Page 1 of 2

2005 parole hearing transcripts

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:44 pm
by msmart112
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:25 pm
by Dan the Damned
Big slipup on page 7! "I left the house after I shot my family." :shock:

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:33 pm
by msmart112
Dan the Damned wrote:Big slipup on page 7! "I left the house after I shot my family." :shock:
GREAT CATCH!

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:06 pm
by Brendan72
How is a human being able to get up and walk after being smashed over the head with a pool cue? Nobody is capapbe of having that happen. One of those things hits you hard enough it is lights out with some serious head trauma.

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:14 pm
by msmart112
Brendan72 wrote:How is a human being able to get up and walk after being smashed over the head with a pool cue?
Good question!

Another question is...how did a broomstick (from the 2003 parole hearing transcripts) all of a sudden become a pool stick in 2005?

Maybe the blow to the head clouded Ronnie's memory?

Or...maybe Ronnie lies so much that he can't keep his stories straight?

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:42 pm
by Dan the Damned
Do you think Ronnie is trying to insinuate anything on page 7 by referencing his friend (arriving at the house at exactly 3:15am to see the house lit up like an Xmas tree) and mentioning loud music playing when he came back home?

Do you guys think he might have been trying to desperately slip in some possible supernatural elements in there?

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:59 pm
by Brendan72
I think it was Sherry Klein who drove past the house at around the time of the murders and noticed every light in the house turned on. It is claimed in the book High Hopes that Klein (or whoever) knew (and I think dated) DeFeo a few times.

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:08 pm
by Dan the Damned
Yeah, its just odd how Ronnie describes the time of her visit as 3:15am, and then goes on to mention how there was loud music playing when he returned home. It seems to me like he's referencing those two things from the haunting on purpose (George waking up at 3:15 and hearing the music from downstairs).

Like maybe Ronnie wants one of the parole officers to jump up and say, "Hey! Those are things the Lutzes experienced! Maybe you were possessed and should be freed?!?"

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:59 am
by astonio
Brendan72 wrote:I think it was Sherry Klein who drove past the house at around the time of the murders and noticed every light in the house turned on. It is claimed in the book High Hopes that Klein (or whoever) knew (and I think dated) DeFeo a few times.
From HH, it is stated the woman who drove past the house and noted all the lights on was Deborah Cosentino...a barmaid returning home from work that morning.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:06 am
by sherbetbizarre
...and she wasn't looking for Ronnie.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:28 pm
by msmart112
Q. You're telling me on the one hand, you were able to do the heroin and drink a fifth of scotch a day, and your body is used to it, and you're able to function at work, but when it comes to this horrific act where human beings' lives were taken, let alone family members, at this point, you black out, and you can't remember, that's what you're telling me?

A. I love my family.

Q. That is a yes or no question.

And to think that certain people actually blame the parole board for Ronnie not being released. :roll:

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:39 pm
by Dan the Damned
I agree. Its amazing that he even gets the chance at parole.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:45 pm
by Howard64
i sincerely hope that tax payer money does not go to these parole hearings...

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:42 pm
by Brendan72
Dan the Damned wrote:I agree. Its amazing that he even gets the chance at parole.
Even Charlie Manson gets parole hearings ... I believe he has not turned up to any of his in some time ... just sends a legal representative I think.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:44 pm
by Brendan72
Howard64 wrote:i sincerely hope that tax payer money does not go to these parole hearings...
maybe a caring tax-payer should take a photo of the DeFeo victims along to each parole hearing ... and put it on the desk for the parole board to see.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:28 pm
by msmart112
“I will tell you, me and Dawn were using drugs. Dawn was into heroin. Her boyfriend testified she was using marijuana and a lot of angel dust back then. I got her the drugs. I would go out and buy certain things, marijuana, angel dust, methadone. I’m guilty to contributing to giving her that.”

From a November 18, 1974 New York Times article…

“Babylon probation officer William P Benjamin discloses that DeFeo was given 15 urine analysis tests between June and October and that 2 of tests showed traces of quinine, indicating heroin use.”

From chapter four of High Hopes…

“For instance, how could he get away with using heroin while he was on probation – didn’t his probation officer ask for urine samples? Ronnie told them how he faked the man out. If he’d been shooting up, he would get his sister, Dawn, to give him a urine specimen. At the probation office, he’d go into the bathroom and make believe he was urinating. Then he’d bring back Dawn’s specimen as the sample.”

So if Dawn was using heroin, marijuana, angel dust, and methadone…as well as LSD and mescaline (as William Davidge claimed in his affidavit)…and Ronnie was using Dawn’s urine to pass his UA tests…how could 13 out of 15 tests in the six months leading up to the murders have come back clean?

Surely Ronnie didn’t stop using drugs during that period…as he along with his best friend both stated that Ronnie was a DAILY heroin user back then.

I guess the answer is…Dawn wasn’t the “junkie” that Ronnie has made her out to be.

No surprise there.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:58 pm
by Dan the Damned
At least the doctor didn't come back to Ronnie and inform him that he was pregnant...



I'm an avid listener of the Howard Stern Show, and one of Howard's sidekicks - Artie Lange - was addicted to heroin for a while. Over the years Artie has told lots of stories relating to his troubles with drugs and the effects they have on the body, etc.

Just the other week the topic of Artie's heroin use again came up during the discussion. Artie described that first heroin high as the most beautiful, wonderful, amazing high he ever experienced, and it'd typically last about 2 hours.

But then the only trouble is you never get that same amazing high again. The highs become less remarkable, and pretty soon you start feeling real sick between doses - so instead of doing heroin to get high, you're suddenly doing heroin just to feel normal - just to get rid of the horrible sick feeling that overwhelms you. There's no more high - the "high" is what it used to feel normally before he started using heroine.

Reading these parole documents, Ronnie clearly states his similar experience - that he was doing heroine to feel normal, not to get high.

I can just picture Ronnie on the night of the murders. I can just imagine that he's a messed up druggie, and his father kept bringing him back to the house because Ronnie needed help.

I imagine Ronnie that night - shaking, shivering and sweating - needing a heroine fix. Maybe his father thought Ronnie could just sweat it out and detox at home or something - I don't know. But I can see Ronnie just feeling so bad that he literally loses control and shoots his parents.

And where did he hide a bunch of evidence? Brooklyn. That's where the family lived before moving to Amityville. And I bet that's still the place where Ronnie bought his drugs.

I know some people disagree with my theory, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if all this mess wasn't due to Ronnie needing a fix...

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:32 am
by BillyCigars
msmart112 wrote:“I will tell you, me and Dawn were using drugs. Dawn was into heroin. Her boyfriend testified she was using marijuana and a lot of angel dust back then. I got her the drugs. I would go out and buy certain things, marijuana, angel dust, methadone. I’m guilty to contributing to giving her that.”

From a November 18, 1974 New York Times article…

“Babylon probation officer William P Benjamin discloses that DeFeo was given 15 urine analysis tests between June and October and that 2 of tests showed traces of quinine, indicating heroin use.”

From chapter four of High Hopes…

“For instance, how could he get away with using heroin while he was on probation – didn’t his probation officer ask for urine samples? Ronnie told them how he faked the man out. If he’d been shooting up, he would get his sister, Dawn, to give him a urine specimen. At the probation office, he’d go into the bathroom and make believe he was urinating. Then he’d bring back Dawn’s specimen as the sample.”

So if Dawn was using heroin, marijuana, angel dust, and methadone…as well as LSD and mescaline (as William Davidge claimed in his affidavit)…and Ronnie was using Dawn’s urine to pass his UA tests…how could 13 out of 15 tests in the six months leading up to the murders have come back clean?

Surely Ronnie didn’t stop using drugs during that period…as he along with his best friend both stated that Ronnie was a DAILY heroin user back then.

I guess the answer is…Dawn wasn’t the “junkie” that Ronnie has made her out to be.

No surprise there.
Great point!

I AGREE WITH YOU!

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:04 am
by Dutchcolonial
Dan the Damned wrote:At least the doctor didn't come back to Ronnie and inform him that he was pregnant...



I'm an avid listener of the Howard Stern Show, and one of Howard's sidekicks - Artie Lange - was addicted to heroin for a while. Over the years Artie has told lots of stories relating to his troubles with drugs and the effects they have on the body, etc.

Just the other week the topic of Artie's heroin use again came up during the discussion. Artie described that first heroin high as the most beautiful, wonderful, amazing high he ever experienced, and it'd typically last about 2 hours.

But then the only trouble is you never get that same amazing high again. The highs become less remarkable, and pretty soon you start feeling real sick between doses - so instead of doing heroin to get high, you're suddenly doing heroin just to feel normal - just to get rid of the horrible sick feeling that overwhelms you. There's no more high - the "high" is what it used to feel normally before he started using heroine.

Reading these parole documents, Ronnie clearly states his similar experience - that he was doing heroine to feel normal, not to get high.

I can just picture Ronnie on the night of the murders. I can just imagine that he's a messed up druggie, and his father kept bringing him back to the house because Ronnie needed help.

I imagine Ronnie that night - shaking, shivering and sweating - needing a heroine fix. Maybe his father thought Ronnie could just sweat it out and detox at home or something - I don't know. But I can see Ronnie just feeling so bad that he literally loses control and shoots his parents.

And where did he hide a bunch of evidence? Brooklyn. That's where the family lived before moving to Amityville. And I bet that's still the place where Ronnie bought his drugs.

I know some people disagree with my theory, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if all this mess wasn't due to Ronnie needing a fix...
So he gets out, moves to SC.........give 'im a couple months, he goes berserk again..........then he has Tracey with nice chianti?

Dutch.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:07 am
by sherbetbizarre
Dan the Damned wrote:And where did he hide a bunch of evidence? Brooklyn. That's where the family lived before moving to Amityville. And I bet that's still the place where Ronnie bought his drugs.
It's also where he worked.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:14 pm
by BellWitch74
msmart112 wrote:
Brendan72 wrote: Another question is...how did a broomstick (from the 2003 parole hearing transcripts) all of a sudden become a pool stick in 2005?


That's what I thought. Which was it?
And again, why blame it on authorities who "should've done something" to him? Passing the buck . . . . I suppose my babysitter should've yanked me off the bed when I was five instead of just telling me not to jump on it. If she had I wouldn't have busted my knee open on the frame and I wouldn't have this ugly scar today. It was her fault, really. :roll: