The New Criminologist - The 7th Body Case Plus More

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

The New Criminologist - The 7th Body Case Plus More

Postby Dave Shining » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:03 am

......................Not Sure If This Has Been Posted Before................... Its A Good Read Anyway

The New Criminologist.
http://www.newcriminologist.co.uk/news. ... -394407638

Amityville murder case - debating the mysterious 7th body photograph & other facets of the case
Published on 24 April 2005 .. Author Anonymous

Amityville ? The 7th Body Debate ? Testing the Hypothesis and Exploring other Facets of the Case!

?They made a monster outa me an? the public is terrified of me and they don?t want me back on the streets?I guess the Amityville Horror is really me because I am the one who got convicted of killing my family. I am the one who did it. I am the one supposed to be possessed.?

(Source): Ronald DeFeo to Christopher Berry-Dee at TV interview, Green Haven Correctional Facility, New York, Friday, 23 September 1994.

[img=-2137710630]

If it were not for an internationally, but misguidedly acclaimed cult horror movie, called The Amityville Horror, along with a handful of intelligence-insulting sequels, a score of books and countless magazine features, the massacre of the DeFeo family would have been long forgotten. As it is, however, taken together they have ensured that the Amityville murders will remain immortalised in criminal history, forever.

Today, numerous web sites are dedicated to the alleged Amityville haunting, the DeFeo murders and even mass-child killer, Ronald 'Butch DeFeo Jr, has his own web site.
[product=1] Still the debate rages as to whether the alleged, mystery 7th body, is yet another hoax, this time spawned, and perpetrated, by author, Ric Osuna, or is the image something far more sinister?

This debate is open for all those with an interest in the DeFeo family massacre, and it must test the hypothesis of a fraud, committed by Mr. Osuna, or a matter beyond normal human comprehension.

At the Editors' discretion, submissions are welcome, no longer than 3,000 words. Double-space, spell-checked please, in 'Times New Roman' font.

Ric Osuna:

Ric Osuna is the author of a self-published book, entitled: 'The Night the DeFeo?s Died'. We refer here to the 1st Edition, ISBN 1-4010-4645-2. Printed by Xlibris Corporation, 2002. The book's Foreword was written by Geraldine DeFeo.

Aged six, Ric Osuna says he was drawn to Jay Anson's book: 'The Amityville Horror', after witnessing his mother and sister's fascination with the book. 20 years later, Ric says that his interest was rekindled, and he established 'The Amityville Murders' web site:

www.amityvillemurders.com.

He went on to conduct an in depth research of the case, and, in 2002, his book, 'The Night the DeFeo?s Died' was published.

This book has caused massive controversy ever since, more so over the past few years since Ric Osuna claims to have discovered, on a roll of police scenes-of-crime film negatives, a photograph of a 'mysterious 7th body'.
[product=3] This debate tests the hypothesis of whether this claim, made by Osuna, is genuine, or otherwise.

The Amityville Victims ? DOB:

Ronald Joseph: Sunday, 16 November 1930.
Louise Maria: Tuesday, 3 November 1931.
Dawn Theresa: Sunday, 29 July 1956.
Allison Louise: Wednesday, 16 August 1961.
Marc Gregory: Tuesday, 4 September 1962.
John Matthew: Sunday, 24 October 1965.

Of note, the only member of the above DeFeo family still breathing fresh air is Ronald DeFeo Jr, and for some 30-years, he has been suggesting that one day he will write his own book concerning the 'real truth' of what happened that fateful night in 1974.

His web site banner proclaims: 'The Night Exposed', as do many of his letters purport to tell the truth. Yet, and this may not have passed you by, NOWHERE do we see the truth from Mr. DeFeo, even less anything resembling 'The Night Exposed' on his web site.

Nevertheless, what we do find, in tedious abundance, are reams of documents which highlight Mr. DeFeo's self-perceived ill-treatment at the hands of the American penal system. Added to which is the man's medical history, sundry complaints to various writers ? me included ? a flat denial that he was married to a woman called Geraldine, a news letter from 'The Man' himself, plus page after page of drivel.

And, his book will never come about because he is a pathological liar who cannot write, futher handicapped by his supporters whom suffer the same literary disabilities.

However, what we do know, as fact, is that DeFeo was present when his entire family were murdered in cold blood. Again, I hope not passing you by, is the sickening truth that he is a child-killer.

My own opinion, apparently not one shared by Mrs DeFeo and her tribe of admirers, is that child killers should be executed as painfully as possible. As my friend, Russell J. Kruger, former Chief Investigator, Minneapolis PD, commented upon serial killer, Harvey Louis Carignan ? the same sentiments could equally be applied to DeFeo:

"The guy's the :) love :)' Devil. They should have fried him years ago, period, an' they would have queued up to pull the switch. When he was dead, they should have driven a stake through his heart and buried him, digging him up a week later to ram another stake in, just to make sure he was :) love :)' dead."

So, When slaughtered children cannot speak, when their little bodies are buried deep in their graves with the sides falling in, there is perhaps nothing more sickenly repugnant than for a mass murderer of his siblings and parents, for a sociopathic, pathological liar, who has not shown the slightest remorse for his heinous crimes, and one anxious for parole, to enlist the assistance of his wife ? allegedly his third/fourth wife ? to post a web site proclaiming that her husband is a "wonderful, and caring man."

The 7th Body:

Several years ago, Ric Osuna found himself examining a roll of police film negatives, which contained various scenes-of-crimes photographs. After making a selection, he says he spotted what he took to be a young girl, either Dawn, or Allison, yet, wearing a different nightgown to the known victims.

Ric Osuna is adamant that this photograph was in the middle of the others on the same strip; therefore, it had not been faked by police or himself.

And, what does Osuna have to gain by making such a claim if it were bogus? The 7th body certainly features in only a minor way in his book, so it would be a gambit hardly placed to increase book sales.

He makes NO claims that it could be a supernatural, or paranormal phenomenon, either.

There is little doubt, that the mystery 7th body is actually the corpse of a dead child, or are the sceptics, on this matter, suggesting that Ric staged the photograph, or obtained another scenes-of-crime photograph to fool us all?

One might imagine that photographs of murdered girls are not easy to come by. Rarely comes the opportunity to wander down to the local police HQ and go 'shopping' for such images.

And, the coincidences are at least remarkable, whichever way we shuffle the cards.

A young, dead female, with gunshot trauma, almost identical to that of Allison DeFeo.

A remarkable likeness between Allison and the mystery girl's face.

All victims, including the mystery girl, shot to death in bed.

All three female victims wearing nightdresses, which are different from one another.

All of the photographs allegedly from the same film stock, and recovered at the same time, with a police receipt detailing each negative.

Whether there is a window in the mystery photograph, or not, there is wood panelling around the bed. There is no denying that.

And, of course, the central heating skirting is very similar to that shown in a more recent photo.

Add all of this together and one has a truly remarkable set of parallels, indeed!

So, are we to suggest that Mr. Osuna invented ALL of this to help sell his book? I think not.

A Paranormal Event:

From those followers of possible paranormal activity taking place circa the time of the massacre, we do not see the same level of interest being placed in the sourcing of other mystery photographs appearing on various Amityville web sites. These other images seem almost acceptable to many as being some kind of evidence that some intangible, and evil entity did exist within the walls of 112 Ocean Avenue.

Yet, with the mystery girl, there seems to be a consensus of opinion that this picture is a phoney.

Comments and well-thought-out theories, please:

7th body photograph can be found at the above link

From Ricky (Ohio).

Hi, I have seen all the postings on the Amityville site, coming here to find no contributions from any of them. I have read the material below and make one small contribution to this debate.

That is most certainly the dead body of a little girl in bed, one whom looks like a younger version of Allison DeFeo, and with a bullet wound in almost the same place. Forget the panelling that is both pics, forget the heating duct, and you cannot ignore the similarities of the rest.

Thanks from Ricky

From Taylor

Since I was a kid I have always been fascinated with the DeFeo story. Not the Amityville Horror supernatural BS...but the story of the murders...what propels someone to slaughter his entire family. I was really looking forward to Ric Osuna's book. I have to say that I am resoundingly disappointed. While I give him credit for his investigative work and for pursuing the Suffolk County police, DA and judge's conspiracy...and I have to agree...there was one...I just feel that the whole Geraldine DeFeo thing is BS. I got the impression that he, in essence, "fell for her" and that clouded his judgement. Practically the whole book is focused on her story...and her attempts to make Butch seem far too innocent to have murdered his family. Ted Bundy was a nice guy too...he still killed 30+women. I've spent my entire life indirectly connected to mafia. Micheal Brigante was hardly connected enough to have covered up a wife and child of Butch's for 30 years. He would not have been able to make both records of their marriage and subsequent divorce "disappear." This was not a John Gotti, Paul Castellano or Anthony Spero. Besides...there is something to the saying that those who boast about their mafia ties...they don't have strong ones...if they have them at all.

As far as the murders themselves...I think it was Butch...perhaps Bobby Kelske or another friend was present...but I don't believe that Dawn had anything to do with it. How many female mass murderers or serial killers have we known? What is the likelyhood of an 18 year old girl initiating the murders of her entire family? Quite unlikely, I believe. And was Butch so weak that when she approached him with the shotgun, he caved and carried out her grand scheme? Did she have that much power over him??

Please. Butch DeFeo was a thug...plain and simple. A young man who seemed to seek out trouble. Theft, arson...is murder that hard to believe from a man who set his family's property on fire...or stole money from his "mafia" grandfather? But Dawn...whom I've yet to hear anyone relay one bad thing she did to someone else during her 18 years...is now getting the blame for murdering her siblings?

It is a shame that the Suffolk County PD and various others in the County did the things they did...deny him his right to an attorney, beat the confession out of him...and denied Weber the time to formulate a better defense...but who really suffered because of it? Justice? Hardly.

No matter what...DeFeo is guilty. I do hope any evidence of the shoddy police work is lost forever...a miscarriage of justice would be for Butch to get a new trial or worse yet his conviction overturned.

And please, please explain to me what women see in someone that is serving 6 life sentances for the murder of his family???! What mental defect causes a woman to surrender her own life, her sanity and her future to marry someone who will never, ever leave prison? Are there not enough good men in the free world? Jesus...turn gay for heaven's sake!
Egads!

Thanks for listening...and for the great work you do!

Taylor Banaszak

[product=1030]

Copyright ©2005 New Criminologist. All rights reserved.
www.newcriminologist.co.uk

» Back » Print
Dave Shining
Formerly "ReignMaker"

Re: The New Criminologist - The 7th Body Case Plus More

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:17 am

ReignMaker wrote:The Amityville Victims ? DOB:

John Matthew: Sunday, 24 October 1965

Interesting. So I was born 21 days after John. We're both Scorpios. And I think Dan Lutz is my age, also. When is his birthday?

(sorry, just trying to make every thread on this board about me, since I crave attention)

But back to the topic, yes we've seen these articles by Christopher Berry Dee before. We even had Chris barge into the old Truth Board earlier this year (or was it last year) with his team of sock puppets. At least he said he was Chris - who knows...

But we have a lot of newer people on the board of late, and they might be interested in reading his stuff.

What I love about Chris' stuff is that he pretends to be a serious journalist, but his writing style is filled with personal insults and apparent vendettas. It's sometimes worse than a gossip rag. And that is shared by the others who work at "The New Criminologist" with him.

My hunch (and its just a wild hunch - I haven't done any checking into this) is that there is nobody else working with Chris. It seems all the articles share the same writing qualities, even when attributed to different authors. I bet its a front, to try and make people believe he has some organization that he's running.

I can't find the link to that newspaper article showing Chris involved with scamming people over a painting or whatever it was... Anyone have that?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby LadyRusty » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:21 am

I remember that whole fiasco on the board and I remember the painting too but don't gave the link.
Rusty Wallace 2005 The Last Call Image
LadyRusty
Rusty's Woman

Postby Toukee » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:31 am

Dan the Damned wrote:My hunch (and its just a wild hunch - I haven't done any checking into this) is that there is nobody else working with Chris. It seems all the articles share the same writing qualities, even when attributed to different authors. I bet its a front, to try and make people believe he has some organization that he's running.

That was my conclusion, too.

So our friend the great criminologist hasn't made an appearance on this board yet?

Well, if/when he does - I'm not going to get in trouble if Mrs. BerryDee starts posting again, am I?
Toukee
**ACCOUNT ON HOLD**

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:35 am

I usually save those links, like the one to the article. Either I misplaced it, or I didn't save it at all...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Bella81 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:35 am

Toukee wrote:
Dan the Damned wrote:My hunch (and its just a wild hunch - I haven't done any checking into this) is that there is nobody else working with Chris. It seems all the articles share the same writing qualities, even when attributed to different authors. I bet its a front, to try and make people believe he has some organization that he's running.

That was my conclusion, too.

So our friend the great criminologist hasn't made an appearance on this board yet?

Well, if/when he does - I'm not going to get in trouble if Mrs. BerryDee starts posting again, am I?

hahahaha :lol:
"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes."
Bella81
La Tigra

Postby LadyRusty » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:39 am

oh no let's hope he don't show up and have that mess start up all over again we have enough. Although it was fun to read especially Toukee's posts. lol
Rusty Wallace 2005 The Last Call Image
LadyRusty
Rusty's Woman

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:40 am

All I found was this link to Chris' adventures on womenrussia.com...

I bet it's like "Field of Dreams." If we discuss him, he will come...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Toukee » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:20 pm

I still had that link about his Russian bride, too - but I can't find the one you were talking about either...

It was a link a to a whole series of articles about Berry-Dee, remember?

It had the article about his scam with the painting, but it had a bunch of other articles about him, too (including that mention of his being arrested for suspected child molestation) - I think the thread at the old board where we had posted all of that was lost when ezboard had all of their problems earlier this year, but Dan - do remember at all where we had gotten that link to the Berry-Dee articles?

Was it from that anti-scam site or something?
Toukee
**ACCOUNT ON HOLD**

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:13 pm

Yeah, it was. Someone found it and posted it. We have people here who saved the images, but I wanted to get the link - I don't wanna host it.

but yeah, some anti-scam site. a few different articles...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby TheVampireologist » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:34 pm

Inresponse to that article -

Osuna goes on to state ignore this in the picture while studying that and isnt it similar?

Of course to do that is to not fully interpret what your looking at.None of the rooms in wich the victims were found had imitation wood paneling as in the "7th body" picture and clearly there is a prominent window sprawled out length-wise above the headboard.

As was pointed out before the only place in the house to match that wood paneling to is the basement.Fine ,but one big detail is missing there are no sprawling windows in the basement and furthermore no beds to be found dead in as a result of looking at the original crime scene photos.

So this is another crime scene photo from another crime scene plain and simple.How it got on that particular roll of film in the middle?Who's to say but these rolls of film had been sitting in inventory for over 25 years before Osuna even examined them and who really is to believe him that this particular photo was found directly in the middle of the original crime scene film?He may be mistaken or added that to add a new twist on his upcoming book project.In my personal opinion I think this photo was discovered misplaced somewhere else ,then was thought to be connected to the amityville case and accidently included with the amityville crime scene years later by someone cataloging evidence in police custody.

After all we only have one single example of the 7th body.Surlely there would be additional photos of the bed or surroundings or something.

"He took a face from the ancient gallery...and walked on down the hall" - Lizard king
TheVampireologist
**ACCOUNT ON HOLD**

Postby dalnkel » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:44 pm

thanks for the link will have a look
dalnkel
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:06 am

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Carnivale » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:46 am

RE: The Window

It could be possible that what we are seeing is not a window but some sort of picture/painting/something else?

If there were a window emitting that kind of light then that lightbulb would not likely be so bright, nor the room so dark. It looks like it could be something hanging on the wall versus set into it.

It could be a window too, it just isn't acting like one in the picture.
Vulgar Display of Lucidity
.::Swampfire Paranormal::.
Carnivale
Amityville Addict

Postby TheVampireologist » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:38 am

RE: The Window

It could be possible that what we are seeing is not a window but some sort of picture/painting/something else?

If there were a window emitting that kind of light then that lightbulb would not likely be so bright, nor the room so dark. It looks like it could be something hanging on the wall versus set into it.

It could be a window too, it just isn't acting like one in the picture.

Again its just evident under simple examination that it most definetly is a window.There are white-lace curtains plainly visible to one side of the window opening.A closer look will reveal another window in the upper left hand corner of the picture.As for the light in the window being to bright I think what in fact you are looking at is the glare of a white window shade in a pulled down position.

As for the body itself it clearly is not Dawn Defeo but of a young girl.Notice also the main trauma is to the right half of the skull where as to the position Allison Defeo was shot from the left side would be more likley to show trauma.She was asleep on her right side and slightly rasied her head directly facing the shooter.Also the supposed location for this photo that would match the house would be in the basement and actual crime scene photos of the basement reveal no windows of this sort nor any beds.

"He took a face from the ancient gallery...and walked on down the hall" - Lizard king
TheVampireologist
**ACCOUNT ON HOLD**

Postby dalnkel » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:53 am

the bed is look very simular to the mum and dads bed the headboard is the same style and the bedding matches the rest of the beds in the house know that isnt much to go on but maybe it was just the in thing at the time to have this sort of style in peoples home it is a shame that there is no other picture at a different angle so you could see more of the room and not just the bed as in the defeos crime pictures was taken of around the room as well as the bed that is why it is odd that there is only just this one photo in the middle of the roll why would there just take the one photo of the bed and not anywere else in the room like the other photos on the roll if it was the same house and crime sceen
dalnkel
Amityville Addict

Postby Carnivale » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:57 am

Okay, I retract my comment. I saw the pic on this site without all of the comparison boxes and it clearly is a window behind the bed.
Vulgar Display of Lucidity
.::Swampfire Paranormal::.
Carnivale
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:49 pm

This photo is probably from another crime. It just got mixed up with the DeFeo murdeers.

This case has continuously been proven not to be related to the DeFeo murders, yet people think it was a big coverup. Why would they cover up a seventh victim? Certainly someone would have reported a missing child if there was another body in there.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby DryWellToHell » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:01 am

Dan the Damned wrote:All I found was this link to Chris' adventures on womenrussia.com...

I bet it's like "Field of Dreams." If we discuss him, he will come...

LMAO! That :) flower :) was funny! That whole drama was classic! Dunkindaisi was around then too. Ahh the good ole days! I remember the painting scam link..I may have it saved..lemme check.
DRY
DryWellToHell
COVER IT!!

Postby Brendan72 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:53 pm

I am of the opinion that the 7th body photograph is from an unrelated case around the same time as the DeFeo murders, of which the aforementioned photograph got mixed in with the DeFeo crime scene photo's. When comparing the quality of the photographed of the 7th body with the crime scene photos from the DeFeo house, one can notice the qualities are different.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby OldSoul70 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:57 pm

What I dont get is that people who look at this "7th" body photo ,are not seeing that the wood panelling is darker then the panelling that was in the Defeo house. Also As stated above, the trauma to the face was on the right side,and allison's was on the left.And the face is way different too, esp if you have ever seen the crimescene photo's. Ric Osuna is just this lying,mole faced,idiot who wanted to make money and made things up just to make his book seem interesting.
OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Next

Return to DeFeo Discussion