Psychic Medium Jackie Barrett

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
Bango Skank
Amityville Member

Re: Psychic Medium Jackie Barrett

Post by Bango Skank » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:25 am

there are companies out there that charge to post reviews, or she could have set up multiple fake accounts and written them herself, or pressured her family, friends and "fans" to write them for her. There are a bunch of threads in the Amazon discussion forums about this. A lot of self published authors are so desperate to get their book noticed that they'll do anything, including lie, cheat and attempt to scam potential readers. This particular author isn't self published, but it appears she's using the same tactics.

There are also allegations that some of the reviews for Shattered Hopes are fraudulent, or at the very least reviewed by the director himself, which is against Amazon's rules. I'm surprised they haven't taken down Jackie Barret's self review yet because it's such an obvious violation.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:55 pm

There's no stopping her...
Jackie Barrett on Facebook wrote:Stay posted for more news about my next novel The Haunting Of The Gemini, true story of the NY Zodiac Killer.
:roll:

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:36 am

Thought this was an interesting article about fake reviews. I wonder if I could get a job like that? :)
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/best-book ... 08538.html

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:26 pm

the lengths these people will go to. I even ran across someone
who would pretend to be someone else and support themselves
on forums and such....talk about weird!
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:26 pm

Bango Skank wrote:Holy crap, she went from having one review, the one she wrote. to twelve reviews in one single day, ten of which are five stars and the other one is four stars.
There's now 20 reviews - 19 of which are 5 STARS - lots of repetition of "MUST READ!" and "I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN"...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:06 pm

This work is a true and accurate report of the events described.

Copyright © 2012 by Jackie Barrett
So I'm halfway though Jackie's book (I can't put it down!) and it's doing what The Amityville Horror is accused of doing - changing events as previously described.

But with no Jay Anson involved, we get Jackie The Writer giving a different account of what Jackie The Interviewee says in the Final Testament documentary!

In the Final Testament she describes her first encounter with Ronnie -
Final Testament wrote:I was on a case... I was in the area... of where Ronnie once lived... and he contacted me psychically... I felt him calling me... three weeks later he wrote me a letter.
In The Devil I Know, the "case" is elaborated on... she's filming Medium P.I. on a thirty-foot boat near 108... She utters "Ronnie's coming!"... the motor starts spluttering.... and the diver runs out of air! She then researches Ronnie and writes him a letter - not the other way around.

First Testement wrote:Since I've been involved with Ronald DeFeo... the things going on in my house... nightmares... scratching on my walls... beds banging... voices. My daughter, saw a man, tall, dark man... shadow... in her room... the closet was opening and shutting... somebody was banging on her door... I looked in the mirror... in the bathroom... I saw myself different... I think it was Ronald's mother
In the book, when Jackie returns home from shopping with her husband, she finds her daughter "curled up in the corner of the bathroom, sobbing" and Ronnie's mother makes a different appearance -
The Devil I Know wrote:After a few minutes the sobs began to subside, and she was able, in brief gasps, to explain the vision that had accosted her.

She had just slipped into the bath when she’d thought she heard us come through the door. But it couldn't be us, since we’d only been gone a few minutes. There were noises coming from the kitchen —clattering of pots, spoons banging. Then voices, rising in tandem. Neither of the voices was ours, Jo realized. She had grabbed the robe and stepped out of the bath, still dripping, then sneaked toward the kitchen and peered into the dining area. That was when one of the figures turned: a woman, her face covered in blood, her eyes wild, saying she was coming back. That she was going to get her. Joanne had shut her eyes against the horror and ran.

I asked Jo to describe the figure. Attractive, even through the blood, she said. Medium height, graying hair. Italian looking. Wearing a red dress and pearls. “Wait,” I said, and rushed to my office. I grabbed the DeFeo file Joanne had started to assemble and scoured the pictures she’d gathered so far. There it was. An aging but beautiful Italian woman in a red dress and pearls. Louise DeFeo. Ronnie’s mother.

The coin search: in the book Ronnie tells her the coin is buried in the woods:
Ronnie DeFeo wrote:I ran to the woods near our house. I grabbed that :) silly dilly :) coin and buried it.
The Devil I know wrote:Though Medium P.I. had never made it to air, I was still in touch with the production team that had been on the canal with me. They were aware of my peculiar relationship with Ronnie DeFeo. When I told them I’d be searching for a coin in the forest they asked if I’d be willing to appear on a televised special about my journey with him.
Yet, in the earlier TV show, she's driving around in the car, with no idea where the coin could be -
Jackie Barrett wrote:I heard Ronnie telling me exactly where to turn the car...

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:57 pm

Okay I have something for you Mrs Barrett...

" closes eyes and thinks real hard"

You should pick up on that, I await your call.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Interesting finds, Sherb. Thanks for posting that. Some of us haven't got the patience to actually sit down and read her nonsense. ;)

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Interesting finds, Sherb. Thanks for posting that. Some of us haven't got the patience to actually sit down and read her nonsense. ;)

Word.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:29 pm

Jackie Barrett wrote:Join me tonight at whispersradio.com 6-7pm EST I will be discussing The Devil I Know and one lucky winner win receive a prize !!
http://www.whispersradio.com/

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Ronnie on the night of the murders -
Last Testament wrote:I looked at my sister. I didn't have the heart to do it. I swear to God, I had the gun pointed at him. He must have heard us or something. He must have opened his eyes and seen the two of us in the mirror, and man, he started to get up. I had the gun pointed and (...) boom I shot him. Next thing I know I hear a shot (...) my sister shoots my mother...
The Devil I Know wrote:I said, ‘Look, if we’re gonna do this, we’re gonna do this (...) I don’t know. I wasn’t thinking straight, maybe. I started thinking about all the crap he’d pulled, that son of a bitch. There was already a round in the barrel. All I had to do was pull the hammer back. Pulled the hammer back, and I said, ‘Here goes.’ That’s what I said, ‘Here goes nothing.’ He didn’t move, nobody moved. ‘You fat :) love :),’ I said. He heard that. He lifted his head up, but he was facing the other way when he was sleeping, so he’s looking in the other direction and he sees me and Dawn in the mirror. He says, ‘I’ll kill you, you son of a bitch.’ I said, ‘That’s what you think.’ Now Dawn’s yelling, ‘Get him, get him!’ I’ll never forget that. I fired the gun. One round goes off. He’s getting up now. I said, ‘This is for all the :) flower :) you done to me, you fat :) love :).

I got him right in the back, and he went down. But he wasn’t finished. Now my mother’s up and screaming, ‘Oh my God, Ronnie!’ They’re looking at each other, she’s coming over to his side. ‘Oh my God, Ronnie!’ I’m telling you he was getting up, he wasn’t accepting this. Then my mother pulls out a pistol. It was one of them you clip on your ankles, real light, a .38.”
:think:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:19 am

Jackie Barrett on Facebook wrote:Stay posted for more news about my next novel The Haunting Of The Gemini, true story of the NY Zodiac Killer.
Jackie Barrett wrote:What do you think happens when , Eddie Seda aka NYC zodiac killer comes face to face with one of his victims through Jackie barrett ? The true story that blow will blow your mind , as Jackie races to solve the puzzle he sent her. The story you were never told unfolds before you.
https://www.facebook.com/thehauntingofthegemini

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:42 am

- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:38 pm

She sure has a way with words, don't she?

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:32 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Jackie Barrett wrote:What do you think happens when , Eddie Seda aka NYC zodiac killer comes face to face with one of his victims through Jackie barrett ? The true story that blow will blow your mind , as Jackie races to solve the puzzle he sent her. The story you were never told unfolds before you.
https://www.facebook.com/thehauntingofthegemini

Interesting since the Zodiac Killer's victims were in California (on the WEST coast of the US) ... not in NY ....
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:12 am

Turns out NYC had their own Zodiac killer...
Heriberto "Eddie" Seda (born July 31, 1967) is an American serial killer who struck New York City from 1990 to 1993. Before being caught on June 18, 1996, Seda killed three people and critically wounded four. Seda is believed to have admired San Francisco’s Zodiac Killer for avoiding capture. Seda was convicted in 1998, and sentenced to 83 years and 4 months in prison. He will be eligible for parole when he is 113 years old.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heriberto_Seda

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:13 pm

I'm actually stomaching that psychic show with her on it...you know, that psychic challenge? Barf.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:22 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Turns out NYC had their own Zodiac killer...
Heriberto "Eddie" Seda (born July 31, 1967) is an American serial killer who struck New York City from 1990 to 1993. Before being caught on June 18, 1996, Seda killed three people and critically wounded four. Seda is believed to have admired San Francisco’s Zodiac Killer for avoiding capture. Seda was convicted in 1998, and sentenced to 83 years and 4 months in prison. He will be eligible for parole when he is 113 years old.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heriberto_Seda
Cheers Sherb, never heard of this guy, so that was a very interesting read...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:44 am

More on the The Devil I Know... The book opens with a full-page quote to set the mood ... and it's a quote taken from... Jackie Barrett herself! :doh:

Later, when Jackie researches Amityville, it reminds her of a ghost from her childhood -
Jackie Barrett wrote:I suddenly realized, with the force of a punch, that it was the same face that had floated into my bedroom more than forty years ago.

In The Night The DeFeo's Died, when Ric met Ronnie -
Ric Osuna wrote:I left that day with the knowledge that Butch DeFeo had never granted a similar interview to anyone in the past. The story he told me was incredible. And I was thankful when he expressed his confidence in my ability to prove it true.
And after Jackie gets to know him -
Jackie Barrett wrote:One morning, a few weeks after our first conversation, I asked him, as I had in my original letter, why he felt we were meant to connect. There were two reasons, he told me. First, it was time for the world to know the truth about what happened in that house, and I was the one to tell them.
I guess he's now ready for the next person to be the "one" who can deliver the "truth" ;)

After his father kills a man and removes his heart, Ronnie buries it in the backyard on orders of his mother!
Ronnie wrote:Right there by the fence, there was a garden, and there was a retaining wall; that’s where it’s buried. It was a special stone wall, special blocks, then they had marble on top of that. We had a nice wall back there. Right up near the water. Right opposite the boathouse side door. There was three doors to get to the boathouse, one through the garage; then they had a side door on the outside to get in, then the big boathouse door. Directly across the garden and retaining wall, she had me dig a hole.
...in front of the kids!
Ronnie wrote:I can’t remember where the kids were. Maybe in the driveway playing, or in the pool. Yeah, probably in the pool. It was summer, and it wasn’t that late, maybe eightthirty, nine o’clock.

And it takes Jackie 131 pages before she confesses Ronnie may making half this :) flower :) up -
Jackie Barrett wrote:I started to ask myself the same question I usually asked myself when he launched into one of his stories: was this real or the product of a bored, creative mind needing to construct a retroactive life as different as possible from the one he actually had?

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:54 am

there seems to be a common line that can be drawn
through all of ronnies crap. A person comes along, female
that ronnie thins he can use. He works his so called magic
and convinces her that what he is telling is the truth.

For a time they associate and when ronnie finds he cannot get
what he wants from his subject, he dumps her and moves on.

One can almost see a pattern here.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:29 am

Jackie Barrett wrote:One morning, a few weeks after our first conversation, I asked him, as I had in my original letter, why he felt we were meant to connect.
Jackie Barrett wrote:I started to ask myself the same question I usually asked myself when he launched into one of his stories: was this real or the product of a bored, creative mind needing to construct a retroactive life as different as possible from the one he actually had?
Why is she asking these questions. She's a psychic, for f*ck's sake! :fp: