2007 parole hearing transcripts

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Postby VampireKen » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:47 pm

I didn't start it the people who bought the house did- Defeo on the Amityville Horror
Has he ever read "Murder in Amityville"? That came from him.
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Postby msmart112 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:55 pm

VampireKen wrote:
I didn't start it the people who bought the house did- Defeo on the Amityville Horror

Has he ever read "Murder in Amityville"? That came from him.

It sure did!

Of course...back in 2006...when this was pointed-out to his current wife...she responded with...

“Hanz Holzer and William Weber were run out of the prison after about 10 minutes with Ronnie. They pieced that sh*t together!”

:roll:
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby merk_aus » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:11 am

Wow thanks for the update in his latest parole hearing. While it is sad that he still shows no remorse to be fair I do think some people are held in jail longer than they deserve.

Don't get me wrong he killed six people... including his parents and brothers and sisters... however when you see others who rape young children or something and they get a couple years inside the slammer things do not seem to add up.

Sure this guy killed his whole family but seriously how do they determin LIFE? Average life age is what 60 so shouldn't he be inside the slammer for 60 years and that's it - sorry do not get me wrong I completly agree he deserves to be inside the slammer it is just my personal stance on jail terms handed out and how inconsistent they are!
merk_aus
Amityville Member

Postby BellWitch74 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:42 am

Maybe the argument should be that some are not inside prison long enough rather than some are in too long as compared to others.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby merk_aus » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:03 am

BellWitch74 wrote:Maybe the argument should be that some are not inside prison long enough rather than some are in too long as compared to others.

Yeah sorry that is completely true - I do apologize as I was typing the message I was thinking of how to mention my beliefs with the court system and prison terms without being ridiculed for my position.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I wanted this guy out of jail now I just don't believe in life sentences - if they say life until your dead then yes but not when they say for example 25 to Life, to me everything should be years eg: You are sentenced to 60 years in prison, or 25 years etc etc as lets be honest this guy is never going to get out of prison, Charles Manson will never get out of prison etc and so why not just convert them to life in prison rather than pretending they have a chance of getting out?

Sorry for the wording in what I said when I get passionate about something I tend to babble and ramble my apologies to all especially to those who thought I was going to start campaigning to get him out of prison it was definately not my intentions.
merk_aus
Amityville Member

Postby BellWitch74 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:06 am

Oh no, I didn't think you were trying to support his release. No worries. :wink:
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby Howard64 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:43 am

merk_aus wrote:Wow thanks for the update in his latest parole hearing. While it is sad that he still shows no remorse to be fair I do think some people are held in jail longer than they deserve.

Don't get me wrong he killed six people... including his parents and brothers and sisters... however when you see others who rape young children or something and they get a couple years inside the slammer things do not seem to add up.

Sure this guy killed his whole family but seriously how do they determin LIFE? Average life age is what 60 so shouldn't he be inside the slammer for 60 years and that's it - sorry do not get me wrong I completly agree he deserves to be inside the slammer it is just my personal stance on jail terms handed out and how inconsistent they are!

Look at Charles Manson... I dont think he ever actually killed anyone, but he manipulated others into doing it for them.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby BellWitch74 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:44 am

And Manson has stated that were he ever to be set free he'd do it again.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby Howard64 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:12 am

i seriously don't think Ronnie could walk the straight and narrow. I mean he cant even come to terms with his killing of his family.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby BellWitch74 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 am

Nope. He can't even get straight what happened. It's always changing, even in midsentence.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:45 am

merk_aus wrote:I just don't believe in life sentences - if they say life until your dead then yes but not when they say for example 25 to Life, to me everything should be years eg: You are sentenced to 60 years in prison, or 25 years etc etc as lets be honest this guy is never going to get out of prison, Charles Manson will never get out of prison etc and so why not just convert them to life in prison rather than pretending they have a chance of getting out?

Welcome to the board.

"25 to life" is a hard prison sentence for 25 years, and then after that time, the prisoner is evaluated by the parole board to see if they deserve a chance to re-enter society. If not they stay in jail until the next parole hearing.

I think that is extremely fair -- dealing with prisoners on a case-by-case basis. Everybody's different. Some can change, others can't.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby BellWitch74 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:12 am

I totally understand what you're saying Dan, but for me I can't get over the fact that no matter if that prisoner has changed, their victim is still dead. The victim has no chance to re-enter society. Their families can't see them or visit them at all, which makes me believe life in prison until you're dead is not enough. Then again, all circumstances and people are different, like you said...........
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:47 am

If you look at the sentence more in terms of "25 years" (and forget about the "life" part) then it makes more sense. Consider it a flat-out 25 year punishment for the murders.

Now, as a bonus, after that sentence is over, we'll evaluate you and if we still feel you're a danger to society, we'll keep you locked up.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby astonio » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
merk_aus wrote:I just don't believe in life sentences - if they say life until your dead then yes but not when they say for example 25 to Life, to me everything should be years eg: You are sentenced to 60 years in prison, or 25 years etc etc as lets be honest this guy is never going to get out of prison, Charles Manson will never get out of prison etc and so why not just convert them to life in prison rather than pretending they have a chance of getting out?

Welcome to the board.

"25 to life" is a hard prison sentence for 25 years, and then after that time, the prisoner is evaluated by the parole board to see if they deserve a chance to re-enter society. If not they stay in jail until the next parole hearing.

I think that is extremely fair -- dealing with prisoners on a case-by-case basis. Everybody's different. Some can change, others can't.

Your last sentence speaks volumes, Dan. I've searched my brain as to if I've ever heard or read or seen an example of a mass murderer being freed after serving his sentence and I've come up with nada.

Does anyone know of such an instance?
"Everywhere I went wuz like uh telephone; no answer."
astonio
Resident

Postby BellWitch74 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:58 pm

Aren't most mass murderers serving more than one life sentence? They never get out that way.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby Nightshade » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:46 pm

The blood work up showed that the entire Defoe family were not intoxicated or drugged.. They were stone cold sober.

A .35 cal rifle makes one hell of a bang when fired.

The Crime scene reports indicat that no one woke up during the shooting with a possible exception of Mrs.Defoe??? Everyone was found face down on their stomachs in a perfect position for type of execution they recieved at the hands of Butch...

Something was at work in that house that night. That something kept one person asleep (or paralyzed) while just inches away another family member was shot to death. With a rifle shot that could he heard blocks away.

That Something could have also very easliy have possessed a troubled smack addict and drunkerd prone to black outs, long enough to have influenced that paranoid drug addict to murder his entire family in cold blood. And departed the scene sort of speak to leave that addict TOTALLY in the dark as to what happened.

Ron Defoe Jr.. Might be infact telling the truth as he knows it. For a day and half of the night following the murders. He was not in control of his consciousness and body.

The Supernatural Element can not be logically excluded from this case at all. Far from it.

Nightshade

Dan the Damned wrote:The story of the house being haunted came from the Lutzes, not DeFeo. DeFeo told stories about ghosts being in the house at a later date, during an interview with Hans Holzer. He has since recanted, saying that he was lying during that interview -- that the house wasn't haunted at all.

But that doesn't discount what the Lutzes experienced/claimed.
Nightshade
Amityville Member

Postby Nightshade » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Also to add to my last post..

The Defoe's were Brooklyn natives.. what other famous "Shooting rampage" was about to unfold in New York, Brooklyn in fact in just a few years.. That also has a high amount of Supernatural element to it?

THe Summer of Sam, Son of Sam. Who claimed that "devil" Sam made him do it. as well as having belonged to supposed satanic coven.

Just some thoughts,

Nightshade
Nightshade
Amityville Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:14 pm

The crime scene reports do NOT show that everyone was asleep. From the trajectory of the bullets, we see that the mother woke up and was in the act of rising from her bed. Allison (the youngest daughter, believed to be the 3rd victim) was awake and had her head risen slightly, looking directly into the barrel of the gun.

And there is strong evidence to suggest that Marc woke up and was turned over in bed to face downward. Marc had a hip injury which some say forced him to sleep on his back and which prevented him from turning over unassisted. I personally think Ronnie may have wanted the boys to turn over so he didn't have to look them in the eyes as he shot them.

True, we cannot rule out the supernatural; but I don't think there is anything remarkable about the murders that requires a supernatural explanation. Dawn's body positioning is a mystery, but only in the sense that it seems out of place -- it doesn't require a supernatural explanation.

But that's just my view...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby BellWitch74 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 am

Nightshade wrote:

Ron Defoe Jr.. Might be infact telling the truth as he knows it. For a day and half of the night following the murders. He was not in control of his consciousness and body.

I would give this credence if RDJ hadn't changed his story so much over the years. He comes up with different explanations in the middle of an explanation. He's a tried and true liar, that's a fact.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby Link the Labrador » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:00 am

Agreed. Plus, didn't he once...kinda confess to the crime? Kinda hard to reel it all back if you told them you did it.

That's like saying "I didn't take the cookie from the jar! It was my sister/mafia/my friend!!" after telling Mommy you did and there are cookie crumbs around the jar.
Link the Labrador
The Lab from Amityville

Postby tourmaline » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:16 pm

The typist misheard him and typed "I remember watching the TV program, that 's what I remember. It was a wall picture. It was on around 11:00 o'clock."

He obviously said "war picture", which he has named previously as the film "Castle Keep." I find it weird and interesting that after watching this war film, he goes on a shooting spree. I'm not suggesting that the film "caused" him to start the shooting rampage but I would not be surprised that if watching that film gave him some kind of "inspiration" or "push" to start the killing that night.

Has anyone ever seen "Castle Keep?" I wonder if there is alot of shooting in the film and/or if anything in the film bears any resemblance to the Defeo shootings.
tourmaline
Amityville Member

PreviousNext

Return to DeFeo Discussion