Peter DeFeo a New York mobster and member of the mafia ?

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Peter DeFeo a New York mobster and member of the mafia ?

Postby Architect of light 75 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:47 am

Hi all,

Have you heard about that review ?

:arrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_DeFeo

Have a nice day :idea:
Last edited by Architect of light 75 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Re: Peter DeFeo a New York mobster and member of the mafia ?

Postby Victoria Principles » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:42 am

It was a well known fact the DeFeo's had mob ties. It was one of the reasons their neighbors feared them.

But the mob doesn't kill families and children.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby msmart112 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:54 am

Victoria Principles wrote:It was a well known fact the DeFeo's had mob ties. It was one of the reasons their neighbors feared them.

Which neighbors feared them?
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby Victoria Principles » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:52 am

msmart112 wrote:
Victoria Principles wrote:It was a well known fact the DeFeo's had mob ties. It was one of the reasons their neighbors feared them.

Which neighbors feared them?

Read the independent accounts of the case. The neighbors did not care for either Ronnie Sr. or Ronnie Jr. One of the theories as to why the neighbors didn't hear the shots was that they thought it was a mafia hit and feared coming forward.

The DeFeos were far from being an angelic family.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby msmart112 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:24 am

Victoria Principles wrote:The neighbors did not care for either Ronnie Sr. or Ronnie Jr.

Which neighbors?
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby BellWitch74 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm

Technically they're not supposed to, like technically they're not supposed to deal drugs either . . . .
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby Victoria Principles » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:10 pm

msmart112 wrote:
Victoria Principles wrote:The neighbors did not care for either Ronnie Sr. or Ronnie Jr.

Which neighbors?

How am I to know their names. But here is a link.
http://www.castleofspirits.com/amitycultural.html

Investigators were also amazed neighbors in houses 40 odd feet away from 'High Hopes' heard nothing, however when they were assured by police that the murders weren't Mafia related they told them that they had heard gunshots that fateful night but never reported them knowing the family had underworld connections and were frightened of mob reprisals. They also reported the family dog 'Shaggy' barked and howled mournfully, tied up outside the animal grasped the fate which was befalling its family inside.[url][/url]
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby zzvampy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:26 pm

It was one of the reasons their neighbors feared them.

I've never heard anything substantial ( other than Osuna's ridiculous claims ) to indicate that any of the DeFeo neighbor's feared "them".

They may have feared Ronnie and what Ronnie was capable of, ( and who could blame them? ) but fear of the Family as a whole?

In fact, this is how neighbors described the DeFeo family:

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Postby msmart112 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:17 pm

From the November 15, 1974 issue of Newsday, Nita Ireland (who lived across the street from the DeFeo family on South Ireland Place) said, “they kept pretty much to themselves, but were not unliked by their neighbors”.

From the New York Times a day earlier...

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby msmart112 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:16 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:How am I to know their names.

Through research.

Victoria Principles wrote:But here is a link.
http://www.castleofspirits.com/amitycultural.html

"The DeFeo's had blood ties to organized crime syndicates on both branches of the family, so a mob connection was automatically suspected and supported by the Medical Examiner Dr. Howard Alderman who believed at least three people had been involved in the mass murder."

:roll:

"Investigators were also amazed neighbors in houses 40 odd feet away from 'High Hopes' heard nothing, however when they were assured by police that the murders weren't Mafia related they told them that they had heard gunshots that fateful night but never reported them knowing the family had underworld connections and were frightened of mob reprisals."

:roll:
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby msmart112 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:32 pm

zzvampy wrote:I've never heard anything substantial ( other than Osuna's ridiculous claims ) to indicate that any of the DeFeo neighbor's feared "them".

I've never heard any such nonsense either.

zzvampy wrote:In fact, this is how neighbors described the DeFeo family:

Here's a video clip of one of the DeFeo neighbors describing the family...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9C2IMTHEWQ

And here's what Adele Fagan had to say about the family (she lived in the neighborhood...and her daughter and Dawn were best friends)...

"De Feo has had his day in court. This challenging child who grew into a merciless killer came from a loving family who tried to love him. They weren't perfect, they fought a lot and probably gave their children too much too soon. But they also had an abiding religious faith, friends and family who shared their dreams and aspirations. Like the sign hung in their yard, they had High Hopes."
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby Architect of light 75 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:21 am

Hi guys.

Thanks for your info.

After all what I heard and read about it I could not assure that the mob doesn't kill families and children. I believe they also use explosives for attacks sometime and it has already killed many children.

How do you know that Victoria Principles ?

Have a nice day :idea:

:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby SilkyPup » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:10 am

I'm sorry but everytime I hear that the deFeo's had mob ties I feel like I may go into a laughing fit. Then I feel mildly insulted, then I laugh again.

May I also take a moment to point out that "DeFeo" is actually a common Italian last name?

The mere idea of this is so absurd I hate to waste my time on it yet again.

Since it's friday and I really dont feel like getting myself annoyed to much before I start my day [and it will be a long one here at work, I assure you] let me point out one "common sense" item about this. Let's entertain the notion that the DeFeo's had mob ties. I can guarantee you that Jr would not be sitting in jail right now, rather he would be dead. Whether he killed his family or not. If he killed his family he'd be dead for the simple fact that to the LCN family is a sacred thing, and secondly NO ONE messes with kids. Now, if he hadn't killed his family he'd be dead as an effort to shut him up before he could say anything. That's not to mention the fact that his drug use would be an embarassment to his family, and by extension the LCN.
Im not little, Im funsize!
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby Victoria Principles » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:26 am

There was a video somewhere on Youtube where an investagating officer said Brigante (the mother's father) went to the police and told them the murders weren't mob related because the mob doesn't do families. I can't find it now as it may have been taken down due to copyright issues.

And here is what Pat Cammaroto had to say about Sr. and Jr.

Take a Good Look At My Face

"The guy was a scumbag," says Pat Cammaroto, a retired Amityville police sergeant who still lives around the block from the DeFeo house and once busted Ronnie for being in possession of a stolen outboard motor. "Anybody who can kill his family, brothers and sisters. The father, I can understand, 'cause he was a scumbag, too."

http://www.villagevoice.com/livoice/9942,feature,9380,0.html

The neighbors after the murder are not going to say negative things about the families. No one does that around the time of a person's death publicly.

Quit sugarcoating the DeFeo household for something they were not. You are living in denial and fantasy land.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby SilkyPup » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:55 am

There was a video somewhere on Youtube where an investagating officer said Brigante (the mother's father) went to the police and told them the murders weren't mob related because the mob doesn't do families.

That, and they had no ties.
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby ToxiMoron » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:32 am

SilkyPup wrote:Let's entertain the notion that the DeFeo's had mob ties. I can guarantee you that Jr would not be sitting in jail right now, rather he would be dead. Whether he killed his family or not. If he killed his family he'd be dead for the simple fact that to the LCN family is a sacred thing, and secondly NO ONE messes with kids. Now, if he hadn't killed his family he'd be dead as an effort to shut him up before he could say anything. That's not to mention the fact that his drug use would be an embarassment to his family, and by extension the LCN.

Indeed. Add the fact that this whole Peter DeFeo article is posted on Wiki. While not a sure reliable source of information in of itself, one of the sources listed for this Wiki article is none other than...
RIC OSUNA!!
:lol: :lol: :roll:
ToxiMoron
Amityville Addict

Postby BellWitch74 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:37 am

Why am I not surprised that Ric Osuna is considered a credible source on wiki? :roll:
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby SilkyPup » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:53 am

Well, if good ole Ric says so, it must be true! :roll:
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby zzvampy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:58 am

Quit sugarcoating the DeFeo household for something they were not. You are living in denial and fantasy land.

Sugarcoating? Erm, again, all we have is hearsay. There is not ONE solid bit of evidence to either prove or disprove for that matter, that this was anything other than a normal family with some possible dysfunction.

Until there is some actual solid evidence stating otherwise, I will continue to believe that Mr. DeFeo Sr. has been slandered in the worst possible way imaginable.

Truly tragic.
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Postby BellWitch74 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:05 am

We can't be certain what happened in that house as the only true word and witness we have is a killer. Did DeFeo Sr abuse his kids like Ronnie says? Who knows. Did he not? Who knows. Either way, doesn't excuse the murders. If it was that bad, leave. He was old enough when he killed them to just leave instead of committing murder.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby SilkyPup » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:20 am

Exactly, Bellwitch. I am willing to entertain the idea of abuse....but there's always the possibility to leave. My father grew up in horrible conditions. What did he do? Moved out at 17 and that was it. He sees his mother, but he has not spend one night under her roof since he was 17.
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Next

Return to DeFeo Discussion