If anyone has seen the crime scene photos.......

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Postby VampireKen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:39 pm

Commarato lived down the street. If they could have escaped they might have gone their.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Postby Link the Labrador » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:12 am

If they had enough time, yes, they could have ran there.

But they were all on the second floor and if any of them (Dawn, espeically since she had some time, but seconds only) jumped out of the window, I highly doubt they'd make the fall without a broken leg.

Remember, these aren't action people who would jump from burning buildings on cue or army soldiers taught how to survive a fall. These were scared, ordinary citizens. The only chance they had of survival was if someone else had been in the house and could get to Butch in seconds to lay the smackdown on his rotten arse.
Link the Labrador
The Lab from Amityville

Postby VampireKen » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:46 pm

If dawn jumped out of Ronnie's bedroom window she would have landed on the roof of the sunporch, right outside the master bedroom. If she got hurt Ronnie would just walk to the window. but it would give John and Allison moments to escape out the front door. Either way Mark most likely would not have escaped.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

the pictures

Postby lori52976 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:51 pm

I just feel that all the answers to our many questions are in those crime scene photos....I have looked at how everyone is positioned and I cant help but think that when I see the one of the boys, especially of the youngest boy he just looks so stiff and unnatural as if he wasnt sleeping. Almost like he was scared and awake and just braced himself for what was about to happen. I get this feeling he just buried his face in the bed, completely scared and closed his eyes. Then when I see the older the brother his head is turned out facing where Ronnie would have been standing but he of course was helpless seeing as he couldnt move to well without assistance. I often wonder if he was trying to get out of the bed and pushed the wheelchair out of the way, since I did notice in the crime scene pics there did not seem to be blood on the wheelchair but under it which was strange. As if Ronnie put it back in its place after he shot his brother. Does anyone agree with that?
lori52976
Amityville Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:15 pm

I've heard that reasoning before somewhere... :wink:
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby lori52976 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:16 pm

do you think that also?
lori52976
Amityville Member

Postby astonio » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:44 pm

He returned to the rooms to, at the very least, retrieve the spent cartridges. Perhaps he overlooked where they should have been, or he kicked one as he walked into the room.

I seem to recall a Ms. Cosentino testifying the house was lit up like a jack o'lantern about the time the murders allegedly occurred.
"Everywhere I went wuz like uh telephone; no answer."
astonio
Resident

Postby tourmaline » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:49 am

Earlier in this thread, people were discussing whether or not Dawn was menstruating at the time of the murders. This link claims that she most definitely was not, although she did have a [clean] sanitary napkin in place. Link:

http://www.newcriminologist.com/news.asp?nid=1012

Also, in the above link it states that all members of the family had complete rigor mortis except for Dawn, which may lend credence to the notion that Dawn was murdered at a significantly later time than the others.
tourmaline
Amityville Member

Postby t00nCiNaToR » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:06 am

tourmaline wrote: Also, in the above link it states that all members of the family had complete rigor mortis except for Dawn, which may lend credence to the notion that Dawn was murdered at a significantly later time than the others.

Not really, she was on the 3rd floor and it could have been anywhere from a few to as much as 10 degrees warmer making her rigor slower or faster, meaning she may have come out of it faster or it was delayed. But I'm no doctor.
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.
t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Previous

Return to DeFeo Discussion