Psychic Medium Jackie Barrett

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Psychic Medium Jackie Barrett

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:38 pm

I've never heard of this woman before, but she claims to have been in the house "many years ago" and that Ronnie recently gave her his "rights to the story", lol

INTERVIEW - listen to the last 15 minutes.

She talks about Ronnie, his "drugged-up" A&E appearance, Tracey (see her response) and the satanic red room!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Psychic Medium Jackie Barrett

Postby msmart112 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:40 pm

:lol:

This woman is even more of a fraud than Lorraine Warren...

http://skepticwiki.org/index.php/Jackie_barrett
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Tracey says she is just after Ronnie's paintings? Like anyone believes Ronnie created any of those paintings. :roll: (For those new to the board, read this other thread for more info on that.)

Interesting link, Max. Seems Tracey isn't the only person who doesn't put her faith behind this Jackie Barrett lady. I like her claims made about Manson and Padre Pio, especially. :clap:
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby surferguy72 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:13 am

sounds like another fanatic trying to get recogntion and maybe cash in as well. :liar:
surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:54 am

LOL... I download the interview and click on a random point near the end. "Now that's a very good question -- no one has ever axed me that." :rotate:

This will be fun. Gonna grab some breakfast and then listen later...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby tomspy77 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:28 am

Dan the Damned wrote:Tracey says she is just after Ronnie's paintings? Like anyone believes Ronnie created any of those paintings. :roll: (For those new to the board, read this other thread for more info on that.)

I think that was the point. This psychic looks like a BIG fraud from the link above (For what it is worth, I have not done research on her or anything, so it's a first reaction thing I guess lol.), so I think perhaps they got together so Injustice could sell more posters and t-shirts.

I do however love that house painting that Ronnie did *not!* do, it almost looks like a Van Gough, which is really cool.
tomspy77
Son of Davros

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:21 am

You're suggesting that Tracey and Jackie got together on this in order for them to sell copies of Ronnie's artwork? So that would mean Jackie is cool with Tracey disparaging her reputation in order to get a cut from the profits of a few items, which would likely net her maybe $100 or so. Doesn't seem likely. I haven't listened to the interview yet (found ants and am cleaning my kitchen), but I doubt Jackie mentions that Ronnie's artwork is for sale during the interview or anything...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby surferguy72 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:25 am

Who would want them.I dont think they would be worth anything whether they are Ronnies or not.Compare to The Defeo portraits.
surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Postby tomspy77 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:You're suggesting that Tracey and Jackie got together on this in order for them to sell copies of Ronnie's artwork? So that would mean Jackie is cool with Tracey disparaging her reputation in order to get a cut from the profits of a few items, which would likely net her maybe $100 or so. Doesn't seem likely. I haven't listened to the interview yet (found ants and am cleaning my kitchen), but I doubt Jackie mentions that Ronnie's artwork is for sale during the interview or anything...

Perhaps...just a random thought.

I just always find it odd that frauds are surrounded by other frauds and cast offs from society. Maybe she will allow here to become Ronnie's personal psychic lol.

"Jackie Barret: Offcial medium to Ronald DeFeo" :lol:
tomspy77
Son of Davros

Postby surferguy72 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:27 am

Like crows on a telephone wire. :outofhere:
surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:39 am

Tracey's response got deleted... :|
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby surferguy72 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:40 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Tracey's response got deleted... :|

Tracey actually comes on this site?
surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:09 am

No, on the link in the original post.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Blue » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:14 am

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this seems to be the most appropriate place for my questions.

First, I am a long-time lurker and "fan" if you will of the DeFeo case...I have been through the rounds of lurking here, getting banned from Tracey's various boards, etc. and have followed every twist and turn and new story from Ronnie for years...but then I took a break from Amityville and came back only to discover new and interesting players getting involved, namely Jackie Barrett.

I actually saw her for the first time on some reality show for psychics and she seemed, ummm...trying to be polite...not the best at what she claims to do...then, and seems even less credible to me now after reading her sniping back and forth with Tracey. BUT...one thing she mentioned seems true! And that brings me to my questions.

Jackie Barrett said that Tracey would not be married to Ronnie "for long" and that he was divorcing her. A quick search on the New York State civil case website shows that this is actually TRUE! Ronnie apparently filed for divorce 8/17/2010 (and the court appearance is 10/08 if anyone wants to send their support for either side). Here is the link: http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivi ... ch?param=P . It won't let me post search results, but just plug the DeFeo name in there.

So now that I know that part is true, is there any truth to the rest of it? Has Ronnie give Jackie Barrett "rights" to his story, and is he really "working" with her? In other words, is the rest of what she had to say (except for any psychic abilities or having solved any crimes) true as well?

Just when I thought things were dormant, they go and get interesting again...
Blue
Amityville Addict

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Nah, we like old threads revived. Most people come here asking questions that have already been addressed in old threads.

So you've been around for a long time and have had the opportunity to be banned from Tracey's various boards? What was your old username?

Yes, it does seem that Tracey and Ronnie are getting divorced by the looks of that link you gave. But I have no insider info on anything else relating to that.

Dan the Damned wrote:LOL... I download the interview and click on a random point near the end. "Now that's a very good question -- no one has ever axed me that." :rotate:

This will be fun. Gonna grab some breakfast and then listen later...

That was back in July. I never did get around to listening to it... :doh:
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Blue » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:So you've been around for a long time and have had the opportunity to be banned from Tracey's various boards? What was your old username?

You know, Dan, that was so long ago and so short-lived that I don't even remember. It was almost surely a variation on my first name but I got banned after a single post almost every time. It was 2005 or so back when Tracey was going on about how the autopsy reports proved that Dawn was involved because of the state of rigor mortis at the time of autopsy. I apparently had the unmitigated gall to point out that what she was saying was absolutely NOT what the autopsy report said, and that it was there in black and white for anyone to read (she then quickly took it down if I recall correctly). Basically Tracey "interpreted" the report for all of us and in doing so only showed her lack of understanding not only of the medical terms used but also of the biological processes involved. I was not rude about it or anything, but simply pointed this out and asked if that changed her opinion at all and if there was anything else to support her claims. (Instant ban from thenightexposed board). I forget what led to being banned from the injusticesofamityville board but I am sure it was something similar...an innocent question that I was genuinely curious about and not meant to come down on one side or another. Tracey certainly did have a temper back in the day... LOL

Yes, it does seem that Tracey and Ronnie are getting divorced by the looks of that link you gave. But I have no insider info on anything else relating to that.

It was inevitable; but the divorce doesn't interest me as much as the fact that something that Jackie Barrett said was true. Does this mean the other things she said were true as well? I know you probably don't know either, but is she really working on a book with Ronnie? And more importantly does this mean there will soon be a new, new version of what happened that night?

That was back in July. I never did get around to listening to it... :doh:

I've not listened to it either. I just can't seem to muster up the enthusiasm to do it, but I guess I probably should if I still want to be "informed", huh? :)
Blue
Amityville Addict

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Yeah, I pretty much got the same treatment from Tracey on her boards. Oh well.

I don't have any info on Jackie Barret or any supposed book deals or anything. Last I heard about was that some guy in the UK (Steven Morris) was going to do a book on Ronnie, in conjunction and cooperation with Tracey. Tracey was all excited about it and posted the proposal and chapter listing on her website. According to that chapter listing, the book was going to have chapters devoted to us (this board) as well. That was a couple of years back. Don't know if that's still in the works or not. Probably not...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby kathyM » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:32 pm

Wow, Ronnie sure likes to sue people! Guess it gives him something to do in prison. I see he is suing for medical malpractice. I wonder what that is about.
kathyM
Princess

Postby sjb66 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:02 pm

msmart112 wrote::lol:

This woman is even more of a fraud than Lorraine Warren...

http://skepticwiki.org/index.php/Jackie_barrett

It is incredible that anyone even gives this woman the time of day. How outwardly phoney can someone be? Wow, a missionary with Padre Pio at 5 years old? Man some people have no sense at all. Yeah, I was born in 1963 and I was the Real Beatles Lead guitarist (in the studio LOL, only in the year 1965 thought, Lol).

Karl
sjb66
Amityville Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:54 pm

What songs did you play on?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby L-Dub » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:50 pm

Ooooooh, so Ronnie will be "available" soon ? :pray:

EEeeeeeeeee gaddddddddsssssssss..... :hand: