Peter DeFeo a New York mobster and member of the mafia ?

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Postby Victoria Principles » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:10 pm

SilkyPup wrote:
There was a video somewhere on Youtube where an investagating officer said Brigante (the mother's father) went to the police and told them the murders weren't mob related because the mob doesn't do families.

That, and they had no ties.

Why not find out what happened to the auto dealership.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby SilkyPup » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:17 pm

Let me guess. The car dealership mysteriously went under.
Im not little, Im funsize!
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby Victoria Principles » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:20 pm

SilkyPup wrote:Let me guess. The car dealership mysteriously went under.

Let's just say an Uncle his hands on it. Uncle Sam in 75 or 76.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby SilkyPup » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:23 pm

That means nothing. Actually it happens all the time to various businesses. And, it happens for any variety of reasons.
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby Victoria Principles » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:28 pm

BellWitch74 wrote:We can't be certain what happened in that house as the only true word and witness we have is a killer. Did DeFeo Sr abuse his kids like Ronnie says? Who knows. Did he not? Who knows. Either way, doesn't excuse the murders. If it was that bad, leave. He was old enough when he killed them to just leave instead of committing murder.

It is no excuse for the murders, but you also have to look at the reasons that could have triggered the murders as well.

Ronnie friends, court testimony, police investigators, reporters such as Laura Didio all have said the same things about the DeFeo family makeup. Must be some kind of conspiracy.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Victoria Principles » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:30 pm

SilkyPup wrote:That means nothing. Actually it happens all the time to various businesses. And, it happens for any variety of reasons.

Uncle Sam doesn't seize property just because they feel like it. It certainly was not for eminent domain or taxes not being paid.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby SilkyPup » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:38 pm

Didio [from what I know] didn't know the family.

Uncle Sam certainly doesn't seize property for nothing, your right. but how do you know it wasn't due to taxes?

Let me put it this way: if the family had ties DeFeo would not be alive and in jail right now, whether he killed his family or not. That is of utmost certainty.
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby BellWitch74 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:38 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:
BellWitch74 wrote:We can't be certain what happened in that house as the only true word and witness we have is a killer. Did DeFeo Sr abuse his kids like Ronnie says? Who knows. Did he not? Who knows. Either way, doesn't excuse the murders. If it was that bad, leave. He was old enough when he killed them to just leave instead of committing murder.

It is no excuse for the murders, but you also have to look at the reasons that could have triggered the murders as well.

Ronnie friends, court testimony, police investigators, reporters such as Laura Didio all have said the same things about the DeFeo family makeup. Must be some kind of conspiracy.

I don't think there's any conspiracy, but people side differently on things like this, so there's just no way of knowing for sure. A lot of people agree that Sr was abusive, a lot of them say no.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby Howard64 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:07 pm

Good lord...mafioso ties again!?!?!?!

Some nutcase that had a drug and alchohol problem killed his family.

Do you honestly think that if there were any ties, they would have rubbed old liar face out long ago?

What a load of crapola...mobsters...ROFL!!!

*sounds like james cagney*

"You sent my brother ronnie to the big house...you dirty rats!!""
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby SilkyPup » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:12 pm

Howard's in rare form today!

:wink: my favorite old biker
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby Howard64 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:17 pm

hehe theres no movie tonight, im live:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Howard64 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:20 pm

I mean seriously, how much crap are we supposed to believe? ANd when we dont take someones word for it, we get poo poo'ed and called names...

What a freakin joke:)

Well justice is being served. Butchie is where he is supposed to be. Thats good enough for me:)
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby SilkyPup » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:25 pm

Im front row with my bag o'popcorn

The thing is, this mafia theory is so full of holes, I just saw a MAC truck drive through it. The main point being that DeFeo absolutely would not be alive if his family had ties. If the mob did it, they would have gotten to him to keep his mouth shut about his family's ties. On the other side of the coin, saying the mob didn't do it, he'd be dead because he either killed his family, and family is an important thing to the mafia, not to mention the murder of CHILDREN. or the fact that he's been accused, which is a rather large embarassment for the family his family had ties with.

Understand?

Now, if that doesn't sell you, how about his drug addiction, and how the mafia just loves that....
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby Howard64 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:27 pm

Well im not italian, nor do i have mob ties...(not even a silk one the Don wore on sundays)...but even an idiot can see a line of BS when its put in front of him.
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby zzvampy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:38 pm

OK, there are some who strongly believe that there were Mafia ties, or at the very least, Mafia related ties. Others do not believe.

Either way, and no matter your beliefs, here's a little something to consider.

When the DeFeo family lived in Brooklyn, they lived a rather basic, meager lifestyle. (In fact, the address of the DeFeo family's residence in Brooklyn, is now, today, considered the projects.)

Suddenly, they're living on Long Island in a large beautiful home and the kids are all attending private schools. And let's not forget the cars, the boats and the vacations...not to mention having a maid.

Mr. DeFeo Sr was a simple textile worker only a few years prior to moving his family to 112 Ocean Avenue.

Was the Dealership taking in that much business to support such lavish lifestyles between the DeFeo family as well as the Brigante family?

Thoughts?
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Postby SilkyPup » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:45 pm

And that is all something I definately wonder about myself, ZZ. Somehow a huge change was made. How?
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby ToxiMoron » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:12 pm

SilkyPup wrote:Im front row with my bag o'popcorn

The thing is, this mafia theory is so full of holes, I just saw a MAC truck drive through it. The main point being that DeFeo absolutely would not be alive if his family had ties.

Or they would have simply rubbed him out that night, while they were supposedly taking care of everyone else. At least with all of Butch's stories, he admits to being there (with a few exceptions, like the BS version with Louise & Dawn shooting the family).
As for the family all of a sudden becoming 'upwardly mobile,' wasn't Mr. Brigante extremely well off and supporting them in a way? I seem to remember Ronnie saying something to the effect of "how can my father be a man, when he's (Brigante), always around?"
(Pardon me if I'm getting the facts mixed up with Osuna's book; I've been reading so much lately I may be getting my info mixed up). :wink:
ToxiMoron
Amityville Addict

Postby leathermonkey » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:00 pm

I think the Defeos probably had mob connections, but I don't think the mob had anything to do with this crime. Butch probably didn't get "rubbed out" because he was guilty and the mob had nothing to fear because they were actually innocent in this one. Ronnie wasn't a patsy for anything, he simply did it, and rightfully took the fall.
leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Postby SilkyPup » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:08 am

LM, if you do some research into the mob you will see why they would have taken him out for murdering his family. this family had no ties. open and shut.

as for the defeos sudden wealth, mrs defeo's father owned the dealershipand thats lucrativehe also was known to give his daughter alot. my theory is brigante was giving his son in law abigger than normal paycut as a way for brigante to ensure his daughter and grandkids had the lifestyle he wished them to have.
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:37 am

SilkyPup wrote:LM, if you do some research into the mob you will see why they would have taken him out for murdering his family. this family had no ties. open and shut.

as for the defeos sudden wealth, mrs defeo's father owned the dealershipand thats lucrativehe also was known to give his daughter alot. my theory is brigante was giving his son in law abigger than normal paycut as a way for brigante to ensure his daughter and grandkids had the lifestyle he wished them to have.

The dealership was seized as part of a mob crackdown in the 70's. The Nile is not only river in Africa.

As for the mob killing junior is prison. There are many people the mob would like to rub out in prison. You don't hear about it because the mob doesn't want give the feds more ample evidence to come after them. They don't like to be front and center for the most part.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby ToxiMoron » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:03 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:The dealership was seized as part of a mob crackdown in the 70's.

Where did you get the proof of this? Any links?
ToxiMoron
Amityville Addict

PreviousNext

Return to DeFeo Discussion