The Red Phone

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

The Red Phone

Postby msmart112 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:24 pm

In Shattered Hopes...Ric Osuna said...

"Anytime he wanted to check up on Louise, who he feared was cheating on him, which she wasn't, he would call the red phone."

...which was immediately followed by Ryan Katzenbach saying...

"That phone is evident in the crime scene photos. If you look closely you can see that phone in the dining room. Only Big Ronnie knew the number of that phone, and the reason for this being was so that he could call home whenever he wanted to, and he could check on Louise."

...how can Ryan be so sure that the red phone in the dining room phone was THE red phone...when there was another red phone in the basement...

:think:

And with seven people living in the house...maybe the family simply had a second line?

Ryan stated that only Mr. DeFeo knew the number of the red phone...yet...on April 15, 2002...Geraldine (a.k.a. MRSD112) wrote in this post on Ric Osuna's old board...

"Hay anybody remember the phone numbers in the house in 1974?"

...and then...

"...and I do remember the two phone numbers..."

...so if Mr. DeFeo was the ONLY person who knew both numbers (according to Ryan Katzenbach)...how was Geraldine able to remember both numbers?

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Re: The Red Phone

Postby VintageBoy91 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:32 am

I always thought Ronnie had his own phone in his room. I guess I saw a phone in his room (crime scene pictures). :think:
VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Postby Howard64 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:31 am

Sounds to me like people taking shortcuts to make themselves
popular. Take details of a case such as this and make assumptions
or twist the facts to fit your theory.

But of course there is one part that no one seems to be changing
or reporting on; the alcohol/peroxide mix.

Any thoughts?
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Tim » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:05 pm

You're right Howard. And if they wrap it in a pretty little box with new and improved on it, people might buy it =$$$
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Postby Shawn » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Personally, I believe Ronald Sr. simply liked the color red. There were some rooms painted red(Allison's bedroom trim and radiator casing was red, I believe dining room and of coarse the redroom. ;) ) I love the color red and I think the red phones are way cool! My mouse is even red! :dance:

And it's not so strange to have two lines back then. There were two teenage girls living there and perhaps the second line was off limits because it was his direct, unrestricted line to his wife. couples this day and age are worse about this btw...cellphones...I know quite a few (controlling too much imho) guys that do that to their wives/girlfriends. It's disgusting. We already know Sr. was a control freak.... :?
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.
Shawn
Been there, Done that

Postby Howard64 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:28 pm

What is disgusting Shawn, is that people think they can
get away with making up stories since the folks they talk
about are dead. At least it seems that way to me.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Geenahgee1974 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:26 pm

Geraldine "DeFeo. Was a compulsive liar and a criminal. She didn't know the DeFeo, family and I don't think she knew the phone numbers to anything. It's so sad, how people are making money off this tragedy making up lie after lie. Her and Ryan, were a good, combination of made up story tellers.
Geenahgee1974
Amityville Member

Postby Ayko » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:27 am

msmart112 wrote:In Shattered Hopes...Ric Osuna said...

"Anytime he wanted to check up on Louise, who he feared was cheating on him, which she wasn't, he would call the red phone."

...which was immediately followed by Ryan Katzenbach saying...

"That phone is evident in the crime scene photos. If you look closely you can see that phone in the dining room. Only Big Ronnie knew the number of that phone, and the reason for this being was so that he could call home whenever he wanted to, and he could check on Louise."

...how can Ryan be so sure that the red phone in the dining room phone was THE red phone...when there was another red phone in the basement...

And with seven people living in the house...maybe the family simply had a second line?

Ryan stated that only Mr. DeFeo knew the number of the red phone...yet...on April 15, 2002...Geraldine (a.k.a. MRSD112) wrote in this post on Ric Osuna's old board...

"Hay anybody remember the phone numbers in the house in 1974?"

...and then...

"...and I do remember the two phone numbers..."

...so if Mr. DeFeo was the ONLY person who knew both numbers (according to Ryan Katzenbach)...how was Geraldine able to remember both numbers?

VintageBoy91 wrote:I always thought Ronnie had his own phone in his room. I guess I saw a phone in his room (crime scene pictures). :think:

Howard64 wrote:Sounds to me like people taking shortcuts to make themselves
popular. Take details of a case such as this and make assumptions
or twist the facts to fit your theory.

But of course there is one part that no one seems to be changing
or reporting on; the alcohol/peroxide mix.

Any thoughts?

Tim wrote:You're right Howard. And if they wrap it in a pretty little box with new and improved on it, people might buy it =$$$

Shawn wrote:Personally, I believe Ronald Sr. simply liked the color red. There were some rooms painted red(Allison's bedroom trim and radiator casing was red, I believe dining room and of coarse the redroom. ;) ) I love the color red and I think the red phones are way cool! My mouse is even red! :dance:

And it's not so strange to have two lines back then. There were two teenage girls living there and perhaps the second line was off limits because it was his direct, unrestricted line to his wife. couples this day and age are worse about this btw...cellphones...I know quite a few (controlling too much imho) guys that do that to their wives/girlfriends. It's disgusting. We already know Sr. was a control freak.... :?

Howard64 wrote:What is disgusting Shawn, is that people think they can
get away with making up stories since the folks they talk
about are dead. At least it seems that way to me.

Geenahgee1974 wrote:Geraldine "DeFeo. Was a compulsive liar and a criminal. She didn't know the DeFeo, family and I don't think she knew the phone numbers to anything. It's so sad, how people are making money off this tragedy making up lie after lie. Her and Ryan, were a good, combination of made up story tellers.

May I ask what point it is that any of you are not making?!
And if it is to do with a red phone then show the world how sanity can so easily slip away...
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby Buick - 1975 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:02 am

These seem to be the only 2 telephone numbers I can find.
Buick - 1975
Amityville Member

Postby Geenahgee1974 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:57 pm

The point I'm trying to make is Geraldine, was a liar. Therefore she didn't know the phone numbers to the DeFeo's home. She didn't even know this family, in 1974.
Geenahgee1974
Amityville Member

Return to DeFeo Discussion