2011 parole hearing transcripts

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Stacey_xoxo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:23 pm

Rokiisun wrote:
Stacey_xoxo wrote:Anyone else notice the; "he shot my two OLDER sisters and two OLDER brothers.
They were younger than him.

He still on drugs or what?


I think he worded this wrong. He knows that all his siblings were younger than himself.



More than likely. Don't think we will ever get the truth of what happened that night but like someone already said doesn't he dream about them?

Regardless if someone helped him he should understand he's to blame! Then again god knows what goes on in that oddballs head.
Stacey_xoxo
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:33 am

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Rokiisun » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:39 pm

I don't even think Defeo himself knows what's going on in his head
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Scotland

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby kathyM » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:53 pm

So true! :lol:
kathyM
Princess
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby scipio-USMC » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:18 am

Rokiisun wrote:I don't even think Defeo himself knows what's going on in his head



DeFeo's lies are calucalted. He knows exactly what he is doing. He is just too stupid to realize he stands a better chance of parole if he admitted the truth and claimed he was sorry instead of trying to blame most of it on his sister. He erroneously thinks that if he keeps inssiting he didn't kill his young siblings it will account for something. He doesn't understand the parole process requires contrition and full admission.

His latest account is that right after killing his parents he went to Brooklyn to dump the evidence, came back and found Dawn and presumably Augie (otherwise Bobby) and that his siblings were dead and his mother was shot again. Then he got furious and killed his sister. Why would he have to drive all the way to Brooklyn to dispose of bloody clothing and the extra ammo? There are litterally tons of places to dump it near his home where no one would find it. Worse yet why would he immediately drive to dump all that but leave the murder weapon in the house? He drove to Brooklyn, drove home then drove to Brooklyn again to go to work all in rapid succession?

Aside from not making sense it is impossible. There were 8 fired shells in that Brooklyn location. If he only fired 3 shots then ran to the sewer there would have only been 3 shells not all 8 together. Even if he ran back to throw the other 5 later they would have ended up on top then not underneath with the other 3.

As for the tale about having to shoot his mother because she was getting a gun out of her night stand- she had a pellet gun in there not a real firearm.

What he refuses to recognize at the end of the day is the parole board goes by the findings at his trial- a trial he admitted he killed them at. His belief that if he is not to blame for some of the murders this will result in him getting parole are totally ridiculous. His only chance is to take responsibility, act contrite and say he will never do anything to hurt anyone again.

Instead he keeps lying including stupid stories about blackouts. Drunks have blackouts when they drink too much not just anytime. In the meantime he contradicts himself claiming he couldn't remember but always knew. Even after all this time and so much time to think he still hasn't been able to come up with a competent story.

His story differs in many ways from what Osuna wrote. Whether he told Gerladine that exact story or Geraldine messed up what he told her and incorrectly recounted it or Osuna changed it are of little import because we know the alternate account in all its variations is complete nonsense.

Ron's confession is the truth. The only thing missing is why, he didn't reveal what motivated him to start. His confession makes sense and matches the evidence. He killed them all then went to work early and dumped the gun in the water and took the rest of the evidence with him to Brooklyn and stuck it in a storm drain then went to work. Why Brooklyn? Because he worked there so it was conveneient to dump it there. If he had any expectation of it being found he should have dumped it in a location he had no connection to at all. Being found out on the Hamptons for example would have no connection to him. He worked in Brooklyn so it would have been easy for him to dump it there.

The stories about him driving back and forth repeatedly make no sense at all. It makes no sense for him to go to work, come home then drive back to Brooklyn again to dump the clothing and then back home (the account in Shattered Hopes) anymore than to drive to Brooklyn, home, and then back to Brooklyn to go to work. What actually makes sense is to take the evidence with him as he is going to work and dump it in Brooklyn prior to going to work like he said originally.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Rokiisun » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:30 am

Well, his next parole hearing is next month.
who wants to bet he's going to stick to the 'Dawn did it'
story? We will never know his motive.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Scotland

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby kathyM » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:38 am

Wow, its that time again already? I had not even realized that. Thanks for the reminder.

I bet at this point Ronnie doesn't even want to get out. He has nowhere to go to live, he would totally be on his own and lets face it, he has never had to take care of himself.
kathyM
Princess
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Rokiisun » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:21 am

He won't get out. He shot six members of his immediate family and still denies his actions to this day.
We know how he did it, but we don't know why and we want to know what really happened that night.

Sure, it would mean the debates and theories we have here on this board would come to a conclusion,
but at least we will have the answers we have been looking for.

The evidence shows he acted alone, he has admitted to acting alone but the questions we really want to know are:

1) What motivated him to murder his entire family? WHY did he kill them? Was it money, jealousy, on a whim, out of irrational paranoia? What?

2) Did anybody inside or outside the house hear the shots?

3) The family members who were shown to be awake, why did they resist?

4) if it was his father who was the problem, why did he have to involve his whole family? Did he want to eliminate witnesses?
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Scotland

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby scipio-USMC » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Rokiisun wrote:He won't get out. He shot six members of his immediate family and still denies his actions to this day.
We know how he did it, but we don't know why and we want to know what really happened that night.

Sure, it would mean the debates and theories we have here on this board would come to a conclusion,
but at least we will have the answers we have been looking for.

The evidence shows he acted alone, he has admitted to acting alone but the questions we really want to know are:

1) What motivated him to murder his entire family? WHY did he kill them? Was it money, jealousy, on a whim, out of irrational paranoia? What?

2) Did anybody inside or outside the house hear the shots?

3) The family members who were shown to be awake, why did they resist?

4) if it was his father who was the problem, why did he have to involve his whole family? Did he want to eliminate witnesses?



1) There is no way to know and even if he spoke at this late date there would be serious doubt as to whether he was telling the truth at all let alone the full truth.

2) What difference does it make if anyone outside the house heard the shots? After his confession some claimed they did but all that would have been useful for was trying to figure out the time of night it occurred. The time of night is rathe rimmaterial since we know for sure they wer ein bed and Ron was home and did it. Whether anyone inside the house heard the shots is likewise impossible to know since they are all dead and likewise not really of any significance.

3) Do you mean why they didn't resist? There was little time for Louise to react. She began to lift herself up but was shot before she could fully do so. Ron Sr moved a little but not much and there is no way to know for sure whether he moved in his bed before Ronnie ever entered the room. Allison was shot as she opened her eyes so again no time to react. Dawn didn't know what she heard but asked Ronnie if he was making the noise, he said yes and she went back to bed. When peopel are sleeping it actually takes quite a bit to fully wake them up. Especially if they are conditioned to a member watching a loud TV with gunshots and canno fire while falling asleep.

4) He had a problem with his whole family not just his parents. Based on the tale he told he could have left the house after killing his parents and no one would have been the wiser. He coudl have gone to bed like the rest and in the morning say he knew nothing either. He was thrilled at killing them and said he got caught up in the momenet and it went so fast. He was jealous of his siblings to an extent and wanted the entire family fortune for himself he didn't want to share. this is what he was diagnosed with:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 000921.htm
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby scipio-USMC » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:41 pm

By the way I have no problem with family helping that is commendable but not to help someone be able to remain an irresponsible bum. Moreove rif anyone pulled a gun on me and pulled the trigger if I let them remain in my house at all they would not be allowed to have any guns. They would have to either be kept somewhere else or in my gun cabinet which only I could get into.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Rokiisun » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:50 pm

scipio-USMC wrote:By the way I have no problem with family helping that is commendable but not to help someone be able to remain an irresponsible bum. Moreove rif anyone pulled a gun on me and pulled the trigger if I let them remain in my house at all they would not be allowed to have any guns. They would have to either be kept somewhere else or in my gun cabinet which only I could get into.


That's why I don't entirely believe the supposed story where Ronnie pulled out a gun on his father.
If I were in big Ronnie's shoes I would certainly not be allowing my son or any of his rifles set foot in
my house again, I would have also reported him to the police - but that's just me.

Back in the 1970s maybe the social norms were a little different? Maybe Ronnie Sr. didn't call the police because he wanted to give his son the benefit of the doubt, maybe he continued to allow Ronnie to have guns in the house
because he felt safe from intruders? Or maybe, it just didn't happen at all, therefore Ronnie was allowed to have
guns in the house because his father knew him to be 'responsible' enough not to do anything stupid.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Scotland

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby scipio-USMC » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Rokiisun wrote:
scipio-USMC wrote:By the way I have no problem with family helping that is commendable but not to help someone be able to remain an irresponsible bum. Moreove rif anyone pulled a gun on me and pulled the trigger if I let them remain in my house at all they would not be allowed to have any guns. They would have to either be kept somewhere else or in my gun cabinet which only I could get into.


That's why I don't entirely believe the supposed story where Ronnie pulled out a gun on his father.
If I were in big Ronnie's shoes I would certainly not be allowing my son or any of his rifles set foot in
my house again, I would have also reported him to the police - but that's just me.

Back in the 1970s maybe the social norms were a little different? Maybe Ronnie Sr. didn't call the police because he wanted to give his son the benefit of the doubt, maybe he continued to allow Ronnie to have guns in the house
because he felt safe from intruders? Or maybe, it just didn't happen at all, therefore Ronnie was allowed to have
guns in the house because his father knew him to be 'responsible' enough not to do anything stupid.


I can understand not reporting him to police to be arrested but rather beating his ass instead. Taking his guns away only temporarily is what a number of friends said he did. If I were in his place it would not have been temporary he would not be allowed to have them around me ever again.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Rokiisun » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:53 pm

The only thing I need to question (if the incident took place) is Ronnie's age...

Imagine if you were an 'adult' and you were told by your father that you are
Not allowed to bring guns into his house, even though you were of age. Would
you rebel? Would your father maybe ask you to leave his house if you don't like
his rules?

And if he was younger... then why trust your son with a rifle before he has reached
the age/skill level required to own and use a gun safely? We can clearly see that
Ronnie Jr. was violent enough to kill his entire family, but was he violent before this
incident? If not, then you can see why his father would be easily deceived into thinking his
eldest son was safe with a rifle in his hands. If so, then you would make sure he never sets
foot on your drive with a rifle.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Scotland

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby scipio-USMC » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Rokiisun wrote:The only thing I need to question (if the incident took place) is Ronnie's age...

Imagine if you were an 'adult' and you were told by your father that you are
Not allowed to bring guns into his house, even though you were of age. Would
you rebel? Would your father maybe ask you to leave his house if you don't like
his rules?

And if he was younger... then why trust your son with a rifle before he has reached
the age/skill level required to own and use a gun safely? We can clearly see that
Ronnie Jr. was violent enough to kill his entire family, but was he violent before this
incident? If not, then you can see why his father would be easily deceived into thinking his
eldest son was safe with a rifle in his hands. If so, then you would make sure he never sets
foot on your drive with a rifle.


He was already an adult when it allegedly happened. Sure many mids would say well then I am getting my own place but he had no means to because he was a bum so would have had no choice but to accept losing his guns. His father took them away periodically as punishment and he didn't leave because he didn't have the money to live on his own.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Rokiisun » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:31 pm

Sounds a lot like Ronnie there. :lol:

I don't know if not having enough money was the problem...
it sounds like his parents would have helped him out a bit
financially, especially when he had a job at the dealership.

But then, if he left on bad terms... I'm sure his father would
have told him he wasn't going to get any financial help off him
and his job may have also been affected... Especially when he
Supposedly never turned up for work much.

I always assumed that Ronnie never left home because he
would pretty much have the rest of his family doing things for
him. I bet he would ask for others to switch the tv on and off
for him whilst he was sitting on the sofa...
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Scotland

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby scipio-USMC » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:59 am

Rokiisun wrote:Sounds a lot like Ronnie there. :lol:

I don't know if not having enough money was the problem...
it sounds like his parents would have helped him out a bit
financially, especially when he had a job at the dealership.

But then, if he left on bad terms... I'm sure his father would
have told him he wasn't going to get any financial help off him
and his job may have also been affected... Especially when he
Supposedly never turned up for work much.

I always assumed that Ronnie never left home because he
would pretty much have the rest of his family doing things for
him. I bet he would ask for others to switch the tv on and off
for him whilst he was sitting on the sofa...



No doubt he enjoyed having mommy cook and do his laundry but he clearly wanted to live alone so he could fool around all he wanted etc. He resented having to follow their rules. This comes out constantly. If he had the money to move out he would have. He wanted to marry someone he was messing around with. His parents critized him saying he barely knew her and how would he be able to financially support a family. She ran away, ended up in a car wreck and he moved on shortly thereafter. But the feeling he was trapped is still evident. He didn't like it that they held financial control over him. He wanted them to give him all the money in the world without any strings so he could do whatever he wanted. The financial motive for getting rid of them was high. That is why I believe it was an important factor. We don't know what caused the explosion. We don't know if he was indeed being kicked out or what. His lies about having a great job and them forcing him to quit is more of the same BS from him where he blames them for all his own failures rather than admit to the world what a failure he is/was.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Jacobmarley1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:50 am

Shoot, at 24, you got the world by the balls! I mean, any menial job is enough, with a roommate - he could have gotten an apartment with Bobby Kelske - to get your own digs. He had no family to support, no alimony, no child support - only his car, and an apartment. He could have sent his clothes out to be laundered (doesn't cost much to do today, so imagine how cheap it was to do in 1974).

Personally, I think he killed his father out of hatred, and then he killed everyone else due to guilt. I mean, this is the reason why a suicidal father will first kill off his wife and children, because, in his mind, he doesn't want them to live the rest of their lives with "the sadness." It's bullspit, of course, but this is what people think - that nobody moves on. Ronnie thought the kids would think of their father being murdered by their brother, and live with sadness the rest of their lives. So "he put them out of their misery."

It doesn't explain the lack of remorse, but hey, there are stranger things out there.
User avatar
Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:41 pm
Location: Putnum County/Westchester County, New York

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Rokiisun » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:33 am

I'm 24, support myself and live alone with a house rabbit. Sure it's a financial and
emotional steuggle but that's life. Ronnie obviously couldn't live with anyone
else other than himself and his family who did anything for him. He was probably
too comfortable with his lazy lifestyle and didn't like the idea of giving it up.

Ronnie wouldn't have liked the idea of paying rent, tax, bills, getting his own food,
Cooking his own food, budgetting, working to survive... Etc. I'm guessing that a lack
Of 'drama' or 'arguments' with parents and siblings would also bore him.

If he and Kelske got an apartment then Kelske wouldn't clean up after Ronnie
and I am sure he wouln't have put up wth Ronnie's attitude either. Friends and
shared apartments genuinely don't work, I know from expwrience.

I can see why 'guilt' would play a factor after his target (the father) was taken out,
Afterall, he does shift the blame onto Dawn after admitting to killing his father and
that could be his way of expressing his guilt. It's a lie, obviously - Dawn did not kill
anybody, but by putting the crime on her this allows Ronnie to escape his guilt and
believe his own lies. Now as the years go on he has built himself up to believe Dawn
did the rest of the killings.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Scotland

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Deswy2Knives » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:39 pm

One thing I have to say for Ronnie Jr....he is consistant. Let me explain: He did a video interview for television in which he insisted Dawn had a lot to do with the murders. He claimed, at that time, that she struggled with him, and it resulted in her death. Not that he wanted to do it intentionally, mind you....her death was an accident.
I believe the only person he REALLY wanted to kill was his dad. Do I believe that he was urged to do it by some unnatural force? Hmmmm. Well, let's just say, being a sensitive, and also having had experiences with the Darker Side.....(seriously, think about this for a moment and just consider the possibility)....weak individuals are guided by dark forces easily. Those that abuse alcohol or other substances are also swayed easily and have been known to become possessed while under the influence. If a person can be "possessed" by the Holy Spirit (ahem, Christians take note....) why can't a person also be possessed by a dark spirit? So, yes, I DO believe there is the possibility that he was not totally in control of his actions at the time of the murders.
Do I believe Dawn actually played a part in the tragic events of that night? No. Forensically speaking, the evidence does not add up that she was anything but a victim. BUT....was it actually Dawn he was interacting with? The mind is a powerful thing, and doesn't always follow the rules....neither do spirits.
User avatar
Deswy2Knives
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:24 am

Deswy2Knives wrote:One thing I have to say for Ronnie Jr....he is consistant. Let me explain: He did a video interview for television in which he insisted Dawn had a lot to do with the murders. He claimed, at that time, that she struggled with him, and it resulted in her death. Not that he wanted to do it intentionally, mind you....her death was an accident.


He is really not very consistent when you get in there and read the various versions he has told over the years. As recently as 2007, Ronnie claimed that Dawn had nothing to do with the murders:

Image

Then, two years later, at his next parole hearing, he went back to saying Dawn was, indeed, involved. So no, not very consistent at all. Except in his inconsistency. He is consistently inconsistent. ;)
User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
 
Posts: 11757
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:12 pm

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Deswy2Knives » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:24 pm

I'm sorry....

Perhaps I should clarify that by saying he was "consistent" I was being facetious. He most certainly was NOT. He changed his story over and over again, countless times. In the video interview he once again put a lot of the blame on his sister, Dawn, implicating that she was the mastermind and that he was, simply, a puppet. I highly doubt that. However, a lot of the things that happened that night cannot simply be explained, and honestly, I actually wonder, as do others, whether things are just as they seem.
User avatar
Deswy2Knives
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: 2011 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Rokiisun » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:05 pm

The only thing I can think of to support your argument would be the idea of Ronnie having an alter ego or split/multiple personalities which took over at the time of the murders, not 'spiritual possession' as such.

Whilst psychologists are quick to dismiss that split/multiple personalities do not exist, there are a lot of people out there from celebrities to your average everyday individual who do have alter egos they have created where they will 'blank out' and become their alter (or alters) to deal with a situation the 'dominant self' cannot usually cope with.

I'm not defending Ronnie or dismissing others' theories that there could be paranormal reasons behind him not being able to keep consistent with his accounts, but it's just a thought. Under the right triggers and conditions, you never know, maybe he will confess to what he has done one day.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to DeFeo Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group