Dawns Boyfriend

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Dawns Boyfriend

Postby CBR1000RR » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:27 pm

Hello everyone I would like to introduce myself, my name is John. I live in London Ont. Canada.... I have always had an interest in the Defeo murder. So recently I have found a bunch of websites dealing with the whole murder!! This is great that there is a whole discussion board dedicated to it. So this is my first post....

Does anyone know who Dawn's b/f at the time of the murders was.... He was supposedly down in Sunny Florida and there is some thought that Dawn may have been involved do to the fact her parents wouldn't let her join her b/f in Florida. So anyways that’s my question, who was he if he really existed and has he ever told his story on this whole matter?

Thxs
John E.
CBR1000RR
Amityville Member

Re: Dawns Boyfriend

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:32 am

In this link is an affidavit from William Davidge, Dawn's boyfriend, concerning what was going on in Dawn's life and with her family as he knew it at the time:

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/reference/davidge.html
Actions speak louder than words....
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Postby surferguy72 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:08 am

Chichibcc wrote:In this link is an affidavit from William Davidge, Dawn's boyfriend, concerning what was going on in Dawn's life and with her family as he knew it at the time:

He doesnt mention anything about geraldine gates in there so that must mean she was a fraud and didnt meet butch until 1985.correct me if Im wrong. :think:
surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:53 pm

surferguy72 wrote:
Chichibcc wrote:In this link is an affidavit from William Davidge, Dawn's boyfriend, concerning what was going on in Dawn's life and with her family as he knew it at the time:

He doesnt mention anything about geraldine gates in there so that must mean she was a fraud and didnt meet butch until 1985.correct me if Im wrong. :think:

No, you're exactly right...if you want more info on Geraldine, and all the other lies she has created, check out this site:

http://www.injusticesofamityville.com/tne/
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Postby surferguy72 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Yep,that pretty much sums it up right there.Geraldine Gates was an imposter from the start looking to cash in on ol butch.I guess now Osuna and Katzenbach are her next victims. :puke: :breakdance:
surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Oh I think Osuna and Katzenbach knew exactly what they were getting themselves into... ;)
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby CBR1000RR » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Swwweet thanks a lot guys.girls....... i seriously didnt know there was soooo much info out there.... thanks again everyone
CBR1000RR
Amityville Member

Postby msammons » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Welcome to the board CBR. You will find some of the nicest people here. They are also very knowledgeable about the case. :D.

The affidavit is interesting, just read it for the first time. It doesn't case Dawn in a particularly good light. Is there any prevailing thought on this guy's credibility?
msammons
Amityville Addict

Postby bella2005 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:42 pm

msammons wrote:Welcome to the board CBR. You will find some of the nicest people here. They are also very knowledgeable about the case. :D.

The affidavit is interesting, just read it for the first time. It doesn't case Dawn in a particularly good light. Is there any prevailing thought on this guy's credibility?

You know this has always bothered me. It really doesn't make Dawn sound very good. Why would her boyfriend do that? It seems that he is doing this on behalf of Butch's case. Why would you help out the person who murdered your girlfriend?
bella2005
Great Scott!

Postby msmart112 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:43 pm

bella2005 wrote:You know this has always bothered me. It really doesn't make Dawn sound very good. Why would her boyfriend do that? It seems that he is doing this on behalf of Butch's case. Why would you help out the person who murdered your girlfriend?

Here are two old threads that might help you make sense of this "affidavit"...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2869

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4648
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Thanks Max!!! :D
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Chichibcc » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:30 am

msmart112 wrote:Here are two old threads that might help you make sense of this "affidavit"...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2869

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4648

Thank you...I had heard that some of the other affidavits signed in this case may have been bogus, but reading these threads was quite an eye-opener....

in one of the threads, zzvampy said that Dawn's best friend at the time had no idea who William Davidge was, which I found particularly odd...I don't see why Dawn wouldn't have told her she was seeing this guy. Maybe he doesn't exist, either...like the fake "brother-in-law" created by Geraldine.

Anyway, I now have a better understanding of why affidavits aren't always taken seriously in court.
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Postby msammons » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:25 am

Thanks for the links Max. This is one of the reasons this case is so interesting. You have all this uncertainty surrounding it. I mean, Ronnie did it, but why would these people file false affidavits? Plus the questions surrounding the Lutzes. I think this is what keeps it going after more than 30 years.
msammons
Amityville Addict

Postby msmart112 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:36 am

msammons wrote:I mean, Ronnie did it, but why would these people file false affidavits?

As DB would say...

$$$$$

...but another reason could be that Ronnie lied to these people as to why he wanted them to sign the affidavits. In a written statement that John Carswell provided to the Suffolk County DAs office...he wrote...

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby msammons » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:25 pm

well money talks as they say. don't know why that didn't occur to me. Thanks for the screen shot of the note, very interesting.
msammons
Amityville Addict

Postby bella2005 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks for posting those links. Makes MUCH more sense now. I just couldn't imagine someone killing their whole family because they won't let them move to Florida. She was 18 she could have moved away if she wanted to.
bella2005
Great Scott!

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:13 pm

She was 18 she could have moved away if she wanted to.

Exactly.

That's exactly as I see it. I can't repeat it enough.

And Ronnie was 23. If he was being abused by his father, he could have moved away 5 years prior. Or he could have run away before that. I just don't get how people try to put the blame on the parents for causing Ronnie to kill. If life is intolerable at Daddy's house, then get the hell out! Why live in hell for 5 years after your turn into an adult instead of getting your own little bachelor pad? Just like the demon voice said: GET OUT!
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Grim_Reaper » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Abused people dont behaive rationally Dan. often the victim forms an emotional attachment to his/her tormentor.
add that on top of Ron not being able to hold down a Job and you can see that yeah he may have been able to leave but really did not have the means to stay out on his own. he had become too dependant on dad to support him.
Perhaps the dad should have kicked him out sooner as a wake up call to the reality of being able to support yourself.
I did it with my oldest son, who also had emotional issues and liked to take them out on myself and his younger brother, when he turned 18. (issues came from abuse he suffered because of his mother before i got custody) and it did shake him up for a while that when i did let him back he was better for it. not 100 percent but just better.

in rons case, yeah he had legally been an adult for 5 years by the time he killed his family but he still had a serious amount of growing up to do
Grim_Reaper
Amityville Addict

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:34 pm

Okay. Yeah, you might be right... I guess I can see that... A rational man would leave home -- and a rational man would not slaughter his family...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Tim » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:39 pm

lol @ Dan.You have a WAY WITH WORDS. And yet it makes so much sense!
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Postby bella2005 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:

Exactly.

That's exactly as I see it. I can't repeat it enough.

And Ronnie was 23. If he was being abused by his father, he could have moved away 5 years prior. Or he could have run away before that. I just don't get how people try to put the blame on the parents for causing Ronnie to kill. If life is intolerable at Daddy's house, then get the hell out! Why live in hell for 5 years after your turn into an adult instead of getting your own little bachelor pad? Just like the demon voice said: GET OUT!

LOL Dan. I am glad you agree! Yeah and with Ronnie if he is 23 and his life was so horrible at home and he was being abused every day, just move! Then again if he did that he would lose all the money and luxuries I am sure his parents were providing him with. I am sure his dad was very hard on him but it sounds like he was a troublemaker and I think his dad was fed up.
bella2005
Great Scott!

Next

Return to DeFeo Discussion