Youtube

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
CBR1000RR
Amityville Member

Youtube

Post by CBR1000RR » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Hey everyone there is a multi part video on youtube called the Real Amittyville Horror, you should all check it out.. I have to believe Dawn was involved in this murder in some way... Apparently she was seen by police that were watching the Defeo's home leave the house that night with a rifle... Man this :) flower :) is sooo interesting.... I would like to dedicate the song Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry to Dawn T Defeo!!! HAHAHAHA... i would link these vid's but all the youtube vid's i have tried to watch on here have been removed just search The Real Amittyville Horror.

John

shank
Carpe Diem

Re: Youtube

Post by shank » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:39 am

:fp:

:hammer:
Whatever.

[img]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii221/shanks_tank/ga.gif[/img]

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:30 pm

:fp:

:wall:
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Post by surferguy72 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:33 pm

nah,it was the dog shaggy that told her to do it. :fp: :lol: :lol: :lol:

costerluver
Amityville Addict

Post by costerluver » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:49 pm

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Some people are like slinkies. They're really good for nothing but they still put a smile on your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

By the time you finish reading this you would have realized that it doesn't say anything worth reading and that you just wasted 5 seconds of your life

Grim_Reaper
Amityville Addict

Post by Grim_Reaper » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:09 pm

surferguy72 wrote:nah,it was the dog shaggy that told her to do it. :fp: :lol: :lol: :lol:
so someone got into the scooby snacks?

rcgibbs
Amityville Member

Post by rcgibbs » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:25 pm

cbr1000 your funny, keep posting :P

Link the Labrador
The Lab from Amityville

Post by Link the Labrador » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:56 am

CBR1000RR wrote:Hey everyone there is a multi part video on youtube called the Real Amittyville Horror, you should all check it out.. I have to believe Dawn was involved in this murder in some way... Apparently she was seen by police that were watching the Defeo's home leave the house that night with a rifle... Man this :) flower :) is sooo interesting.... I would like to dedicate the song Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry to Dawn T Defeo!!! HAHAHAHA... i would link these vid's but all the youtube vid's i have tried to watch on here have been removed just search The Real Amittyville Horror.

John
Um...Do you really believe this is true?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:16 am

That was posted back in June. I would like to think that he has since read more about the claims of Dawn's involvement, but judging from the chat session a few days ago, I don't think he has.

There were NO police watching the house on the night of the murders. Obviously if there were, there would be an arrest made right then and there, and it would be mentioned in the book "High Hopes" as well as the newspaper accounts.

This is a bastardization of Rick Moran's wild claim. Moran claimed that there was a DEA agent (not the police) watching the house that night who saw the murders go down. And that claim is bullsh*t.

The trouble with Moran’s theory (which he claimed was as easy to read as the morning paper) is that it goes against virtually all available evidence. Let’s examine a few of his claims as made in his 2004 Fortean Times article (which, again, is reprinted verbatim on the Amityville Page of Moran’s ASUP website).
  • "First, is the fact that everyone in the house, except for Dawn DeFeo, was shot with a rifle."--Rick Moran, Fortean Times, 2004
This is simply not true. Everyone in the house was shot with a .35 Marlin rifle, as confirmed by police ballistics tests:

• "Dawn, by contrast, was the only one who had gunpowder residue on the shoulder of her nightgown. That, forensic experts will tell you, would suggest she fired the rifle."--Rick Moran, Fortean Times, 2004
The SCPD lab reports state that what was found on Dawn's nightgown were "gunpowder particles":

And, as Moran suggested, here is an expert to tell us exactly what that means:

So why does Moran continue to think Dawn was killed by a different weapon? He is most likely confusing the fact that on one of the bullets (Item #33 below, which struck Louise, the mother) there was not enough evidence to conclude it came from the same rifle as the others.
This bullet was, however, confirmed to have come from a .35 Marlin. They just couldn't tell for certain if it matched the same .35 Marlin which was used against everyone else.
In other words, there could have been another gun used on Louise, but only if it was a second .35 Marlin rifle -- and this is only possible with Louise, not Dawn.
  • "More important is DeFeo's first statement to the police. He told officers he had not killed anyone, except Dawn; she was killed with his handgun, which was never retrieved."--Rick Moran, Fortean Times, 2004
Ronnie's first statement to the police is displayed on the Amityvillefiles website. You can read it for yourself at this link. Nowhere in this statement does Ronnie claim to have killed Dawn. Far from it. He blamed the murders on a supposed mafioso. It would be almost an entire year later before Ronnie would give a version of the story which ended with him killing Dawn (after she killed the kids). And even then - when it was told during this September 29th examination by a psychiatrist -- DeFeo never mentioned killing Dawn with a handgun. He has never claimed to have killed Dawn with a handgun -- not in any version he's given to date! In every scenario he's given (where he kills Dawn) its always done with the same Marlin rifle that was used against the rest of the family.

And of course the police lab results confirm that Dawn was killed by the same .35 Marlin rifle that was used against everyone else.
All looks bleak for plucky Rick Moran, as the evidence seems solidly against his claims. Fortunately, though, he has an eyewitness! It seems one of his friends, Mike Shaner (deceased), was an SCPD officer involved with the DeFeo investigation. Shaner told Moran that a suspicious car had been spotted as being constantly in the area prior to the murders. This car always had one sole occupant, was always within view of the house, and it displayed a "US Department of Health" parking permit. Interesting. Moran then finds out from another source that the Department of Justice's Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) often uses vehicles with this parking permit in their surveillance operations.

Luckily, Moran has friends at the DEA! He visits and asks if anyone knew about the DeFeo house being under surveillance by them at the time of the murders. He isn't told then and there, but assured he'd get an eventual answer. A week later, Moran receives an anonymous call telling him the following information:
  • • Yes, the DeFeo house was under surveillance at the time of the murders (for suspicion of drug smuggling)

• The DEA officer watching the house saw the murders going down, represented as flashes in the 2nd floor windows accompanied by muffled roars coming from within the house

• Next he observed Dawn (carrying what appeared to be a rifle) leaving the house, getting into her car and driving south, toward the dock (where the Amityville creek meets the bay)

• A few minutes later Dawn returns without the rifle

• Ronnie leaves for work later in the morning

• 24 hours later, a man comes to the house

• Within minutes of that, the area was swarming with police
Moran treats this as eyewitness evidence proving that Dawn threw the murder weapon into the bay, ignoring the fact that police ballistics experts confirmed Dawn was killed by that very same rifle (see above documents). So the DEA agent's story conflicts with the police ballistics tests -- Dawn could not be shot by a rifle which was, at that same time, sitting at the bottom of the bay. Unless, again, maybe there was a conspiracy between the the district attorney's office, the homicide detectives, the medical examiners, the head of the firearms laboratory and other police officers to keep this story of a handgun hidden. Creating and maintaining such a grand conspiracy would require much more work than just admitting Dawn was involved in the murders.

Missing rifles aside, there seems to be other major problems with this DEA story. Strike two comes when the DEA agent describes how the area was swarming with police just minutes after "a man came to the house." But as explained in High Hopes (the book about the DeFeo case written by the prosecuting attorney, Gerard Sullivan), it wasn't just one man approaching the house at that time -- it was Ronnie with a group of at least 5 people from the bar down the road. This is confirmed by eyewitness testimony as well as the 911 call, made from the house by a friend of Ronnie's (where Ronnie and others are referred to and heard in the background).

Other questions persist as well. Why didn't police spot and question this lone stranger sitting alone in his car silently watching the murder house as they arrived? Why didn't this DEA agent inform the police of what he saw? To the latter question, Moran explains that he did not want to compromise an ongoing investigation, but he also states that the DEA later sent a memo to the Suffolk County police detailing what was witnessed (Dawn's actions). This information was put into the DeFeo record by officer Mike Shaner, himself.

But wait -- if Shaner put the DEA memo into the DeFeo case file, himself, then that means he knew the DEA had been watching the house. So why did he phrase it that way? Why did he describe it as "a suspicious car" if he knew full well it was the DEA? A "suspicious car" and a DEA car are two very different things.

Unfortunately (or should I say "suspiciously") Moran tells us that this DEA memo was later removed from the DeFeo file by SCPD officials and lost forever. So I guess that means we can't verify this information with them. Mike Shaner is dead, so we can't speak to him about this; and the DEA informant was anonymous, so we can't verify this with him, either. Though if the DEA officially sent this memo to the SCPD, and the DEA case on the DeFeos was closed, it surely was no longer a secret -- so I don't understand why the agent would feel the need to call Moran anonymously.

Lastly, another problem with this DEA information is the timeline.
  • "This same agent said that he saw Butch leave the house the next morning. Twentyfour hours later, another man came to the house and within minutes, the area was swarming with police."--Rick Moran, Fortean Times, 2004
The murders went down around 3am on November 13th. The police arrived about 15 hours later, at 6:40pm -- not 24 hours after Ronnie left for work, and not in the morning. Wouldn't an agent assigned to watch a house be taking detailed notes? Rick Moran claims he was at the scene with the other reporters. Didn't Rick know what time of day it was when he was there? As a reporter, didn't Moran ask the police when the call was made or when they arrived on the scene?

I certainly don't believe this DEA story -- but more importantly, why does Rick Moran?

csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Post by csullivan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:25 am

Dan the Damned wrote:I certainly don't believe this DEA story -- but more importantly, why does Rick Moran?
I dont believe the DEA story either,and as far as Moran...WHAT THE HELL ....thanks for posting this Dan

csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Post by csullivan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:39 am

oh my god...i am so sorry everyone...i tried to reply to this and somehow it got all messed up...Dan I am so very sorry...is there any way you can fix this...i noticed my name is on top of this topic...again i am so very sorry

Link the Labrador
The Lab from Amityville

Post by Link the Labrador » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:18 pm

csullivan wrote:oh my god...i am so sorry everyone...i tried to reply to this and somehow it got all messed up...Dan I am so very sorry...is there any way you can fix this...i noticed my name is on top of this topic...again i am so very sorry
Don't be sorry. We're not trying to make you feel bad or call you an idiot. We're just clearing up a few misconceptions. =) That's one of the points of this fourm's existance. We're all friends here. :D

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:53 pm

I fixed your first reply and deleted the duplicate. No worries. Thanks for showing concern instead of simply leaving it for us to find. You'll get the hang of how the BBCode works with time.

I'm honestly a nice guy. I don't get pissed-off when that happens -- only when people do it over and over and don't seem to care that they do it. So don't give it another thought.

One suggestion, though -- when there's a long post like that one, it's best to just quote a tiny portion of it, or not quote any of it at all and just put your reply. It's not a big deal, but you'll find that people will treat you nicer if you don't quote everything.

And if you have a question on how the BBCode works, here's a link:

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... ode=bbcode

Oh, and your name appears at the top of the topic because you made the last post (at the time). That's all that is -- it's just showing who the most recent reply is from. That's normal.

Welcome to the board, if I didn't say that already. :D

csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Post by csullivan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:44 am

thanks,Dan for your help with this...i really appreciate it