Ryan Katzenbach’s lawsuit

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Re: Ryan Katzenbach’s lawsuit

Postby msmart112 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Recently...Ryan Katzenbach filed an ex-parte application to postpone default judgment in favor of alternative motion for relief.

Here's what the judge thought about Ryan's application...

The Honorable Otis D. Wright, II wrote:The Court is in receipt of Plaintiff’s Ex Parte Application, seeking to postpone the Court’s deadline to file a motion for default judgment, or in the alternative, seeking leave to file a motion for injunctive relief.

Upon review of Plaintiff’s Application, the Court finds no good reason to extend the deadline to file a motion for default judgment, which is due by September 18, 2012. If Plaintiff desires to join additional defendants, he must do so by amending his Complaint. If he requires subpoenas to ISPs and Internet services companies to determine the identities of the Doe Defendants, he must do so by filing a discovery motion before the Magistrate Judge. Regardless of what Plaintiff decides to do, Doe Defendants must be named and served within 120 days of the filing of the complaint, or the case may be dismissed.

And the good judge had a few more words for Ryan...

The Honorable Otis D. Wright, II wrote:The fact that Plaintiff stands in pro se does not require the Court to extend deadlines or otherwise grant any leniency. If Plaintiff has any doubt concerning law or procedure, or has difficulty filing papers on time, he should consult an attorney. If Plaintiff cannot afford an attorney, the Court advises Plaintiff that a Federal Pro Se Clinic is located in the United States Courthouse at 312 N. Spring Street, Room 525, Fifth Floor, Los Angeles, California 90012. The clinic is open for appointments on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 9:30 a.m. The Federal Pro Se Clinic offers free, on-site information and guidance to individuals who are representing themselves in federal civil actions. Plaintiff is encouraged to visit the clinic for advice concerning his case.
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby Howard64 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Does this mean he is losing? I do not understand a lot
of this legal mumbo jumbo...
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Doesn't mean he's losing, but it is a setback. Also seems he may be pissing off the judge with his nonsense.

I would rather not comment on the specifics of the judge's order at this point, as such talk may be advantageous to Ryan.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Howard64 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:30 pm

oh okay, good point. Thanks for clearing that up:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Tim » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:00 am

Dan the Damned wrote:Doesn't mean he's losing, but it is a setback. Also seems he may be pissing off the judge with his nonsense.

I would rather not comment on the specifics of the judge's order at this point, as such talk may be advantageous to Ryan.

Lol, there is NOTHING advantageous about this creep...
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Postby astonio » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:48 am

Didn't this document close with:

MOTION DENIED

...or something very close to that.

Hurts.
"Everywhere I went wuz like uh telephone; no answer."
astonio
Resident

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:21 am

YES!
Finally there is something I agree with Ryan about!
His lawsuit IS a train wreck! :breakdance:

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby sherbetbizarre » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:10 am

Pity the 22 people who "like" the update fail to realize this is why Part II has taken so long to get to them.

Please, at least one of you, tell him on his page he's wasting everyone's time.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby radiomixer » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:17 pm

This is a reasonable facsimile of my reaction to Maxwell's new signature:

"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"
radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Postby Howard64 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:03 pm

I wish Master Bruce was still alive
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:53 am

Katzanbach whined about the suit to Brian Jasik last night at 1:11:00 on the Halloween special.

http://www.dominionliveradio.com/

Says he sued Peter for being "outright ridiculous"!

And adds:

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:All I would like to say to these people is leave -- me -- alone. That's all you have to do, just leave -- me -- alone. I'm doing my thing. If you don't like what I present at the end of the day, then disagree with it! I don't care! Ok? But just leave me alone. It's just this constant personal attack. And look at the things that I'm presenting in the film - we as a team are presenting in this film, ok? You can't argue with, because common sense dictates that there was a lot more going on in this case that what met the eye. So when you see Part II, you are going to see exactly what I'm talking about, ok? So what happens is, the people I have to deal with are people who don't know factually what I have, they don't know what's going to be in the film, so they pro-actively take the stance that I'm a fraud, that I'm a liar - that was one of the things this guy said is that I'm defrauding the public out of all this money.

Yeah, like that addresses the issue of Geraldine :doh:

Not to mention all the problems you inherited from The Night The DeFeo's Died.

And I don't trust whatever you are going to read into these new documents either... and I'm not the only one.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby kathyM » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:28 am

It just amazes me that he plays the victim.

He says he doesnt care if you disagree with him or his documentary but he threatens to sue and deletes comments and then calls you names because you question him. ?? But he doesnt care what people think right?

He makes it personal by doing the things he does. Lawsuits, rants on several facebook pages against people and posting people's personal info to try to embarrass them. How about making up imagined things people supposidly did from posts he puts together randomly? He has not a shred of proof yet just throws it out there to see what people say so he can see if it is even true or not. But he tells us he doesnt really care what people think. :roll:

How does he expect us to even watch part 2? He is only selling it on his personal site and who in the world would trust him with any personal info when he has shown he cant be trusted? He has said in his lawsuit that he wants to get everyone's addresses. So exactly how does he expect us to give him a chance on part 2? We cant even freaking buy it! Way to cut half your sales Ryan! DUH! :fp:

So a victim you are certainly not .
kathyM
Princess

Postby Dan the Damned » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:18 am

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:I'm doing my thing. If you don't like what I present at the end of the day, then disagree with it! I don't care! Ok? But just leave me alone. It's just this constant personal attack.

Trouble is, he lumps any/all criticism of his film into the "personal attack" category. Even these two sentences will be construed as a personal attack.

This whole "personal attack" nonsense is a convenient way to dismiss us and the points we bring up regarding the case.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby PeterPisani » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:18 pm

personal attack (plural personal attacks)
1.Making of an abusive remark instead of providing evidence when examining another person's claims or comments.

Peter,

Let me be perfectly clear. You're all bark and :) silly dilly :). I know it, you know it. I took you off the page already because this page is not going to be about you and I am not going to let you break down the following we have for our film by running people off. As for those pictures, I'll use them anywhere I want since you seem to have no problem posting Stephanie's pictures anywhere you want. Funny how that works. And spare me your courtroom, pressing charges crap. Enough, already.

Such big talk from a man on house arrest in his girlfriend's apartment in Pennsylvania. Have you told them that? Have you told them that your criminal wrap sheet goes on for about 3 miles? How many DWI's are you up to now? That should bolster your credibility with them tremendously, but then knowing the FAQ, I am sure they'll set that fact aside and embrace your credibility ten-fold. And before you go making a huge spectacle of yourself on the FAQ, you might want to stop and think about your conversations with Stephanie. Facebook, email, etc.,. because they have all been archived and she just handed them over to me....ALL of it and it covers a VERY, VERY LONG PERIOD OF TIME.

Be sure to mention to them on there that the 2008 Court appearance you made was when you trashed Stephanie's place, had a huge crack party, and got arrested that night. The day she was in Court with you was when you were being sentenced to jail.

And speaking of jail, have you mentioned to them that you just got out of jail, Peter? Or should I go over there and mention this for you?

Now, if you're all done trying to be a badass, and you actually want to talk about an arrangement by which we can get this testing done in time to make my film, then put up. Dates, times, locations, let's hear your ideas. And I will assure you, our cameras will be coming with us.

-R

----------------------------------------------
K A T C O M E D I A
A SCREEN ACTOR'S GUILD SIGNATORY PRODUCTION COMPANY

ryan@amityvillefilm.cominfo@amityvillefilm.com
www.shattereddocumentary.com

NOTHING IN THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE AN ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE UNLESS A SPECIFIC STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY IS INCLUDED IN THIS MESSAGE.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.
PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Postby kathyM » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:58 pm

I wouldnt call like 8 people on his facebook page a following for his film. :roll:
kathyM
Princess

Postby Howard64 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:13 pm

wow peter, i didn't know you were such a silly dilly...
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby AKA JH70 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:08 pm

kathyM wrote:I wouldnt call like 8 people on his facebook page a following for his film. :roll:

Those 8 people are Rykat's relatives.
AKA JH70
I got yer stinkin' quarter!

Postby Rokiisun » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:19 am

I was interested in the film originally, but what lost my interest in the project
was the amount of negative energy the director had been channelling lately.

Lawsuits towards those with conflicting opinions certainly made me feel uneasy.
You want to attract audiences who will leave the film with a split opinion. You
don't want to bully your audiences into accepting the film as absolute truth.

That's like telling an athiest they will get thrown into jail if they do not pay a
fine for stating that Genesis is filled with lies, or an athiest telling a Christian
they will get thrown into jail if they do not pay a fine for stating that Science
cannot disprove the existence of God.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby kathyM » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Exactly. :clap:
kathyM
Princess

Postby PeterPisani » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:23 am

So as it is made Blatantly clear that Ryan Katzenbach has knowingly lied for years about my family and the Defeo's , I am finding the humor these days.

Just for the fun of it, I re-read his lawsuit. I am getting sued for sayinrg Ryan is a Liar, knowingly defrauding his customers, and because he is scared of me.

Heres a gem......Page 42 line 10.

85. Plantiff states, in May 2012 on the MAXIM website "Ryan did TERRIBLE research. Shattered Hopes is based on the account of a woman who was living in Upstate NY at the time of the Murders. She was not married to Defeo Until 1985."

Defendants statement is defamation on it's face in the assertion that "Ryan did Terrible research".

WTF? If you did any research, you would know you got conned by my family dude. And that way, you wouldnt be suing ME for calling YOU liar. You scammed all your Buyers, and your still doing it. You are a huckster. And one more thing for ANY and ALL people involved. Next time you want to whine about me on some radio or net show, Give me the heads up. Lets talk in public with a mediator. Because I WILL CALL IN next time I am aware of a live broadcast. If you are gonna talk about me, you can talk to me as well. Now go cry to a judge.....I am still calling you names and threatning to publicly shame you.
PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Postby believer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:08 am

PeterPisani wrote:So as it is made Blatantly clear that Ryan Katzenbach has knowingly lied for years about my family and the Defeo's , I am finding the humor these days.

Just for the fun of it, I re-read his lawsuit. I am getting sued for sayinrg Ryan is a Liar, knowingly defrauding his customers, and because he is scared of me.

Heres a gem......Page 42 line 10.

85. Plantiff states, in May 2012 on the MAXIM website "Ryan did TERRIBLE research. Shattered Hopes is based on the account of a woman who was living in Upstate NY at the time of the Murders. She was not married to Defeo Until 1985."

Defendants statement is defamation on it's face in the assertion that "Ryan did Terrible research".

WTF? If you did any research, you would know you got conned by my family dude. And that way, you wouldnt be suing ME for calling YOU liar. You scammed all your Buyers, and your still doing it. You are a huckster. And one more thing for ANY and ALL people involved. Next time you want to whine about me on some radio or net show, Give me the heads up. Lets talk in public with a mediator. Because I WILL CALL IN next time I am aware of a live broadcast. If you are gonna talk about me, you can talk to me as well. Now go cry to a judge.....I am still calling you names and threatning to publicly shame you.

Peter....he will never allow anyone the chance for rebuttal against any of his claims. Hence why anyone who speaks against him on his Shittered Dopes page on facebook gets their comments deleted and then blocked from the page.

I'm not sure if counter-suing him is an option or not but I do know for a fact that there are a few people here, as I'm sure as yourself, that have the proof that he is indeed a liar and a fraud. Since it is a civil lawsuit, he has the burden of proof that he is not a liar and a fraud. And since there is absolutely no evidence, other than your 'mother's statements, he will lose this lawsuit without a doubt.

Best of luck to you, Peter (though I don't think you'll need it...Katzenback is digging his own grave deeper and deeper every time he opens his mouth.)
believer
Amityville Member

PreviousNext

Return to DeFeo Discussion