Augie Degenaro

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
RitaF
Amityville Member

Re: Augie Degenaro

Post by RitaF » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Augi was not in witness protection in 2001-2002. And he wasn't that hard to find. He and his wife were sharing a house with us, in Jersey.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:34 am

It's a real pity he didn't know about this BS being written at the time...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:44 am

In Shattered Hopes Part II...
Ryan Katzenbach wrote:And shortly after the murders, according to Butch, Augie Degenaro just disappeared off the face of the Earth.
Ric Osuna says he spoke to a former Assistant District Attorney called John Christopher Fine, who "won't talk about him", so Ric then speculates he is in witness protection.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:26 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:In Shattered Hopes Part II...
Ryan Katzenbach wrote:And shortly after the murders, according to Butch, Augie Degenaro just disappeared off the face of the Earth.
Ric Osuna says he spoke to a former Assistant District Attorney called John Christopher Fine, who "won't talk about him", so Ric then speculates he is in witness protection.
DeFeo was in prison how would he know whether Augie was around or not? It would be like asking a hermit if someone has been around a town the hermit doesn't visit. This is the kind of crap anyone in Katzenbach's place would question since he has no basis of knowledge.

Frankly I don't believe Osuna's claim about Fine at all. I don't trust anything Osuna claims at all. Especially since he is claiming that ROn told him so much in a single visit and thus he had no need to return for more info. DeFeo's assertion that Osuna showed up and he told them he was not telling them anything and left is far more believable than him telling Osuna so much in 1 visit.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:59 pm

scipio-USMC wrote:I don't trust anything Osuna claims at all. Especially since he is claiming that ROn told him so much in a single visit and thus he had no need to return for more info.
Not long after that visit, Osuna told his forum it was the first of many, because "I mainly just talked about the family".

Obviously Butch did not want to see him again, as in the book the visit suddenly became Butch telling him the entire story.

:doh: