2007 parole hearing transcripts

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

2007 parole hearing transcripts

Postby msmart112 » Thu May 22, 2008 1:49 pm

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby BellWitch74 » Thu May 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Thanks!! I don't have time to read all this today, unfortunately. So now he doesn't know what happened? Doesn't this put a hitch in Tracey's and anyone elses theory that he's been telling the truth all along?
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby BellWitch74 » Thu May 22, 2008 2:07 pm

Yeah . . . . he clearly hung himself here.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby zzvampy » Thu May 22, 2008 2:14 pm

WOW!

Thanks for these Max!!!

I need to start supper, but cannot WAIT to sit down and read at length later this evening.

Thanks again! :D
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Postby Howard64 » Thu May 22, 2008 2:15 pm

looks like that sums it all up.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Howard64 » Thu May 22, 2008 2:17 pm

I read the whole thing...and i must agree with the commisioners..i dont think he could function in society.

I dont see any remorse.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby msmart112 » Thu May 22, 2008 2:56 pm

From page 21...

COMMISSIONER ELOVICH: Was there an earlier time when you denied the fact that you killed your parents and siblings years ago?

THE INMATE: I never denied this, no.

...yet from page 4 of Ronnie's 1999 parole hearing transcript...

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=5086

A: I do know that I had gotten into an altercation with my sister, God rest her soul. There was a fight over the rifle in the end, and that's the part I am involved in.

Q. How about the other people?

A. I had nothing to do with that, no part of that.

...a little later...

COMMISSIONER RODRIGUEZ: You don't have a clue as to how your parents got killed or shot?

THE INMATE: I didn't see anybody do it.
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby zzvampy » Thu May 22, 2008 3:08 pm

I'm still going over these, but one of the first things I noticed is how repetitive he is. Almost like a small child who's been caught with his hand in the cookie jar and when confronted about it tends to start crying "I didn't do it, I didn't do it, I didn't do it."

Also interesting is the way he claims not to remember anything yet admits to the murders and then quickly follows up with "maybe I don't want to remember." From there, he jumps completely off topic and attempts to place blame...instead of Dawn, Louise, Bobby or the mafia this time, it's onto the Amityville saga. In fact, he seems to jump off topic quite a bit, but I'm not sure I understand the basis of the commisioners even allowing him to bring up the Amityville books and movies when it's obvious that had he NOT murdered his family, the DeFeo family would have more than likely continued to reside in 112 Ocean Avenue, therefore no books or movies would have been made.

Perhaps this line is as close to the truth as Ronnie has been in years...

"I mean I have been lying to myself for 33 years. I mean I'm -- I'm still running from myself."

More later! :wink:
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Postby astonio » Thu May 22, 2008 3:50 pm

Bra-VO, Max!!

Butch is getting on in his years. He's stammering. He also reads to me like he's somewhat given up any hope, whatever that intention used to hold for him. This is pretty much a wrap, as we say in my neck of the woods. Surprisingly, I found myself a little sympathetic to his perspective today. He admits, but doesn't "admit" by lack of memory; which is plausible considering he's soon to be 57 years old. Thirty three years ago is a good chunk of lapsed time. Considering Mr. Springer is no longer an option for residence outside of Green Haven and no parole board would allow him to leave New York State and since he has no family left to speak of...well, talk about making one's own hell!

Kinda sad outcome from one who used to throw his affluency around...
astonio
Resident

Postby TigresMeow » Thu May 22, 2008 4:50 pm

I see Ronnie still has ASPD. Seems to me that everything revolves around him. Also seems to me that he still is using excuses. I didn't see any remorse at all.

Also, how convenient of him to "not remember" his part in all of the "stories." Where does he think the "mafia" story came from? Or the "Dawn killed the kids" story? Or the "mom did the killing" story? Or the "Bobby Kelske helped" story? I suppose his lawyers came up with those stories? I think not.

Same ol' song and dance if you ask me.
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"
TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Postby msmart112 » Thu May 22, 2008 5:54 pm

A. I mean it never goes away. It just doesn't go away. You know, it's bad enough what happened, and then this Amityville saga, all these books and movies, it gets a little ridiculous.

COMMISSIONER ELOVICH: Where do you think that came from?

THE INMATE: Excuse me?

COMMISSIONER ELOVICH: Where do you think the premise of the movies or the books came from?

THE INMATE: I didn't start it. The people who sold the house started it, making up stories about - -

COMMISSIONER ELOVICH: It had nothing to do with anything that you said?

THE INMATE: No, I never said anything like that.

Well let’s see…Ronnie was already involved in a possible book deal as early as February of 1976...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/ ... 7-76-1.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/ ... 7-76-2.jpg

In 1979…Ronnie gave Hans Holzer an interview that later was used in Holzer’s book and never-aired TV documentary.

Ronnie was paid for interviews that he gave in 1988 and 1991…

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/ ... 6-1-92.jpg

Here’s a letter from Ronnie to Christopher Berry-Dee (dated March 30, 1992) where Ronnie talks about a book and/or movie deal…

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/ ... -30-92.jpg

Here’s part of a letter from Ronnie to Christopher Berry-Dee (dated April 1, 1992) where he talks how the book would be a best seller…

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/ ... 4-1-92.jpg

In 1993, Ronnie created an audio recording and went so far as copyrighting it.

In 1994, Ronnie gave Christopher Berry-Dee an interview that was used for a documentary.

In late 2005, Ronnie gave an interview for a doc that was later shown on A&E.

:roll:
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu May 22, 2008 7:17 pm

msmart112 wrote:From page 21...

COMMISSIONER ELOVICH: Was there an earlier time when you denied the fact that you killed your parents and siblings years ago?

THE INMATE: I never denied this, no.

...yet from page 4 of Ronnie's 1999 parole hearing transcript...

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=5086

A: I do know that I had gotten into an altercation with my sister, God rest her soul. There was a fight over the rifle in the end, and that's the part I am involved in.

Q. How about the other people?

A. I had nothing to do with that, no part of that.

...a little later...

COMMISSIONER RODRIGUEZ: You don't have a clue as to how your parents got killed or shot?

THE INMATE: I didn't see anybody do it.

Yeah, pretty blatant lie that is self-evident, right there in black & white from previous parole hearings - of course he denied killing his parents and siblings years ago. Amazing that he'd make such a bold-faced lie like that when its so easy to catch. I believe the parole board stated previously that they look over the transcripts of the past hearings, right? That's probably why the question was asked - I think Ronnie made the same lie in a previous hearing. :roll:

Oh this is beautiful. I love how he keeps saying that he remembers nothing, especially when it comes after a long detailed account (demonstrating that he remembers a lot)...

Page 13/14:

Q. When you ran to the bar, did you immediately call the police, or did you hang out there for a while?

A. No. I went and got my friends, and we came back to the house together. We called the police, we called the police and called my grandfather, the one who lived in Long Island, the one from West Islip, and he came; then they called my other grandfather and he came - - the one in Brooklyn, he came, everybody started calling everybody else.

Q. Do you remember cleaning up the house?

A. No. That's what I'm telling you, I don't remember anything - - anything that happened the whole day.

LMAO! Priceless!

And on page 15 he mentions his mother having a stroke from the beatings her husband allegedly gave her! I don't remember hearing about Louise having a stroke - that's a major event! That should be easy to verify with hospital records.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby zzvampy » Thu May 22, 2008 7:51 pm

After re-reading this in it's entirety, I really do feel sorry for him.

Not on the level of the murderer that he is, but for the aging, uneducated, puppet that he seems to be.

He freely admits to people telling him what to say and/or do.

Evidently he feels that he needs someone to make his decisions for him. Maybe that's the reason he has always forwarded his mail to his wives. Pardon me, I mean, maybe that's the reason he permitted Geraldine to tell so many untruths and now he has his new wife doing much the same thing. Maybe these wives think they have much to gain since he also freely admitted to having come into a large sum of money when his maternal grandmother passed away.

My grandmother died in 2000. I mean she died, left me the biggest part of her will. Even money isnt going to change anything.

I've always found it rather comical that people feel so sorry for his wives..."poor so and so, she believes in Ronnie's innocence and he's playing her for a fool!"

Really?

I have to wonder, who exactly is the fool? After re-reading these transcripts, I think the answer is quite clear.

In a way, it's almost like the blind leading the blind...or in this case, an idiot parade, like a trend. Ronnie's grammar and spelling are the epitome of the term uneducated, same goes for Geraldine...and on to the current state of his being and associates.

It's no wonder the board has never taken him seriously.

As for remorse? Maybe he feels some remorse in his own way, he must or he wouldn't have said this:

I got to live with something I don't want to live with, but I have to live with.

Or this:

Truthfully, I don't want to remember.
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Postby msmart112 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:20 pm

Ronnie DeFeo wrote:There's been a lot of lying going on for the last 33 years.

Really? :shock:
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby msmart112 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:46 pm

Ronnie DeFeo wrote:He was abusive to the whole family. It was no secret to anybody; everybody knew about this. I mean he used to beat my mother up all the time, my brothers and sisters. Me and my mother and my little sister used to get the worst of it all the time. The police, everybody knew about it, it wasn’t no secret.

So it wasn’t a secret? And EVERYBODY knew about it?

Here’s what one neighbor had to say a day or so after the murders…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9C2IMTHEWQ

Here’s what Adele Fagan (mother of Dawn’s best friend Grace) had to say in 1986…

“DeFeo has had his day in court. This challenging child who grew into a merciless killer came from a loving family who tried to love him. They weren't perfect, they fought a lot and probably gave their children too much too soon. But they also had an abiding religious faith, friends and family who shared their dreams and aspirations. Like the sign hung in their yard, they had "High Hopes.””

“I was not as close to the family as my daughter was. But I do know that the picture of them drawn by the poor soul who destroyed them is false.”

Here’s what Patrick O’Reilly (former neighbor and close friend of Marc and John) had to say on the recent Amityville doc…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V18li3GPtN8

And ironically enough…here’s how Ronnie HIMSELF described his father in a 1994 interview…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYVAniV-q6M

Imagine that.
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Locked Doors?!?!??

Postby Dutchcolonial » Thu May 22, 2008 9:47 pm

It makes a reference to the fact that he cleaned up the house, and also goes on to say that he locked rooms???? Never heard that one.

Dutch.
“From trees to boathouses, Ocean Avenue was a street of American dreams. And what happened at 112 was a suburban tragedy.” G. SULLIVAN

“I want no part of the world out there. As far as I’m concerned, out there, there is nothing but trouble, disease, animals. I want no part of the world. In here at night when we lock in, they lock us in the cells. I feel safe, that nobody is going to get me. I feel fine. I really like that…..” RJD, JR.,October 15, 1975
Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

Postby Shawn » Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am

Thanks Max for posting this!!!! :D

Krissy, I totally agree w/you on feeling sort of sorry for this murderer. It is just shamefully pathetic.

I must admit, I actually had a sigh of relief reading this. He can never take back his words about killing them all now. I wonder if Tracey removing her board had anything to do with this transcript seeing the light of day? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............
Shawn
Been there, Done that

Postby Shawn » Fri May 23, 2008 10:26 am

BTW, Shouldn't a high school graduate know that it is "paid", not "payed"?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :wink:
Shawn
Been there, Done that

Postby Howard64 » Fri May 23, 2008 10:57 am

hooked on phonics dont work for free:)
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Dutchcolonial » Fri May 23, 2008 1:35 pm

zzvampy wrote:After re-reading this in it's entirety, I really do feel sorry for him......

The whole thing is so Jerry Springer-esque. I can't imagine having my business displayed on the internet for all to see. I think next we'll see Tracey and her kids (with the bags of pork rinds) on Jerry Springer along with a live feed of Ronald from Greenhaven.

Dutch.
“From trees to boathouses, Ocean Avenue was a street of American dreams. And what happened at 112 was a suburban tragedy.” G. SULLIVAN

“I want no part of the world out there. As far as I’m concerned, out there, there is nothing but trouble, disease, animals. I want no part of the world. In here at night when we lock in, they lock us in the cells. I feel safe, that nobody is going to get me. I feel fine. I really like that…..” RJD, JR.,October 15, 1975
Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

Postby Littlechinagirl » Sat May 24, 2008 12:23 pm

I have to agree with ZZ on these transcripts. I couldn't help but feel a little pity for the guy. I think it is even obvious to him that there is no chance he is ever going to be a free man again and I don't think the comment about not wanting to remember says a lot. It's just a sad case all the way around.

I do hope that with him admitting that it was ALL HIM now, that the whole Dawn BS will finally be put to rest. If Ronnie is admitting to it all, I think it would be foolish of others, who weren't there to begin with, to try and fight that it was Dawn Dawn Dawn.
Littlechinagirl
Amityville Addict

Next

Return to DeFeo Discussion