Psychic Medium Jackie Barrett

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Re: Psychic Medium Jackie Barrett

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:04 pm

Threads merged - reviews start on Page 8, Jacob!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Jackie Barrett's book: "The Devil I Know"

Postby Lavendar77 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Jacobmarley1 wrote:http://www.amazon.com/The-Devil-Know-Haunting-Amityville/dp/0425250423/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376586793&sr=8-1&keywords=THE+DEVIL+I+KNOW

I didn't know she published a book. Has anyone picked it up, out of sheer curiosity?

I have a copy, but have not read it yet. Maybe one day I will break it out.
Lavendar77
Amityville Member

Postby Rokiisun » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:50 am

I haven't read it. Not sure if I want to after watching the documentary a few
years back she did with Ronnie.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:24 am

This is fantastic news.

Ridge psychic who solves crimes with pooch gets TV show

You wouldn’t have to be psychic to see this coming.

A Bay Ridge psychic and medium who works cold cases with the help of her dog is getting her own reality television show.

“This is this awesome break,” said medium Jackie Barrett, who has penned books on her investigations into Amityville Horror slayer Ronald DeFeo and Zodiac Killer copycat Heriberto Seda. “I didn’t want to deal with serial killers anymore.”

In the new show — which she likened to “a spiritual ‘Intervention’ ” — Barrett will help people who have gone through harrowing experiences work through their psychic trauma, she said.

The show won’t be Barrett’s first go-round on the boob tube.

She placed second on the 2008 reality show “America’s Psychic Challenge” and later worked with retired NYPD Captain Sean Crowley on a show about cold cases called “Medium P.I.” But Barrett left the show because working with victims’ families became too depressing, she said.

“After the first show, I wanted to walk away from it,” she said. “There is entertainment, and there’s real life — this is real life. This is people’s children.”

Helping her cope with the dark cases is her pooch pal Violet, who Barrett said has some psychic powers of her own.

“I guess she’s a little intuitive, herself,” Barrett said of the mystic Maltese.

The dog has a knack for picking out sick or ailing people, and once helped Barrett interrogate the New York Zodiac Killer, Barrett said.

“When I asked if he killed a man with little white dog, he would avoid the topic, but Violet would perk up and bark at him,” she said, claiming that the killer eventually admitted the victim was walking a pooch during the attack. “Violet’s not a barker unless she has something to say.”

Barrett, a New Orleans native, moved to Bay Ridge seven years ago for its family-friendly charm and leafy streets, but she may have brought a bit of bad juju with her.

“I have to say, where I am now, I’d probably have a hard time selling my home,” she said. “I’ve experienced a tremendous amount of hauntings. My fireplace that has a mind of its own, lights go on and off...”

A&E did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/37 ... 37_31.html
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby kathyM » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:12 am

I saw her on an episode of Bravo's Million Dollar Listings, New York. She was one of three people brought in to get rid of the spirits in a townhouse. The real estate guy thought she was a nut. :)
kathyM
Princess

Postby BellWitch74 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Alrighty, I've been out of the loop here for a long while. So thread bump!!
Just picked up this book. On page 2 I already knew I didn't trust this broad. Ronnie appeared to her when she was 6?? Please. I don't remember him having such hate for his grandparents, but I could be wrong. Didn't remember DeFeo Sr killing his wife's boyfriend. I just read that Geraldine Gates is Ronnie's aunt....
This is all so off the wall that I'm astounded anyone could believe her. Besides, this is mostly about Jackie than anything Amityville. Her mother's "reputation" bears a strong resemblence to Marie Laveau. People go to her grave to get power from her and leave gifts? That's what they do with Marie, who was defnitely a voodoo priestess in New Orleans. I think she's made up most of this book. I see my opinion is shared on here. I'll finish the book because I'm interested in seeing just how far fetched it can get.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby kblur77 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:10 pm

I don't think I even finished it.
kblur77
Amityville Addict

Postby BellWitch74 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:49 pm

I managed to finish it. Well I skipped her tale after her mother was dragged to Hell and I read Ronnie's sections. I don't know why it was marketed as being new information. He blamed Dawn, again, so not new. Money gimick. Ugh.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby kblur77 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:44 pm

Yep, another ploy to make a buck and get on tv.
kblur77
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Thu May 14, 2015 9:07 am

msmart112 wrote::lol:

This woman is even more of a fraud than Lorraine Warren...

http://skepticwiki.org/index.php/Jackie_barrett

hard to outdo the warrens
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby BellWitch74 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:43 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
msmart112 wrote::lol:

This woman is even more of a fraud than Lorraine Warren...

http://skepticwiki.org/index.php/Jackie_barrett

hard to outdo the warrens

But she did! It was truly so far fetched I'm surprised anyone believes a word of it.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby PeterPisani » Mon May 25, 2015 11:48 am

BellWitch74 wrote:Alrighty, I've been out of the loop here for a long while. So thread bump!!
Just picked up this book. On page 2 I already knew I didn't trust this broad. Ronnie appeared to her when she was 6?? Please. I don't remember him having such hate for his grandparents, but I could be wrong. Didn't remember DeFeo Sr killing his wife's boyfriend. I just read that Geraldine Gates is Ronnie's aunt....
This is all so off the wall that I'm astounded anyone could believe her. Besides, this is mostly about Jackie than anything Amityville. Her mother's "reputation" bears a strong resemblence to Marie Laveau. People go to her grave to get power from her and leave gifts? That's what they do with Marie, who was defnitely a voodoo priestess in New Orleans. I think she's made up most of this book. I see my opinion is shared on here. I'll finish the book because I'm interested in seeing just how far fetched it can get.

" I just read that Geraldine Gates is Ronnie's aunt.... "

Can I possibly see a link for this? I want to read that for myself.
PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Postby Baphomet666 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:01 pm

That should be easy to debunk.what else is new.
There are too many things I cant explain that happened in that house.Harry,our dog at the time,tried to hang himself. G.Lutz
Baphomet666
The Guardian of Mother Earth

Postby PeterPisani » Wed May 27, 2015 12:40 am

Extremely easy. Ronald Defeo isnt my cousin. I just wanna see that in print. It may be useful in the future.
PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Postby scipio-USMC » Wed May 27, 2015 10:26 am

PeterPisani wrote:Extremely easy. Ronald Defeo isnt my cousin. I just wanna see that in print. It may be useful in the future.

It looks like he was talking about someone else and she screwed up and put Gates in place:

Some psychic, she can't even quote him properly.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby PeterPisani » Thu May 28, 2015 4:48 am

Wow....just so many hucksters that do terrible research. Thank you for showing me that Scipio.
PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Postby BellWitch74 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:28 am

PeterPisani wrote:
BellWitch74 wrote:Alrighty, I've been out of the loop here for a long while. So thread bump!!

" I just read that Geraldine Gates is Ronnie's aunt.... "

Can I possibly see a link for this? I want to read that for myself.

It was in the book.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby scipio-USMC » Fri May 29, 2015 5:04 pm

PeterPisani wrote:Wow....just so many hucksters that do terrible research. Thank you for showing me that Scipio.

The context seems to be talking about Phyllis and to have screwed up midestream in accidentally written your mom's name. Great proofreading! Too bad her psychic abilities don't enable her to recognize what she wrote.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:44 pm

If anyone can stomach it, here's a new Jackie Barrett interview.

some feedback:

Norene...I love your shows & I mean no disrespect to you...but this chick was bat crap crazy! Lol Honestly...it sounded like SHE was 90% heroin...and you couldn't get a word in edgewise! Lol Someone would have to pay ME to watch her show or movie or whatever...but I still love you. Keep up the great work!

Jackie sounded so scattered in thought. It was as if she was telling the story in her mind and thought she shared parts out loud and picks up from certain parts which she never verbalized, thus leaving the listener confused. Maybe it was just because she was trying not to give away the whole story.

Dear pz, Have you looked into the 'death ray' theory related to the Amity murders?

this is the strangest show I have ever heard. Thank God I have abilities and can intuitively figure out what she was talking about. (i feel sorry for others though) SHe is a very fascinating woman

Sylvia Browne said this was all a hoaxes in one of her books.

I don't know what to believe. I don't believe this woman's story. Why wouldn't she answer her questions? She just kind of shirts around a lot of the story. I saw the A&E special about Defeo that she was on and I didn't thi k it had any credibility. Frustrating to listen to.

I think this guest is off her rocker. Lol...I,couldn't make sense of anything she was saying.

I love your show but this lady was kookoo! :(

I absolutely, don't believe one single thing that came out of Jackie's mouth. She should be ashamed of herself. She just keeps on blabbing on and on.... She won't even answer the questions that's being asked. People really need to let this family rest in peace. Instead of making up lie after lie. It's so DISGUSTING

OMG! We heard EVERY detail of her getting the story and absolutely none of the story itself.

ATTENTTON PARANORMALCOMMUNITY SOCITETY ROUD WHOLE WORLD WE ALL VETO 25 HOURS VETO WE ALL GOING TO 112 OCENA AVE THE REAL AMITYVILLA HORROR HOUSE WE BRING LOTS LOTS PICES INVESTIGATION HOUSE LAND FROM TOP TO BOTTOM SAS TO SAD OF HOUSE EVP VIDEO CAM ERA PHENOMENA METER EQUIPMENT RECORD ELECTROTC ROUD WHOLE WORLD IF GOING TO 112 OCENA AVE AMITYVILLA HORROR ALL BIG KEY PLAYER COME DOWN FROM 1974 FINE OUT REAL TRUTH ONES FOUR ALL WE ALL COMEING JOHNZAFFIS NORENE BALOVICH TIMWOOD CHRTSA V CONNTRY ROAD DAVE SPINKS WE BRING BEST EVER TO THIS RELIGION HOUSE GOD AND DEVIL HOUSE JOHN DEVIL KETCHAM IS BLOOD ON LAND HOUSE EVIL BAD WICH FROM SALEM 1917 MASS HEAD ONE AMYALLEN BEST BEST ALL TIME PSYCHIC KARISSA FLECK SHE NOT SCARD SHE LOVE DEVIL NIKIPARL JACIE BARTT AUTHOR WE SEND FROM WHOLE WORLD TO 112 OCENA AVE THE GRAT GRAT AMITYVILLA HORROR HELL HOUSE JOHNZAFFIS

Noreen, I watch every one of your shows and have loved them all but this was the worst guest you have ever had. Very painful interview to listen to. It was hard for you to keep her on topic. Very confusing.

Hi everyone..thanks so much for watching this video and all your comments......I understand what you are saying...but Jackie Barrett was my guest and I will always be respectful everyone one that comes on my show.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby jimmysmokes » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:14 am

why wouldn't you believe this?
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Rokiisun » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:05 am

I actually fell asleep listening to this last night. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

PreviousNext

Return to DeFeo Discussion