Ric Osuna's Seventh Body photo

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:10 pm

Littlelukey wrote: Hey didn't someone from here make him a Dollhouse or something once :?
Indeed Shazz! Wasn't it absolutley gorgeous!

It was an almost exact duplicate of 112, not warped or crooked in any way shape or form!

Say, you wouldn't happen to know where I could purchase an amityville house coffee mug would you? Not that I drink coffee, so on second thought, perhaps a mouse pad?

Preferably, something in the warped and demented category... :?

leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Post by leathermonkey » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:07 pm

It simply boggles the mind what people can get away with with this internet thingy. Ric simply hopes he can make a few bucks off of people really stupid, (or new to the case) that do a search on "Amityville", see his site up top, and take in his garbage like its bible, without checking into it

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

The Extra Body Theory

Post by evanguy2004 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:47 pm

Can anyone bottom line an answer to the mystery behind the extra body theory to the Killings in the house? I'm so confused by this mystery. My question is if there was an extra body who would that have been?

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:02 pm

Hi evanguy,

Here's a thread that covers the basics...

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=1442

Take care,

Maxwell

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:09 pm

That was Ric Osuna's theory. Being the great investigative reporter that he claims to be, he never really expounded on this other to say that some people saw the police carry some big bags into the house (which he would like us to believe was a body).

But there really is no point. Ric got photos from the crime scene investigation, and they included a shot of a body on a bed. The room did not match the interior of the DeFeo house, and the body did not seem to match any of the DeFeos.

I think Ric included this in his book as a selling point - acting like he uncovered some major missing fact in the case.

Why this photo was included in the DeFeo set is unknown; and Ric, for reasons unknown, didn't seem to bother to follow up on this. Kinda like Kaplan did in his book - he just shoves it out there, says "isn't this odd," and leaves it at that.

Actually, that's a bit unfair to Kaplan. After all, Kaplan did manage to interview Jay Anson and a few others for his book...

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:26 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I think Ric included this in his book as a selling point - acting like he uncovered some major missing fact in the case.
I agree Dan.

This is the final paragraph from versions two and three of Osuna’s “book”…

Still, if Geraldine’s testimony was disregarded, then what is left? There is still the matter of Bobby Kelske’s being implicated in the murders; the second gun and different caliber of bullet found in Louise DeFeo; the DeFeos’ bodies being moved and the bloodstained floors; the undeniable Mob elements associated with this story; the Lutzes conspiring with William Weber to write a fictional ghost story; a judge who was one of the most corrupt in American history; and a seventh body.

…he actually ended his “book” with a reference to the “seventh body”!

The problem is…he did a horrible job supporting his claim. It’s as if he expected readers to simply take his word for it. :roll:

By the way…regarding the rest of his concluding paragraph…

Geraldine? :roll:

Bobby Kelske was never implicated in the murders

There was no second gun found nor different caliber bullet found in Mrs. DeFeo

There was no evidence of any of the bodies being moved

There was no evidence of any bloodstained floors

The “mob” had NOTHING to do with the murders

George Lutz, Kathy Lutz, and William Weber had NOTHING to do with the murders

Judge Stark was NOT one of the most corrupt judges in American history

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:41 am

Smoke screens...decades later....apparently under the belief folks would have forgotten the aspects of truth of Butch's guilt and the circumstances surrounding the crime specifically when the crime occurred....possibly to serve his potential parole and therefore, potential meal ticket for his supporters.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:07 am

Dan the Damned wrote:That was Ric Osuna's theory. Being the great investigative reporter that he claims to be, he never really expounded on this other to say that some people saw the police carry some big bags into the house (which he would like us to believe was a body).
This is a strange theory considering they usually carry bodies away from the murder scene! :roll:

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:44 am

Here is the BIG PROBLEM in Osuna and Ronnie's story. If the police had hard evidence that more than one person committed these horrendous crimes, then why go to all the trouble of covering things up LMAO. I mean sure one was dead (Dawn), but the other (Bobby), was very much alive. They could of had a two for the price of one sale LOL.

Think about it.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:17 am

If they had any evidence to support Kelske being involved, they would have leaned on him to first to get DeFeo to confess. It's the old story of leaning on what they would have considered the weaker of the two suspects to bring both cards down together.

Plus had have Kelske had any inkling of knowledge he would have eventually folded like a deck of cards, either soon after the murders, at the trial, or at the very most anytime after that. Remember he was a material witness at the DeFeo trial and any knowledge of a direct involvement not being admitted to then and there would have resulted in him being charged with being held in contempt of court.

I can't comment on how loyal DeFeo was to his friends, however he did try dropping his own sister in it after the fact in one of his many infamous turnarounds and false confessions - Louis Fallini (sp?) did it; Dawn did it; Louise (mother) did it etc ... but most of us know this story already.

msmart112
Amityville_Member

The “Seventh Body” identified?

Post by msmart112 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:53 pm

As many of you know…Ric Osuna has been claiming for over five years that there was possibly a “seventh body” in the DeFeo home after the murders. Ric Osuna felt so strongly about this possibility that he chose to end the second and third editions of his book with a reference to this “seventh body”.

For those of you not familiar with this claim…you can read about it here…

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/seventh.html

Recently…our very own astonio did some digging…and learned that less than a week after the DeFeo murders…a young girl was murdered in Suffolk County in Lake Ronkonkoma...

…shortly thereafter…zzvampy found a similar article…

…the articles describe the victim as an eleven year-old girl who had been stabbed in the chest. The articles also describe the girl as having lived in a ranch style house.

From the picture in the link posted above…the girl indeed appears to be approximately eleven…and she clearly appears to have suffered a chest wound.

I’m still looking into this…but I’m almost positive that this girl who Ric Osuna claims was a “seventh body” found in the DeFeo home was actually Karen Marie DeGennaro of Lake Ronkonkoma...who was murdered almost a full week AFTER Ronnie killed his family.

Ironically enough…Vito Coscia and Ronnie DeFeo actually spent time together in the Suffolk County jail in 1974/1975.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:05 am

I remember this one in High Hopes ... re Vincent Coscia ... he ended up being witness for the prosecution in the DeFeo murder trial.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Carnivale
Amityville Addict

Post by Carnivale » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:42 am

Way back, when Amityvillemurders.com looked quite a bit different, I seem to remember Osuna claiming that this seventh body photo was located between known DeFeo crime scene photos on the same strip of negatives. There was much made of this as it would seem illogical for the photographer to take photos at the DeFeo scene, leave to snap a single photo at a different scene, and then return to the DeFeo scene. I notice the wording is a bit different on the page today:
"On the same strip of negatives were other scenes of the crime scene at 112 Ocean Avenue, including shots of Dawn DeFeo lying in bed. This fact alone suggested the photos were taken at approximately the same time or at least on the same roll of film."
Knowing that detail, whether the pic was between the DeFeo pics or not, would really be key in knowing where it came from. The way it's worded now could suggest that the photog simply finished his roll of film at a different scene. Maybe that's against procedure (?) or unusual, not sure myself.

I imagine there was a great deal of pressure on the photographer to process the crime scene photos of the DeFeo murders. Would it make sense that he sat on the last pics for a week (maybe more?) so he could finish his roll of film?

Maybe, maybe not.
Vulgar Display of Lucidity
[url=http://www.swampfire.proboards102.com/][color=green].::Swampfire Paranormal::.[/color][/url]

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:00 pm

I believe there may be more than one crime scene on a roll, but this probably is done differently in different jurisdictions. I have a friend who develops film and she says the local police department brings theirs to her. I could ask her about it....although i don't know what help it would be since, as I said, different places do things differently.
Im not little, Im funsize!

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:14 pm

Just talked to my friend, she says the usually do one scene to a roll.....

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:51 pm

Well maybe someone can go to Amityville and check the 7th body photo against the crime scene photos from this other case...

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:26 pm

That would be a good idea. I mean, we already know it's unrelated, but it would be good to debunk this once and for all.

msammons
Amityville Addict

Post by msammons » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:36 pm

I have looked at crime scene photos on the net and this photo and you can tell it is not the Defeo basement. I don't know why Ric Osuna would perpetuate this idea. The paneling behind the bed where the body is does not exist in the photos of the Defeo basement and when you look at all the crime scene photos you can tell there is no room like that in the basement.
Mary
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/spooks/

Carnivale
Amityville Addict

Post by Carnivale » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:28 pm

^ Truth.

Also, where could a window that large and low to the floor be in the basement?
Vulgar Display of Lucidity
[url=http://www.swampfire.proboards102.com/][color=green].::Swampfire Paranormal::.[/color][/url]

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:11 pm

msammons wrote:I have looked at crime scene photos on the net and this photo and you can tell it is not the Defeo basement. I don't know why Ric Osuna would perpetuate this idea. The paneling behind the bed where the body is does not exist in the photos of the Defeo basement and when you look at all the crime scene photos you can tell there is no room like that in the basement.
I shall let someone else answer that ...
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Post by leathermonkey » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:43 pm

So Osuna has changed the wording regarding his claim of the 7th body being in between defeo pictures on the negatives. Why am I not suprised? I'm glad he cleared that little detail up. He can call me lazy for not going up there to see for myself, but he made the initial claim afterall... This just seals the deal even further regarding the "seventh body" There obviously wasnt one.