Possible origin of the “bloody shoes” photo?

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Possible origin of the “bloody shoes” photo?

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Which has been debunked by Ric's own publisher and close friend!
Ouch!

If Shat Hopes deviates too much from TNTDD then there's a problem - Gerri gave that book her seal of approval from start to finish!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Jeepers! Well then, we'll just have to watch Ryan's film real closely when it's released and report our findings. I notice his May preview screening is being pushed back, but he still has time to muck about with a new trailer and his cosmic musings on the ghostie boy photo... :doh:

vance
Amityville Member

Post by vance » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Thank You everyone. This was quite a thread and that link from Sherbetbizzare was incredible! It's the first time I've seen a picture of Vito. I didn't remember what the house looked like so I couldn't help there and someone said it wasn't there anymore, I'll have to drive by some time and see for myself.
I just had to jump in when coscia22 tried to claim his uncle was innocent and Karen's mom did it with her friend and were lesbians, blah, blah. The link with info that she was also raped put that to rest and Coscia never checked back in.
I never did ask my mom if the police contacted her for a possible witness account as we dropped Karen off so late that night but I guess they had Vito so that was that. The note at the end of Sherbetbizzare's link saying Vito got 15-life and died in jail in 2006 was good to see. 32 years and he never made parole as he shouldn't have. None of that do seven and your out BS. Justice.
One day I'll find where her grave is and maybe even her brother, just to pay my respects as I was never given the chance to and that will be that.

Again, thank you for all the info.

Vance

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Why does Ryans page read that HE was the one to break this story? The time stamps on MAX's posts are MONTHS earlier than his "discovery". :think:
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:12 pm

Strange, isn't it? Does Ryan exclude this board from his research? Is he pretending that he doesn't read our board? We know he does. He has an account here and has posted here. Heck, he's even investigated some of us. And not just the admins and mods, but some of our regulars. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the post Kenneth Boyd just made. Ryan not only knew his username on facebook but also snooped around and found his matching AT board account. He probably even knows the mileage on Kenneth's car... :shock:

vance
Amityville Member

Post by vance » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:20 pm

A little credit to the group of amazing sleuths on this board would have been nice and deserved. You guys don't leave a single stone un-turned!

High Hopes
High Hopes on Ocean Avenue

Post by High Hopes » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:40 am

Dan the Damned wrote:Strange, isn't it? Does Ryan exclude this board from his research? Is he pretending that he doesn't read our board? We know he does. He has an account here and has posted here. Heck, he's even investigated some of us. And not just the admins and mods, but some of our regulars. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the post Kenneth Boyd just made. Ryan not only knew his username on facebook but also snooped around and found his matching AT board account. He probably even knows the mileage on Kenneth's car... :shock:

This is very true guys. I await to be contacted again from Ryan. He will most likely read what i have posted here an not respond. Which that is ok with me. That wolf already showed hes hidding under sheeps wool. Hes watching this threard pretty damn hard to know who I was. I have never given my real name on here before. (i dont think i have an if i did it was when i first joined, like two years ago) But NOBODY would have remembered it cause there no reason too. Threw me in shock to think he went threw all that trouble over me saying, "Here is the trailer and website for the film. The acting is horrible. No Oscars for this film." Instead of researching US he needs to be researching Geraldine Gates!
"The wheel locked" I'd blame Detorit, a lot faster than I would the Devil!

vance
Amityville Member

Post by vance » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:50 am

Everyone here certainly knew the seventh body and bloody shoes were wrong but I must say the link to Ryan's page has the absolute positive proof of what pictures came from where etc. I'm glad Karen's picture will no longer be tied to Amityville. Of course if it hadn't, I may never have found all this information.

Thank You truthboard AND Ryan.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:46 am

vance wrote:I'm glad Karen's picture will no longer be tied to Amityville. Of course if it hadn't, I may never have found all this information.
That's true, but it was very wrong she was tied to Amityville in the first place! Glad you stopped by with your knowledge of the tragic case.

pfl
Amityville Member

Post by pfl » Sun May 06, 2012 1:51 pm

I am new here. I am more interested in the true story of the DeFeo's rather than the ghost stories. I am a true crime reader and finally was able to gain access to High Hopes which will be shippingto me soon.

I came across this and decided to cross reference the Karen DeGennaro case and I found this:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/murders?before=1317185905

What does anyone think about this? :shock:

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Sun May 06, 2012 4:10 pm

pfl wrote:I am new here. I am more interested in the true story of the DeFeo's rather than the ghost stories. I am a true crime reader and finally was able to gain access to High Hopes which will be shippingto me soon.

I came across this and decided to cross reference the Karen DeGennaro case and I found this:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/murders?before=1317185905

What does anyone think about this? :shock:
Is this what you mean?
1975: makes four different claims, saying four separate people were responsible: Tony Mazzeo, Booby Kelske, Mr. DeGennaro and sister Dawn.
I'm not 100% on this but I think that DeGennaro is not related to Karen.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.