2011 parole hearing transcripts

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Rokiisun » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:09 pm

OnTheMarkTexas wrote: I wonder if he was referring to the Louis Filini ... he mentions the missing $40k and I recall he said earlier that Filini and Big Ronnie had hidden some money in the basement.

Also, I noticed that in the 2009 Parole Hearing, he talks about using both drugs and heroine ... he left he heroine part out this time around. He also mentioned that his father and grandfather put a contract out on his life that was supposed to go down the day after Thanksgiving.

Ronnie originally said in his statement to the police that he felt a one Louis Fallini had something to do with the murders because he was on bad terms with the family already, had a motive (the $40k he and Ronald Sr. buried in the basement/boathouse/whatever) and therefore, had a 'hunch' that he (Louis) was responsible. This, of course, was a lie. A lie created souly by Ronnie to avoid being suspected by police at the time.

This 'other person' he mentions changes. Sometimes it's Dawn's Boyfriend, Sometimes it's thought to be Robert Kelske and a few of Ronnie's other friends. Sometimes he mentions 'Al' instead of Dawn (has he forgotten which sister is which here?). Maybe he's hinting off he has a split personality and that this 'other person' is indeed his darker side when on drugs? Who really knows.

But Louis Fallini being at the scene? No way. I think Brigante would have had something to say about that...
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby OnTheMarkTexas » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:56 am

Rokiisun wrote:Maybe he's hinting off he has a split personality and that this 'other person' is indeed his darker side when on drugs? Who really knows.

You bring up a good point. I know that Butch was seen by a court-appoionted psychiatrist and was labeled as "anti-social" but I wonder if they ever seriously considered having him evaluated for Disassociative Identity Disorder (split personality)?

At the very least he seems to suffer from an extreme case of bi-polar disorder, something I'm sure his father probably suffered from as well. That would certainly explain how Butch would have such a love/hate relationship with Big Ronnie.

It also seems to be a common opinon that Butch will never see the outside of prison. I'm not sure locking up a mentally ill individual (regardless of the crime) would ever "rehabiliate" the person. Seems like he'd have a better shot at rehabilitation (and coming to terms with his crimes) had he been sentenced to a high secuirty mental health facility.

Behind bars, he's allowed to indulge in his paranoid fantasies and never take responsibility for the horrific crimes he committed against his family.
"Beauty fades but stupidity is for life."
- OnTheMarkTexas
OnTheMarkTexas
Amityville Addict

Postby VintageBoy91 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:16 am

OnTheMarkTexas wrote:
Rokiisun wrote:Maybe he's hinting off he has a split personality and that this 'other person' is indeed his darker side when on drugs? Who really knows.

You bring up a good point. I know that Butch was seen by a court-appoionted psychiatrist and was labeled as "anti-social" but I wonder if they ever seriously considered having him evaluated for Disassociative Identity Disorder (split personality)?

At the very least he seems to suffer from an extreme case of bi-polar disorder, something I'm sure his father probably suffered from as well. That would certainly explain how Butch would have such a love/hate relationship with Big Ronnie.

It also seems to be a common opinon that Butch will never see the outside of prison. I'm not sure locking up a mentally ill individual (regardless of the crime) would ever "rehabiliate" the person. Seems like he'd have a better shot at rehabilitation (and coming to terms with his crimes) had he been sentenced to a high secuirty mental health facility.

Behind bars, he's allowed to indulge in his paranoid fantasies and never take responsibility for the horrific crimes he committed against his family.

I think he has a split personality. He is mentally ill in some way. Sometimes I guess he doesn't know what he is talking about. He changed his story soooooooooo often. And he never showed real regret. I don't believe in his words. I never did.
VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Postby OnTheMarkTexas » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:11 am

VintageBoy91 wrote:I think he has a split personality. He is mentally ill in some way. Sometimes I guess he doesn't know what he is talking about. He changed his story soooooooooo often. And he never showed real regret. I don't believe in his words. I never did.

Yeah, there's definately something "not right" about him. I mean perhaps the heroine use in his younger days messed up his brain chemistry, but he has never publically expressed any remourse for what happened to this family.

In his parole transcripts, he just rattles on about silly crap unimportant to the case and always ends up talking himself into a corner. He doesn't know when to make his point and shut the hell up. All we get out of him are more excuses, more lies, and more finger pointing (at those who are no longer alive to defend themselves -- Louise, Dawn, Bobby Kelske, etc.)
"Beauty fades but stupidity is for life."
- OnTheMarkTexas
OnTheMarkTexas
Amityville Addict

Postby Rokiisun » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:49 am

OnTheMarkTexas wrote:Yeah, there's definately something "not right" about him. I mean perhaps the heroine use in his younger days messed up his brain chemistry, but he has never publically expressed any remourse for what happened to this family.

That doesn't suprirse me. Even people who abuse lower-class drugs can easily mess up their brain chemistry.

This other personality of Ronnie's could easily explain the 'Demon hypothesis' and could also explain why he still puts the blame on others to this very day. Maybe shifting the blame onto others is his way of projecting this other personality as if it were not a part of the same body?

For instance, he says in this transcript that, 'Dawn put the kids back to bed.' I think this is his way of saying that he put the kids back to bed. Not her.

He also mentions in other transcripts wrestling over the rifle with Dawn. Is it not possible that he was wrestling with his other personality in his head - not with a rifle, but over whether or not he should shoot her.

It's all psychological...
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby Jacobmarley1 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:42 am

Even if...even if his story was true, about Dawn killing the younger children, you would think Ronnie would feel badly about it. Even to this very day. You would think...!

Well, obviously he doesn't give a crap one way or the other. The man is definitely touched in the head, and has no right to be free. Thank God justice served society.
Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Postby Anarane » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:18 am

The more times I read this, the more enraged I become. Ronnie's such an effing douche. Every single video I've ever seen of him and there's not ever a trace of love or guilt or grief on his smug-ass face, and every parole hearing I read, it's obvious that he's too thick to realise that these are not retrials, but merely a way of gauging if he's safe for release. Which he obviously won't be. EVER.

I just wish he'd give it up. Tell the truth. Maybe the rumours of his dysfunctional family etc. are true, and maybe he was so off his face he genuinely doesn't remember a shred of what happened. But he was bright enough to clear up after himself, bright enough to dump the evidence and disgusting enough to blame anyone and everyone but himself. The few times he has admitted his participation have swiftly been withdrawn and another story has taken it's place. Nothing is certain.

Each time he admits to a part he played, I keep hoping he'll expand further ... but he never does. I genuinely don't think he knows. Originally I was certain he did it alone but I no longer know what the hell to think with Dawn's involvement, though I find it hard to believe she'd been at the end of the gun that killed their siblings. All I can think is ... he's never seemed to care. Never shown remorse. Even if Dawn DID do it ... wouldn't that make him FURIOUS at her? Absolutely ripped apart with grief? If it had never been part of the plan, how can he retell it so matter-of-factly? I could never, ever comes to terms with something like that.

I hope that the guilt gnaws at him at night but ... I bet it doesn't. With an ego as sick and as inflated as his, I bet he still sleeps soundly at night. And I think that's what enrages me most of all.

/rant! lol
Anarane
Amityville Member

Postby Jacobmarley1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:09 am

Well said! I couldn't agree with you more. Ronnie shows no signs of caring about what happened to the children, so that leads me to believe that killing them definitely were part of the plan, and whether he did it himself, or an accomplice did it - either way, he knew it was going to happen to them, and he could care less about their terror.
Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Postby VintageBoy91 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:08 am

Jacobmarley1 wrote:Well said! I couldn't agree with you more. Ronnie shows no signs of caring about what happened to the children, so that leads me to believe that killing them definitely were part of the plan, and whether he did it himself, or an accomplice did it - either way, he knew it was going to happen to them, and he could care less about their terror.

I also agree. Ronnie shows no signs of remorse. He never did during the last 38 years. :(
VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Postby t00nCiNaToR » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:24 am

I believe we are getting closer and closer to the truth all the time, not the crime itself, butchie will never give that up, to be honest I don't even think he remembers. No I'm talking more about the reasons for the crime itself, nobody just snaps and shoots their whole family, it was simple, Butchie was a drug addict(Mob Hates Addicts) He then turns around and rips off a "Mobbed Up" dealership not 2 weeks before the murders? What happens... Mob says "Kill Butchie" no drug addict gets away with ripping us off... Dad might have been informed of what was coming, warns son but cannot do much to help as his hands are tied, go against "Family" and lose possibly more than just his job, plus by this time he knows his Son's a bumb and is probably fed up anyway... Then it finally comes to blows a few days before the murders(Fight between Dad and Butchie)...That's when I feel that Butchie thought they were all trying to kill him, by his father not getting him out of "this one" in Butchies mind that meant he was trying to kill him as sure as pulling the trigger himself, they all were... So, kill them all, collect the insurance(Easier when you don't have to split the inheritance) and pay off the mob/debt/hitman/whatever to get himself out of this jam.

Of course this was all in his mind, nothing except going to jail for life as a child killer in protective custody would have stopped the mob from whacking him for sure.

Duh...
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.
t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Postby leathermonkey » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:43 pm

At this point, I almost wish Ronnie would just act all crazy like Manson. I mean, just to make it interesting. We will never get the truth out of him, and he will never be released. Besides the backstory, he is a rather boring inmate...
leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Postby natalie83 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:25 am

leathermonkey wrote: Besides the backstory, he is a rather boring inmate...

how do you know? Are you a fellow prisoner? :lol:
natalie83
Amityville Member

Postby Rokiisun » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:17 am

So Ronnie's next parole hearing is five months away? (7/2013)
I wonder what his next story will be...
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby kathyM » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:53 am

I wish he would come up with something new. :)
kathyM
Princess

Postby Rokiisun » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Same :lol: or at least the real story for a change.

I mean, what has Ronnie got to lose by just admitting that he did
the murders? He has been in prison for almost 38 years, he is
never going to get out (surely he MUST know this by now...).

Even if he cannot remember the EXACT timeline of events but
knows deep down inside that he commited all the murders
and just admits something along the lines of, 'I did shoot my
entire family, I cannot remember how or why, but it happened
by my own hands and it is the hugest regret of my life, that's why
my stories changed over the years because I didn't want to face
up to the blame.' But he won't do that...
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby kathyM » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:41 pm

If Ronnie did say that this time, the parole board members would probably fall out of their chairs in shock! :)

It would be so great if Ronnie would show some sorrow and remorse for what he did after all this time.
kathyM
Princess

Postby Rokiisun » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:53 pm

He needs to tell the parole board the truth as the truth will
maybe open him up to finally feeling remorse or extreme guilt
for what he did to his entire immediate family back in the early 70s.

I don't know how he cannot feel any guilt by this stage/his age.
He has been in prison for 38 years almost... You would have thought
that at least by the late 80s he would have told the truth.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby Jacobmarley1 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:20 am

Rokiisun wrote:He needs to tell the parole board the truth as the truth will
maybe open him up to finally feeling remorse or extreme guilt
for what he did to his entire immediate family back in the early 70s.

I don't know how he cannot feel any guilt by this stage/his age.
He has been in prison for 38 years almost... You would have thought
that at least by the late 80s he would have told the truth.

I'm sure there's a term that qualifies for Ronnie's lack of remorse, but "Arrested Development" will do.

Ronnie has never matured to a point where he could view the feelings he had, so he is unable to reflect unto himself to see the young man he was, versus the older man he now is. And if he hasn't done it yet, then he never will. Prison allows a person this ability to reflect on their pasts, on their crimes, and for their reasons.

I'm not trying to be an "arm-chair psychologist," so I will say I'm merely giving off my opinions (as we all are, of course).
Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Postby BooshaGirl » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:45 pm

I wonder if he has ever DREAMED about his family. Not a dream where he's re-living the shootings--just dreams of his sisters and brothers and parents. I wonder if he wakes up crying (as I do when I dream of my parents or those who have gone on before me) or in a cold sweat because his dad is beating the crap out of him in his dreams? Are they older now in his dreams or the same age as he remembers them?

I hope he DOES dream about them. I hope his dreams haunt him, at least.
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Postby Stacey_xoxo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:12 am

Anyone else notice the; "he shot my two OLDER sisters and two OLDER brothers.
They were younger than him.

He still on drugs or what?
Stacey_xoxo
Amityville Member

Postby Rokiisun » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Stacey_xoxo wrote:Anyone else notice the; "he shot my two OLDER sisters and two OLDER brothers.
They were younger than him.

He still on drugs or what?

I think he worded this wrong. He knows that all his siblings were younger than himself.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

PreviousNext

Return to DeFeo Discussion