby VicRealty » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:23 am

Is it possible he may say the same thing twice? I know the parole board can! :D
VicRealty
Amityville Member

Postby Howard64 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:39 am

ronnie says he fought with dawn and took the rifle??

horse puckey...

did he take the time to cover her back up and place her ina position where she looked natural??

ALAS!! if he had then it would be premeditated!!!

But then again she could have been asleep when it happened...

either way dawn is was killed.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Re: 2005 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Brendan72 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Although these transcripts offer a look into the criminally-inclined mind, and the behaviours of a sociopathic individual, it does not offer anything in the form of a revelation. Granted it does make us confront the notion of how a criminal mind works, in the case of Ronald DeFeo Jr it doesn't offer us any real insight other than that of desperation and attention-seeking. But this is not uncommon amongst the criminal brethren in the confines of the penal system, definitely not anything new to parol board members. The only positive thing Butch DeFeo offers us now is a clear understanding of the depths of which a less-advanced criminal mind operates.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Dan the Damned » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:15 pm

I think they serve as evidence of Ronnie's deceit and guilt -- important (for those who aren't yet aware) to see. And they help prevent people from coming 'round and rewriting history -- trying to get people thinking Ronnie is innocent, or that Ronnie has been truthful all along, or that he's stuck to one story over the years.

But yes, they aren't a revelation to us here, as we already know Ronnie is clearly a liar and a murderer.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:17 pm

I enjoyed reading the transcripts. Thanks
Like a child left to roam, you found me, your arms were my home
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Re:

Postby 35Marlin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:36 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:At least the doctor didn't come back to Ronnie and inform him that he was pregnant...

I'm an avid listener of the Howard Stern Show, and one of Howard's sidekicks - Artie Lange - was addicted to heroin for a while. Over the years Artie has told lots of stories relating to his troubles with drugs and the effects they have on the body, etc.

Just the other week the topic of Artie's heroin use again came up during the discussion. Artie described that first heroin high as the most beautiful, wonderful, amazing high he ever experienced, and it'd typically last about 2 hours.

But then the only trouble is you never get that same amazing high again. The highs become less remarkable, and pretty soon you start feeling real sick between doses - so instead of doing heroin to get high, you're suddenly doing heroin just to feel normal - just to get rid of the horrible sick feeling that overwhelms you. There's no more high - the "high" is what it used to feel normally before he started using heroine.

Reading these parole documents, Ronnie clearly states his similar experience - that he was doing heroine to feel normal, not to get high.

I can just picture Ronnie on the night of the murders. I can just imagine that he's a messed up druggie, and his father kept bringing him back to the house because Ronnie needed help.

I imagine Ronnie that night - shaking, shivering and sweating - needing a heroine fix. Maybe his father thought Ronnie could just sweat it out and detox at home or something - I don't know. But I can see Ronnie just feeling so bad that he literally loses control and shoots his parents.

And where did he hide a bunch of evidence? Brooklyn. That's where the family lived before moving to Amityville. And I bet that's still the place where Ronnie bought his drugs.

I know some people disagree with my theory, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if all this mess wasn't due to Ronnie needing a fix...

I have to tell you this is the same theory I have been thinking about. I was a heroin user for 15 years and Ill tell you what being dope sick could drive you to kill. Heroin really :) love :) your world up. BTW im clean well on methadone now. But I think you have a point with that theory. At least it had to add to the whole mess....
35Marlin
Amityville Member

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:28 pm

35 Marlin-Thanks for sharing your personal experiences here. I congratuate you on getting clean! I am sure that had to be a hard thing to concur in your life!
Like a child left to roam, you found me, your arms were my home
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby OnTheMarkTexas » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:49 am

Notice that Butch makes references to a neighbor coming out of her house, accompained by an unidentified male, and how they both look over at the DeFeo house without calling the police? Do you think this was Diana (and possibly) Rufus Ireland he was referring to?

Funny how it took him 31 years to remember that little tid bit.
Last edited by OnTheMarkTexas on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Beauty fades but stupidity is for life."
- OnTheMarkTexas
OnTheMarkTexas
Amityville Addict

Re:

Postby OnTheMarkTexas » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:55 am

msmart112 wrote:Or...maybe Ronnie lies so much that he can't keep his stories straight?

BINGO !!!
- OnTheMarkTexas
OnTheMarkTexas
Amityville Addict

Postby Rokiisun » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:00 pm

OnTheMarkTexas wrote:Notice that Butch makes references to a neighbor coming out of her house, accompained by an unidentired male, and how they both look over at the DeFeo house without calling the police? Do you think this was Diana (and possibly) Rufus Ireland he was referring to?

Maybe it was two neighbours just being curious, or maybe, they never came out their house at all? Maybe Ronnie was just seeing things...
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby OnTheMarkTexas » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:51 am

Rokiisun wrote:Maybe it was two neighbours just being curious, or maybe, they never came out their house at all? Maybe Ronnie was just seeing things...

Yeah, or mabye he's just making sh-t up ... again.

He's totally past the point of anyone believing anything that comes out of his mouth ... well, except for those lonely, insecure types who would marry him just for the notiority.
- OnTheMarkTexas
OnTheMarkTexas
Amityville Addict

Postby ChristinaRenay » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:29 pm

It's kinda weird how he can recall things that happened before the murders & remembers what the date was they were killed, but can't recollect what happened the night of the murders. :roll:
ChristinaRenay
Amityville Member

Previous

Return to DeFeo Discussion