Shattered Hopes DVD Review

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
Posts: 1693

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:59 pm

GoonieNick wrote:
scipio-USMC wrote:And people won't be able to leave negative reviews on Amazon as a result. They will make sure no negative reviews see the light of day on their own website.

I can understand your rationale behind this statement however, if you were in Ryan's shoes wouldn't you "take a few on the chin, regardless of criticism, to increase sales?". I mean negative reviews always happen. People put negative reviews up if they either don't believe something, they don't like the packaging, they had a bad day at work, etc. You claimed Ryan's project was lacking "evidence" and that he made a lot of chosen paths to illustrate "his way of seeing the murders" Over and over you mentioned about the gun as a possible way to create this story to seem interesting to those who aren't aware of all the forensic details in which you went in great lengths to educate the audience here. It seems weird to believe that Ryan would intentionally not sell on Amazon for the fear of negative reviews. Doesn't your statement seem somewhat hypocritical. You seem to be implying that Ryan is going to sabotage his sales for the sake of keeping posterity. Which is it? :D

Ryan is scared the negative reviews will sabotage sales. Why do you think he erases anything negative from his facebook page? He is trying to sweep all his lies and errors under the rug. He intentionally refuses to disclose that Geraldine is a fraudulent source he knows this for a fact just as well as we all do here. One review notes how what he argues was the key to the downfall of the DeFeos never actually occurred. Ryan portrayed William Benedict Davidge as having his job transferred to Florida, bringing his family with him and as a result Dawn was heartbroken and wanted to run away to Florida to live with her alleged boyfriend. A normal producer would try to verify the account by asking the father or mother if this occurred. Had he attempted to locate them like I did he would have learned both died. He would have found out William B Davidge died in Amityville in February 1972- before he allegedly was transferred to Florida. Moreove rhe would have seen tha Inez Davidge's obituary said she didn't move to Florida until 1975- again after the family allegedly was in FLorida. Looking up school records would have revealed that in 1975 Billy Davidge graduated from high school in Amityville and thus was not living in Florida. This means the claim his father was transferred is false, that the family did not move there until after the DeFeo's died and thus the claim that Dawn fighting over going to visit Billy Davidge in Florida is factually impossible.

This means Ryan's sources LIED. Ryan either never bothered to try to validate the claims or intentionally concealed that the claims were false. Either way a review noting such a huge error or misrepresentation is killer. Who wants to buy a movie that people prove have lies and inaccuracies in?

Why do you think he erased all my points from his facebook page?

Go to my coward post and ask yourself why he would be scared of my reasonable questions posed about the gun. He knows it is not the gun he was looking for and can't be linked to the crimes but doesn't want to admit the truth because he wants to try to find a way to pretend the gun proves his bogus claims.

What producers do you know who have shills go to Amazon to post fake positive reviews and to attack critical reviews? I never saw that ever until Ryan did it. He is a hack plain and simple and there is no doubt in my mind he is scared of the next 2 parts being taken apart like his first. He hasn;'t the first clue how to prove a thing.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
Posts: 1693

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:37 pm

GoonieNick wrote:I mis used the quoting I guess. I wasn't really commenting on Sherb at all but rather it was Scipio

"And people won't be able to leave negative reviews on Amazon as a result. They will make sure no negative reviews see the light of day on their own website."
I think the fact that Ryan deleted the following from facebook rather than respond to it says volumes:

"I watched the Eye on NY broadcast, you stated, “I think the discovery of the pistol in the canal is a big key in establishing what happened that night.” I have some valid questions about why you believe that in light of the characteristics of the gun you found. The following quote is from your movie site: "The presence of that holster indicates that there was handgun involved in my mind," says Katzenbach. "Why would they dispose of ammo, the soft case for the rifle, the clothing....spent shells...everything related to the crime and firearms and dump a random holster in that drain? It makes no sense." And this is from the CBS broadcast: “They also found this hand gun holster but no gun. Katzenbach says that missing gun is the one his team pulled out of the canal.” What makes you think that the gun you found could possibly go to the holster taken into evidence? There is no way that holster was made for or would accommodate the gun you found. Thus doesn’t this provide a reason to doubt the gun you found is actually linked? Moreover, you posted the following on your movie site: "ABOVE, One of the documents that caught Ryan Katzenbach's attention was a witness statement regarding one of the individuals named as a participant in the murders and this individual's acquisition of 2 .38 revolvers -- one which was known to remain in their possession at the time the DeFeo murders occurred. That gun has never been accounted for." Both of these alleged guns were 38 specials- one a blued snubnose, the other a 4" barrel. The statement you are referring to stated that he got rid of the 4 inch but it is unknown what became of the snubnose thus that is the gun unaccounted for. The gun found is not a 38 special period let alone the unaccounted for snubnose. Another statement being relied on for the possibility of Kelske having a gun described a Colt Python which is a 357. These 3 revolvers capable of firing 38 special rounds are all modern swingout frame guns. The gun found in the canal is definitely a top break that came in 38 S&W (which is vastly different from 38 special), 32 S&W and 22 rimfire. Why would you believe the gun you found is the one you were searching for in light of the fact it was none of the models you were searching for? Moreover, the fact that the hammer is broken, grips missing and the barrel and cylinder gone indicated the gun was broken before being tossed in the canal. Why would he take the time to remove the grips, break the hammer and take off the barrel and cylinder with the casings to dispose of those parts elsewhere but leave the rifle fully intact and even still loaded? Why would he not include the shell casings from a second gun with the casings from the rifle? If he threw the holster with the other evidence why not the casings? You say you are searching for the truth. Isn’t the truth that all the available evidence points to the gun you found not having any link at all to the DeFeo case? If the only reason you think it is linked is by virtue of where it was found then that means you set out to find any gun you could and simply say it was linked no matter what you found. Maybe this explains why authorities do not consider your find significant."

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
Posts: 1693

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:52 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
GoonieNick wrote:It seems weird to believe that Ryan would intentionally not sell on Amazon for the fear of negative reviews.
So what other reason does he have?

Can he really recoup $200,000 though his independant webiste only?

When people search for "Amityville" on Amazon, his DVD's will appear - why lose those potential sales?

Negative reviews not getting to him? Well...
SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:I just read a review on Amazon wherein someone was dogging the film and accusin...g us of sweeping the Richard Rommondoe stuff under the rug....blah, blah, blah. I laughed out loud and rolled my eyes because, as you can see, the film deals extensively with this stuff and, even via this post of Gerri talking about the 1992 hearing and motion, you can see that it's all right out there on the table and we're not concealing anything. I see a full-scale rebuttal coming soon. If these people can spew forth with their uninformed conjecture, I believe we can set the record straight with the real facts.
"I see a full-scale rebuttal coming soon."

Lol -- he has 6 hours to play with, yet HERE he admits his documentary is NOT conclusive...

Ryan is fibbing again.

In her video Geraldine alleges that she refused to go along with the Richard Romondoe scam and told him all along it was nuts because not many peopel are like her without a birth certificate. She has a birth certificate she lied. She also lied about the fake brother story. Where in the vdeo does she talk about how she confirmed the fake brother story in 1986 to the press? Where does she admit she filed a false affidavit? Where does she admit she lied about being his wife in 1974? She went along with all the lies, including committing perjury UNTIL the DA Investigated the matter and then she told the truth suddenly. She didn't appear at the 1992 hearing not by choice but rather because she couldn't. In order to avoid facing perjury charges she had to tell the truth and by telling the truth she admitted she didn't meet DeFeo until 1985 and thus she had no relevant information at all that she could testify to.

Why didn't Ryan post the property records where she and Pisani purchased property in NY as husband and wife and the birth certificates of the children that proves pisani and Geraldine had these children together in upstate New York? If RYan were honest he would not be usaing anything from Gerladine period because everyone who ever teste dher claims including him knows for a fact she is a fraud.

He intentially tries to lend her credibility for to promote her lies.

There is no doubt that she lied about having a brother trying to pretend that she took no part in that lie is nonsense and she only came clean after the authorities found out she lied under oath. That right there proves why she deserves no credibility at all on any issue if she would make up such a ginat lie who can trust a single thing she says. That is before you even get into all the lies she told that can be proven false like Stephanie being born in NJ to DeFeo.

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9793
Contact:

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:53 am

Review Part III: Crackerbox Palace.

It was around four years ago when several minutes of a Shattered Hopes Dress Rehearsal were posted online. A theatre was hired. All the actors seemed to be there. The production looked huge.

It was a different picture when it came to the actual filming - with a sparse crew multi-tasking important jobs.

Now, if I was a pro (or even semi-pro) actor, I’d be quite taken aback to find no sound or cameraman onset because the director has taken on these duties himself. Why was this? A) Did the $200,000 budget not stretch to hire them? Or b) did the first-time director think he wouldn’t need them? (But later gets annoyed when the Mastering Company kept bugging him about quality-control!)

Plus I’d find my performance had ended up behind a layer a Grindhouse effect!

Which makes me wonder how the footage looked after Ryan farmed Part I out to a professional mastering company, only to ditch the results, and smear dirt and scratches to the 70’s footage himself.

Did the the acting look too corny? Did it not look authentic to the decade? Who was to blame for this? The Production or the Mastering Company?


The big acting set-piece near the end comes when it all kicks-off at 112 with Louise phoning Butch at Geraldine’s house. (In the book, he’s not back from work, but in SH he’s sitting down having a family meal!) which leads to -
TNTDD wrote:After returning home, Butch raced in the doorway and was greeted with the ghastly sight of his little brother, John DeFeo, sprawled out on the marble tile of the foyer.
We see this around 1:44:55 in Shat Hopes, as Butch arrives home to “utter chaos” – or rather, he arrives to hear some actors screaming expletives off-camera as he looks a little miffed.

And when he does look to the floor, the camera cuts away to Ric Osuna, who verbally describes him finding John, as both child actors portraying Marc and John are now missing. I think Ryan gave an excuse of it being a too violent environment for them to be in. Although it’s unclear if their scenes were shot or not.

But at least he now avoids this classic error from Ric –
TNTDD wrote:The performance was over. Butch proceeded down to the cellar to answer the ringing phone.
His father, down but not out, yelled at his son, reminding him it was his phone, and he was going to chop the lines because he paid for it.

Ignoring his father’s warning, Butch said, “On the phone was Bobby Kelske. He presumed I was high on some good :) flower :) because I was laughing so hard. So he said he’d be right over to join in. Kelske got there in greased-lightning time because he thought he was going to get some good dope. He didn’t even comb his hair.”

Kelske, finally realizing his friend was not in the cellar getting high, asked Butch, “What the :) love :) went on here? John Matt is rolling around the hallway, screaming.”

Realizing he had forgotten all about his injured little brother...
How could he miss his brother on the way down the stairs to the cellar?

It’s impossible!


Now... Ric’s version of the night IS preposterous, but at least it has some life to it --
Butch raced in the doorway

John DeFeo, sprawled out on the marble tile of the foyer

Butch took the stairs two at a time to reach his parents, who
were arguing upstairs.

Butch raced down the stairs toward the cellar
In Shattered Hopes, however, things are pretty static and lethargic–

Butch runs upstairs” SAYS Ric in interview, seemingly because the director is incapable of filming such excitement.

TNTDD wrote:Taking a moment to let the scene sink in, Butch placed his hand to his head and thought, “I am in a crackerbox palace.”
In SH, when Butch says “I am in a house of maniacs” at 1:45:25 it now happens before he’s even seen what’s going on upstairs, and relayed with complete inertia.

TNTDD wrote:Since his sister would not give up, Butch tossed her his car keys and told her, “Get lost for
awhile. Blow off some steam, but just make sure you don’t get killed
.”
In SH she only goes upstairs to “cool off”. Not sure why this was changed, or which version we are meant to take as the “real” version?

Also missing on screen are these “gems”
Butch reached his parents’ doorway and saw that his mother’s blouse had been torn, partially exposing her breasts. Before Butch could say anything, Big Ronnie slapped Louise and then punched her breast.

Suddenly, Dawn broke into the Bristol Stomp dance, saying, “Butch, this will take off some of my weight.”Butch insisted, “I swear on my mother’s soul, may she turn in her grave, with all that was happening, Dawn started dancing the Bristol Stomp. I realized then we were a house of maniacs.”

Wondering what the commotion was, little John DeFeo came out of his bedroom to investigate. Showing no mercy, Big Ronnie punched the little boy and told him, “You’re a wimp and a little bastard.” John, on his knees and holding his bruised face, was then kicked by his father into the railing.

Outside Allison’s room, Butch heard Bobby Kelske and Dawn upstairs fighting. Bobby wanted Dawn to hand over some blue Valiums that her black friend had brought back from Mexico.
The best bit in the film is the final shot (no, not being sarcastic here!). After a build-up of gunshots, Rock Music and Gerri reciting her :) silly dilly :) song lyrics “and all the DeFeo’s were dead…” it CUTS to the cemetery, in silence, except for the chilling sound of a crow… But - before we have time for the enormity of the tragedy to sink it - the image flares to white far too quickly.

No time for any emotional impact before the credits roll. You feel cheated!

Which doesn’t bode well for Part II in which “the pace is phenomenal:roll:

Overall Shattered Hopes feels like a black hole – “why the hell did that take 2 hours?” And it’s a shame Gerri isn’t given the scrutiny they promised. Maybe that’s coming in Part III, where Mr Nonnewitz will say “I don’t remember this woman” But this would be very deceitful, and by then the damage is done.

Now comes the odd decision of selling Part II strictly through the website. Strange they allow the director/soundman to do this when his partners were hoping for a theatrical release just a year ago.

The scope of success keeps diminishing and only one man is to blame. No cinema, no TV sale, no Amazon sales… and all because he has control-issues?

It’s hard to feel sorry for anyone involved when they’ve been constantly told they are telling a fake story. They knew full well what they are getting into and surely must expect a few bad reviews. But for the director/writer/Historian/editer/colorist this isn’t good enough, he wants to live in a vacuum where all he hears is praise. And any criticism is passed off as “cyberstalking”.

So what next? Can the hype of a found pistol carry over into sales of a desperately-rushing-to-finish Part II? Will their new improved efficient sales plan really work this time?

But unless Part II ups the ante, the project will be largely forgotten about come next year. It has all the hallmarks of a vanity project, made by someone who needs to put himself in the story, and can tick almost every box here http://www.blogthings.com/areyouacontrolfreakquiz/

So far, I’ve seen nothing that will change the publics perception of this case, just as no-one quoted Ric’s book as a reliable source.

Part I is designed to uphold the words of Geraldine “DeFeo”, while the real people “who were there” are offered only side-show cameos.

The screen-time the director gives himself to tell a story we are hoping to hear from others, his incessant need to delete/trash/attempt-to-sue dissenting voices, plus his general inserting-himself-into-the-story hey-look-at-me-I-found-a-gun ego-trippery is ultimately why this was made, and not because of some injustice commited almost 40 years ago.

Shattered Hopes has nothing to say, but wants to make heroes of those who say it.

kathyM
Princess
Posts: 2701

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by kathyM » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:32 am

Bravo! :clap:

kathyM
Princess
Posts: 2701

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by kathyM » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Wow, I just read back here on this post that part 2 will only be sold on Ryan's website.

Selling on Amazon and other sites too would make more sense. How will anyone even find this dvd or hear about it? Why go to all the trouble of making a documentary and then not want to market it anywhere that the public can find it? Isnt that a huge waste of time and money to let it sit on some dumb website that nobody has ever heard of?

What do the other people involved with this production feel about that? Though I am starting to wonder if there is anyone else working on this besides Ryan. He seems to be wearing all the hats and has all the titles of the working staff.

I hope Ryan doesnt owe anybody for investing in the making of this documentary. I dont think he is going to recoup any of the money. He should have hired a marketing person.

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9793
Contact:

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:23 pm

kathyM wrote:What do the other people involved with this production feel about that?
Very good question.

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9793
Contact:

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:05 pm

But they seem happy nonetheless...
Clarice Hobson
TALK IS CHEEP AND ALL THOSE ON THAT HATE BOARD HAVE IS TALK

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS
Diana here...Yes Clarice, their talk is cheap and I would also like to add that they are becoming irrelevant every day because it is plain to see we have all the documents backing us up. And Nick, they will see the evidence once parts 2 and 3 are out. They will just have to wait.

kathyM
Princess
Posts: 2701

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by kathyM » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:50 pm

How much longer do we have to wait for the almighty documents and evidence that Ryan likes to say he has? At the rate he is going I will probably be dead or have memory loss from old age so I wont even remember what evidence I was waiting to see! :cry:

I dont think Ryan can string people along much longer hoping they will buy his parts 2 and 3. People get tired of the games and the lies.

User avatar
msmart112
Amityville_Member
Posts: 1934

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by msmart112 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Diana Maiocco wrote:Diana here...Yes Clarice, their talk is cheap and I would also like to add that they are becoming irrelevant every day because it is plain to see we have all the documents backing us up. And Nick, they will see the evidence once parts 2 and 3 are out. They will just have to wait.
Plain to see?

There certainly weren't any documents backing-up the ridiculous claims made in Part I...why would Part II and Part III be any different?

:roll:

What's plain to see is that this "three part trilogy" is a complete failure.
Image

User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
Posts: 11897

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:31 pm

msmart112 wrote:There certainly weren't any documents backing-up the ridiculous claims made in Part I...
Reminds me of Ric's book, where there are only 3 sources cited in the endnotes (for the chapter detailing how the murders went down) -- and 2 of them are only validating the weather (Newday's weather forecast) and the fact that Castle Keep was on TV that night (Newsday's TV listings)... :doh:

User avatar
eber3
complete jackass
Posts: 932
Location: Behind your couch

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by eber3 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:01 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
msmart112 wrote:There certainly weren't any documents backing-up the ridiculous claims made in Part I...
Reminds me of Ric's book, where there are only 3 sources cited in the endnotes (for the chapter detailing how the murders went down) -- and 2 of them are only validating the weather (Newday's weather forecast) and the fact that Castle Keep was on TV that night (Newsday's TV listings)... :doh:
If I was him, I'd have sited one more source... county maps to prove the house is indeed in Amityville. I mean geez, without that you have nothing!!! :bath:

User avatar
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.
Posts: 666

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by Tim » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:07 am

C'mon guys.......ya'll should be thankful Ryan limited this crap to 3 parts! It could have been a 5 part flunkumnetory!
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9793
Contact:

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:31 am

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:The next installments are going to demonstrate just what the haters do NOT know about the DeFeo case.
:think:

That's us and Judge Stark then!

Gary wrote:Will this ever be coming to blu ray? I upgraded awhile back and i no longer buy dvds of any kind, so when something only comes to dvd that i really want to see it saddens me. i hope this can become a reality!
Seeing as the project began before the days of affordable HD, plus the director thought digital meant HD throughout the shooting (promising a Blu-Ray) there's nothing much to upgrade from.


Although Mythbusters say it can be done...


User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
Posts: 11897

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat May 05, 2012 11:01 am

scipio-USMC wrote:For fun I decided to see if anyone reviewed it anywhere else and the only reviews I can find are on Amazon. IMDB doesn't even have any reviews yet. Many of the reviews seem to be from KATCO. The clowns are so desperate they are posting their own reviews using aliases of course thus pretending to be average people.
...

People from here who saw it should post reviews there. I bet everytime a negative review pops up he will create another fake glowing review with 5 stars. That right there shows the chlidish mentality being dealth with.
I got kinda busy with work lately, but finally got around to putting up my Amazon review. Kept it to the bare basics and kept it short and sweet in the hopes that more average people would read it. :D

kathyM
Princess
Posts: 2701

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by kathyM » Sat May 05, 2012 12:01 pm

I did post Scipio. I was the second one on Amazon.com. My review was simple and to the point. It got buried unfortunately by those posters that had freaking page long odes to the documentary! :) If you look carefully you will see mine.

User avatar
Shawn
Been there, Done that
Posts: 2435

Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

Post by Shawn » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Finally got my hands on this movie, and I'm up to right after it shows the horrible picture of Louise DeFeo. You know, the one showing her face(how tasteless). And this is my review. i am going to add as i watch, just to keep it fresh.

first of all, Ed Asner sounds like a robot. Absolutely no feeling there what so ever. The one who plays Ronnie shoulld not give up his day job. Ryan would of done better posting the many videos of the REAL DEAL instead of some two bit "actor" :roll:

And throughout the first 15 minutes I needed a Dramamine. If i wanted to see The Blair Witch, i would of rented that instead. I felt like I was getting seasick. I got to a point when Ric is talking to The Dentureless One. I kind of feel bad, he bought her BS hook line and sinker. We all know Butch told her of that heart. He probably gave it to her on her birthday or Christmas and mentioned it to TDLO (The Dentureless one from now on)

Ann i love this...Ryan had to introduce himself??? LOL! I have never seen that. I think a simple caption would of sufficed instead of the obvious "Look at meeeeee!!!" approach. :fp:

And to think I am only 20 minutes into this. This is about where the last time I hit eject. Wish me luck, Im going in!
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

User avatar
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di
Posts: 4300
Location: Athens, Texas

Re: Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

Post by Howard64 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:02 pm

thanks for the review Shawn:) Such a brave soul...delving into dangerous
waters to help us better understand:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

User avatar
Shawn
Been there, Done that
Posts: 2435

Re: Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

Post by Shawn » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:55 pm

I'm having that same problem I had before when watching it. Every time Geraldine opens her mouth I instinctively ignore it. Ryan so far is coming across as the know it all yet garnishes no credentials. Like we are just supposed to believe him?

25:11 into this.

26:18 Acoustic guitar cuts off the voice, loud, then IT is cut off for the Great Ed Astner, who in this sounds like a robot. Who edited this????? Helen Keller????

27:50 THe one who is playing Ronald Sr. look s great. Kudos to Ryan for getting a spot on actor. YAY! There is something likeable in this i guess, and am hoping.........(hope springs eternal)

I am wondering if Geraldine is in the whole thing...:(

31:38 Now I'm sick. The two roses scene. Please don't tell me this is going to be Amityville Titanic! And don't you find it appropriate that Ryan is sitting at a well stocked bar? Good evidence that he's drinking something. :shock:

Still, Geraldine is totally ruining this film. And the "actress" that plays her. (I'm not a psycho, but i play one on TV!)

*sigh, back to hell. I'll report more soon.


*******************************************************************************************************************************************End of transmission


41:04. how did the spaghetti night incident turn into butch getting bitch slapped???? WTF?

42:49 I take it back about the actor playing RD Sr. The gun scene. Very painful.

51:49 how much more is there???? This film has nothing to offer but geraldines lies. And that woman, the one that was interviewed when it happened and now she is on Ryans film. When you see the WHOLE interview of her from 1974 I do not get the impression that she knows the DeFoes very well. Now they were best buds? Um, no. I don't think so. And Roger Nonowitz(sic)...why is he not mentioning that legal letter his wife sent? You know, the hone HE witnessed? Ryan's portrayal of this man is very misleading. Either the old man is lying, or Ryan never told him about Geraldine before the interview. Well, As far as I'm concerned, R. Nonowitz(sic) is a liar as well.

Ugh. How much more of this torture????


54:35 Ohhhhhhh Joel Martin!!!! Now he's credible!!!!! :roll:

58:00 I'm done. This film is really giving me a headache. And it's only half done. :fp:
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

kathyM
Princess
Posts: 2701

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by kathyM » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:35 am

If I were making this documentary I would skip the reenactments and have lots of interviews with as many people involved with the case as possible. I want to hear what they have to say. Also way too much Geraldine, she ran the show and I dont believe she lived it but rather got a lot of info from Ronnie when she met him much later than is said here.

I know Ryan will say that I am not a filmmaker and I dont know anything about it and yes that is true, but I do know what I like when I watch it. This part I was a disappointment. I would have given parts 2 and 3 a chance, I even stated here that I would but watching the way Ryan has treated people no way will I give him any more of my money.

User avatar
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di
Posts: 4300
Location: Athens, Texas

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by Howard64 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:41 am

so this whole deal is based on Geraldine and the notion that
butchie grew up in an abusive environment? Wheres the
smoking gun crapola that Ryan said was so revealing?
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Post Reply