Allison Defeo's crime scene photo

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Allison Defeo's crime scene photo

Postby OrangeNblack » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:25 pm

Hi everyone-
When the crime scene photo was taken of Allison DeFeo, she is lying on her stomach, and her leg is pulled up.
I notice that on Ronald Sr. is kind of in that position also.
Do you think Allison was put back in bed?

All of the other DeFeo family menbers are lying on the stomachs, and their legs are straight.
"Keep the colors of orange and black in your heart year round.
I love Halloween."
OrangeNblack
MR-LA-DJ

Allison

Postby Dutchcolonial » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:36 pm

I don't think Allison was placed back in bed. I think she was found the way she died. For one, the bullet found at the base of the wall under her headboard matched up with the line of fire. Second, her hands were under her pillow, a very natural way to position yourself when sleeping on your stomach. Finally, the resulting position of her left elbow matched the blood patterns on the bedclothes; that is, the blood ran from her head down her arm and down the side of the matress and box springs onto the carpet. Ronnie is a bastard.

Dutchcolonial.
“From trees to boathouses, Ocean Avenue was a street of American dreams. And what happened at 112 was a suburban tragedy.” G. SULLIVAN

“I want no part of the world out there. As far as I’m concerned, out there, there is nothing but trouble, disease, animals. I want no part of the world. In here at night when we lock in, they lock us in the cells. I feel safe, that nobody is going to get me. I feel fine. I really like that…..” RJD, JR.,October 15, 1975
Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

Postby zzvampy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi Gary,

Dawn DeFeo was also on her stomach. Her right leg was slightly extended and bent at the knee.

IMO, quite a natural sleeping position.

As for Allison being moved, I don't personally believe she was moved.

Judging by the appearance of her facial expression, it appears as though she was startled awake and stared straight down the barrel of her killer's weapon.
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Postby leathermonkey » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:08 am

zzvampy wrote:Judging by the appearance of her facial expression, it appears as though she was startled awake and stared straight down the barrel of her killer's weapon.

I've seen that photo of her face. It's one of the most disturbing photos I've seen... ever. I agree with your statement about being startled awake, and then being killed where she slept. Not moved IMO.
leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Postby NightOdyssey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:22 pm

leathermonkey wrote:
zzvampy wrote:Judging by the appearance of her facial expression, it appears as though she was startled awake and stared straight down the barrel of her killer's weapon.

I've seen that photo of her face. It's one of the most disturbing photos I've seen... ever. I agree with your statement about being startled awake, and then being killed where she slept. Not moved IMO.

Where have you seen this photo at? I've seen the crime scene pictures at another site and it doesn't show it.
NightOdyssey
Amityville Member

Postby fairlyodd_58 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:48 am

Allison and Dawn had it the worst. The bullet completely ruined Allison's beautiful face and the left side of Dawn's face was blown off.
fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Postby t00nCiNaToR » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:29 am

NightOdyssey wrote:Where have you seen this photo at? I've seen the crime scene pictures at another site and it doesn't show it.

These are in the Autopsy photos, not very nice to look at, trust me. But I still say Dawns was the worst, although her face did not get blown off as was said, her skull did colapse making her head/face look very deformed. At least(Thank God) for the girls, Death was instantaneous, wich is more than I can say for the rest of the family who could have lived from seconds to minutes after being shot.
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.
t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Postby Blondiegrrl » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:00 pm

This thread is making me queasy.

Carry on! :lol:
~ Andrea ~

Blondiegrrl
Amityville Member

Postby Living Dead Girl » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:38 pm

ive also seen photos of her body, her eyes were open and its the saddest site i have ever seen, i cried for hours. the way i came across them was most unpleasant, someone on imdb posted a link and didn't say what they were of, just said it was a rare photo of Allison, so i click thinking it will just be a family photo or something i hadn't seen before, and i was stunned. i may had seen another photo a little like this before but this was worse.
Living Dead Girl
Zombie Sushi in the Pond of Life

Location: Bates Motel-4019 highway 113 Fairvale County California,

Postby fairlyodd_58 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 pm

I can't imagine what she went through when she saw her brother, whom she was very close to, or her sister point a gun at her and shoot her in the face.
fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Allison

Postby Matt16 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:16 am

I always thought it was wierd that Allison was shot in the face.It starts with his parents who were shot in the back as were both of his brothers. Its obvious he didnt like Dawn,so that doesnt shock me because I think to shoot someone pointblank in the face there has to be some hate going on there. To shoot his father in the back who he had some hate for but to shoot Allison in the face whom I've never read Butch say anything negative about her is wierd. Then again, everything about this case is wierd.
Matt16
Amityville Member

Re: Allison

Postby Lit de Justice » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:42 am

Matt16 wrote:I always thought it was wierd that Allison was shot in the face.It starts with his parents who were shot in the back as were both of his brothers. Its obvious he didnt like Dawn,so that doesnt shock me because I think to shoot someone pointblank in the face there has to be some hate going on there. To shoot his father in the back who he had some hate for but to shoot Allison in the face whom I've never read Butch say anything negative about her is wierd. Then again, everything about this case is wierd.

In his "First Person Killers" interview, he talks about how Allison would have grown up to be a beautiful woman, and I really think you can here the regret in his voice. In "High Hopes," Sullivan also writes about how he would take Allison on boat rides. It's hard to imagine that he had this hate for her.

Instead, I've come to the conclusion that Ronnie really had some sort of mental breakdown that night that may have also been fueled with drugs/alcohol. I think there's enough evidence that he had some feelings for those poor kids--i.e., attending Mark's footbal games, visiting him in the hospital. My conclusion: Mental illness + readly available firearms = disaster
Lit de Justice
Amityville Addict

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:29 am

Allison might have been killed right after the parents. And perhaps it was because of Allison that Ronnie made the boys turn over in bed, so they weren't looking at him when he pulled the trigger.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby OrangeNblack » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:43 am

I agree.
Maybe Ronnie saw the look on Allison's face when he shot her, and did not want to see the same expressions on his brothers' faces.
"Keep the colors of orange and black in your heart year round.
I love Halloween."
OrangeNblack
MR-LA-DJ

Postby fairlyodd_58 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:44 pm

Not to mention, the way Allison's bed was positioned and the way she was lying, it was pretty convenient to shoot her in the head. But if she was lying on her side, facing the other bed, she could have either been shot in the back of the head or neck or somewhere in her back, like her parents and brothers.
fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Postby RSWRameses » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:25 pm

....Without question, Allison is the one victim of the six DeFeo family members killed that morning that I " feel for " the most. Her innocence was probably unmatched by any of the other five. I have no children of my own and if I ever have a daughter her name is etched in stone and has been for years basically. But a second daughter would be named " Allison ". I have no idea what the middle name might be. But because of my feelings and the fact that I like that name anyway, the first name would be that of the most innocent of several innocent victims associated with this entire story that I have been interested in for about 30 years now. Thirty years ?? Unbelievable.
RSWRameses
....The Eyes Of Amityville....

Postby fairlyodd_58 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Poor Ally.
fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:39 pm

Long time no see, RSW! Welcome back! :D
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Allison

Postby Dutchcolonial » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:26 pm

fairlyodd_58 wrote:Poor Ally.

Ronnie is a bastard.

Dutch.
“From trees to boathouses, Ocean Avenue was a street of American dreams. And what happened at 112 was a suburban tragedy.” G. SULLIVAN

“I want no part of the world out there. As far as I’m concerned, out there, there is nothing but trouble, disease, animals. I want no part of the world. In here at night when we lock in, they lock us in the cells. I feel safe, that nobody is going to get me. I feel fine. I really like that…..” RJD, JR.,October 15, 1975
Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

Re: Allison

Postby Deadguydan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:57 am

Dutchcolonial wrote:
fairlyodd_58 wrote:Poor Ally.

Ronnie is a bastard.

Dutch.

I second that statement Dutch.
Deadguydan
Amityville Addict

BASTARD JUSTICE

Postby Dutchcolonial » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:25 pm

You know...........where I come from the bastard prolly wouldn't have made it to trial. Somebody would've gone across the rail and put a bullet in his temple.........that or caught him as they transferred him from the jail to the courthouse. Down here, even judges get caught up in homemade justice. Last year a guy in Atlanta shot (and killed) the judge in the courtroom.

Ronnie needs a set of jumper cable up his ass, and I've got the 2008 Ford F250 Superduty 4X4 that we can hook them to. I'll be in the cab revving the engine. Gives a whole new meaning to (Mazda's jingle)

zoom Zoom ZOOM.

Dutch.

Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

Next

Return to DeFeo Discussion