Ric Osuna's Seventh Body photo

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Ric Osuna's Seventh Body photo

Postby FairyMagic » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:14 am

[ADMIN EDIT: This thread is the result of multiple threads (all on the same topic) being merged into one]

After all the controversy over the Seventh Body body photo, I finally got the courage to view the photo myself last night. I had read before on the net at the Criminologist site that it was believed to be Allison DeFeo. I never believed the whole seventh victiim crap that was brought up, but leaned toward that it was just a pic from another crime scene that ended up on that strip of film. I guess I just couldn't understand why on earth Dawn or Allison for that matter would be taken back into the basement for more photos. That's morbid. Anyway, while viewing the photo, I noticed that the blanket covering the girl was very similiar to the pink blanket on the girls beds in the crime scene photo where it shows them covered up w/just a back view of their heads. Looks like they both have some kind of pink fleece blanket w/ a red silk edging around the top. The Seventh Body has from what I saw, the same blanket or similiar. Has anyone else noticed this? The victim looks to young to be Dawn. With the extent of the wounds on the girl, I couldn't really tell if it could be Allison or not. Can any of you give me any information on whether it was discovered who this person was or if they see the similarity in the blankets?

Thanks!
FairyMagic
Amityville Member

Postby 112 Ocean Avenue » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:24 am

The seventh body photo is indeed from a different crime scene, but no one knows where it is from. The picture's setting CANNOT be in the basement or any other room in the house. There is one major giveaway that everyone should notice....there is a large WINDOW over the bed in the picture. The basement of 112 Ocean Avenue has around ten windows, but all of them are your typical small 1 ft by 3 ft windows. The window in the seventh body picture is at least 5 ft long, and the bottom sill starts at least 3 1/2 ft off of the floor. The basement is mostly underground, so any windows that do exist would have sills about 6-7 ft from the floor. No pictures of the exterior of the house have ever shown largeer basement windows.

Dutch's blueprints and sketches help to show the layout of the basement and the exterior window locations better.

As for the blanket similarity, I have a feeling that's more of a coincidence than anything else.

-112 Ocean Avenue
112 Ocean Avenue
Amityville Author

Postby starynite » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:23 pm

I been trying to find pictures of the bodies. Like the the first post she said she saw them on i site. Can you guys give me the site so i can see them?
~*~Starynite~*~
starynite
Amityville Member

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:04 am

There is simply no 7th body. That is just some crazed conspiracy theory so someone can make some extra money. Just pure evil and greed

And if there was a 7th body, then why would the police cover that up? There would be a missing child missing out there somewhere in the area unaccounted for. Do you really think the DA would not love to throw another murder count against Ron ron, Jr?

Get real
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby beanbagbreath » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:27 am

Victoria Principles wrote:There is simply no 7th body. That is just some crazed conspiracy theory so someone can make some extra money. Just pure evil and greed

And if there was a 7th body, then why would the police cover that up? There would be a missing child missing out there somewhere in the area unaccounted for. Do you really think the DA would not love to throw another murder count against Ron ron, Jr?

Get real

Victoria this has nothing to do with a damn thing but I think your name rocks lol. Where is the Parents just dont understand looking lady that you had for an avator?
beanbagbreath
TOWN DRUNK

Location: Ashy Larry... Marcy Projects... Marcy son... WHAT!!!

Postby ignotia » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:41 am

112 Ocean Avenue wrote:The seventh body photo is indeed from a different crime scene, but no one knows where it is from. The picture's setting CANNOT be in the basement or any other room in the house. There is one major giveaway that everyone should notice....there is a large WINDOW over the bed in the picture. The basement of 112 Ocean Avenue has around ten windows, but all of them are your typical small 1 ft by 3 ft windows. The window in the seventh body picture is at least 5 ft long, and the bottom sill starts at least 3 1/2 ft off of the floor. The basement is mostly underground, so any windows that do exist would have sills about 6-7 ft from the floor. No pictures of the exterior of the house have ever shown largeer basement windows.

Dutch's blueprints and sketches help to show the layout of the basement and the exterior window locations better.

As for the blanket similarity, I have a feeling that's more of a coincidence than anything else.

-112 Ocean Avenue

THANK YOU it about time someone noticed that i really thought i was the only one who did.....
ignotia
Amityville Member

Hello

Postby amandapanda887 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:23 am

Hello so what you are saying is that even after finding the bodies and taking pictures they brought the deceased down stairs and took more pictures.... That's just really wrong.... I was wondering if anyone had anymore pictures of the crime seen I would love to see them. I can't seem to find any pictures other than the ones that show the outside of the house. I was also wondering if anyone has any police reports from the night of the murders. If anyone does please let me know. I don't know how to access this information and im very lost, so if anyone could help I would GREATLY appreciate it. Oh ya and I was also wondering if I were to go to my local library and go to that machine that lets you access old newspapers if they would have the actual newspaper from the night.. Does anyone know. Lol I really need answers.
Thanks,
Amanda
amandapanda887
Amityville Addict

Re: Hello

Postby ignotia » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:48 am

amandapanda887 wrote:Hello so what you are saying is that even after finding the bodies and taking pictures they brought the deceased down stairs and took more pictures.... That's just really wrong.... I was wondering if anyone had anymore pictures of the crime seen I would love to see them. I can't seem to find any pictures other than the ones that show the outside of the house. I was also wondering if anyone has any police reports from the night of the murders. If anyone does please let me know. I don't know how to access this information and im very lost, so if anyone could help I would GREATLY appreciate it. Oh ya and I was also wondering if I were to go to my local library and go to that machine that lets you access old newspapers if they would have the actual newspaper from the night.. Does anyone know. Lol I really need answers.
Thanks,
Amanda

no. it was a totaly diffrent crime scene . the pic.s got mixed up
ignotia
Amityville Member

Postby amandapanda887 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:13 pm

oooh lol
amandapanda887
Amityville Addict

Postby leathermonkey » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:20 pm

Ric Osuna claims in his book that the picture was in between Defeo crime pics on the negative strip, meaning if it was from a different crimescene.. the photographer would have had to snap a Defeo pic, leave, go to another scene with a dead girl, take 1 pic.. then go back to the Defeo crimescene to continue taking pics. Thats what caught my attention early on anyway. Now, I believe it has clearly been shown that that picture was not taken in 112 Ocean.. so was Osuna lying about the negative placment, or was there some weird police scandel going on? Has anyone been down there to verify that that photo is attached, inbetween Defeo photos on the strip of film? Is this more hogwash, like some other things Ive found in that book?
leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Postby amandapanda887 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:13 pm

I haven't read the book yet so I don't know, but I do understand what you mean about the impossibility that he went to amityville and took pictures then went to another crime seen and came back and the photo's double exposured. From other things that I have seen I think that should lead us to believe there was a presence in the room, because I mean what else could've done that. Who knows..... I want to read the book so please don't ruin it for me lol...
Amanda
amandapanda887
Amityville Addict

Postby ignotia » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:39 pm

amandapanda887 wrote:I haven't read the book yet so I don't know, but I do understand what you mean about the impossibility that he went to amityville and took pictures then went to another crime seen and came back and the photo's double exposured. From other things that I have seen I think that should lead us to believe there was a presence in the room, because I mean what else could've done that. Who knows..... I want to read the book so please don't ruin it for me lol...
Amanda

You should read all the books and get every bit of info you can so you can make up your own mind about this case. DONT LET ANY OF US KNUCKLEHEADS BULLY YOUR THOUGHTS........
ignotia
Amityville Member

Postby BillyCigars » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:52 pm

You should read all the books and get every bit of info you can so you can make up your own mind about this case. DONT LET ANY OF US KNUCKLEHEADS BULLY YOUR THOUGHTS........

I agree with you 1,000%.

For example, I definately don't think you should let that "knucklehead" Ric Osuna "bully" your thoughts into believing his book.

For instance, did you know that Ric Osuna wrote a book proposal IMMEDIATELY BEFORE "The Night The DeFeos Died" in total support of the Lutz's claims of a haunting?

Read it here!!
Ric Osuna's First Book Proposal
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."
BillyCigars
American Psycho

Postby amandapanda887 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:20 am

Thanks everyone I actually already purchased both books from amazon, and hope they will be here by the end of the week. I can't wait to get started reading them. That's so stupid why would he write about the haunting then write about the night the defo's died. Maybe he'se just doing it for the money. Who knows. Sorry if I sound like im coming off sarcastic I talk to myself sometimes in these boards lol...
Amanda
amandapanda887
Amityville Addict

the seventh body

Postby ghostofmclean » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:42 pm

mmm i didn´t understand all the explanation about the seventh body, so i wonder if someone here could give me what´s the truth about the called seventh body please.
ghostofmclean
Amityville Member

Postby tallman » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:53 pm

i dont know to much about it either, except its just a stupid hoax somebody came up with, from a different crime scene. I find the picture rather disturbing
and a child shall lead them

My horror movie Forum
tallman
and a child shall lead them

Postby ghostofmclean » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:02 pm

well im totally agree with you, me and another friend saw the picture and its really horrible
ghostofmclean
Amityville Member

Postby TheVampireologist » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:48 pm

From what I have read into about the 7th body.Osuna (author of the night the Defeos died) discovered this photo among the other Defeo crime scene photos in police custody while doing research for his book and for some reason assumed it was actually one of the Defeos taken in the basement of the house itself.

This has been pretty much (to my satisfaction anyway) disproven however to be even related to the Defeo crime scene and another wild conclusion Osuna has stamped his approval to like a number of other ideas of his he claims are fact in regards to the murders etc.

"He took a face from the ancient gallery...and walked on down the hall" - Lizard king
TheVampireologist
**ACCOUNT ON HOLD**

Postby The Bullshit Sheriff » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:29 pm

Hi ghostofmclean,

This link might be of interest...

http://www.amityvillehorrortruth.com/do ... thbody.htm
The Bullshit Sheriff
Amityville Member

Postby The Bullshit Sheriff » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:35 pm

The Bullshit Sheriff
Amityville Member

7th body

Postby amandapanda887 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:17 am

Hey Thanks for those pages. Some interesting stuff there. I don't believe there was a 7th body and those are nice ways of proving it. Thanks
Manda
amandapanda887
Amityville Addict

Next

Return to DeFeo Discussion