Davidge Family

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Davidge Family

Post by BooshaGirl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:59 am

Texted my friend in Amityville today.

Laura: Boring morning. hey, what do you know of the Davidge family?

Friend: Know them all....

(he goes on about some personal stuff regarding his health and to keep him in my prayers)

Laura: Honey, I will. Have your thyroid checked, too. I've heard that can cause some of your symptoms. When you feel better--maybe next week, I'd like to talk to you and have you answer a few more "Amityville" questions. Just concentrate on feeling better. I will say a roasary for your complete healing.

Friend: Thank you lady--and call me anytime. Luv ya...

SO: If you have any questions you want me to ask him about this family, please post them below.

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Re: Davidge Family

Post by BooshaGirl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:01 am

(or anything else, for that matter)

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:02 am

Sorry for the triple post, but yesterday I was driving home from work (Troy, Michigan) and saw a Honda van (grrrrr) with a vanity plate that very closely resembles a username here....so, was someone from this board on Big Beaver Road yesterday at around 5pm? If so, I was right behind you.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:52 am

The obvious questions are if she knew whether Billy was dating Dawn and or attended her prom with him.

What prompted them to move to Florida and when did they go (my research suggests Robert went first and after Billy graduated his mother followed Robert)

When Billy moved to Florida

Is she is still in contact with them

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 am

I will ask him. He's a male--my Amityville friend who knew the DeFeo's, et. al. My other friend on Long Island is a girl--but she lives in Bellmore (about 15 minutes away).

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:28 am

BooshaGirl wrote:I will ask him. He's a male--my Amityville friend who knew the DeFeo's, et. al. My other friend on Long Island is a girl--but she lives in Bellmore (about 15 minutes away).
Just how well he knew them will determine what you can ask.

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:10 am

Oh, he knew them all! "Lyin" dismissed his earlier response from Boosha. Typical. He remains to type.
"Everywhere I went wuz like uh telephone; no answer."

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:52 am

BooshaGirl wrote:SO: If you have any questions you want me to ask him about this family, please post them below.
Does your friend recall Ronnie having been married to Geraldine?

Does your friend recall Ronnie being married at all?

Does your friend recall Geraldine at all?

Does your friend recall Ronnie having a daughter?

Does your friend recall Ronnie living part-time in New Jersey (starting in late 1970)?

Does your friend recall when Ronnie started hanging around with Robert Kelske?

Does your friend know when Frank and William Davidge moved to Florida?

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:58 am

Well, Ryan can believe me or not. I know I'm telling the truth and so is my friend. He has known Ronnie since they moved in--and they WERE friends. My friend STOPPED hanging with him a few years before the murders--he had been to Woodstock and was all peaceful and stuff--and in HIS words, "Ronnie was just a major :) flower :) and I wanted nothing to do with him." Before they stopped being friends, though--they hung out a lot. Also, he still hung out with the other guys in that gang.

You see, it's delicate because he rarely (if ever) talks to people about this. He doesn't LIKE to talk about it, especially to reporters (right after the fact) and to strangers. I was a total stranger to him a few years back when we were introduced. Lucky for me he seemed to like my sense of humor and he trusted me enough to take me ALL OVER Long Island and show me EVERYTHING...not just the house, the bar (under construction for new venue) and the houses of friends, but to Jones Beach and where the band KISS first played (Daisy something). I got a magical HISTORY TOUR with him. It was fabulous. I wanted to keep asking DeFeo questions, but HE wanted to show me other stuff--it would have been SO RUDE to badger him with DeFeo questions when he was so nice to take me out all day--ALL OVER town. The only place he would NOT take me to was the cemetery. He has never been to their graves, even though his grandparents are at the cemetery. It bothers him SO BADLY to think of the DeFeo children (he's a grandpa now) and simply can't bring himself after all these years to go to the graves.

I will never betray his confidence. I just need to pick the right times to ask--he is SUCH a burly-type New Yorker and gets angered quickly (in stark contrast to his "hippie love/peace" ideals--but we all get hypocritical at times).

Anyway, he STILL hasn't gone to visit Ronnie (even after all my excited BEGGING to at least TRY)...you see, it isn't as important to him as it is to us! Funny, no? Also, someone brought up a good point. I'm very close with my neighbors. Pretend they were murdered. This person asked me how *I'd* feel if for 30+ years people wanted to talk about your friends--people you cared about--your neighbors...it's just so weird. He has moved on with his life, but anytime he tells someone where he lives--he gets the same thing. "Have you ever been to THE HORROR HOUSE?" He hates that so much.

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:01 pm

msmart112 wrote:
BooshaGirl wrote:SO: If you have any questions you want me to ask him about this family, please post them below.
Does your friend recall Ronnie having been married to Geraldine?

Does your friend recall Ronnie being married at all?

Does your friend recall Geraldine at all?

Does your friend recall Ronnie having a daughter?

Does your friend recall Ronnie living part-time in New Jersey (starting in late 1970)?

Does your friend recall when Ronnie started hanging around with Robert Kelske?

Does your friend know when Frank and William Davidge moved to Florida?
I have these printed and am going to ask him EVERYTHING. He was very curious how his other questions went with this board. I told him that I heard through the board that Ryan thought I was a liar--and he laughed. He said, "who IS this Ryan idiot? Did HE live here? I don't think so, because I'd have probably kicked his ass at one time or another!" Hahhaaa. He's like that. I'm not used to the New York attitude, so I try to be very careful! Anyway, like I said--I'll ask him. Maybe I'll even phone him tonight, as I'm busy the rest of the week after work. Gosh, I wish I still got off work at 2pm...back then we had plenty of time to talk before kids got home from school and dinnertime. I *will* call him, though. I promise.

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:06 pm

And as I said before, my friend said Geraldine was NEVER a part of that group in the 70's. He would have remembered her. He also said there is NO WAY Ronnie was married then. There was another group (the heroin people) Ronnie hung out with that my friend didn't know too much about--but he knew OF them and names and such--Geraldine wasn't even part of THAT seedy bunch. I know this for SURE from him. We've discussed Geraldine a LOT. I'll ask him who else Ronnie dated, too. He was close to Kelske--said scouts were looking after him and he could have been a MAJOR STAR ATHLETE, but he screwed himself up, too. Ugh. When he talks of Kelske, I sense such a sadness. When he talks of Ronnie--I just hear anger and disgust....and sometimes laughter. He talks of how stupid Ronnie was (is) and how he was always into some trouble or other and basically PAID Kelske to be his friend (nobody would kick Ronnie's butt if Kelske was by his side being his "bodyguard."... and other people he'd try to "buy."

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:20 pm

astonio wrote:Oh, he knew them all! "Lyin" dismissed his earlier response from Boosha. Typical. He remains to type.
I'd like to know more about this "dismissal" as I've never been on his page. Did he really dismiss everythign my friend told me last time? (Like the names of the wives, the Jr. High School they attended?) OOooooh, I can't WAIT to tell him about that! Hahhahaa.

Astonio, you're sweet. And yes, if my friend says he knew them "all," then he really knew them "ALL!" Now I'm all riled up!!! ahhahahhaa. Bah, Ryan and his goofballs aren't worth my anger--but they ARE worth proving wrong by REAL people who remember REAL TRUTH. Again, like I said--I wasn't there. I'm just relaying what my friend tells me--he was there.

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Unfortunately Boosha, yes. He an Ms. Gates remarked on his FB page about very minor mistakes. I recall one had to do with the # of children Bobby had. Yet, ol boy in his docu made MANY such mistakes. Two stand out: Dawn went to the Katherine Gibbs School....in Brooklyn! (No such school existed in Brooklyn and why would she drive that far every day to school when there was a Katherine Gibbs School within 15-20 min from her home in Melville??). His second 'minor' mistake was Ms. Gates claiming Long Island was in upstate NY ( :roll: ).

Now that I think about it, he screwed up Allison's middle name on his YouTube channel and when I corrected him with a simple: Allison's middle name was Louise, he made a snarky remark and deleted my comment from YouTube.

Like I said...typical. :hammer:
"Everywhere I went wuz like uh telephone; no answer."

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Ugh...well, he told me "like 5" kids. Should I get all their names and birthdates? I don't think my friend would know all THOSE details! LOL. He did say he spoke to one of Kelske's sons recently, though. I think this "kid" is like 40 now. Bet they didn't laugh at the names I provided with last initial (I still have the full last names written down)...well, maybe they did...NERVOUS laughter--because they know I'm BUSTING them from a REAL and HONEST source.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:36 pm

This is a good comment written by Ryan to ask about:

"Ric Osuna, when he wrote "The Night The DeFeos Died" did reach out to Billy Davidge who confirmed a number of things about Dawn DeFeo. Billy, however, wouldn't speak to us. Again, something I certainly understand as Billy certainly has a life far removed, now, from this tragedy. I did learn more about Dawn, though, from others who knew her. One of the things I heard, repeatedly, was that Dawn was outwardly a bit quiet. BUT, she was also defiant and was sick of living under her father's tyrannical rule."

Ask him about Dawn being defiant and sick of living under her father's rule. What was the actual grapevine talk about such by acquaintances of the DeFeos.

Also there is a conflict over Dawn hanging out at bars with Ron. Shattered Hopes asserts she hung out with him at bars and used him for money but at trial a girlfriend testified he told them to stay away from anywhere they saw his car parked. DId Dawn hang out with him and his crowd ever?

It seems to me defiance would be moving out not staying home and going to secretarial school against her will.

The notion she couldn't move out because he would not allow it is a joke. How could he stop her if she decided to do so? Lock her in a hyperbaric chamber?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TnjtLUO69c

Moreover if he refused to allow her to move out why would he plot to kill her to get her out of his hair? If he wanted her out of his hair and she wanted to move out all he had to do was let her go. The tale doesn't pass the sniff test.

Also funny how people who don't want to talk to anyone supposedly talked to Ric...

Simon
formerly Just Simon

Post by Simon » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:21 pm

<------- * still chuckling over Big Beaver Road * Alas, I may grow up someday... :lol:

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Also ask if he knows what William F Davidge (the father) did for a living. I remember reading he worked for the government but forgot in what capacity. It was a state job (or local government but I think state). At the time I ignored this detail but now relaize I should have saved the source. If Ryan or Ric did an ounce of research they would have seen his job was a government job. How could a NY state or local worker be transferred to Florida? What work in Florida do NY government workers do exactly?

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:52 am

I *will* ask those questions. I don't know if he'll know about Dawn's "inner conflicts," as he mostly just hung out with Ronnie when they were youngsters...and then drifted apart due to Ronnie's stupid behavior.

Good question, though--about Dawn and "the kids" not being allowed to go into an establishment if they saw Ronnie's car parked outside said establishment. I'll see if my pal ever heard Ronnie say such a thing at Henry's. He *did* say that Ronnie DID brag a lot about his little brothers; especially of the one on the football team who was injured (I always get their names mixed up). My friend said Ronnie seemed GENUINELY "well-chuffed" about his brothers. This is why he has such a hard time believing Ronnie killed the little kids...he KNOWS RONNIE DID IT, he just "can't believe" it...because Ronnie talked about his little brothers in such proud ways. (I'm sure my friend was there and simply couldn't help but HEAR Ronnie's boisterous claims at times in the bar, even if they WERE estranged friends).

I will ask about Davidge, Sr. and what he did for a living....and SIMON! Simon, you are so funny. BIG BEAVER, BIG BEAVER, Exit 69 off I-75 Freeway!

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:43 am

You mentioned in the past that your friend said Dawn was "weird". Did he ever go into details why he thought Dawn was weird?

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:14 pm

That's so funny, Victoria--I was just writing in a private message about JUST THAT! Yes, he described dawn to me a few times as being "weird." He didn't HATE her or say she was crazy or anything. Then it's almost as if he feels bad about speaking ill of the dead and he stops. And he stops in such a way you just KNOW not to push. I totally got that message when he refused to take me to the cemetery. I asked twice (and even tried playfully "pouting" to no avail) and he kinda YELLED at me for asking after he already told me "no" and the reason WHY he told me "no." Hell, I didn't want to lose my "tour guide," so like he said, "next time you come, take a taxi or get your girlfriend in Bellmore to take you to St. Friggin' Charles!" I will get him to elaborate more on why he thought she was "weird." I just think she was the typical "pesky little sister." Maybe back in the day when he hung with Ronnie at the house, Dawn "bothered" them like I "bothered" MY big brother and HIS friends. I was a PEST to them...then after I grew up a bit, they started looking at me differently and my brother hated THAT even more! Hahahhaa. Again, that's just my "spin." I'm not going to make a three-part-trilogy out of my guesses like SOMEONE *cough/ryan/cough*!!!!

Again, I'll ask him more about the "weird" thing.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Could you also ask him whether he ever witnessed any violence in the family such as an incident Frank Davidge described?