2009 parole hearing transcripts

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Re: 2009 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Shawn » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:33 pm

bella2005 wrote:Ronnie is terminally ill at being an idiot.

LOL! If he was any more stupid the prison guards would need to water him once a week!
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.
Shawn
Been there, Done that

Postby Howard64 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:37 pm

tip toe...thru the tulips...

right Shawn? :)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Shawn » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.
Shawn
Been there, Done that

Postby Howard64 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:52 pm

LMAO!!! exactly :)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby bella2005 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:39 pm

OMG Tiny Tim scares me! LOL

I can't wait to see the new transcript. I am wondering if the demon possession/mob killings are going to come up.
bella2005
Great Scott!

Postby Architect of light 75 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:28 am

Wow that was interesting now...

I read it all and I was thinking about the inside of The House while reading, the look of the place, the style of the mid 70's... the fact that it was a crime scene with bodies... wow... I've made a movie in my head..

Are we 100% sure it was raining hard that night ? It makes that story even more impressive.

Take care.
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby VampireKen » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:31 am

Dan, are you going to get the transcripts from this years hearing?
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:26 am

I too would be very interested in seeing this year's transcripts
Like a child left to roam, you found me, your arms were my home
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:46 am

There's a chance Dan might get the transcript before it happens this year - stay tuned!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby VampireKen » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:56 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:There's a chance Dan might get the transcript before it happens this year - stay tuned!
:applause: :applause: :applause:

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210
VampireKen

Postby msmart112 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:57 am

kathyM wrote:I cant wait for his upcoming parole hearing to hear what new twist to the story he comes up with.

bella2005 wrote:I can't wait to see the new transcript.

VampireKen wrote:Dan, are you going to get the transcripts from this years hearing?

Evanguy Reincarnated wrote:I too would be very interested in seeing this year's transcripts

Dan's been pretty busy lately...so maybe one of you could get this year's transcripts...and then scan them...upload them somewhere...and then post them here?

All you need to do is send a letter like this...

Records Access Officer
New York State Division of Parole
97 Central Avenue
Albany, NY 12206

Re: Freedom of Information Law Request

Records Access Officer:

Under the provisions of the New York Freedom of Information Law, Article 6 of the Public Officers Law, I hereby request all available transcripts pertaining to Ronald DeFeo’s (DIN # 75A4053) 2011 parole hearing that took place at the Green Haven Correctional Facility.

I am aware that there may be a copy charge for each page of the requested transcripts. Please let me know what the total charges amount to and I will promptly remit payment.

As you know, the Freedom of Information Law requires that an agency respond to a request within five business days of receipt of a request. Therefore, I would appreciate a response as soon as possible and look forward to hearing from you shortly.

If for any reason any portion of my request is denied, please inform me of the reasons for the denial in writing and provide the name and address of the person or body to whom an appeal should be directed.

Sincerely,

Signature ____________________________________
Name _______________________________________
Address _____________________________________
City, State, ZIP code __________________________

...the total cost should be under $15.00.

Cheers!
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Funny story -- when I got these 2009 transcripts, the mailman delivered them to the wrong box; so my neighbor comes by and hands me this big envelope with "STATE OF NEW YORK - DIVISION OF PAROLE" stamped on it.

I didn't give it a second thought until later. I wonder what they must think... :think:
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Rokiisun » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:30 pm

I didn't give it a second thought until later. I wonder what they must think... ]

Have your neighbours spoken to you since?

When was Ronnie's parole hearing? I knew it was sometime this month, but the date I'm unsure of. Cheers :)
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby kathyM » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Wish everyone would stop quoting me.
Notice I said I cant wait to hear what Ronnie has to say? Notice that I did not ask for anyone to get the transcript for me?
GEEZE!
kathyM
Princess

Postby Shawn » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:09 pm

msmart112 wrote:
kathyM wrote:I cant wait for his upcoming parole hearing to hear what new twist to the story he comes up with.

bella2005 wrote:I can't wait to see the new transcript.

VampireKen wrote:Dan, are you going to get the transcripts from this years hearing?

Evanguy Reincarnated wrote:I too would be very interested in seeing this year's transcripts

Dan's been pretty busy lately...so maybe one of you could get this year's transcripts...and then scan them...upload them somewhere...and then post them here?

All you need to do is send a letter like this...

Records Access Officer
97 Central Avenue
Albany, NY 12206

Re: Freedom of Information Law Request

Records Access Officer:

Under the provisions of the New York Freedom of Information Law, Article 6 of the Public Officers Law, I hereby request all available transcripts pertaining to Ronald DeFeo’s (DIN # 75A4053) 2011 parole hearing that took place at the Green Haven Correctional Facility.

I am aware that there may be a copy charge for each page of the requested transcripts. Please let me know what the total charges amount to and I will promptly remit payment.

As you know, the Freedom of Information Law requires that an agency respond to a request within five business days of receipt of a request. Therefore, I would appreciate a response as soon as possible and look forward to hearing from you shortly.

If for any reason any portion of my request is denied, please inform me of the reasons for the denial in writing and provide the name and address of the person or body to whom an appeal should be directed.

Sincerely,

Signature ____________________________________
Name _______________________________________
Address _____________________________________
City, State, ZIP code __________________________

...the total cost should be under $15.00.

Cheers!

I could do that, actually would be happy to. I figure I could foot the 15 bucks then scan it and upload to photobucket then post it? Is that doable? I could always sell the papers on ebay and make my money back. I have been a member here a really long time and would like to contribute something. :)

Max, will help me if needed?
Shawn
Been there, Done that

Postby Dan the Damned » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:00 pm

As Max says, it was pretty easy. I started by sending them a letter formatted like this:

Daniel T. Damned, Esq
1234 Main Street
Orange County, CA 90000
(714) 526-8195

August 14, 2009

Records Access Officer
97 Central Avenue
Albany, NY 12206

RECORDS REQUEST

Re: Request for Hearing Transcript
Ronald DeFeo, DIN# 75A4053

Dear Records Request Officer:

Pursuant to the state open records act, I request copies of all available transcripts pertaining to the 2009 parole hearing for Ronald DeFeo (DIN #75A4053) which I believe took place at Green Haven Correctional Facility.

I realize there may be copy fees involved for such a transcript, and I will submit a payment to you when informed of the total invoice.

If my request is denied in whole or in part, I ask that you justify all deletions by reference to specific exemptions of the act.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

[sign and print your name]

They replied very quickly. I got a response the following week telling me that they have ordered the transcript and would notify me once it was received, at which time they would also tell me the cost (the cost is per page, so if Ronnie rambles on and on, it will cost more).

About 5 weeks later (Sept 25) they sent me another letter saying the transcript had arrived and the amount due was $5.50 (14 pages @ 25 cents/page -- I guess the extra $2 was some other fee?). The letter told me who to send the payment to and said once payment was received they would send me the transcript.

About a month after that (Oct 19) I finally received the transcript. So it took 2 months total. It's a bureaucracy, so it can move slow sometimes...

His parole hearing is scheduled for this month, but not sure of the exact day. Looking at the NY Inmate website, it doesn't look like the hearing has taken place yet, as it still lists "07/2011" as his next parole hearing date. I would wait until that date changes (to 2013) before sending in a request, or you might get sent a copy of his 2009 hearing by mistake...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:05 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I would wait until that date changes (to 2013) before sending in a request

How dare you assume he won't get out! :twisted:
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby VampireKen » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:38 pm

I have a very odd feeling that if Casey Anthony got away with murder, then Defeo may get out, just a strange feeling. Maybe he will just give in this time and tell what happened, maybe shed a few tears, but even then, would they let him out? We may never know....or we may soon know.

VampireKen

Postby 35Marlin » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:42 am

Do you think when hes alone in his cell he ever breaks down when he thinks about his family. Or what he did to them.
35Marlin
Amityville Member

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:53 am

35Marlin wrote:Do you think when hes alone in his cell he ever breaks down when he thinks about his family. Or what he did to them.

A normal person yes but from what I have learned about Butch I doubt he feels any remorse. He has changed his story so many times I think even he has convinced himself that he was not guilty
Like a child left to roam, you found me, your arms were my home
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby Rokiisun » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:07 am

It's likely that he will continue going with the 'Dawn did it' story, unless he decides to change it to an alternative because he already used the 'Dawn did it' story less than a year ago for that awful A&E documentary. As it is now August his parole hearing should be over with. I would like to get a hold of the new transcript, but I don't know what their policy is on allowing someone like myself from the UK to have access to them, let alone paying out for the photocopies.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

PreviousNext

Return to DeFeo Discussion