Rick Moran: Beating a Dead Source

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
Eric Walter
Independent Artist

Rick Moran: Beating a Dead Source

Post by Eric Walter » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Happy Fourth of July!

Be sure to head over to AmityvilleFiles.com as Dan the Damned unfurls his latest article:

Blaine and I would like to thank Dan Nolte, Jason Pyke and Rip Holly for their amazing work with this piece. Make sure to drop by and voice your opinion!

[ADMIN EDIT: You'll notice the Amitvyille Files site is in disarray, and only part of the first page of this article is available to view. Dan has reposted this article here, on page 2 of this very thread.]
"All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare." - Baruch Spinoza

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:48 pm

Great Article. Better than the Kaplan one.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Love the header you guys created! Rick makes a good King Kong, there... You should animate it and have him swatting away biplanes... :P

bagheadinc
Amityville Addict

Post by bagheadinc » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:04 pm

Yes, he's so big compared to the house to represent his massive amount of BS when it comes to Amityville (also because he's fat). :P
Image Image

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Best article yet, Danno!! Great work!

Also, it would be cool if that article were added in Moran's "section" under "Participants" so that the casual reader could see it there as well ;)
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:51 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Love the header you guys created! Rick makes a good King Kong, there... You should animate it and have him swatting away biplanes... :P
Not bi-planes dan...flies
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:28 pm

Good job, Dan! :)

Great work, as always!

If only Rick Moran could read the article....that would be the icing on the cake.
[size=125][i][color=red]Actions speak louder than words....[/color][/i][/size]

GoonieNick
Amityville Addict

Post by GoonieNick » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:57 pm

Great Article,

Well done in how you put it together. I am going to read it slowly probably tomorrow or during the week. I liked how you added the media to the article.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:56 am

Is flogging a dead horse the same as chocking one's chicken?

That is interesting since Moran probably hasn't seen his genitals in some time.

Great article by the way.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Jetstar3D
Shiner

Post by Jetstar3D » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Chichibcc wrote: If only Rick Moran could read the article....that would be the icing on the cake.
He will Chichi, he will.

Kudos Dan and crew on a great article!

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Jetstar3D wrote:
Chichibcc wrote: If only Rick Moran could read the article....that would be the icing on the cake.
He will Chichi, he will.
That's good to hear! :D

MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Post by MerchBoi » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Agreed, he will. With his ego I'm sure he has his name on "Google Alert."
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE

bagheadinc
Amityville Addict

Post by bagheadinc » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:21 am

He has. Dan sent it to him before it was posted.
Image Image

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:30 am

I didn't know that...I wonder what he thought of it?

I'm sure he'll let Dan know eventually, maybe.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:54 am

I started by sending Rick an email back in May. It contained a dozen questions regarding various claims he's made. He answered that email, but most of the responses were vague and it didn't really clear up things. A week later I sent a followup email with some more questions, and in response to his first reply I told him my piece was going to be more about him than the case. I told him my article was going to take a hard look at the various claims he had made about Amityville.

Rick didn't respond.

So I wrote the article and sent it to Rick for him to comment. This was an earlier draft of the one you see online -- it covered the same material but a lot of it was in the form of questions for Rick to (hopefully) answer.

My intention was to get as much clarification from Rick as I could regarding his claims, and then rewrite the article to reflect whatever new information I could get.

Rick didn't respond to that, either.

So I phoned him up (he has a toll-free number listed on his website). We chatted for about 15 minutes :roll: and he told me he liked my writing style, but felt my tactics sucked, and that he would rather just ignore me and my article rather than answer my questions. We argued a little bit about the case and he finally hung up on me.

I rewrote the article to reflect a few tidbits he told me during that last phone call and to reflect him shutting me down rather than explaining his case against the Lutzes and Dawn DeFeo. Mostly what I did on that last rewrite was to change it from an "open letter" to a normal article (the original version ended with a long list of questions for Rick to answer).

So the article Rick saw is pretty different than what is online at amityvillefiles.com -- but that's mostly just the formatting.

Khamul
Amityville Member

Post by Khamul » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:44 am

Ok, I have to admit that I have not read much of Rick's work.... seen him interviewed a few times but the book budget is a bit tight at the moment. However, I have failed students for less blatant BS than Rick has portrayed. My complements to the article you put forward. As far as I am concerned Rick's work should be treated with a grain of salt.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:57 am

so basically what you are saying Dan, is he cannot compete with you on an intellectual level when it concerns this subject?
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:03 am

Replace "cannot" with "will not." :D

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Dan, you ruined Moran's 2009...
FATE magazine
True Reports of the Strange and Unknown

Saying Good-by to 2009 – Paranormal Style!
Posted on December 28th, 2009 by rickmoran in News

When it comes to end of the year blogging, the natural instinct is to look over your shoulder and reminisce about the good old days… Yeah, right! Well I do remember a time when I could get a sizeable grant to study the use of Ouija Boards! I can remember Amityville when it was a headline, not rewritten history and a time when an out of body experience was considered extraordinary and no one was talking about its military implications!

In the world of the paranormal there were always two broad groups, the serious seekers and the promoters… and each knew what camp the other was in, but those were also the days when I said that Amityville would burn out…I never saw the story blossoming into a cottage industry and could never have predicted that many of the “so-called” Amityville experts would rise from a generation not yet born on the fateful night of the murders all those years ago. Proof once again that I am not psychic. Virtually all of the original players in that psycho-drama are now gone yet it is still the most misunderstood story ever told.

If anything Amityville set a new direction. Anyone can come forward to tell a story and call it truth and unfortunately tens of thousands will follow. Amityville was the first, but there have been many others over the years and people are as gullible as ever, no matter how you try to explain the truth or stress the need for corroboration and evidence.
Full text at:
http://fatemag.com/wordpress/2009/12/28 ... mal-style/

:roll:

Jetstar3D
Shiner

Post by Jetstar3D » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:19 pm

:beer: :hug:

rcgibbs
Amityville Member

Post by rcgibbs » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:21 pm

there are holes in morans story big enough to throw a dead dog through