2009 parole hearing transcripts

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Re:

Postby VampireKen » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:56 am

Dan the Damned wrote:I wouldn't put it past him, Nick.

Maybe one day he'll say he was possessed. I'm kinda surprised he hasn't gone with that one yet -- for just like with Moran's version, Ronnie would be innocent -- possession would mean Ronnie was "forced" to kill. Then he can go through some phony prison exorcism ceremony.

"Okay guys, the demons have left me. Can I go home now?"

I have to lol at this post because it appears this is what he's going for.....again :lol:
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Re: 2009 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Tim » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:59 am

Lol @ Chuck E. :clap: Cheese!!
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:00 pm

I knew someone would call! :D
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Tim » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:54 pm

:clap: Well done.
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Postby VampireKen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:18 pm

How did Ronnie get held for 24 months after the 2002 hearing, but went up for parole again in 2003?

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210
VampireKen

Postby msmart112 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:10 pm

VampireKen wrote:How did Ronnie get held for 24 months after the 2002 hearing, but went up for parole again in 2003?

Ronnie had a parole hearing scheduled for 2001...but because of an appeal that he had filed (that was still being considered)...he requested that his 2001 parole hearing be postponed (since anything that he may have said at that parole hearing could have been used in the appeal decision).

So...his 2001 parole hearing didn’t take place until 2002.

Long story short...they retroactively applied his 24 month hold to his originally scheduled 2001 hearing date.
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby VampireKen » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:04 pm

msmart112 wrote:
VampireKen wrote:How did Ronnie get held for 24 months after the 2002 hearing, but went up for parole again in 2003?

Ronnie had a parole hearing scheduled for 2001...but because of an appeal that he had filed (that was still being considered)...he requested that his 2001 parole hearing be postponed (since anything that he may have said at that parole hearing could have been used in the appeal decision).

So...his 2001 parole hearing didn’t take place until 2002.

Long story short...they retroactively applied his 24 month hold to his originally scheduled 2001 hearing date.

Appeal of the murders? Or another case?

VampireKen

Postby Amity108 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Even if for some strange reason he ever did get out on parole, he would never be able to adapt to todays society. We have come a longgg way since 1974. Society and the way of life have changed so much since then. Dude would spend the rest of his life in a halfway house. If I were him, after being in there so long, I wouldnt even bother wanting to come out. I've heard of some prisoners after serving many years behind bars then being released, end up wanting to go back to prison because of the change of civilization in which they couldnt handle.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby scipio-USMC » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:03 pm

He's never getting out. He refuses to take full responsibility for his actions let alone to act contrite.

The fact he tells the Parole Board a new story each time cements it and worse each tale he tells is not only contradicted by his previous story but the evidence.

In this account he beat Dawn with a rifle, shot her then put her into bed afterwards to make it appear she was killed in her sleep.

1) If he smashed her with a rifle she would have had bruises

2) If he shot her before she was in her bed the blood evidence would have indicated such as well as the bullet trajectory.

3) If she had fired weapons as claimed she would have had gun shot residue on her and had none

The physical evidence totally contradicts the claims.

Moreover, his claim one of the bullets in his mother was unidentified and that this bullet was from a .38 his sister had is flat out wrong. The bullet was identified as a .35 caliber rifle round and had impressions of being fired by a 336C Marlin rifle. It merely didn't have enough markings to be tied spcecifically to Ron's Marlin rifle. HOWEVER the 8 spent casings were dumped in the sewer and all 8 were definitely tied to Ron's Marlin 336C. The firing pin indentaitons and extraction marks on the casisng were conclusively tied to his rifle.

That means his rifle definitely fired 8 shots. The victims suffered 8 wounds from a .35 Caliber weapon. There were no OTHER bullets found. If 1 rifle rounf had missed the floor or wall would have had a big hole where it struck. High Hopes has a photo section and in it is the hole in the floor of the Hick's house that the weapon made. The Police and future occupants of the house all missed a hole like that? Give me a damn break.

In 2009 he said Dawn shot his mother and then he subsequently shot her to put her out of her misery because she was dying. He implied that is why he did it anyway. In 2011 he said his mother was reaching for a .38 kept in her dresser so that is why he shot her then Dawn finished her off. Never do his stories match and they are pure BS anyway because both rounds were .35 Remington. The technical name of the caliber is .35 Remington.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby Jacobmarley1 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:43 am

Amity108 wrote:Even if for some strange reason he ever did get out on parole, he would never be able to adapt to todays society. We have come a longgg way since 1974. Society and the way of life have changed so much since then. Dude would spend the rest of his life in a halfway house. If I were him, after being in there so long, I wouldnt even bother wanting to come out. I've heard of some prisoners after serving many years behind bars then being released, end up wanting to go back to prison because of the change of civilization in which they couldnt handle.

The only difference between 1974 and 2013 is technology. Otherwise, life is life, whatever the year. You still need money, you still need security, food, & shelter. So what if you never held a DVD or CD in your hands? So what if you can't download MP3's? So what if you never operated a microwave before - it isn't much of a learning curve to press the 2 minute button.

Ronnie, or any other paroled prisoner from the 70s, would do just fine, just so long as they had some kind of money to fall back on. With all those years in prison - if they don't have some kind of college degree by now, then they can flip burgers at McDonalds - after all, they had McDonalds in the 70's.
Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Postby IrishChris1979 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Does anybody know what day this month Ronnie's parole hearing is? All I know is it's supposed to be sometime this July 2013. I'd like to know how it went. Thanks
IrishChris1979
Amityville Member

Postby Rokiisun » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Date's now discussed in another thread. It's the 30th in two days time.

If anything of a breakthrough occurs (such as Ronnie actually showing remorse,
admitting to the killings of the kids and what really went down that night) then
it should totally hit breaking news before the transcripts get released.

But it will never happen. Same old story will be told, 'I don't remember anything
that night, but I will contradict myself by saying I do remember shooting my father,
I do remember shooting my mother out of self defence and I also remember shooting my
oldest sister because I remember she shot the kids! I was innocent! But I cannot remember
a single thing that happened that night.' You get my drift.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby Baphomet666 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:09 pm

Im wondering if he will live long enough too see his next parole hearing.He has Hep C and is slowly dying.How will the world react to his death?
There are too many things I cant explain that happened in that house.Harry,our dog at the time,tried to hang himself. G.Lutz
Baphomet666
The Guardian of Mother Earth

Postby Rokiisun » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:38 pm

I doubt it'll be discussed much in the media.
Ronnie will be like Brady and probably take his secrets to the grave.
That's if Ronnie has secrets, of course, we really don't know anymore...
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby scipio-USMC » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:42 pm

Rokiisun wrote:I doubt it'll be discussed much in the media.
Ronnie will be like Brady and probably take his secrets to the grave.
That's if Ronnie has secrets, of course, we really don't know anymore...

The only secret to speak of is his motive. What is the catalyst that led him to kill them. There had to be something that made him do it at the time he did. Was he being kicked out? DId he do it for money? Motive is not an element of a crime and need not be proved in court so the trial never established such. This is the question most wonder about and the only secret of any significance he harbors.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby Rokiisun » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:59 am

I think we would all like to know of his motive.
I think it had something to do with the money he
stole from the dealership and what he did with it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:43 am

When is Ronalds next parole hearing?
Like a child left to roam, you found me, your arms were my home
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:30 pm

He had one this year - we don't have the transcript yet.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:30 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:He had one this year - we don't have the transcript yet.

Thanks Sherb!
Like a child left to roam, you found me, your arms were my home
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Re:

Postby Troodon Roar » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:29 pm

Link the Labrador wrote:
EDIT III: Wow, he says Dawn was 19? Hmmm...*googles Dawn DeFeo* Wrong again, Butchie. She was 18 years old.

Well, seeing as Dawn DeFeo was born in July 1956, and 9 months prior to that would be around October 1955, and the murders happened in November 1974, I would say that, in reality, there's a good chance that Dawn was, indeed, 19 years old at the time that she was killed. Now, legally, it is true that she was 18 years old at the time. But a person's legal age is different from their actual (biological) age.
Troodon Roar
Amityville Member

Postby maureenash » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:26 am

9 parole hearing transcript
maureenash
Amityville Member

PreviousNext

Return to DeFeo Discussion