Ryan katzenbach researched years for Shattered Hopes before

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Ryan katzenbach researched years for Shattered Hopes before

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:33 pm

he finally decided to request the police files on the case. What kind of research spends 5 years researching and comes up with conclusions then after coming to conclusions finally decided to get the police file? Then he has the nerve to say his story is based on the police file when he didn't even have it until after he already nailed down his story. He made up what he wanted then finally got the police file and picked from it what he could try to twist as supporting his claims.

Does anyone think he will release the entire police file so everyone can see everything and see if there is contradictory evidence to anything he claims? There is sooner a chance of hell freezing over than that.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: Ryan katzenbach researched years for Shattered Hopes bef

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:40 pm

scipio-USMC wrote:Does anyone think he will release the entire police file...
No, even though he promised to do just that.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:45 pm

He promised to do so in a boxset after all three parts are completed.

If things continue as they are, it won't be financially viable.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:59 am

But he also promised to put up every document he had on his website, with the intention of making his website the biggest online collection on the web.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:12 am

Dan the Damned wrote:But he also promised to put up every document he had on his website, with the intention of making his website the biggest online collection on the web.
Fat chance of that happening. He will only reveal which documents he wants to reveal and not include anything detrimental. The notion of full disclosure is completely foreign to him he doesn't even want anyone posting reasonable questions to him on his page.

He is a snake oil peddler plain and simple.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:27 am

Yep, I think you're right. I don't expect him to carry out his promise. He'll probably cite this board as the reason being 'those AT people are mean and I'm not going to give them what they want by posting the documents,' but in reality it'll probably be due to low sales, and he'd figure it's not worth the hassle.

Or maybe he never had any intention to post the documents, knowing they would work against him and his fantasy story when people were allowed to put the documents into context (and maybe be able to read 'the very next line' from the lines he quotes)...

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Yep, I think you're right. I don't expect him to carry out his promise. He'll probably cite this board as the reason being 'those AT people are mean and I'm not going to give them what they want by posting the documents,' but in reality it'll probably be due to low sales, and he'd figure it's not worth the hassle.

Or maybe he never had any intention to post the documents, knowing they would work against him and his fantasy story when people were allowed to put the documents into context (and maybe be able to read 'the very next line' from the lines he quotes)...
He did that with the Ballistics report. He intentionally posted only a snippet on his website. He didn't want anyone to see the part where DellPenna concluded item 33 was a bullet from a Western Co. 35 caliber cartridge.